Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Ma

News on September 9, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20030910-ul-25.jpg')

Steven Ma headed up to Guangzhou as a guest in a promotional event in a housing estate and his fans all arrived early to wait for him. As soon as Steven arrived the fans immediately enveloped him creating a warm atmosphere. Having performed on an outdoor stage, he said: "The weather in Guangzhou has been very hot and standing on the stage that day, I felt as though someone had switched on a big hose because my clothes were totally soaked."

Although he was drenched in sweat, this did not affect Steven's performance andd when the fans caught sight of him, they immediately praised him and said he looked better than on screen. However the most surprising thing for him was the fans praise for his appearance in "Gam Pai Bing Yan" (Better Halves). Steven laughs: "They used 'very stylish' to describe me. I have never heard this phrase being used on an ancient character."

With Steven receiving such praise, this made him treasure more the chance of a close encounter he had with his fans. In the coming six months, he will be travelling often to the mainland to promote and perform, as well as his records, he will also be filming a series. In order to be in the best condition to face the busy work ahead, Steven is taking Chinese medicine every day to regulate his body and when he goes to China to work later, he will ask his colleagues to bring him some medicinal soup. He says: "In order to have a healthy body, I don't mind being a 'medicine pot'".

Translated by Em @http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Hehehe. Goddess, when I first saw that telemovie, I thought that Steven would die too! It's the part where the truck was about to hit Steven, but eventually he survived with some good moves As for the hairstle, I liked the colour but it would be great if it was shoter but not as short as a monk if you know what I mean
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Steven has long hair again?

Originally posted by Cece
    Hehehe. Goddess, when I first saw that telemovie, I thought that Steven would die too! It's the part where the truck was about to hit Steven, but eventually he survived with some good moves As for the hairstle, I liked the colour but it would be great if it was shoter but not as short as a monk if you know what I mean
    Yes Yes Cece!!! I thought so too in the beginning. I find it rather interesting how they sorta give you a clip of the middle or end of the series in the beginning. Gives you somethign to look forward to. Well back to subject, I really did think he might get hurt during that time!!! Did not know there was something else waiting for him.

Hmmm...little bit shorter? I guess that would look nice too, but I like it how it was. His style in there was pretty cute too, lol. I was all drooling while watching I really enjoyed the instrument music. I think it was a piano? Love that music, gotta find it. Hmmm, one thing I wanted a little more of was screentime for May with Steven.

Buffy sis, well do you mean he has long hair now or in the telemovie? In the telemovie it could be considered long or short. Really depends on your diffination of those two words. But I think now he has a short cut right?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

here i'll say it this way, is his hair the same length as it was when he's in healing hands? that's short.

long is like more than 5cm i guess?

pictures pictures pictures??? (from the telemovie that is)

can someone post all his movies here? i only watched dr. no
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Well it was a short cut in the back, but it seemed like he had bangs in a way dropping down. That liked nice...hehe Here is a picture, you can see his hair in the pic near the right hand corner Cute!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

September 23rd
    Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20030924/img/e02092401_big.jpg')

[The Sun]

Steven Ma lost his mother to nasal cancer some years ago and left a shadow in his life and was worried he may have inherited the same condition after experiencing nosebleeds earlier, but after being checked out he is fine. However, the heavens seem to be playing tricks on him as he finds his younger sister has developed breast cancer and he is worried for her health.

At the beginning of this month, Steven revealed happily that his elder sister had given birth and he was uncle for the fourth time, but who would have thought that not long after the good news, he receives the nightmare that his sister has developed breast cancer and he is devastated. Known throughout the circles as the filial son, Steven has in the past encouraged many sufferers and their families and published a book about being the relative of a patient that tells of some moving experiences, but offering encouragement, but now the cloud of cancer strikes his family once again. After Steven found out about his sister's condition, his mood has been low and it is his sister's determination that is comforting him in return. She will be undergoing two operations to stop the spread of the cancer cells and is currently receiving treatment as she vows to fight the illness with her determination.

Although Steven is busy caring for his sister, he has also had to perform at the Fujian Television's anniversary show that attracted many loyal fans who all wanted his autograph. Among them, one fan accidentally poked Steven in the mouth with her pen tip, cutting him slightly before he was whisked away for treatment by the crew. Steven was not angry because he knows that the fan didn't mean it and it was all an accident.

http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...1021_0003.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Must also congradulate Steven for making it into TVB's thirty-six stars!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

so sad...i hope his sister is fine. how old is his younger sister? is he an only son? how many siblings does he have?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

man the stupid hat cover his new haircut!

poor steven, his family is very unlucky. hope they'll recover soon.

Thumbs up

Awww steven looks so kute in Better Halves. He's just adorable in there.
    It's so funny how we set up qualifications for the one we love while at the back of our mind we know that the one we truly love will always be an exception!

Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup.
    http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

September 28th
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030929/photos/m452893SP.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20030929-ul-26.jpg')

[Sing Pao]

Steven Ma has been opening his paths in the mainland and in the space of six months he has visited eight cities in China and his tight schedule has meant that he was not able to celebrate his tenth anniversary of being in showbiz on 27th September. However, he believes that being able to spend this special day working was very worthwhile.

