Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is every Chinese Actor/Actresses trying to become singers?

Hi Tweety!
    Nice to see you here. I just responded to your PM... Sorry for the late response.I hope everything is fine with you too. I think Nicholas has a nice voice too, but it is all a matter of opinion. Too bad there are some die hard fans out there who loves their idol sooo much that they would say their voice is great when it is really horrible....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Smile

From what i see, being singers could have a chance to be famous internationally if not at least out from their own country. Butta if they're only acting, not a lot of people will get to know them. I read from a mag, Hawick Lau was saying that he wanted to go into China entertainment coz in TVB itself he couldn't go far. I dunno how true it was coz the most stars i knew were from Hong Kong. For China, only the real popular ones i will know a bit of them.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I think VIcki has a cute voice, but it does sound kind of too childish sometimes. But I think it sounds sweet too. That is my opinion though...

I totally agree about RUby. Thank goodness she stopped singing....

I don't think Alec has a horrible voice. I think his voice is nice. But once again it is all down to a matter of opinion.

Jimmy didn't sing in the 80s, you mean the 90s right?? I don't think his music is going downhill. I do admit that I don't really like his catchy songs that much, but his slow are still really nice. I have all of his albums, so I can see how much he has grown and improved over the years....

I haven't heard Edison Chen sing yet so I can't comment, but Nicholas Tse isn't bad...
    Hmm, I think you like a different type of voice than I do, so that's probably why we differ in our opinions. Actually, I find that type of voice, i.e. Alec, Nicholas, and Jimmy appeals to a lot of girls more, which is why they're so successful. Maybe I'm just different lol.

I'm quite the opposite, I find that Jimmy's fast songs are okay, the 90s ones (yes sorry 90s not 80s) are quite cute, but the slow ones, i.e. Waiting for You w/ LYF made me cringe so much =S

Flora Chan FTW!
    Bah.. no image.. ah well... "I gotta shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off....."

Smile

I haven't heard Edison Chen sing yet so I can't comment, but Nicholas Tse isn't bad...[/QUOTE]

Edison's songs are not bad coz i just happen to see his MV in YouTube last week, yeah it's real nice!
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Yup, Louis sure does not have the voice of a singer. I guess that was way he gave up after poor album sales. It is sad to see artists trying to milk as much money from fans as possible. I think they are just trying to survive in the dog eat dot entertainment industry. There are just too many young, pretty/handsome actors(es)/singers popping up. It's hard to compete and really stand out.

guess it is hard in Asia... I don't think a Hk artist/actor can get nearly as much as American actor. I think that is why HK actors/actresses need to do everything from slimming products, Acting, and singing
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    guess it is hard in Asia... I don't think a Hk artist/actor can get nearly as much as American actor. I think that is why HK actors/actresses need to do everything from slimming products, Acting, and singing
    Although we may find it annoying that a majority of artists are branching out into different industries/markets, I believe it is because they don't make enough just as an actor or singer. Endorsement deals are what really rake in the big bucks. I think it is the same in Hollywood. Of course they get paid more in Hollywood, but endorsements definitely deliver more $$.

Despite understanding the reason for their actions, it is still irritating to find people with mediocre skills in acting venture into singing or vice versa. It is alright if they actually have talent, but most of the time they don't.
    Last edited by tweety365; 07-03-06 at 05:53 PM.

I understand that not making enough is relative, but honestly, in comparison to people who go through many years to become a professor and make about 1/10th of some of the mediocre stars, they really don't have room to complain. Of course, it's a supply and demand issue, but just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I understand that not making enough is relative, but honestly, in comparison to people who go through many years to become a professor and make about 1/10th of some of the mediocre stars, they really don't have room to complain. Of course, it's a supply and demand issue, but just sad.
    Life is not always fair...

Heck, I think I deserve more pay for my job too.

I like Jimmy's 90s songs too, especially his first three albums.

I like Aaron Kwok's 90s songs too. @.@;

Ah well. c.c;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    So what if they don't make as much as American actors. They still earn a lot more than us normal people. Oh please do they have to be millionaires? Geez!

