Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Conquest 《爭霸》

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    Why did Sonija agree to be the king's concubine if she and fanli are in love?
    Cos they need to do it to save their country so Gou Qian can return and plan revenge while Xi Shi (Sonija) weakens Fu Cha's rule by seducing him away from his kingly duties. They are very patriotic people! I like them! Better than Lady Yang who dances around for no reason!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Cos they need to do it to save their country so Gou Qian can return and plan revenge while Xi Shi (Sonija) weakens Fu Cha's rule by seducing him away from his kingly duties. They are very patriotic people! I like them! Better than Lady Yang who dances around for no reason!

Okay..thanks..is that how real history was?

is chen fu famous in china...never heard of him..

Okay..thanks..is that how real history was?
    Yes, except in the original legend Fan Li and Xi Shi fell in love during the journey from Yue to Wu, rather than before he picked for the assignment. Also, Fan Li has a wife in the original legend, I wonder if he has a wife here in this series?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

is chen fu famous in china...never heard of him..
    You mean Chen Kun, right?

He is a popular actor in Mainland China.

Default What's the ending to this series?

Did anyone watch the ending theme of The Conquest? At the very end of the song there was a scene where Chen Kun kissed Sonija on the forehead, but she seemed like she was laying in his arms like she was dying. Does that indicate she was wounded or something? Does anyone have any guesses to what the ending might be because I'm totally freaking out if he and her doesn't end up together. Please some one tell me and reply. According to the history it was supposely that Xi Shi went to live with Fan Li and after that no one saw them again. Is that true or is the director going to change that ending?

P.S. how is everyone liking this series? My mom is going to buy it for me. I am so excited.

P.S.S. one more thing there was a dancing scene two where Sonija was dancing for Chen Kun when all of a sudden she takes out a long sword and wips it toward Chen Kun. He was shocked and ask her what was she doing and she said she wanted to practice killing Fu Chai like that? But her face had some mixed emotions. Was she doing that on purpose trying to kill Chen Kun or was she really doing that to kill Fu Chai? And did Sonija already became Fu Chai's wife yet or not? Are there a lot of scenes of her and Chen Kun because they're like so good together.

Thanks for reading my long message. THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY BILLIONS OF QUESTIONS!!!

CHEN KUN AND SONIJA KWOK= 4EVER

FAN LI AND XI SHI= RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparking Rain
    Did anyone watch the ending theme of The Conquest? At the very end of the song there was a scene where Chen Kun kissed Sonija on the forehead, but she seemed like she was laying in his arms like she was dying. Does that indicate she was wounded or something? Does anyone have any guesses to what the ending might be because I'm totally freaking out if he and her doesn't end up together. Please some one tell me and reply. According to the history it was supposely that Xi Shi went to live with Fan Li and after that no one saw them again. Is that true or is the director going to change that ending?
    well, actually, ythe legend of Xi Shi has three endings.

One is that Xi Shi and Fan Li left all their wealth behind and disappeared into the sunset.

Second one is that Fu Chai's concubines killed Xi Shi after enduring many years of isolation and neglect from Fu Chai due to Xi Shi's arrival, and took revenge when Wu fell.

The third one is that Gou Qian ordered Xi Shi be drowned lest he be enamoured by her beauty and repeat the ending of Fu Chai.

Judging by the ending video, it looks as if Sonjia hair is wet or something. So I think the third ending might be the one. But knowing how this series focuses on the romance bit a lot, I bet that Xi Shi would wake up and they live happily ever after!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparking Rain
    P.S.S. one more thing there was a dancing scene two where Sonija was dancing for Chen Kun when all of a sudden she takes out a long sword and wips it toward Chen Kun. He was shocked and ask her what was she doing and she said she wanted to practice killing Fu Chai like that? But her face had some mixed emotions. Was she doing that on purpose trying to kill Chen Kun or was she really doing that to kill Fu Chai? And did Sonija already became Fu Chai's wife yet or not? Are there a lot of scenes of her and Chen Kun because they're like so good together.
    I think Xi Shi wanted to kill Fu Chai because she didn't want him, and thinks that by killing Fu Shai, all would be fine and she coudl gop and marry Fan li and save their country. But she doesn't see that Wu needs to be weakened first or Yue will never be revived even if Fu Chai dies! She is disappointed when Fan Li disagrees because some part of her doesn't wnat to go to Fu Chai. That's why she has mixed emotions.

