View Poll Results: who do you dislike the most?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yuan Chengzhi

2 1.83%
  • Guo Jing

5 4.59%
  • Chen Jialuo

18 16.51%
  • Hu Fei

2 1.83%
  • Xuzhu

1 0.92%
  • Wei Xiaobao

12 11.01%
  • Zhang Wuji

19 17.43%
  • Yang Guo

29 26.61%
  • Duan Yu

12 11.01%
  • ANOTHER PROTAGONIST

9 8.26%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is, and why is he, the most hated protagonist by you?

Sorry for posting in such an old thread but...

I don't get the ZWJ or YG hate at all....I mean Guo Jing is my most hated charcterter cause he's sooo stupid...who cares about herosim ...the guy's so stupid it's painful. Besides ZWJ is far more heroic in all aspects than GJ....and he's far cooler....YG is just awsome because of the ways he overcomes his situations...I really could care less if he's heroic or not but he helps his other girls all the time with their troubles. He's just an awsome person....plus he has a big *** sword and giant condor...who can compare.
    Last edited by VetaMega; 08-16-06 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VetaMega
    I don't get the ZWJ or YG hate at all....I mean Guo Jing is my most hated charcterter cause he's sooo stupid...who cares about herosim ...the guy's so stupid it's painful.
    haha my vote also goes to Guo Jing. at some point, stupidity goes from cute/funny to just downrite boring/annoying...and GJ definatly crossed the line.

It's like you people only watched the adaptations. Wait, that probably is the reason for it.

Well..... maybe people will hate ZWJ more in the adaptations and like XF more in the adaptations than they actually should.... Oh yeah, YG in ROCH 06 was also overacted, so that could also make people hate YG.... And GJ was overly retarded in 03, so people could also hate GJ more than they should.

Yeah... adaptations overall speaking is bad.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Here's my thoughts, overall I only know about the 1st and 2nd condor trilogy heroes so I will only comment about them. First, I don't hate any of them, each of them has his own kind of heroic nature. Second, I also don't understand the YG and ZWJ hate. I also don't hate other heroes as Im sure I'd enjoy reading about them when I get the chance.

GJ is a selfless hero, he is the type who makes choices based on what would benefit the majority. He is admirable, I think he is cool, but for me he is a hero from a dream, a one in a billion guy. I think in this world, no one can claim to be like him.

YG for me is a more realistic hero, I kinda understand why he does things the way he does. He is a hero only when he needs to be, helping people only if he was there, and that is human, many of us are like that. You can say he keeps on saying "Gugu Gugu" and its annoying, that's because he loves the person and the story is mostly about love afterall. YG is a true hero, who among us can save a person like Guo Fu who made his life miserable all the time? Some say YG is rash but he isn't, if he was then GF wouldve lost an arm too, GJ wouldve been killed in the Mongol camp, HR wouldve been kidnapped by JLFW, GX wouldve been traded for YG's antidote, YG wouldve taken advantage of the other girls, all these things and YG stopped to think and made the right decisions, that's not being rash. He even made Lu and Cheng his sworn sisters so that nothing improper would happen. YG knew the other girls loved him but he cannot return their affections, and the girls loved him more because of his loyalty.

Well just my thoughts, I voted for other heroes although I don't have anyone in mind particularly. And to all YG haters, no use flaming me, I won't change my opinion of the guy.

I think a lot of people hate Yang Guo because he acted like a kid his age.

I think ZWJ is portrayed as kinda of a wimp in the adaptations. He might have been kinda of kind hearted, but he was supposed to be a big strong guy. I think if they did ZWJ man's man style and got the right actor for it, it'll be a interesting adaptation.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

My vote goes to Yang Guo. I've never seen a hero who pities himself so much. That trait supplements his obsession with XLN and the two sum up why I hate him so much. If it wasn't for Huang Rong and Guo Jing, I wouldn't even pay attention to ROCH.
    Momma told me it's impolite to SPAM here.

FOr me, i cant stand Chen Jia Luo! MAN! this guy is so wishy-washy
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

WXB is a crook
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

i HATE zhang wu ji. not only does he love 4 women, but he won't admit it properly like Wei xiao bao. and he's stupid.
    dolphin_bay

the mystery of ZWJ for me.
    Even though he doesn't admit it, but his actions show that he likes ZM the most.
    And plz give me any other reasons why you hate this guy?

He is the kindest person in all of JY's protaginsist. Sure XF is heroic, but he does massive killing. Sure GJ is patriotic, but he is a bit stupid. Sure YG a love hero, but he is overly passionate.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    the mystery of ZWJ for me.
    Even though he doesn't admit it, but his actions show that he likes ZM the most.
    And plz give me any other reasons why you hate this guy?

He is the kindest person in all of JY's protaginsist. Sure XF is heroic, but he does massive killing. Sure GJ is patriotic, but he is a bit stupid. Sure YG a love hero, but he is overly passionate.
    What's wrong with loving more than 1 woman in ZWJ's case? I think of myself as a pretty loyal guy but if there were 3 women that hot who were crazy about me, I would have had a hard time deciding too. And saying that ZWJ loves 4 women is unfair. ZWJ neither loved nor was attracted to his cousin, he was just loyal to her. There's nothing wrong with not loving her either since she was only in love with a fantasy version of ZWJ.

Cry I was about to click on to "Yang Guo" choice but I clicked wrongly on to "Wei Xiaobao".

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Cry I was about to click on to "Yang Guo" choice but I clicked wrongly on to "Wei Xiaobao".
    Poor girl. Too bad I used my vote already. Eitherwise I would give a vote to YG for you. You can at least take consolation in the fact that YG is still "winning" the poll.

do you know how ironic this thing is?
    YG had the most vote as favorite protaginist and favorite hero.
    Yet, YG also has the most vote for most hated protaginst.

So YG is not only the favorite protaginst, but he is also the most hated protaginst. Pretty ironic.

So YG is not only the favorite protaginst, but he is also the most hated protaginst. Pretty ironic.
    YG's character is very extreme in nature so as a reader either you love him or hate him. I guess there are equal numbers of YG fans and YG haters out there.

I think the poll would be more accurate if there can be a point system according to how you rank the characters from 1st to 10th place. YG lovers and haters seemed to be the most unbending while other fans are more likely to spread their likes/dislikes around. It'll be also interesting to divide the results based on gender of the voters. YG would most likely be #1 among females while ZWJ would be last among females. With males, I would imagine that macho men like GJ/XF would be near the top while a sensitive, pretty boy like DY would be near the bottom.

Duan Yu...I mean, what does he do in TLBB besides think about Wang Yuyan and go "Wang Gu Niang!" Okay, so he has a couple cool moves, but seriously, the guy's overobsessed with Wang Yuyan, yet he somehow also marries Mu Wanqing and Zhong Ling. At least with Zhang Wuji, it was pretty clear he loved Zhao Min most by the end and didn't marry the other girls too.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Yet in 3rd Ed. of DGSD Duan Yu does not marry Wang Guniang, while in 3rd Ed. of HSDS ZWJ does not know which of the 4 girls he loves the most

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    of HSDS ZWJ does not know which of the 4 girls he loves the most
    While what you say is true, but still based on the text, and how ZWJ felt when each of the 4 girls were away from him, none of the girls caused such panick to ZWJ as when ZM left. So even though that sentence exists, I still think the text points toward ZM as ZWJ's girl.