Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why is every Chinese Actor/Actresses trying to become singers?

People do it to give themselves more opportunities to succeed. As much as most of us in here love series, but actors in them that don't make it to movies can't go internationally and make it real big most of the time. There's always the acception but that's rare, it's the movies that get translated into several languages through dub or sub which broaden their chances of being recognized. Not only that international reason but people always believe that if they can do well in both or at least really good in one area then they can gain popular within their own country and that always lead to more money.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo View Post
    LuYiFei? Became a singer because she's a good actress??? OMYGOSH!! How come I never known?? Weird..I never heard her singing before!! I didn't know she was a singer?? Gosh..i'm really am slow..heh-heh!
    pffhh, her dancing is the best
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Most actors/actresses turned singers don't sing very well, but some do... But I have noticed that singers turned actors tend to do better since I think singing is more of something you need to be born with or else you just can't do it..

Oh gosh, LYF's singing is bad.....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i have a different opinion-
    though many probably attempt to sing for fame or money, not all of them do. i was watchin an interview and someone asked vicki zhao about her singing career, and she said no matter if she's good or bad she sings to express herself and connect with her fans. a lot of actors/tresses are probably like her too. personally, i don't find it annoying as long as they don't suck too bad, it's something personal they can present to their fans to show their gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Most actors/actresses turned singers don't sing very well, but some do... But I have noticed that singers turned actors tend to do better since I think singing is more of something you need to be born with or else you just can't do it..

Oh gosh, LYF's singing is bad.....
    that is so true.. it's easier to go from singer to acting, rather than acting to singing..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

i agree with every1 here too. i espeically hate when the actors/actresses has 0 talent acting, and they still go to singing, which they also suck at
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i agree with every1 here too. i espeically hate when the actors/actresses has 0 talent acting, and they still go to singing, which they also suck at
    is there anyone that bad??/ example please.. lolll
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    is there anyone that bad??/ example please.. lolll
    uh Liu Yi Fei.
    Currently watching: Prison Break

It is all a matter of opinion.. Another example is Ruby Lin. Her acting is ok but not great at all... Oh gosh, don't even mention her singing.... It is REALLY bad... One of the worse that I have ever heard in my life....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    Singers turning into actors is not as bad as actors turning into singers. Acting is something you can practice, but singing you need a natural good voice. If you are not born with it, you won't really sing that well no matter how hard you practice.
    having sung all of my life, i want to point out that singing is not as simple as many of you make it. yes, if you're tone deaf, it's impossible for you to sing well, but even ppl with good voices CAN'T sing unless they practice. Having a good voice just gives them a potential to sing. For example, Hu Ge can have a pretty good voice, but I've never heard him sing any harder to sing songs (sort of like ABC/Twinkle Twinkle songs). Let him try a hard song and then you'd understand. The same for any of the acting-turned singing. I wouldn't even call them professionals, b/c even though they have CD releases out, if they get into classical voice, they'd have to start at level 1. Thus, I think singing turned acting and vice versa are just as horrible.

That is true, even if you have a good voice you will still need to practice and train yourself of course... It also depends on the song that you sing because some people are more suited to sing some songs than others.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    uh Liu Yi Fei.
    right..... why didn't I think of her.. my god.. lol
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    It is all a matter of opinion.. Another example is Ruby Lin. Her acting is ok but not great at all... Oh gosh, don't even mention her singing.... It is REALLY bad... One of the worse that I have ever heard in my life....
    LYF is 10x better than Ruby in terms of singing. Ruby has a TERRIBLE voice and if you thought LYF was tone deaf... well, let's just say that Ruby is much worse.
    Ady's singing is pretty terrible as well.

I agree, even though LYF is not a good singer at all, she is WAY better than RUby. Actually, I think I can sing better than Ruby if I practiced more..... But of course those die hard fans say that she sings well just because they like her and refuse to admit that she just CAN'T sing... One of my close friends used to love Ruby but even admitted that her singing is bad...

To be honest, there's already too few good singers these days nevermind having amateurs trying to sing.