Thinking back to his 10 years in the business, Steven admits that he has had a lot of experiences, some happy and some unhappy, the most memorable of which was the change that took place seven years ago. Steven says: "At the time I had only been in the business for three years and one day, my record company said to me that my image path was not the same as theirs and they were not renewing my contract. At the time I thought about leaving the showbiz circles, but luckily three months later Catherine Tsang invited me to film 'Yat Ho Wong Ting' (Files of Justice) and then gave me a chance to perform in 'Luk Ding Gei' (Duke of Mount Deer) and from this I managed to find another route so I thank the heavens for giving me this turning point and thank Producer Tsang for giving me this chance."

Steven says that in the last ten years, he has gained some results in the television circuit and he will continue working hard in the future, including his foray into the publishing business as well as breaking into the Mainland. Recently he was invited by Nanjing Television to guest star in their most popular show "Super Shake Up" where he performed a comedy sketch with a Taiwanese actor.

Also, he has also been presented with a set of very precious antique records by a senior friend and he says: "In the arts, I have always had a group of seniors who have given me support and advice making me overcome any problems or depressing times and continuing to be determined and work on, this is my greatest gain in these ten years."

http://www.singpao.com/20030929/gossip/452892.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm so happy to hear that Steven did not actually give up all the way and has made it this far. He diffinately deserves everything that he has. Ten years of hard work!!! Wow. Oh read news that says Ada Choi has a new bf now. Can't picture him with Ada anymore!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i saw the trailer of better halves and it looks good! i will rent it someday. right now im watching on the track or off and he's really good in there
    cherrie

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Oh read news that says Ada Choi has a new bf now. Can't picture him with Ada anymore!!! [/B]
    Who's the lucky guy?

The guy is Zhang Jin and he was a stunt double in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Him and Ada got togehter while they were filming a series in Mainland China I think? Let me find a picture of this guy....hmmm, can't. Will search more.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

where are the steven fans? cece? goddess?

how old is steven? i want to see his movies. what can you recommend?
    cherrie

Hey Cherrie!!! Goddess is right here. I wont usually be on during the weekdays, but you'll probably see me ltos during the weekends Hehe, also I'bve got 5 days off next week so get ready for my appearence!!!!! Lol.

Steven is only 31 at the moment I think, but his birthday is coming up!!!!!! His birthday is this 26th (Oct.26, 1971) Sorry Cherrie, I dont' watch many movies so can't recommend anything.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Some news on Steven, Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup.

October 5th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031006/ent/1006enew17b1.jpg')

[Oriental Daily]

Steven Ma is being well looked after by TVB and has been selected to take part in the special Pre-Anniversary party. Originally he was unable to make it as he was scheduled to be in Malaysia working on a promotional trip for TVB's Satellite channel there, but Steven feels an honour to be invited by TVB and so he has made arrangements to leave immediately after the show for the ten hour trip to Singapore to catch the early plane back to Hong Kong in the hope he will be back in time for the ceremony at twelve noon.

In order to be part of the blessing ceremony, Steven will have to undertake a ten hour journey through the countryside and he laughs: "The rush has a feel of 'running away' to it and for safety's sake, I will not be sleeping! (You are certainly working yourself hard for TVB...) It is just my thought... I just hope that the plane will not be delayed and I can make it there smoothly." Also, in response to the news of his sister's cancer condition, Steven says that she is undergoing chemotherapy and her health is getting better and he thanks everyone for their concern.

(Steven was pulling a bus as part of an event for the 25th Anniversary of the Recovery Bus.)

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a17cnt.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

October 11th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20031012/photos/m459886SP.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20031012/photos/m459887SP.jpg')

With an interest all along in Cantonese Opera, Steven Ma became a student to Lung Koon Tin. After honing his skills for a while, Steven finally has a chance to tread the boards and he took part in a charity concert together with his teacher Master Lung and opera stars Joyce Koi and Ng Mei Ying. When he was partnering Joyce, they had a few scenes of comedy raising laughter from the audience. With this debut performance from Steven, he says that he was not nervous at all as he felt it was more like a party.

Steven was singing in aid of the Hong Kong Arthritis Fund and sung a few classic pieces with his co-stars, but he was not nervous at all. He said: "I was very serious about it, sleeping at half past ten last night and waking up at 10am this morning to practice, then drinking ash water to open my voice at lunchtime. I was not nervous because one is my teacher and the others are my friends who know me very well who will help me at the first instance if there is any flaw in my performance. Also, this is a charitable performance and the audience know I am a beginner so they will not expect much from me and it really feels like a party."

With Steven's description of a party feel, it is certainly not exaggerated because he created a few laughs together with Joyce Koi. When Steven was holding her hand to come out on stage, he suddenly said: "Your hand should be facing upwards!" Joyce explained: "I am used to playing the men's part!" When the four were singing together, Master Lung knelt down to let his lady sit on his thigh, but when it was Steven's turn, he mixed up his left and right legs and Joyce was forced to stand and making the audience laugh out loud.

Steven and Joyce have previously worked together on a TV series, but this is the first time they have co-operated in singing Cantonese opera and commenting on the performance of this newcomer, Joyce says he has done very well: "Singing Cantonese Opera is a lot more difficult than singing normal pop songs and I saw that Steven was sweating when he was singing the second song. However, for his first performance, it is certainly not bad."

http://www.singpao.com/20031012/gossip/459885.html
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

haha! i also read that news in the newspaper today! i hope he release some canto opera albums! i would certainly buy them all!
    cherrie