Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Ma

I'd asked Em for permission to post the Better Halves Synopses here, but never got the chance to, so here goes....

Better Halves
    Cantonese: Gam Pai Bing Yan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvb.co.uk/drama/2003_dramas/drama_pictures/better_halves.jpg')

Cast: Maggie Cheung Ho Yee, Steven Ma Chun Wai, Moses Chan Ho, Joyce Coi Ming Fai, Auguste Kwan Tak Fai, Cerina De Graca

"With no clouds in the sky, there will be no rain
    With no matchmakers on the earth, there will be no marriage
    How can you be without the Golden Ice People when it comes to the biggest decision of your life?"

The Ice People of ancient times are the Matchmakers of today. In the Tang dynasty, three 'ice people' who called themselves the greatest matchmakers in the world went far and wide to bring together true lovers and were eventually famed as the "Golden Ice People".

Chang An's famous Lam family are offering a large sum in search of a son-in-law and is causing some excitement among the matchmakers. With a cheeky but honourable personality, self-named "Golden Bird Bridge" Chuen Ka Fook (Steven Ma) and also famed in the matchmaking world "Golden Chrysanthemum Fan" Lin Pak Hap (Maggie Cheung) put their abilities against each other for the first time and their target is the amazing constable from a noble family Ko Pui (Moses Chan). As the two go head to head, the official matchmaker Ling Ku Hei (Joyce Coi) takes her chance. However, Pui has his hearts set on another and dressed as a man, Hei is not able to gain any advantage and finds herself falling for him instead. For fear of losing the post that she holds and being found out she is misleading the emperor, she can only hide away her love.

Fook and Hap realise that as two dogs fight, there will be one injured, so they co-operate and create "Joined by a Thread" matchmaking service to maximise their hold on the matchmaking business. However on the day of their opening, they find that their respective parents have already arranged their own marriages and their partners are close by!

The court sends down an official order of marriage, everyone who has reached maturity needs to be married within one year and as everyone seeks their other half, major confusion arises...

Translated by 'Em' from SPCNET Forum

you can also get the synopses here:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/bbs/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Hehe, yeah. It didn't seem as they were such close friends since they don't do much together such as series or stuff like that. Hmmmmm........neither has mentioned much about it either, but glad Steven said something. Hehehe, its good that they can be such close friends and not get much rumors
    Yeah. I agree with you totally. I mean, for the past few years, reporters always make news about steven and rumourse about costars he had worked with. It really gets annoying don't you think? For example, like the past few months, there were rumours about him and Sonija (in PITNOL). And if we look far off like last year- Ada and Steven, and there Astrid and Steven Before that. It's good that they didn't start anything with Maggie and Steven.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

Yup, I know what you mean. These reporters turn work and friendship into a big secret love affair or something like that. They just cause more trouble for the stars and it gets super annoying. I heard that since all of the rumors, Ada is sorta avoiding Steven a bit. Hmmmmm......sooooo glad Maggie and him aren't having that trouble
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yeah. That's waht I heard as well. Ii the rumours is true, I hope Ada would stop avoiding Steven .

Oh, one of Steven's fan in Steven's forum posted a fanlisting site. Go here, for your name to be in the fanlisting list . http://trax.to/stevenfan

I do hope Steven and Ada will start doing another series together without having to face all those rumors. Its terrible to hear such rumors going on, espically the ones with him and sonjia.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yup. I do hope that they'll have another serie together. They're perfect together on screen. And as for Steven and Sonija's rumours, I hope the reporter would stop starting the rumours, and I know that time wil fixed everything so that Steven and Ada's rumours and Steven and Sonija's rumours will pass away.

Yup I think that the rumors so far will stop since those reporters are out to make more newer rumors. Hope in the new future they all can work together again and be good friends.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yup, I agree. . It's nice to be friends than enemies.

