Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Affairs 2

really? i haven't heard...maybe its not out is australia yet.

Im dying to watch this series i DLed halfway and then now I'm back in campus wer I can't DL anitin so I'm hanging in episode 7~ god.... help me... :P

Default Central Affairs 2

I just finished watching this series and whew...I have to catch my breath. This series had put me on an emotional roller coaster. Too much has happened and I wonder how anyone could endure all that drama. At the end I thought it was sort of ironic and illogical. *spoiler* if you look back...everyone from the chai family has died except for Edward. Then the bride's family took over the business and house. It's sort of like having Michelle's father's dream come true...to be a part of the big business and get rich. I was so mad when Simon died. He did so much for that family and he tried so hard to make everyone happy. It's just not fair. In the beginning I thought Tony was the biggest jackass ever but when Theresa came, she made him look like a saint. I actually felt bad for the guy. I hated Michelle and if you really pay attention to the series...it all started with her! Had she not launched her plan for revenge...none of that would've happened. So many people died and I hate that! I was not satisfied with the ending. It was so illogical. I loved Pinky and I feel so bad for her. Throughout the entire show...she was so innocent and only meant well but she suffered so much. Pinky and Kenneth (Simon) were like the angels of CIG. It's unfair that he died. Also, it was just too much drama. Kenneth had to endure so much emotional drama...love, family...business. He sucked it all up. So unfair! What the hell is that? Then after all that...it still seems like Michelle has the main role. hm...huh? What has she done and contributed? hm...It seems like the story was so poorly put together, especially for Michelle. or maybe it's just because she can't act. When she was raped I just wanted to throw something at her when she was screaming in the rain. What the hell? Had she listened to her sister at the boutique to not dress so ****ty she wouldn't have attracted Tony. ****!!! and then she wanted revenge? What was the point of the series anyway? It was so much acting and drama but what the hell was the real story supposed to be about? It was just a whole mumbo jumbo of emotions flying left and right.

Nonetheless I still liked this series...well only because of Kenneth. He's a really great actor.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanatica
    I just finished watching this series and whew...I have to catch my breath. This series had put me on an emotional roller coaster. Too much has happened and I wonder how anyone could endure all that drama. At the end I thought it was sort of ironic and illogical. *spoiler* if you look back...everyone from the chai family has died except for Edward. Then the bride's family took over the business and house. It's sort of like having Michelle's father's dream come true...to be a part of the big business and get rich. I was so mad when Simon died. He did so much for that family and he tried so hard to make everyone happy. It's just not fair. In the beginning I thought Tony was the biggest jackass ever but when Theresa came, she made him look like a saint. I actually felt bad for the guy. I hated Michelle and if you really pay attention to the series...it all started with her! Had she not launched her plan for revenge...none of that would've happened. So many people died and I hate that! I was not satisfied with the ending. It was so illogical. I loved Pinky and I feel so bad for her. Throughout the entire show...she was so innocent and only meant well but she suffered so much. Pinky and Kenneth (Simon) were like the angels of CIG. It's unfair that he died. Also, it was just too much drama. Kenneth had to endure so much emotional drama...love, family...business. He sucked it all up. So unfair! What the hell is that? Then after all that...it still seems like Michelle has the main role. hm...huh? What has she done and contributed? hm...It seems like the story was so poorly put together, especially for Michelle. or maybe it's just because she can't act. When she was raped I just wanted to throw something at her when she was screaming in the rain. What the hell? Had she listened to her sister at the boutique to not dress so ****ty she wouldn't have attracted Tony. ****!!! and then she wanted revenge? What was the point of the series anyway? It was so much acting and drama but what the hell was the real story supposed to be about? It was just a whole mumbo jumbo of emotions flying left and right.

Nonetheless I still liked this series...well only because of Kenneth. He's a really great actor.

i don't know why u guys keep asking why MIchelle caused all that drama....??? dudh if she didn't the whole there wouldn't be a story for the series to develop this far....

did michelle die at the end??????

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanatica
    Had she listened to her sister at the boutique to not dress so ****ty she wouldn't have attracted Tony. ****!!!
    even if she did dress less conservative then Pinky, it doesn't mean she deserves to be raped by tony. and her style wasn't tat bad to start with.

Tony is an evil guy, Pinky attracted him first, even though she was conservative. so it didn't really matter wat they wore he still would have wanted them.

was it my ears or did he say to Michelle after he raped her that she was like her sister?!
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I dunno tvfanatica, i think u prob hate hoi lan, michelle's character that caused the havoc which i totally agree with tuoimongmo2007, that if she didn't cause anitin wat do u wana watch then... a peaceful hapily ever after story frm beginning to end? Because if Mcihelle's acting was that bad, she couldn't have been good enuf to get u to hate her character? I think the scene after the rape was really sad...

I agree there's lots of drama and action and emotions flying around, but for me I think that's the kind of drama that's good. If it's plain all along, ppl wud be falling asleep. I have to say ATV dramas are different frm TVB's.