Yes, there are heaps of Xi Shi and Fan Li scenes!
    But somehow, I like the Yue princess! I just hope she doesn't change!
    Cyril Connolly

Default Cast

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    Actually, there are only 3 tvb actors in here...
    My bad, there are 4 from tvb.

Chen Kun (mainland)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2005-09-19/U1384P28T3D844740F326DT20050919125954.jpg')

Guo Xian Ni (tvb)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2005/9/17/20050917165635d41d8.jpg')

Liu Song Ren (tvb)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2005-09-19/U1384P28T3D844744F326DT20050919130037.jpg')

Ma De Zhong (tvb)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2005/9/17/20050917165254d41d8.jpg')

Chen Guo Bang (tvb)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2005-09-19/U1384P28T3D844742F326DT20050919130016.jpg')

Feng Wei (mainland)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2005/9/17/20050917165311d41d8.jpg')

Sheng Se Li (mainland)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2005/9/17/20050917165734d41d8.jpg')

Lin Hai Hai (mainland)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2005/9/17/20050917165421d41d8.jpg')

I like their facial expression
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2005-09-19/U1384P28T3D844745F326DT20050919130045.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    50 episodes? TVB release has only 42 episode, that mean they will cut out 8 episodes? What a letdown
    I think the tvb release should be the uncut version. The 50 episodes that I watched is actually shorter because they stretched it out but deleted many parts to squeeze in as much advertisement time as possible. If u saw the scene below, then it should be the full version.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/358/162re1.jpg')

is that how real history was?
    For obvious reasons, there are some alterations made. Historically, it took gou jian about 22 years to restore his kingdom; in the series, it took about 5 or so. Moreover, Xi Shi was actually only 14 years old when she entered Wu. Fan Li was already 70 when he helped gou jian restore Yue.

P.S. how is everyone liking this series? My mom is going to buy it for me. I am so excited.

If anyone who doesn't wish to know the details please don't read on!!!!!!!

At the end, Xishi was kinda forced to commit suicide by He Yi. she jumped into the water but Fan Li dived in to save her just in time. eventually, he fulfiled his earlier promise to be with her and accompany her "cruising" the lake when everthing was settled. but they don't seem too happy at the end, their facial expression were kinda serious looking.

About the dancing part, she was demonstrating the "assasination move" to fan li. she really did want to kill fu chai, which was why fan li was very angry with her.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    I like their facial expression
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2005-09-19/U1384P28T3D844745F326DT20050919130045.jpg')
    I like their facial expression too . Chen Kun looks so cute in here while Sonija looks sweet.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Of the 4 Great Beauties, 3 ruined a kingdom/ruler, but only Lady Yang did it unintentionally.

Xi Shi and Diao Chan did it on purpose out of patriotism and loyalty.

Watching epi 7-8.

I love Sai Si in this epi. So, patriotic. I especially like the scene where Man Zhong brought Sai Si to the burial ground of the dead Yue soldiers and tell her about the hardship of the Yue people, the aim to rebuild Yue and how he's willing to die if his death can exchange the freedom of his king. Sonija did very well in this scene. Seeing her expression, I also feel touched and want to cry. I like that after Sai Si understood the matter at hand, she immediately agreed to be Fu Chai's woman. I also like the conversation between Fai Lai and Sai Si after that, Sai Si saying "if u can sacrificed for the Kingdom, why can't I?". Then she asked, "I only want to ask you one thing. Do u love me?". When Fan Lai said "Yes", she said "This promise from you is enough. Bring me to Ng Kingdom, I want to be Fu Chai's woman".

Learn a new thing today. Now, I know how the phrase 'cham yu lok ngan' comes about. It's from the legendary Sai Si who fishes also don't dare to come up the water surface when she's around and seagulls come down to watch her.

Yes, Cheng Dan is selfish and opportunistic, but I really pity her in this episode. Ill cheer for her if she manage to get revenge on the Queen later. And poor Ching Yee (the maid).

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Learn a new thing today. Now, I know how the phrase 'cham yu lok ngan' comes about. It's from the legendary Sai Si who fishes also don't dare to come up the water surface when she's around and seagulls come down to watch her.
    Huh? From what i know, "Chum Yu" was always referring to Xi Shi cos she likes to wash silk by teh river, but "Lok Ngan" refers to Lady Wang Chao Jun who upon her journey to be married off to the Xiongnu, came acorss a flock of geese who forgot to fly and fell from the skies!

