Thread: Should LHC reveal to everyone about Feng Qingyang and Dugu 9 Swords?

Default Should LHC reveal to everyone about Feng Qingyang and Dugu 9 Swords?

Seeing how LHC always gets blamed and maligned by everyone due to YBQ's expelling him from Huashan and him possessing incredible sword skills of unknown origin, maybe he should've fess up about FQY and how he learn the DG9J from him.

I mean sure he made a oath to the old elder of not revealing of it all but still, LHC gone through so much shit because of it. Not only that old man FQY is just waiting to waste away in a cave, surely he needs some counseling from some old friends like Fang Zheng. Plus if FQY knew how much trouble LHC got into after learning DG9J, wouldn't he feel a little soft and forgive him?

If LHC did reveal the truth to YBQ, Madam Ning and Huashan, how will they react? How will the rest of wulin react?
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Chong Xu, the leader of Wudang, did reveal to everyone at the three duels at Shaolin that Linghu Chong's swordsmanship was passed to him by Feng Qingyang. I think after that point, no one would still suspect him of stealing Bixie Jianfa. Yue Buqun just never let it go because he was always jealous of him and the mockery of a student being stronger than his master.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

I think Feng Qingyang just knew too well how Yue Buqun is like. What if this DG9J needs to be passed on to Yue Buqun via LHC?

LHC promised FQY never to tell anyone who taught him DG9J and the existance and whereabouts of FQY, and LHC thus would never break this promise, unless someone guesses it like that Wudang leader can. Then LHC will corroborate and say he is correct. This is what makes a hero, a hero cannot falter and lose his/her will under any kind of excruciating circumstances, such as when everyone suspected him of stealing BXJF. If he caves in and emoly tells everyone how coincidentally his year at the 'thinking cliff' miracuously lead him to meet and learn from one of the best swordsmen in Jin Yong's history, then we'd lose some respect for him. As a main character, he has to keep to his words.

I think LHC is my most favorite hero out of all Jin Yong stories.
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

That is true I just hoped that people would've discovered it sooner and vouch for him rather than having YLS calling him a liar and a thief.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

stupid YLS...
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Yue Buqun just never let it go because he was always jealous of him and the mockery of a student being stronger than his master.
    Ermm.. He never let it go because he was the one who did it, wasn't he? Surely he wanted a scapegoat for his crimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy View Post
    I think Feng Qingyang just knew too well how Yue Buqun is like. What if this DG9J needs to be passed on to Yue Buqun via LHC?
    This would be a good thing. YBQ would practice DG9J instead of Bixie. LHC will be a respectable student of Huashan again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    This would be a good thing. YBQ would practice DG9J instead of Bixie. LHC will be a respectable student of Huashan again.
    Of all the people in Huashan, YBQ is the least suitable person for DG9J to be passed on. YBQ too focused on the correct pose of a stance, if a disciple form differs slightly from it, he would instantly correct it. For DG9J, the more casual is better. While to YBQ, that's equivalent to jumping headfirst into the dark side of the Force.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Yue Buqun was part of the Qi Faction of Hua Shan.

I wonder why Feng Qingyang never taught Dugu 9 Jian to any other members of the Sword Faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Yue Buqun was part of the Qi Faction of Hua Shan.

I wonder why Feng Qingyang never taught Dugu 9 Jian to any other members of the Sword Faction?
    If the likes of Feng Buping are anything to go by, the Sword faction was probably just as full of miscreants as the Qi faction. Given that Feng Qingyang was probably the LHC of his time, he probably thought that the whole conflict was stupid and pointless (which, objectively, it was) and would not teach his skills to his unworthy peers just so that his faction would 'win'. Note that his eventual successor LHC was a Qi-faction student, so he evidently does not particularly care about which faction someone belongs to (though philosophically he identified with the Sword faction more), as long as they are 'worthy' to him as an individual. However, the fighting and back-stabbing between the two factions led him to being thoroughly fed up with both.
    Last edited by Doc Kwok; 08-28-15 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda View Post
    Seeing how LHC always gets blamed and maligned by everyone due to YBQ's expelling him from Huashan and him possessing incredible sword skills of unknown origin, maybe he should've fess up about FQY and how he learn the DG9J from him.

I mean sure he made a oath to the old elder of not revealing of it all but still, LHC gone through so much shit because of it. Not only that old man FQY is just waiting to waste away in a cave, surely he needs some counseling from some old friends like Fang Zheng. Plus if FQY knew how much trouble LHC got into after learning DG9J, wouldn't he feel a little soft and forgive him?

If LHC did reveal the truth to YBQ, Madam Ning and Huashan, how will they react? How will the rest of wulin react?
    LHC was too concentrated in protecting FQY that he forgot to protect himself. I think if he was prepared a little, he would have come up with a white lie. Something like he is a martial arts prodigy and have created the new skills.

LHC made a promise not to, therefore he shouldn't. If people gave away secrets under pressure to save themselves, it's being selfish, and a hero like LHC can not be selfish in that sense.

Hello. What book are you talking about in this thread ? it seems interesting and i want to read it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jemiko Manjgaladze View Post
    Hello. What book are you talking about in this thread ? it seems interesting and i want to read it ^^
    It's a novel called Smiling, Proud Wanderer; you can find it in the wuxia translations forums. It is very different from the recently popular xianxia novels so hopefully you enjoy it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by p a n d a View Post
    LHC was too concentrated in protecting FQY that he forgot to protect himself. I think if he was prepared a little, he would have come up with a white lie. Something like he is a martial arts prodigy and have created the new skills.
    He did created some new skills like the Chong-Ling Sword Arts (with Yue Ling Shan) and the smelly Toilet Sword Art, both of which are crappy. With those two craps, Yue Bu Qun would be an idiot if he believed Ling Hu Chong created such powerful sword art on his own within less than a month since they last meet.

Furthermore, it would be dishonourable for Ling Hu Chong (or anybody else) to lay a claim of creating a new sword arts that wasn't his. It would be worse than stealing it (a major taboo in the martial world).
    Last edited by Ace High; 09-13-15 at 02:17 AM.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree