Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Ma

News for Steven on August 26th. Credit to Em at http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030827/photos/m434640SP.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030827/photos/m434639SP.jpg')

On Steven Ma's earlier tour of China, a rushed schedule and a great atmosphere was guaranteed, but to gain some more memories of this trip, he braved the rain in Xian as he looked around the night markets because he was trying to find his ancestral roots.

Talking of these lovely memories, Steven starts by talking of some regrets on the tour: "I thought that in going to six places, I would definitely have a chance to see the sights but the schedule was so tight that I didn't have any time to look around and the most annoying thing was not being able to see the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, but luckily I got to take a look around the night markets, otherwise it would have really been a great shame."

Steven reckons that to understand the customs and traditions of a place, just staying at a top class places is not enough, you have to check out the streetside stalls before you can say you know a place, so with each place that he went to, he asked to take a look around the stalls on the streets but because of time constraints, he didn't get his wish until he arrived at Xian. Talking of this night time tour, Steven says quite excitedly: "The night market is in the streets behind the clock tower and is very famous there. As soon as I entered, I found a stall selling 'Ma Family Noodles' as it turns out there are a lot of people with the surname Ma in Xian who come from Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia. When at school, my teacher once told me that the Ma surname originates from Inner Mongolia, it looks like I have finally found my ancestral roots, so I have arranged with my record company that for the next mainland tour, I will go to Inner Mongolia as well."

In the night market Steven also tried a variety of foods, including peanuts and 8-treasure sweetcake. However the biggest impression was left by the streetside hotpots, because he saw that many people didn't care about the cars driving past on the road and still had a hotpot in the open streets and even Westerners were using a basin for a pot and boiling away on the streets. Liking his food, Steven look on with his mouth watering, but he wasn't allowed to try by the crew on the grounds of hygiene and headed off to a Mutton Kebab restaurant instead.

As well as the stop at Xian, Steven also went to Kaifeng and tried some soup dumplings from a restaurant of a hundred year history and in Zhengzhou as well as attending the Kwan Kung temple, he saw some mini quad bikes that some children were playing on and handed over his 3 Yuan rental to take a spin himself. Later he headed to Shaolin to practise Kung Fu with some young monks as he summarises how much fun he has on his tour, but there was something that he missed out on. Steven smiles: "I want to buy an apartment in Shanghai and originally I had planned to go and take a look, but I didn't have enough time in the end so will have to leave it until next time. I am confident that my wish to buy property in Shanghai will come true, in fact my biggest wish is to have property in each of China's provinces, so hopefully one day I will reach this."

http://www.singpao.com/20030827/gossip/434638.html
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    SPOILER ENDING FOR PERISH IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Well basically Charmaine's character (Princess Ching Ping) and Steven's character both die. LOL, no one deserves Steven except Goddess here!!!!
    So they had the same ending like the original ending. Man I want charmine to die but not Steven.

awww...that's such a tragic ending!!
    ~*~Find Out Who You Are & Do It On Purpose~*~

correction if you don't mind. steven and charmaine did not die in pitnol. the tuo er kun just tricked them into drinking the poison. they lived happily as owners of a sidewalk "restaurant" with michael tong. charmaine is pregnant in the end.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

how did they survive drinking poison?

the manchu leader, two er kun, faked their deaths. maybe he asked them to drink fake poison. it's not really elaborated, steven (or was it michael?) just said that old fox (two er kun) can fake their (steven and charmaine's) death, so it's not really a surprise for him to feign sickness (rumors that time that two er kun is sick)
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

They didn't die!!! Something wrong with my tape then......must get the last one again!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yup. They didn't die. The real story says they died, but in PITNOL they faked it, and many people said that it's because of SARS. Their production was out during the SARS outbreak, and many people in Hong Kong were depressed and I think they wanted to change it into a happy ending instead of a sad ending to get more viewers. But the rating wasn't that great for a grand production (because of the timeing).
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

what's perish in the name of love called in chinese?? man too bad its w. charmaine. he needs to do more w. ada.

