View Poll Results: Team Taoists versus Team "XF pwners+GWM". Your prediction?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old, wise & profound guys FTW!

14 73.68%
  • A day of mourning for fellow Taoists and heroes in general.

5 26.32%
  • not sure but i'm just glad this is not pay-per-view.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team War: Team Taoists vs. Team 'XF Pwners+GWM'

Default Team War: Team Taoists vs. Team 'XF Pwners+GWM'

Another team war? you got it, this one being played out exclusively (so far) on spcnet.tv.

In this all-out war, we have Team Taoists consisting of QuanZhen Sect Founder, Central Divinity Wang ChongYang and humble WuDang Sect Founder Zhang SanFeng, versus Team XF Pwners: You TanZhi, MuRong Fu, & Ding ChunQiu BACKED also by "First Protector of Mongolia" Golden Wheel Monk.

Some of their noteworthy skills:

Wang ChongYang (9 Yin Manual, QuanZhen Sword Technique, Big Dipper Formation, Yi Yang Zi, Xian Tian Gong)
    +
    Zhang SanFeng (parts of 9 Yang Manual, Tai Chi Fist, Tai Chi Sword Technique)

versus

You TanZhi (parts of Yi Jin Jing, Icy Silkworm Poison Palms)
    +
    MuRong Fu (Dou Chuan Xing Yi)
    +
    Ding ChunQiu (Energy Dissipating Technique)
    +
    Golden Wheel Monk (level 10 Dragon Elephant Bo Yea Gong)

You know the drill. Discuss and put in your votes today!

I'm in a big fan of Z3F but that's some heavy opposition.

I'll have to give it to XF Pwners + GWM.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I'm in a big fan of Z3F but that's some heavy opposition.

I'll have to give it to XF Pwners + GWM.
    hahaha sad day for taoists? but those 2 are the great granddaddy masters of taoist sects , surely they can pull something off by manipulating both yin and yang energies no?

Good as Z3F and WCY were, they're only at best as good as a single Great each.

GWM will tie up one and the "XF owners" did own XF (Great level at the very least).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Good as Z3F and WCY were, they're only at best as good as a single Great each.

GWM will tie up one and the "XF owners" did own XF (Great level at the very least).
    talk about underestimating those 2 granddaddy masters who are also martial arts geniuses btw coming up with a lot of wicked kung-fu...both of them are higher than a great no doubt. if GWM was to tie one however, that will most likely be WCY cuz Z3F will beat GWM. and Z3F > XF. sorry to say but its the truth. hAHAHahah according to my books anyways. subjective truth but the truth nonetheless.

Right. Yet Z3F himself said that he might not have achieved the level of the great masters of the past like GJ or YG.

And this is the 100+ year old Z3F. Even if you give a generous dose of modesty, Z3F wouldn't be that much better than a ROCH Great.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Right. Yet Z3F himself said that he might not have achieved the level of the great masters of the past like GJ or YG.

And this is the 100+ year old Z3F. Even if you give a generous dose of modesty, Z3F wouldn't be that much better than a ROCH Great.
    as usual, he's just being his humble, modest self. he's certainly up there with GJ and YG. WCY is following very close behind. had it been GJ and YG versus the same team, would u have sided differently?

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    had it been GJ and YG versus the same team, would u have sided differently?
    Maybe.

Guo Jing is supremely good at handling multiple opponents. Golden Wheel Monk + 3 warriors were not able to overcome him.

Guo Jing would be able to handle GWM + 1 other guy at least (let's say Ding Chunqiu).

If Yang Guo busts out Heavy Iron Sword, You Tanzhi + Murong Fu might not be a match for him.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Interestingly, Zhang Sanfeng was not sure if he could defeat Ah 3.

The fact that Z3F was not sure if he could defeat Ah 3 indicates that his estimations of his own martial arts ability are pretty bad.

But then again he had a severe internal injury at that time.

Edit: Oops, it was actually Ah 2.

Edit #2: No, it's Ah 3 because he's the "Ah Zhuan" guy.
    Last edited by K2Grey; 06-21-06 at 05:24 PM.

Actually, I think Z3F was unsure whether Tai Chi Sword, which he had just newly created and not yet tested could beat Ah 3. This is quite reasonable since theory and practice are not the same. It is clear that Z3F is very aware of this.

So what beat Ah 3? Tai Chi Sword or Zhang Wuji?

Both since Ah 3 was using the Heaven Sword.

I thought it was Ah Da who was using the sword...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Maybe.

Guo Jing is supremely good at handling multiple opponents. Golden Wheel Monk + 3 warriors were not able to overcome him.

Guo Jing would be able to handle GWM + 1 other guy at least (let's say Ding Chunqiu).

If Yang Guo busts out Heavy Iron Sword, You Tanzhi + Murong Fu might not be a match for him.
    GJ being able to handle multiple opponents was mainly thanks to the Big Dipper Formation as mentioned in the novel. With the granddaddy formation creator, WCY, in this battle, i believe he can also "handle" one of the stronger opponents (YTZ/GWM) and a small potato (DCQ/MRF). While Z3F does his best on the other 2, whoever they are, and eventually edge them out. but thats just me as usual, , ever since JY said that Z3F was the best martial artist in his novels, i just became a strong supporter of Z3F kicking butt in most reasonable match-ups.

Going on further on my rant, both of these granddaddy masters are battle geniuses with plenty of experience, if this fight was drawn out beyond 400 moves, the 2 of them will be able to detect and exploit any weaknesses the other 4 has. Thus, granddaddy masters FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    GJ being able to handle multiple opponents was mainly thanks to the Big Dipper Formation as mentioned in the novel.
    I thought that his ability to handle multiple opponents was mainly due to 9 Yin.

郭靖此时所施展的正是武林绝学“降龙十八掌”。法王等三人紧紧围住,心想他内力便再深厚,掌力如此凌厉,必 难持久。岂知郭靖近二十年来勤练“九阴真经”,初时真力还不显露,数十招后,降龙十八掌的劲力忽强忽弱,忽 吞忽吐,从至刚之中竟生出至柔的妙用,那已是洪七公当年所领悟不到的神功,以此抵挡三大高手的兵刃,非但丝 毫不落下风,而且乘隙反扑,越斗越是挥酒自如。

I thought that his ability to handle multiple opponents was mainly due to 9 Yin.

郭靖此时所施展的正是武林绝学“降龙十八掌”。法王等三人紧紧围住,心想他内力便再深厚,掌力如此凌厉,必 难持久。岂知郭靖近二十年来勤练“九阴真经”,初时真力还不显露,数十招后,降龙十八掌的劲力忽强忽弱,忽 吞忽吐,从至刚之中竟生出至柔的妙用,那已是洪七公当年所领悟不到的神功,以此抵挡三大高手的兵刃,非但丝 毫不落下风,而且乘隙反扑,越斗越是挥酒自如。
    o no doubt 9 yin Manual played a part in handling multiple opponents, basically powering his XL18Z effectively. but Big Dipper Formation played no small part as mentioned 2 paragraphs after.

both 9 Yin Manual and Big Dipper Formation were of course part of WCY versatile skills.

Well, Guo Jing was described to do this: 身形穿插来去,一个人竟似化身为七人一般

Which means he is extremely fast. When Wang Chongyang learned 9 Yin, he was extremely old. I doubt that his form can be as versatile as mid 30s Guo Jing.

Well, Guo Jing was described to do this: 身形穿插来去,一个人竟似化身为七人一般

Which means he is extremely fast. When Wang Chongyang learned 9 Yin, he was extremely old. I doubt that his form can be as versatile as mid 30s Guo Jing.
    It's this.兼之他在掌法之中杂以全真教天罡北斗阵的阵法,斗到分际,身形穿插来去,一个人竟似化身为七人一般

He was able to use Dipper Formation and seem like 7 persons. Though WCY is a bit weaker than GJ, but he is still a Great level and I don't see why he can't use the Dipper Formation like how GJ used it.
    I'm not sure of who would win, but at least in comprehension of arts, these 2 are the lords.

The thing is that GJ was still young and vigorous such that he could maintain the speed to occupy all seven locations of the formation himself.

Simply because of age, someone like WCY wouldn't be able to maintain that for a meaningful duration.

That's why old people have to do things like "Predict and Attack First" (FCY) or "Using a Gentle Force to Redirect" (Z3F).