View Poll Results: who do you dislike the most?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yuan Chengzhi

2 1.83%
  • Guo Jing

5 4.59%
  • Chen Jialuo

18 16.51%
  • Hu Fei

2 1.83%
  • Xuzhu

1 0.92%
  • Wei Xiaobao

12 11.01%
  • Zhang Wuji

19 17.43%
  • Yang Guo

29 26.61%
  • Duan Yu

12 11.01%
  • ANOTHER PROTAGONIST

9 8.26%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is, and why is he, the most hated protagonist by you?

YG, DY, ZWJ.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i vote Chen Jia Luo.
    1.Because he is a lousy and petty courter (sulks after he misunderstands Huo Qing Tong) and causes her much pain thereafter
    2. Because he gave up his love for the country (Goodbye princess fragrance)
    3. Because he was an ineffective leader (Red Flower Sect was persecuted due to his hesitation to act against Qianlong)

In summary, what did he accomplish throughout the book besides being a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    2. Because he gave up his love for the country (Goodbye princess fragrance)
    I would not respect the opposite of that. What's respectable about dashing the hopes of millions of people for freedom and security just to indulge a romance?

true. but i'm speaking from a woman's point of view. It helped of course that Princess Fragrance was willing to go with the plan for the good of the country.

true. but i'm speaking from a woman's point of view. It helped of course that Princess Fragrance was willing to go with the plan for the good of the country.
    Guess women are selfish then

true. but i'm speaking from a woman's point of view.
    That, my dear, is one reason why some of us are still unreconstructed male chauvinists.

I wonder if self-promclaimed male chauvinists like Ken will respect a woman more if she gives up her man for her country or asks her man to seduce the opposing country's princess/Empress/concubines to gain upper hand for her own country.

Just a thought. Not trying to be argumentative here. I really want to know whether u guys hold the same standards for female and male.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I wonder if self-promclaimed male chauvinists like Ken will respect a woman more if she gives up her man for her country
    Sure, why not? It should cut both ways, and people of both sexes should be willing to make personal sacrifices if the needs of society are at stake.

or asks her man to seduce the opposing country's princess/Empress/concubines to gain upper hand for her own country.
    That's a bit underhanded regardless of who's doing the seducing, but if the result is saving untold scores of lives or preserving a people's right to be free...perhaps it's worth it. It's not ideal or tasteful, but it might be necessary.

asks her man to seduce the opposing country's princess/Empress/concubines to gain upper hand for her own country.
    just a thought, if it is the guy that goes off to seduce the woman, it probably won't have the same impact, because the power of the princess/empress/concubine would be a lot more limited

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    just a thought, if it is the guy that goes off to seduce the woman, it probably won't have the same impact, because the power of the princess/empress/concubine would be a lot more limited
    Good gains nevertheless.
    sounds plausible

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Not unless its Empress Cixi.
    ..ext88

If a person sacrifices him/herself, it's greatly appreciated. Cos it meant doing something which he/she did not want/benefit.

However, when a person declines to do so, should he/she be treated as selfish?
    Is there not a middle ground? If not, then I'd hate for anyone to come and ask me for a favour cos I don't seem to be in a position to refuse.

how about in the case of Lee Xun Huan? He "sacrificed" his love to his good friend. It can be argued that she in marrying his good friend would have saved the friendship between the 2 friends who could have gone on and worked together for the greater good of the pugilistic world (ok, so it didn't work out as ideally). But if she had refused and insisted on being with Lee Xun Huan, is she selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao

What? How can you hate Huang Rong and love Xiao Long Nu? Huang Rong is smart, and so full of life. Xiao Long Nu... emotionless, and kind of... bland. I like her, but compared to Huang Rong (in terms of who you'd prefer to hang out with and talk or be friends with)... Xiao Long Nu doesn't seem like someone you can really talk to.
    i mean it's like in the show, she kept on serparating xln and yg. she has a good husband now and dun care about others' sufferings. compared to gj, she really lose in miles in terms of personality. gj is impartial and wouldn't side with his children unlike hr.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

However, when a person declines to do so, should he/she be treated as selfish?

Is there not a middle ground? If not, then I'd hate for anyone to come and ask me for a favour cos I don't seem to be in a position to refuse.
    ?
    The middle ground is for ordinary people like you and me. Heroes, however, are held to a higher standard. Their ability to meet that standard, unattainable by most people, is what makes them heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    i mean it's like in the show, she kept on serparating xln and yg.
    You're forgetting that Wong Yung did that for Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's own good, not for self-serving reasons.

i mean it's like in the show, she kept on serparating xln and yg. she has a good husband now and dun care about others' sufferings. compared to gj, she really lose in miles in terms of personality. gj is impartial and wouldn't side with his children unlike hr.
    i feel very sorry for any potential children you may have...

besides, you're basing too much on HR's personality in ROCH. She's very different in ROCH and definitely nowhere near as likable in LOCH. You also need to learn to read the novel, if all you're basing your opinion on is ROCH 06... you probably hate Cheng Ying too, if that's what you based everything around

You've seen the show.. So GJ didn't try to separate the pair? He didn't almost killed YG if not for the fact that he looked so alike as his father?

If HR doesn't care about YG at all, she would have let him ruin his reputation in Jiang Hu, having his master as his wife. She just thought it was inappropriate for the pair to continue liking each other, as it might destroy YG's future. I wouldn't say this is right of her, but you cannot say her personality is lousy based on this!

I agree with 0-0-0 the third time(Amazing ) that I worry for you having children in the future. HR has poor personality just because she loved her children so much, and just wanted to protect them from harm? You don't understand how she really felt. If she said "GF did nothing wrong, it's all YG's fault!" then she's being impartial and detestable.. She would punish GF in future, but cutting her daughter's arm to her is just the same as cutting her flesh.. She just don't have GJ's way of placing righteousness far above personal affairs..

But before you claim that she is not righteous as she cared more for her daughter.. Remember she sacrificed her life fighting for XiangYang...

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

so many ppl hate yg...so sad
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    so many ppl hate yg...so sad
    He still fares better than Zhang Wu Ji.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-03-06 at 02:52 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

He still fares batter than Zhang Wu Ji.
    by 1..any diff?
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3