It's called "Dai Lui Fa" in chinese.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Steven's News on September 4, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://steven-channel.com/news/takungpao/30082003_takungpao.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://steven-channel.com/news/east/30082003_east.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/music/41/p1002852241.jpg')

Steven Ma has been busy recently, after returning to Hong Kong from his mainland tour, he has been invited to take part in a DJ contest in Guangzhou as a guest performer and judge. Steven feels he does not have much stage work experience so he felt the pressure in this show. He says: "I had to choose a winner from the 16 contestants but their standard was so high it was quite difficult to choose." However he says that he made a small blunder when he gave the points because he thought that the highest mark was 20, but when he looked at the other judge's scorecards, he found that they were much higher than his before he realised that the top mark was 40. Luckily it made no difference to the result apart from bringing the average mark down.

On stage, Steven performed two songs and received a warm reception from the audience and he wanted to shake hands with some of his enthusiastic fans, but as he stepped forward, he was stopped by the security guards. He says that he had some good news on this trip in that his show "Better Halves" had great ratings in Guangzhou and the sub-theme that he sings "Love held by a string" inspired the local radio station to have a section in a program by the same name that helps bring together men and women on the air. This has been very successful and brought together some couples. Suddenly becoming a modern matchmaker in this way, Steven was very happy indeed.

News from Steven-channel
    Translation by Em @ http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Steven's News on September 6, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20030907/ent/0907enew65b1.jpg')

Steven Ma took part in his capacity as "Caring Ambassador" in an event yesterday and revealed that with his contract with TVB up at the end of the year, this is now in the hands of his management company to discuss the renewal, but he will soon be filming some series on the mainland soon, so it will be next year at the earliest before he will be back filming with TVB.

Recently there have been many returning male leads, such as Patrick Tam, Michael Tao and Sunny Chan, is he worried about losing his position? Steven replies: "I'm not worried, because every male artist has their own personality and will not affect each other and anyway we are all good friends. The most important things is to have your own way of performing so I will not be too worried."

Translated by Em @ http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Poor Steven, his contract will be up at the end of the year. He's not worried, but I am (hehehe). Anyways, it says that he will be filming a serial in the mainland, maybe the serial me and goddess talked earlier in this thread is the serial he's going to film...

i want him to leave TVB. He worth more than what TVB pays him. Plus, maybe he'll have bigger roles in mainland china and cash!

Eh, I don't know now. For as long as I've known it, Steven has always been with TVB and it will sorta feel strange for him to leave it!!! Even though I'm sure he'll do well anywhere and he diffinately deserves a lot more. But then again TVB isnt' treating him that bad. He does mainly get leading male roles and have been in several series as the main ya know. Eh, I'm just wishing Steven with the best
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I think he should go somewhere where he gets wut he deserve

man i hope steven stays with tvb. what roles has he played in mainland serials???

does romantic vacation have canto or mandarin songs in it?? both i hope!!! what cds do y'all think are the best??? and where can i find some... yesasia.com?? ebay?? haha

oh that's bad news for me! steven leaving tvb? i just hope his mainland films will be great as well (which i really doubt...)
    cherrie

I just saw the telemovie "Cul-De-Sac" with of course Steven in it!! He was just great I tell ya. I don't think Steven has ever played a cop before, or at least not from what I've seen so I was quite glad for this role. He was great, character wise and also looking. Lol, liked his hairstlye in here. It is the type of hairstyle that I admire, hehe The story was nice I guess. Short and to the point. A little obvious at certain times however.

I was so worried at the end that Steven might die!!!!! But then again a little bit later I was actually wanting for him to. Not because I disliked him or whatever, but I felt that it would actually add more to the story and would make him more memorable.

Gosh, he actually looks really cute with May!!! She and him are quite a compatiable couple. Lol, Ada has some competition!!!!! hehe, just kidding :d
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.