Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is every Chinese Actor/Actresses trying to become singers?

Default Why is every Chinese Actor/Actresses trying to become singers?

This is really bothering me. Practically every Chinese actor/actress is trying to become singers after they become popular, and it's just really annoying because like 90 percent can't sing at all! People like Fan Bing Bing, Vicki Zhao, Liu Yi Fei, Chen Kun, Lu Yi, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Zhou Xun, Chen Hao, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Athena Chu, Ruby Lin, Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Huang Xiao Ming, are all singers or trying to be singers after achieving success in acting, but a lot of them can't sing at all! They should just leave singing to the real veterans such as Faye Wong and Jacky Cheung.

I think the only celebrity who started out as an actor but can actually sing good is Andy Lau.

I don't really mind singers becoming actors because acting is something that you can better yet as you practice, but in singing you need a natural good voice and if you don't have it don't try to sing.

I think Raymond Lam is a good singer. Wallace is pretty good too.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

By majority, I think its not them. Its their company who want to earn more.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky
    I think the only celebrity who started out as an actor but can actually sing good is Andy Lau.
    :
    Of course! XD *proud*

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    I think Raymond Lam is a good singer. Wallace is pretty good too.
    Personally, i think Wallace sucks as a singer... but that's just my opinion. Andy Lau is good though
    I actually find Chen Hao's singing ok. Saw some live clips and wasn't too shabby. Don't know about the rest of them.
    acting--> singing only annoys me when it is very clear and obvious that that actor/actress has no talent for singing at all.

I have heard the singing of Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin, Raymond Lam, Bosco, Athena Chu, Takeshi, Zhou Xun,Wallace, and Huang Xiao Ming, and you can obviously tell that they don't have talents for singing at all .

But I actually think Hu Ge can sing, so he's a rare exception.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky
    I have heard the singing of Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin, Raymond Lam, Bosco, Athena Chu, Takeshi, Zhou Xun,Wallace, and Huang Xiao Ming, and you can obviously tell that they don't have talents for singing at all .

But I actually think Hu Ge can sing, so he's a rare exception.
    yea, hu ge can sing... I think Zhou Xun and Chen Hao are ok. Ruby obviously can't sing, Vicki's pretty average, Raymond and bosco suck, Fan Bing Bing is hopeless, LYF is terrible

I haven't heard many of them, but I guess it's the pressure to be multi-talented, just like how singers nowadays are also expected to write and compose their own songs. Singers who doesn't do that get slammed for singing 'manufactured' music.

It doesn't used to be that way, unfortunately.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Yeah, if these people didn't have their fame via acting or modelling, they would be nowhere as singers. Honestly, I wonder how int he world they even sell records. I have a huge issue with fans buying EVERYTHING associated with their idol, which is why these below average/mediocre singers still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Yeah, if these people didn't have their fame via acting or modelling, they would be nowhere as singers. Honestly, I wonder how int he world they even sell records. I have a huge issue with fans buying EVERYTHING associated with their idol, which is why these below average/mediocre singers still exist.
    Most actor/actress albums tend to die down after the first week of selling, because the fans buy them, find that they aren't good, and then no one else buys them.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Most actor/actress albums tend to die down after the first week of selling, because the fans buy them, find that they aren't good, and then no one else buys them.
    Not if the fans are enamoured with the singers' good looks.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Not if the fans are enamoured with the singers' good looks.
    Well, maybe if it came with a free life sized poster or something

Otherwise, it's still hard for them to sell well if their album sucks... although with all the voice editting, it's pretty hard to tell until they sing live and sound just...

They also get by with good songs (catchy tunes, pleasing melodies, and/or lyrics). These people and their companies can afford to hire good composers and lyrists to build up the foundations so all they have to do is practice a bit (most pop songs are karoke style anyway and not that challenging to sing) and people will accept them.

The phenomenon of pop singers/actors crossing over isn't new. It's a tradition almost as old as entertainment itself. The vaudeville entertainers of the early 20th Century generally were expected to be able to do a bit of everything: acting, singing, dancing, comedy, etc. Elvis Presley was a singer, not an actor...but he appeared in dozens of films during the 1950s and 1960s. The list of pop singers who have acted is endless and certainly didn't begin in the Far East during the 1990s.

FOr TVB, maybe companies ran out of money for hiring good singers.. so they need their actors/actress to do the theme.

Also, i suppose asian stars aren't paid alot compared to American counterparts.... i suppose this is why they double /multi task
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by sugar
    FOr TVB, maybe companies ran out of money for hiring good singers.. so they need their actors/actress to do the theme.
    so cheap
    That's what ZJZ wanted to do with DOMD before... have the singer Zhang Jing Ying as one of the wives so that she could act and sing the theme

Omg, that's another pet peeve. Having the actors/actresses of a series/movie sing the theme. Just because they star in it automatically gives them first dibs on the theme? They do a lame job many times and spoil the theme, when a much more capable unknown singer could have done a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Omg, that's another pet peeve. Having the actors/actresses of a series/movie sing the theme. Just because they star in it automatically gives them first dibs on the theme? They do a lame job many times and spoil the theme, when a much more capable unknown singer could have done a better job.
    don't you hate it when they make series, and the main aim is to promote someone as a singer? They have a whole plot about the main character, who is INCIDENTLY a fantastic singer in the series, and sings the entire soundtrack, then launches into a singing career when they can't act OR sing

indeediosis, indeediosis//
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    don't you hate it when they make series, and the main aim is to promote someone as a singer? They have a whole plot about the main character, who is INCIDENTLY a fantastic singer in the series, and sings the entire soundtrack, then launches into a singing career when they can't act OR sing
    Either or the Miss HK promotional series. Twins is a pretty good example where they don't even make it a secret, they blantly name the movie, "Twins Effect" lol. Though they didn't sing in it, but it was a promotional video nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The list of pop singers who have acted is endless and certainly didn't begin in the Far East during the 1990s.
    Singers turning into actors is not as bad as actors turning into singers. Acting is something you can practice, but singing you need a natural good voice. If you are not born with it, you won't really sing that well no matter how hard you practice.

Another pet peeve is these Asian actors will release albums with no natural good voice and no practice either. Maybe if they practiced their voice a bit, they won't suck as much as they do now.