Yeah, the more friends the better. I don't see what is the advantage of disliking someone at all
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ya. I agree. Sometimes in the entertainment circle, it's better to make friends than enemies, because then, the repoters will start rumours and stuff.

ok i KNO there's 3 pages worth of rumors of steven and ada and sonjia, but honestly, who wants to read it rite?? certainly not u nor i... so can someone give me a really short (and simple!!) sypnosis about what's going on (or supposedly going on) between sonjia and steven, and ada and steven?? are they claiming that steven is using them to become famous or sumthin?? god i really need to catch up.

Originally posted by Bich Nga
    ok i KNO there's 3 pages worth of rumors of steven and ada and sonjia, but honestly, who wants to read it rite?? certainly not u nor i... so can someone give me a really short (and simple!!) sypnosis about what's going on (or supposedly going on) between sonjia and steven, and ada and steven?? are they claiming that steven is using them to become famous or sumthin?? god i really need to catch up.

Hi Bich Nga,
    This is what I heard from the "reporters" about Steven and Ada. Steven announced (like one-two years ago) that he likes Ada. So the reporters made the news BIG. They started saying that Steven is stalking Ada and stuff (which he didn't). And Ada knows, but because the reporters made it so big, Ada's just starting to avoid Steven so that the rumours would not increased more.

In the past few months, there were rumours about steven and Sonija as well. In the news, Steven told some reporters that He dated Sonija for a few months but Sonija denied it. Not only that, she even told the reporters that Steven is just saying that because he wanted to use her to boost his fame up. But ofcourse we all know it's the other way around. I mean, Steven have been in the entertainment circle for ten years. And Sonija's only a newbie compare to Steven. Steven wouldn't need Sonija to boost his fame up. And Sonija had been dating a lot of guys to boost her fame up since she won the Miss HK 1999. For example, she dated this producer guy from TVB. I also heard that Steven had to take pills because of this. And since then. they ignored each other for functions and special event.

Hehehe. Time for some news

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030625/photos/m398000SP.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.yimp.com/hk/providers/mingpao/20030624/25mce.jpg')

TVB's new show "Gam Pai Bing Yan" (Better Halves) will be follow "Hak Ye Choi Hung" (Fate Twisters) and begin airing next week. Yesterday, Steven Ma, Maggie Cheung, Moses Chan, Joyce Coi and Cerina de Graca were among those at a promotional event. Although Maggie was wearing her ancient costume, she was still the centre of attraction after her recent figure changing news and when Steven picked her up to play games, Chuk Man Kwan took the opportunity to ask Steven: "Is Maggie's front poking into you?" and making them both a little embarrassed. As well as this, Maggie accidentally hurt her hand whilst playing games, but luckily she and Steven still won and took home the prize of some cakes.

Later, Steven said: "I think Maggie is getting more and more fit, so when I was carrying her, she felt really light. She has already agreed to be the guest star in my new music video for 'Talk of Me' and my concept is for me to be a mortal and for her to be a little angel." When Maggie was asked whether a sexy angel would have no clothes on, she laughs: "If he's willing, I don't mind, but it won't be allowed to be broadcast and to have it squared out would be a waste of time! Moreover, sexiness should be shown through innocence and a clean image."

Maggie is still not used to having everyone's attention on her, especially Steven smiling at her coyly and imitating her sexy poses for the camera. Talking of her guest starring as a sexy angel in Steven's MV, she says: "The degree of sexiness is still unknown, and I don't know how sexy and angel came to be strung together, I don't think it will be dangling from wires in a swimsuit! If I wear a swimsuit, then it will go past normal friendship and the rumours will start again about our relationship. Overall, I have no bottom line, I can be sexy, but not overly revealing, sexiness can be achieved in a healthy, beautiful way."

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030625/photos/m398001SP.jpg')

Whilst playing games, Steven and Joyce were flirting with each other on the stage, earlier there had been rumours between the two, so off the stage, Steven called Joyce over for an interview. Steven laughed: "She is my 'martial auntie', she's crazy! Crazy auntie..." As for Joyce, she referred to him as "Crazy Boy". Steven revealed that whilst filming this show with Maggie and Joyce, the words "Idiotic, Maniacal and Crazy" were all there.

