View Poll Results: who do you dislike the most?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yuan Chengzhi

2 1.83%
  • Guo Jing

5 4.59%
  • Chen Jialuo

18 16.51%
  • Hu Fei

2 1.83%
  • Xuzhu

1 0.92%
  • Wei Xiaobao

12 11.01%
  • Zhang Wuji

19 17.43%
  • Yang Guo

29 26.61%
  • Duan Yu

12 11.01%
  • ANOTHER PROTAGONIST

9 8.26%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is, and why is he, the most hated protagonist by you?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    so many ppl hate yg...so sad
    Yeah, but he brings it on himself with that lousy attitude of his.

The Cheung Mo Gei-hate, on the other hand, I've never been able to understand. He was one of the nicest guys (maybe even *the* nicest) among the Jin Yong main characters, and he accomplished many great things. So what if his love life was a mess?

It is a shame, out of my 4 favorite characters, 2 are very hated and I can't see why....well to a certain extent. XF,GJ,YG,ZWJ my 4 favorite charater. XF and GJ are both heros. GJ stayed loyal to Song fighting to death. XF wasn't willing to betray either the Khitans or the Song. YG may be a bit overreactive, but he certainly improved over the years without XLN beside him. Whenever people talk about XF, YG always comes into my mind. It's as if these 2 fighters are parralel fighters. ZWJ...., I can't see why poor ZWJ is the most hated. He is the nicest fighter out there. And when he had the chance to kill Xuanmin elders in their 2nd fight, he didn't kill them- the people who caused him so much suffering. ZWJ may be a bit weaker, but he lacks experience and he doesn't have a true teacher. He may be indecisive on 4 girls, but you have to realize that these 4 girls are about equally good. It's not as if there was one girl that particulary stood out(like how XLN particulary stood out for YG in comparision to the others). Though ZM stood out more than the others a bit, but you have to realize she's a Mongolian. You have to realize that in that society and being the leader of the Ming Cult which are dead enemies of the Yuan Empire, ZWJ would have more difficulty accepting ZM. Being nice is good, so I don't see why everyone hate ZWJ so much. Some people talk about how XF would kick everyone's butt at Bright Peak, but if XF did that, it would cause mass damage and make the whole entire society go against him and further make the hatred worse between Ming cult and the 6 sects. ZWJ did it with minumum damage and made the hatred better between Ming and 6 sects.

i can see why others hate yg, but i don't understand why the hate for zwj as well. must be the (and i hate to say this) teens who are obsessed with their idea of romance. blah. this is the same group of people who love yg (the ever obsessive lover) and despise zwj (the ever indecisive lover). overall, zwj is a better man.
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-03-06 at 07:04 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i can see why others hate yg, but i don't understand why the hate for zwj as well. must be the (and i hate to say this) teens who are obsessed with their idea of romance. blah. this is the same group of people who love yg (the ever obsessive lover) and despise zwj (the ever indecisive lover). overall, zwj is a better man.
    Overall ZWJ is the better hero in terms of everything but love. ZWJ never did anything bad or inappropriate, while YG was often rash and made the wrong decisions. The only thing i dislike about ZWJ is his indecisiveness with women, however he would never be the protagonist i hate most because of that... WXB takes that one

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

The Cheung Mo Gei-hate, on the other hand, I've never been able to understand. He was one of the nicest guys (maybe even *the* nicest) among the Jin Yong main characters, and he accomplished many great things. So what if his love life was a mess?
    his lousy attitude makes him more and MORE adorable
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    Yeah. Me don't understand the Zhang Wu Ji hate too.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Overall ZWJ is the better hero in terms of everything but love. ZWJ never did anything bad or inappropriate, while YG was often rash and made the wrong decisions. The only thing i dislike about ZWJ is his indecisiveness with women, however he would never be the protagonist i hate most because of that... WXB takes that one
    Yes. This rapist takes the cake. But seems like only the 2 of us think so.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    his lousy attitude makes him more and MORE adorable
    I don't get that at all, nor do I want to. People with attitudes like that just annoy me. I don't see the appeal at all.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

I don't get that at all, nor do I want to. People with attitudes like that just annoy me. I don't see the appeal at all.
    he's adorable but lol....ive got to agree he's also hatable in some ways....like why he make all the gals fall in luv with him if he only luvs xln
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

he might be cool to read about, but as an actual person/hero, YG gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Yes. This rapist takes the cake. But seems like only the 2 of us think so.
    yea, i think it's just the two of us More people hate Guo Jing than WXB!

he might be cool to read about, but as an actual person/hero, YG gets annoying.
    Yeung Gor is at his best when he just shuts up about his "goo goo" and fights.

But sometimes, he can be funny. He's less annoying when he's being funny. He's most annoying when he's in "angry young man" mode, which is all too often.

yea, i think it's just the two of us More people hate Guo Jing than WXB!
    I think Wai Siu Bo isn't getting votes because people don't think of him as a hero in the first place. He's the protagonist of DUKE OF MT. DEER, sure, but not a hero. It's harder to hate a scoundrel for being a scoundrel because, after all, that's what's expected of him.