I've always been watching TVB and only watch few of ATV like date with vampire and CA. I think whenever I watch ATV, tho ppl may claim it to have lousy tech and stuff, I find their storyline is somewhat different frm TVBs. The way they shoot is also different, I think they have very skillful way of shooting it from different angles like using their reflections etc... whereas TVB is always straightforward on the person itself. But I agree their picture quality is not as good as tvb's.

Not to say which is better or wat, its just you know ppl nid changes to feel entertained. I guess after many years of TVB, watching ATV is fun. IT's like changing taste..
    Last edited by Rain_84; 08-21-06 at 11:28 AM.
    Michelle Ye's Realm, <-- enter here

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_84
    I dunno tvfanatica, i think u prob hate hoi lan, michelle's character that caused the havoc which i totally agree with tuoimongmo2007, that if she didn't cause anitin wat do u wana watch then... a peaceful hapily ever after story frm beginning to end? Because if Mcihelle's acting was that bad, she couldn't have been good enuf to get u to hate her character? I think the scene after the rape was really sad...

I agree there's lots of drama and action and emotions flying around, but for me I think that's the kind of drama that's good. If it's plain all along, ppl wud be falling asleep. I have to say ATV dramas are different frm TVB's.

I've always been watching TVB and only watch few of ATV like date with vampire and CA. I think whenever I watch ATV, tho ppl may claim it to have lousy tech and stuff, I find their storyline is somewhat different frm TVBs. The way they shoot is also different, I think they have very skillful way of shooting it from different angles like using their reflections etc... whereas TVB is always straightforward on the person itself. But I agree their picture quality is not as good as tvb's.

Not to say which is better or wat, its just you know ppl nid changes to feel entertained. I guess after many years of TVB, watching ATV is fun. IT's like changing taste..

idk if playing this role is good for MIchelle...people might hate her even more...than gain more fans...???

well, that settles it, I'm renting this series this weekend. It's sad to here about Kenneth's end, but if so many people like his character so much, can't wait to see him.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I just finish watching the series and I somehow miss some parts can someone tell me what happen to Robert's adopted kids..you know the girl and the boy??thanks
    Last edited by darkangel1992; 10-07-06 at 09:05 PM.
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

Thumbs down

i like part 1, and part 2 just watch few, and don't like it, my family don't like also,

because the girl name call "yip shirmp" , we don't like her, "ho ka"

don't know other people think, but our family thinkis this point.

well i just finished this series and i actually found it more believing then CA1 n actually prefered it more then CA1

summing up michelle's character i think she did quite a good job in here apart from the rape scene and her miriculous recovery in less then 24 hours.... i mean she actully gotten us to hate her for her whole revenege plan

and erm... who should we blame for the whole chai's family death... possibly it would be tony because of his idiotic arrogant behavior... but don't forget theresa actually contributed to michelle's hatred becasue of her ditching the sister when they were young...... dude she might have regretted it but still michlle did go through alot of suffering because of her one moment jealousy....... in addition the father is also another ******* i mean dude he sold his daughter and come on if the whole wide world starts betraying u comeon don't tell me u are still goping to be nice and allow even more ppl to step over u????

i actually think the development of the story line was quite good....... and that i actually felt that it was better then CA1...... frankly if Simon did not die then it wouldhave been one of those typucal TVB happy ending the ending here was not bad but not good either......

overall i feel that this series is defianetly better then a lot of series that TVB has made over the past few yrs

job well done

btw.. does anybody have the main-sub themes of the song??
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

I never finished part 2, but I started it almost immediately after I finished watching part 1 and could not continue because I was still reeling from the drama in part 1. It didn't help that the story started the same way.

Ranting about ATV:
    It seems that when a series works, they are given a bigger budget to do the exact thing over again with different plot twists - I feel same thing happened to My Date with a Vampire 1 & 2. Like if the writers/directors say "if only I had more time and money, then I would...."

But the strong points of ATV has been not fearing the wrath of censors and somewhat avoiding Disneyesque of TVB by displaying raw emotion and high level of sexuality.

Whoa. I've always appreciated Ricky Chan's acting but here I really hate Tony. Tony raped both sisters! That's just wrong! I hope he gets his just desserts someday.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default SPOILER! BEWARE OF SPOILER!

Ah! I watched up to episode 20 and couldn't stand it anymore so I had to know! I skipped to the final episode. Simon (Kenneth) died! Damn Theresa Mok's character! I always hated her character! Shameless Gold digger! Michelle as a main character is not always likeable but in the end she finally did what was right---going to jail so her mother could be free and admitting to the murder of Ricky's character. The rightful thing Simon would've been proud of and wanted her to do, Edward is such a loving man who'd love her no matter if she's right or wrong, I bet he'd keep his word and wait for her to come out of jail and start a new life with her. But the man she loves most died, Edward will always be second best in her heart. I guess in their relationship she's with the person who loves her more than she loves him.

