Thread: Akanishi Jin

Wink Akanishi Jin

How come there's no thread on him. I'm starting a new thread on this actor and singer. Hope someone else didn't start a thread on SPCnet yet...

Info from Drama Wiki

Name: 赤西 仁
    Name (romaji): Akanishi Jin
    Profession: Singer and actor
    Date of birth: 1984-July-4
    Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
    Height: 176cm
    Weight: 58kg
    Blood type: O
    Star sign: Cancer
    Family: Parents and a younger brother (Akanishi Reio)
    Talents: writing songs, playing the guitar , learning English
    Talent agency: Johnny's Entertainment
    JPOP Group: KAT-TUN

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sushirock.org/johnnys/05jin.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://org41.zorpia.com/0/837/5358246.5cd5ee.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pics.skyhits.com/UploadPic/2005/12/13/20051213172257234851.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.quizilla.com/S/SakuraJenny/1119844957_gainstblue.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xiahua1013.shineblog.com/UploadFiles/2006-2/210817568.jpg')
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

i love jin.. he's so cute... i loved him in gokusen 2.. lol.. :O).. he's like adorable... :O)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://62.233.33.215/0/13/48/89/kat-tun/10001645730.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/f/f6/Jin669.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.barbarasheridan.net/jin-akanishi.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://spcnet.tv/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=603296')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pbase.com/image/55866797/medium.jpg')
    Last edited by ariesangel32690; 10-11-06 at 10:34 PM.
    currently watching: <3 hana Yori dango season 2
    <3 corner with love
    <3 hana-kimi
    <3 goong S

From this October onwards, Jin will stop his artiste activities for 6 months while he goes on school exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    From this October onwards, Jin will stop his artiste activities for 6 months while he goes on school exchange.
    And so that's what Johnny Entertainment says. Honestly, school exchange now that KAT-TUN is so popular?? Why the sudden urge to be studious when he could have done so during KT undebuted days... sounds very fishy to me. With Jin's 'hiatus', there are now currently three JE groups which are incomplete or suspended - namely NEWS, Kanjani8 and KT - JE needs a new money tree soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    And so that's what Johnny Entertainment says. Honestly, school exchange now that KAT-TUN is so popular?? Why the sudden urge to be studious when he could have done so during KT undebuted days... sounds very fishy to me. With Jin's 'hiatus', there are now currently three JE groups which are incomplete or suspended - namely NEWS, Kanjani8 and KT - JE needs a new money tree soon.
    Yah ..how come? Did Jin do something 'wrong'? Heard that JE announced that there will be a new group debuted next year, we are are just guessing who it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    I didn't know Jin was in the university? which one?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I didn't know Jin was in the university? which one?
    He's not, and I believe he dropped out of high school, which makes the exchange studying abroad even more fishy. For somebody who couldn't even make the effort to finish high school, why would Jin go on a 'hiatus' to fulful his wish of studying linguistic at the height of KT career?

Yes, JE announced that there'll be a new group debuting next year, and JE watchers were wondering why the hurry to debut another group when KT just had a smashing debut. It's all falling into place now, with three incomplete groups, JE definitely needs a new cash cow. I just hope that JE is not planning to take apart current groups among the juniors and form a new one - that would just be repeating the mistake of NEWS.

He's not, and I believe he dropped out of high school, which makes the exchange studying abroad even more fishy. For somebody who couldn't even make the effort to finish high school, why would Jin go on a 'hiatus' to fulful his wish of studying linguistic at the height of KT career?

Yes, JE announced that there'll be a new group debuting next year, and JE watchers were wondering why the hurry to debut another group when KT just had a smashing debut. It's all falling into place now, with three incomplete groups, JE definitely needs a new cash cow. I just hope that JE is not planning to take apart current groups among the juniors and form a new one - that would just be repeating the mistake of NEWS.
    well that's a loss. i really enjoyed listening to their songs. I don't get it, what's wrong with the current groups, they are either suspended or incomplete as someone said...
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Then JE is not too smart to announced that as a reaons for Jin being out of action for so long...6 mths is very long, he could lose many fans..you know, once you are not on TV that much, young fans tend to forget you.

but then again, if JE wanted to put Jin in cold storage, they could very well have just announced that frankly like what they did with Uchi and Kusano.

I presume that by this gesture that they're going to put him in cold storage? What did he do to warrant such treatment?

Cold storage - bad publicity
    Study abroad - good publicity

KT could potentially lose alot of fans during the time Jin is not around, considering how Jin is one of the pillars of KT alongside Kame and he's also the best singer of the lot. His absence will certainly be damaging to both his popularity and KT as a whole. Let's just see how well the rest holds up in the following 6 months. Perhaps this would be a chance for the 4 other members (excluding Kame) to shine.

I have no idea what Jin did to warrant a 'hiatus' from JE; speculations everywhere
    - Perhaps JE is trying to cover a scandal by shipping him off to another country
    - Perhaps Jin has health problems, the break is for him to undergo treatment
    - Perhaps Jin is sick of the entertainment industry and wants to quit but JE don't want to let him go, so they let him have a long holiday
    - Perhaps perhaps perhaps... nobody really knows.

Cold storage - bad publicity
    Study abroad - good publicity

KT could potentially lose alot of fans during the time Jin is not around, considering how Jin is one of the pillars of KT alongside Kame and he's also the best singer of the lot. His absence will certainly be damaging to both his popularity and KT as a whole. Let's just see how well the rest holds up in the following 6 months. Perhaps this would be a chance for the 4 other members (excluding Kame) to shine.

I have no idea what Jin did to warrant a 'hiatus' from JE; speculations everywhere
    - Perhaps JE is trying to cover a scandal by shipping him off to another country
    - Perhaps Jin has health problems, the break is for him to undergo treatment
    - Perhaps Jin is sick of the entertainment industry and wants to quit but JE don't want to let him go, so they let him have a long holiday
    - Perhaps perhaps perhaps... nobody really knows.
    But its a really silly excuse considering that Jin is not even studying. Do they think the fans are stupid?

As for the hiatus, there were seriously no rumours before this so really, its quite a surprise for me.

Among the various versions explaining why jin's taking a break, my guess is that he is tired of the entertainment world and wants to leave.

Anyone has heard further updates about that situation with Jin?

Updaties... my updates should be taken with a pinch of salt, i don't hang around KT fandoms, so my news are thus second hand stuff that managed to find their way through to the K8 fandoms.

Some folks posted some paparazzi snapped pictures of Jin coming out of a conveniene store recently, fans were all 'really glad' that they get to see Jin even though he's on hiatus. What?? Wasn't the hiatus meant for Jin to take a break, fans should be outraged that he's being tailed by the paparazzi and not be feeling 'really glad'.

Anyway, apparently Jin flew off to LA to study, not sure how true is that though. Let's see if more paparazzi photos show up later on.

Actually, this thing sounds so fishy...I have a new theory now...that Jin was asked to 'disappear' by JE and not that he wanted to....IF that is true, I am still wondering what on earth did Jin do to warrant that kind of hiatus?

*Must quantitfy that this is based solely on my speculation*

According to my sister, I think Jin is really studying in LA or something. But he caused too much commotion being recognized by fellow Japanese in school so much so that he had to transfer to another school.

If that's the case then Jin is truly dumb, or whoever who decided which school he is going to be studying in is really dumb. LA has such a large Japanese population, by popping Jin in any of the LA schools will most definitely attract attention. Not to mention KAT-TUN has visited LA before, did Jin think that he could have a quiet time studying there and taking a break from his celebrity status?