Yeung Gor is at his best when he just shuts up about his "goo goo" and fights.
    But sometimes, he can be funny. He's less annoying when he's being funny. He's most annoying when he's in "angry young man" mode, which is all too often.
    He annoys me most when he is in that 'passionate' 'i will do anything for my gugu' mode

I think Wai Siu Bo isn't getting votes because people don't think of him as a hero in the first place. He's the protagonist of DUKE OF MT. DEER, sure, but not a hero. It's harder to hate a scoundrel for being a scoundrel because, after all, that's what's expected of him.
    I guess that's true... but he's still a protagonist and compared to the other people on the list, he's definitely the least heroic... to me anyway. i guess people like him for being 'funny'

It's actually worse to be getting no votes like Yeun Sing Chi and Hui Juk currently are, than getting many "hate" votes like Yeung Gor and Cheung Mo Gei are. Being hated at least means getting attention (lots of it, in fact ); getting no votes doesn't mean that the character is loved, necessarily; it probably means that nobody gives a damn about him either way.

It's actually worse to be getting no votes like Yeun Sing Chi and Hui Juk currently are, than getting many "hate" votes like Yeung Gor and Cheung Mo Gei are. Being hated at least means getting attention (lots of it, in fact ); getting no votes doesn't mean that the character is loved, necessarily; it probably means that nobody gives a damn about him either way.
    I should be glad that PJ hated Shi Potian then.

well, Yuan Cheng Zhi is really not that memorable a character to me... i mean, he's a protagonists that doesn't seem to do bad things, yet doesn't stand out as a hero I don't think there's much interest in him. Last i checked, he was on zero in the favourite protagonist poll too

Yang Guo and Zhang Wu Ji are the two characters that people either really love or really hate

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i dont really like Yang Guo....like the rest of the people who hates him, the way he's too obsessed with his gugu annoys me to no end....and for me he's more like coincidental hero than a true hero....everything he does is centered for one goal only, his gugu. if HR had not lied to him, he'd jumped off the cliff and probably finds his gugu, and later died together without even having a damn concern over the war between his country and the invaders. anyway, it was only because of the drive to recover and meet his gugu again that he practiced with the Dugu art, and later became the most talked hero of central plains....then when he finally met with XLN at the bottom of the cliff, they only ventured out and got involved with XiangYang war because XLN suggested it to him....for me love is one thing...but i cant seem to accept falling heads over heels for it without even thinking of everything thats happening around....i wondered if it was XLN tied on the tower, and that he had no means to save her like our Guo Jing, would he sacrifice XiangYang for her? my heart says he would...or maybe he'd just throw himself at her and die together, leaving XiangYang to crumble to ashes....then again, that is just my humble thoughts....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-04-06 at 02:53 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    i wondered if it was XLN tied on the tower helpless, would he sacrifice XiangYang for her? my heart says he would...or maybe he'd just throws himself at her and die together, leaving XiangYang to crumble to ashes....then again, that is just me....
    yea, i think he'd sacrifice Xiang Yang for her. I guess some people might find that appealing but prefer the Guo Jing approach to a matter like this
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 07-04-06 at 03:04 AM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

yea, i think he'd sacrifice Xiang Yang for her. I guess some people might find that appealing :shrugs: but prefer the Guo Jing approach to a matter like this
    yeah...one of the reasons i love Guo Jing is because of his 'xia' character, that he'd sacrfirice his own interest (family in this case) to save his people. fighting to serve the emperor is one thing (look what happened to the Yang generals after serving the stupid emperor) but fighting for your own people is something i really admire....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Yang Guo and Zhang Wuji are leading neck to neck now in this 'most hated JY protagonist poll'.

See who will 'win' out at the end.

I still don't get the ZWJ hate.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Yang Guo and Zhang Wuji are leading neck to neck now in this 'most hated JY protagonist poll'.

See who will 'win' out at the end.

I still don't get the ZWJ hate.
    well, i guess you could dislike ZWJ for being very naive
    He was indecisive too.
    Maybe you could dislike him for not choosing Xiao Zhao... i liked XZ Although, i don't think i would dislike him because of that

XZ is great, but you cant really blame him for not choosing her. He did not really loved her, even though he had great feelings for her. We all felt sorry for her fate. Thats the smooshi smooshi reason. The political reason is that she is the leader of the Persian Ming sect. She knew how important it is for her to take her mothers position. She saved ZWJ and co. She made peace between Persian and Central Ming sects. He did not have a choice. Througout the story, he tried to make peace in wulin. It would be stupid to pissed off Persian Ming sect and maybe create a war between the two Mings sects.

Someone once said that he/she blame ZWJ for ZZR turning evil. I credit that to her master.

Basicly, I aggree with Kidd; I dont get the ZWJ hate.

BTW. I dont like the fact that XF is not in the poll. He is one of the most talked about characters in this forum and should be in the poll. I could fancy my self as one of those weirdos...not. But still, he should be there.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?