Simon died! HAHAHA Tony got killed!

Still with a new life with Edward, I still think Michelle is stupid for taking all that revenge on all those people and end up paying a great price of losing the man she loves most, Simon. She could've stopped any time and left with Simon and left CIG and married him but no her desire for vengeance was too great and therefore ruined her chance at true love and happy marriage with the man she loves most. STUPID!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-07-07 at 01:08 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

well, i rented the series a while back and couldn't finish it b/c the drama was too much for my little brain (maybe that's why i have been watching taiwan idol drama for the past month ). but i'm curious, can someone please tell me how it ended for pinky's character? and did kenneth liked pinky more or michelle's character more?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    well, i rented the series a while back and couldn't finish it b/c the drama was too much for my little brain (maybe that's why i have been watching taiwan idol drama for the past month ). but i'm curious, can someone please tell me how it ended for pinky's character? and did kenneth liked pinky more or michelle's character more?
    Well, if you don't mind spoilers I'll tell you how it goes.

After Simon (Kenneth)'s death, Pinky who went crazy, regained sanity after witnessing Simon getting shot by Theresa's character. Whether Kenneth loved Pinky or Michelle more....that is very debateable. There was a dream sequence where Kenneth saw his adoptive father and then Pinky where Pinky said "If you had listened and left CIG and I wouldn't have married Tony. You ruined my life." I think he felt guilty but at the same time, Pinky is his first love so he'll never forget her while later in the dream he ran after Michelle and dream Michelle said "You're with Theresa now, you no longer love me." He says "No, I only pretended to be with her for the sake of CIG, I still love you very much" She says "I don't believe you. You're no longer the Simon who doesn't know how to lie" He hugs her but than Michelle turns into Theresa. dream Theresa tells him that all his life he's done so much for the Chai family but got nothing. He loved Pinky but she married Tony. He loved Michelle but she married Edward. He lied to her and said he wanted to spend the honeymoon at blah blah island and now she's going to take him and then she shoots him in the dream too. And so it's like this is what his conscious is thinking. Michelle rushes to see Simon before he dies at the ER. He sees her and kisses her hand, she's crying and apologizing. He tells Michelle, "If I could live with you, I would definitely be happy." And with that Simon dies and Michelle cries.

I leave you to figure out who he loved most.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-07-07 at 01:42 PM.

thanks suet seung for the spoilers.

pity though, cuz i like kenneth and pinky as a couple more. oh well

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    thanks suet seung for the spoilers.

pity though, cuz i like kenneth and pinky as a couple more. oh well
    I went back and watched the second to last episode and dang, Kenneth/Simon pretended to date Teresa and slept with her too and pretended to want to marry her and tricked her into selling all her stock of CIG for one dollar to a company Michelle made--instructed by Kenneth himself. So Michelle is the new chairman CEO of CIG and Kenneth left a video taperecording explaining that time she went to the hospital he heard everything she said and wanted to sit up and tell her everything but couldn't because he had to pretend to be with Teresa. He told her he loved her most in his life and he understood why she married Edward. He told her lying to Teresa was something really hard to do and he knows that Teresa will come after him and won't forgive him so he has to leave HK for the safety of everyone.

Kenneth then visited Edward whose in a coma and told him he never stayed angry at him for marrying Michelle. Michelle after watching the video ran to find him but couldn't and then Teresa comes and shoots him from behind. So sad! He gave that music box back in Pinky's hand before he died, he said the music box belongs to only us. So I guess Pinky is his first love and of course he wouldn't forget her even though he loves Michelle. For the one time he lied after his father died, he did it for the Chai Family and also to help Michelle, I guess he does love her.

I like Pinky's character. Michelle's character is so annoying! The serial was so emotionally charged that I really couldn't stand to watch it.

So did Edward wake up in the end?

Geez, I wanted Pinky and her mom to have happy endings!

And oh, Pinky's image is very good here! Those OL (office lady) dressing, the nicely done hair and the glasses! She looks so good in those glasses!
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 02-27-07 at 11:43 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I like Pinky's character. Michelle's character is so annoying! The serial was so emotionally charged that I really couldn't stand to watch it.

So did Edward wake up in the end?

Geez, I wanted Pinky and her mom to have happy endings!

And oh, Pinky's image is very good here! Those OL (office lady) dressing, the nicely done hair and the glasses! She looks so good in those glasses!
    Yeah, Edward (Andrew Yuen) woke up in the end and visited Michelle, who's in prison for killing Tony (Ricky Chan). I think he said he'd wait for her.

Pinky and Michelle's dad became a good person towards the end and although her mom lost Patrick, there is still Pinky's baby whose just born to care about so its not entirely a sad ending for them but a new beginning and life with the baby. Depends on how you see it.

When I watched it, I just couldn't stop. It's love-hate thing.