Basically it all comes down to a matter of skills. They don't have good skills, but they are still trying to make money from us, and that's really annoying, and what's even more annoying is these record companies are giving them record deals just because of their fame, and they not are giving them to talented unknowns who have great potential to be way much better singers than these celebrities.

It is ok to sing AND act if you have the talent in both areas. Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Vivian Chow, etc... all sing and act and they are all very good too. I just hate it when people who don't have any talent try to rake up money from those die hard fans that will buy anything that they release even if it is horrible...

To yearning,
    Yea, we seem to have different taste and like different types of voices. I really like Jimmy's slow songs.... I like some of his fast songs too, but some of them give me goosebumps. It is all just a matter of opinion that 's all.

It is true that Asian stars don't make as much as American ones do. However, from what I have heard, they still make A LOT compared to normal people like us and we are still able to live well. Therefore, why can't they?? But then again, they live a better life than most of us do and they do want to show their wealth and status to the public....
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-04-06 at 01:50 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hmm. I just downloaded some of Jimmy's old songs, those I like. But then I found out that... Jimmy was bad at singing. He couldn't sing! c.c;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

yeah Jimmy can't sing. The reason that he was so popular because he had a cute-looking face, the same reason why Edisen Chen is popular right now. but omg Edisen is like 100 times worse than Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    It is ok to sing AND act if you have the talent in both areas. Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Vivian Chow, etc... all sing and act and they are all very good too. I just hate it when people who don't have any talent try to rake up money from those die hard fans that will buy anything that they release even if it is horrible...
    I haven't heard Tony or Vivan sing, but yeah Andy and Jacky are really good singers, especially Jacky.

What about Jackie Chan? He sings too.
    Anyway, I observe that many Taiwan artistes are better in the singing area rather than acting. But it always depends on the character they are given.
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Well, I think Jimmy that naturally has a nice voice, but I agree that his singing wasn't that good back then. He is A LOT better now though. It is true that A LOT of people who can't sing or act well are popular because they look decently good.

Jackie Chan's singing isn't bad at all. IT just really depends on each individual.

Vivian Chow sings really well in my opinion. Tony Leung's singing isn't bad either. He has been singing for a long time. He sang the themesongs for HSDS 86 with Anita Mui, Handsome siblings, the grand canal with Liu Fong, and some other songs too. Those are all series that he was the lead in...

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

It's not every person doing it. Some was a singer and became an actor and my fave (Jessey!! See my sig??) actress used to be a runway model. But it doesn't matter if they want to sing or not, I cannot understand Chinese but I love their music though.lol
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    I have heard the singing of Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin, Raymond Lam, Bosco, Athena Chu, Takeshi, Zhou Xun,Wallace, and Huang Xiao Ming, and you can obviously tell that they don't have talents for singing at all .

But I actually think Hu Ge can sing, so he's a rare exception.
    I agreed with u but I think Vicky Zhao Wei CAN sing...just that she's not good good, she just also not bad bad. I mean I really like her song in "Romance in the Rain" Dont know why though..hahahaha anyway it just my opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    This is really bothering me. Practically every Chinese actor/actress is trying to become singers after they become popular, and it's just really annoying because like 90 percent can't sing at all! People like Fan Bing Bing, Vicki Zhao, Liu Yi Fei, Chen Kun, Lu Yi, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Zhou Xun, Chen Hao, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Athena Chu, Ruby Lin, Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Huang Xiao Ming, are all singers or trying to be singers after achieving success in acting, but a lot of them can't sing at all! They should just leave singing to the real veterans such as Faye Wong and Jacky Cheung.

I think the only celebrity who started out as an actor but can actually sing good is Andy Lau.

I don't really mind singers becoming actors because acting is something that you can better yet as you practice, but in singing you need a natural good voice and if you don't have it don't try to sing.
    LuYiFei? Became a singer because she's a good actress??? OMYGOSH!! How come I never known?? Weird..I never heard her singing before!! I didn't know she was a singer?? Gosh..i'm really am slow..heh-heh!