Translated by Em @ http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Hehe, thanks for posting up the news cece. Hmmmm....still can't believe that Sonjia said Steven was using her to increase his fame!!! He is already much more famous then her and he wouldn't need to use her at all.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Hehe, thanks for posting up the news cece. Hmmmm....still can't believe that Sonjia said Steven was using her to increase his fame!!! He is already much more famous then her and he wouldn't need to use her at all.
    Hehe. Exactly!

You're welcom goddess I'll post some more news up, if Steven has more news.

I think it's the other way around: Sonia's trying to use Steven in order to make news. If Steven was trying to make news of himself, he would use someone else, someone morrrrrre popular than her.

Originally posted by Buffy_85
    I think it's the other way around: Sonia's trying to use Steven in order to make news. If Steven was trying to make news of himself, he would use someone else, someone morrrrrre popular than her.
    Ya. That's what I think too.

Hehehe. You guys, you know what? I haven't been on for like only twodays, and there's like a bunch of Steven's news.

So, here goes....

Steven's news on June 26th, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030627/photos/m399261SP.jpg')

Yesterday was the International Anti-drugs day and the Anti-drugs Ambassador Steven Ma took part in a press conference. He was very touched when he heard the stories of two young people's experiences with their drug addictions and how it affected their lives.

Steven said: "When I was a child, I lived in Sham Shui Po and often saw the drug addicts taking drugs in the back staircases and leaving syringes everywhere. At the time, I was very frightened that these people would intrude on neighbours to get money to feed their habit and with time, my fear turned to hatred."

Steven says that drugs shouldn't be classed into soft or hard, those who abuse their use is not loving their own bodies. He proudly emphasises: "Even though I grew up in that environment, you don't see me taking drugs!"

Steven's news on June 28, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030628/photos/m399950SP.jpg')

Steven Ma and Cerina De Graca worked again after "Gam Pai Bing Yan" (Better Halves) on a special production called "Sau San Jung Yau Nei" (You are So Beautiful) where they play a couple. When talking of working with Cerina, Steven laughs: "In the show, we are lovers, but outside of the the show, I will only treat her as a little sister. Because we have worked together before, we know each other well so our more intimate scenes are easier to get into, I even poked my fingers into her nose!"

Filming on location in Sham Shui Po where Steven grew up makes him feel very homely. Steven says that the most exciting thing was that some of his old neighbours refer to him as "The Prince of Sham Shui Po". He says he was born there and spent his primary, secondary schooldays there and even lived there when he first started working so he can certainly live up to this name.

Steven says that in his spare time he will go to Ap Liu Street to look at the electronics shops and market because he will not forget his roots. Other people may see it as a place where the people are complex and rough, but to him, this is a place full of amazing people and friendliness.

News related to Steven on June 28, 2003

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030629/photos/m400523SP.jpg')

Alex Fong, Maggie Cheung, Julian Cheung and Steven Ma had earlier taken part in making some promotional films for the Red Cross to encourage people to give blood and yesterday there was a premiere for these clips. A regular blood donor, Julian cheung was happy to give blood there and then to show his support. However, the usually masculine Alex Fong is actually very scared of blood and not to mention giving blood, even watching Julian give his donation made him rather nervous and scared, causing some amusement.

Alex was asked whether he would be supporting the rallies taking place on July 1st against the legislation of "Article 23". He says he will not be going as he does not support them, but he is not against protest. He says that he is not against legislation because he feels that every country needs to have its own security measures and Hong Kong has great freedom compared to some countries already. He thinks that so many people are against legislation in Hong Kong because this may be someone's plan and maybe it is this fear that we should be worrying about. As for Eric Tsang's appeals to protesters for calm, Alex agrees: "There are many professional protesters there who are trying to create an image for themselves through protesting and when I see these people I feel very opposed to them."

Also Steven Ma will soon be making a music video and inviting his old friend Maggie Cheung to be his female lead. Steven says that 80% of the production costs will be on Maggie's costume. When asked how much he will be paying Maggie, he laughs: "I haven't thought about paying her, but I will give her the costumes and accessories she uses in the filming," Steven also says that Maggie should be paying him instead because this time it is his first time directing. Steven didn't give blood either because he is on medication for digestion problems.