I better go and ask someone about it.
    Cyril Connolly

Of the 4 Great Beauties, 3 ruined a kingdom/ruler, but only Lady Yang did it unintentionally.

Xi Shi and Diao Chan did it on purpose out of patriotism and loyalty.
    I like Wang Chao Jun the best! She sacrificed herself twice to marry both father and son! Great woman!
    Cyril Connolly

Yes, Cheng Dan is selfish and opportunistic, but I really pity her in this episode. Ill cheer for her if she manage to get revenge on the Queen later. And poor Ching Yee (the maid).
    The one who plays Zheng Dan can't dance! She annoys me! I don't thinks he could act as well! I haven't got around to the tapes yet, but watching some at my friend's house.

Is Queen Mei Si ever going to change her hairstyle? I hope Xi Shi doesn't wear her hair like that when she marries Fu Chai! It is so odd and fake-looking!

I love Damien's acting so much! He moves me with his acting!
    Cyril Connolly

After seeing the Princess and Sai Si side by side, I take my word back. Sonija is more beautiful than th actress who acted as the Princess. But the Princess currently is the second most beautiful girl in the series.

I like Wang Chao Jun the best! She sacrificed herself twice to marry both father and son! Great woman!
    I like Wang Zhao Jun too.

I like her for taking charge of her own life and not afraid to take risk. Instead of wasting her life in the royal harem, she took the initiative to volunteer to go to the far away country.

Yes, she did it for the good of her country. Very patriotic. But think of it another way. Beside benefiting the country, it's also a way out for her, a way for her to actually do something with her life. When she went there, she's like an ambassador of the country, like Princess Wen Cheng.

I don't get why people always say she's so pitiful and such a great sacrifice. It's not like the foreign king treated her badly. She was much loved by the people there and got children and when she died, people there build a monument for her. Yeah, maybe the rough life of the babarian not that suitable for her, and marrying her husband's brother was against the chinese confucian teachings and she missed her home. But it's better than wasting her life in the inner palace. She couldn't be in love with that shallow Emperor. She only saw him on the day of her daparture.

Anyway, what she's doing was what many other Princesses have done before and after her. Political marriages occured all time and in many countries during the ancient time.

I think her life was better than a lot of the beloved imperial concubines of Chinese Emperors.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-01-06 at 11:23 AM.

I like Wang Zhao Jun too.

I like her for taking charge of her own life and not afraid to take risk. Instead of wasting her life in the royal harem, she took the initiative to volunteer to go to the far away country.

Yes, she did it for the good of her country. Very patriotic. But think of it another way. Beside benefiting the country, it's also a way out for her, a way for her to actually do something with her life. When she went there, she's like an ambassador of the country, like Princess Wen Cheng.

I don't get why people always say she's so pitiful and such a great sacrifice. It's not like the foreign king treated her badly. She was much loved by the people there and got children and when she died, people there build a monument for her. Yeah, maybe the rough life of the babarian not that suitable for her, and marrying her husband's brother was against the chinese confucian teachings and she missed her home. But it's better than wasting her life in the inner palace. She can't be in love with that shallow Emperor. She only saw him on the day of her daparture.

Anyway, what she's doing was what many other Princesses have done before and after her. Politically marriages occured all time and in many countries during the ancient time.

I think her life was better than a lot of the beloved imperial concubines of Chinese Emperors.
    Yes, that is true, she had her own advantages too. I consider her as pitiful because she was homesick for so many years and it is hard to adapt to a totally new way of life (hehe, me and some people at the chinese forums are joking that Xiongnu men smell at lot cos of the water shortage!) and speak a totally different language. I respecet her more when that he actually volunteered rather than be picked out from a crowd and forced into the marriage. It is rare that women back in those days with the patriachal teachings had so much courage and foresight.

Actually, she had a much better life than the previous princesses sent over because the Xiongnu Chief that asked for her hand had already surrendered to Han and she was treated like a royal guest rather than a present or tribute as the princesses or pseudo-princesses were sent as before her when the Han and Xiongnu were at war! But still, missing home is sad!
    Cyril Connolly