Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the House ( Room Full of Guests )

Post Welcome to the House ( Room Full of Guests )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3094/house1rz.png')

Chinese Title: Ko Pang Moon Joh
    English Title: Welcome to the House
    Vietnamese Title: Cao Bang Man Toai

Episodes: approx 100

Cast: Chung King Fai, Lawrence Cheng, Christine Ng, Raymond Cho, Johnhson Lee, Lo Yeun Yan, Shermon Tang, Kingdon Yeun, Eileen Yeow, Lo Mong

Theme Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=L8ydftt7F...se%20%22tvb%22

Gallery:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060322/img/se11032203_big.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/welcome_to_the_house/scene/img/ori/popup_05.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/welcome_to_the_house/scene/img/ori/popup_23.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/welcome_to_the_house/scene/img/ori/popup_03.jpg')

Synopsis: Ko Yau Pang (Lawrence Cheng) is a man who listens to whatever his wife says. His wife, Chueng Yuet Moon (Christine Ng), is a yoga instructor. They make a perfect couple, though there is a world of difference between their personalities. The two have a daughter, Ko Wai Ting (Chung Wong).

Pang’s father, Ko Hing (Chung King Fai), runs a pharmacy, where he works as a Chinese medicine doctor. Instead of inheriting Hing’s business, Pang choose to work as a senior instructor in a Chinese cuisine training school. After losing his wife in early days, Hing married Ho Miu Hei (Angelina Lo), with whom he has a son, Yau Yee (Raymond Cho), and a daughter, Yau Tsing (Shermon Tang). On top of them, there are also Hing’s stepsister, Ko Lai (Yuen King Dan), Yuet Moon’s younger brother, Yat Moon (Lee Sze Chit).

There are nine people in the Ko family, whose members are from three generations. Each and everyone of them can easily find their own reflections in their daily lives with an understanding smile.

( Credits to TVB Drama Warehouse )

----

After “Women on the Run”, TVB is planning to film a new sitcom in March called Ko Pang Moon Joh. Cheng Dan Sui (Ah Dan) and Chung King Fai (King Sir) will play son and father, expecting it to be a warm and relaxing kind of series. They also hope that King Sir’s popularity in “My Family” will rub off on it. This will be aired from Monday till Friday evening.

Christine Ng also have a part
    The new series will temporarily have 100 episodes and apart from leads Ah Dan and King Sir, there will also be Christine Ng who plays Ah Dan’s wife, Raymond Cho and Johnson Lee. This series won’t be aired until April, but for it to keep up with current affairs in order to draw more viewers, it won’t be filmed all in once.

The first male lead Ah Dan hasn’t filmed TV series for a while now and in order to deal with the long shooting days he’s been building up strength at the moment. When asked how TVB has made him agree to shoot a 100-episodes sitcom, he smilingly told: “Many people find it strange that I have agreed to film this, but because I’ve never tried to film for sitcom I find it very challenging. More importantly, the prospect of cooperating with King Sir is very attractive.”

It turns out that it was King Sir who taught him drama. So from then on Ah Dan has always hoped for an opportunity to perform together with his ‘teacher’.

Selling its body for four months
    Earlier when the two of them accidently met on the street, King Sir has already indicated that he wanted to cooperate with him, making Ah Dan a very happy man. He never could have imagined that TVB would soon present him this opportunity. So he will throw himself into these four months to shoot 100 episodes, moreover Ah Dan didn’t even negotiate. This only proves how attractive King Sir really is.

TVB hopes to win back some of its dominance on Monday till Friday evening with this sitcom. Asked if Ah Dan felt any ratings pressure, he replied: “If I already know that the ratings won’t be satisfying, I could only give it my best.”

( Credits to: Asian fanatics )

----

Today is Fathers Day and TVB's sitcom "Welcome to the House" held a special event to mark the occasion, where members of the Ko family including Christine Ng, Raymond Cho, Shermon Tang and Kingdom Yuen appears to cook some beautiful dishes for the two fathers in the show Chung King Fai and Lawrence Cheng.

In response to rumours that the ratings for the show have been on the low side, Christine says that average ratings of 28 points are quite acceptable, but she feels that the show will continue to reach new heights because there will be some touching scenes to come that will create a new wave. She says: "Those scenes are very touching and I was crying so much that I couldn't speak my lines."

"Welcome" will complete filming its first 120 episodes in September and then go on to shoot a further 120 episodes, but Christine is worried that this will clash with her plans to go on holiday to Europe in October. She says: "Going to Europe is a must before I am 40." Producer Lo Wing Yin indicates that the ratings for the show are not bad and the extension was within the original plans, but they will have to continue with the original cast and have the family complete. As for Christine's holiday plans, he jokes: "Maybe we can introduce some good looking guys for her to act opposite her and attract her to stay." Upon hearing this, Christine's screen husband Lawrence gives an indication of his disapproval. Producer Lo adds: "For the new episodes, we will introduce some new characters such as Lai Lok Yi and Natalie Tong as well as some baddies!"

( Credits to : tvbspace news )
    Last edited by TW1NKLE; 06-26-06 at 01:11 PM.
    ---------------------------------

this is watchable if u have nothing else to watch. it's very cheesy

hm...this series has a kinda boring cast...no one good....do u think i should give this series a go?
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

Just started watching this series until episode4, i dont think it is very interesting but it is more like Virtues of Harmony. Different story in each episode. it is advisable that if you really really dont haf anything to do. you can watch it . There's a girl in this series who used to be a contest of Miss HK but i duno which yr and whats her name.

Correction * Contestants

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Just started watching this series until episode4, i dont think it is very interesting but it is more like Virtues of Harmony. Different story in each episode. it is advisable that if you really really dont haf anything to do. you can watch it . There's a girl in this series who used to be a contest of Miss HK but i duno which yr and whats her name.
    her name is shermon tang
    Last edited by KantopunK...xD; 07-25-06 at 02:58 AM.

Don't really like it... it would have been better if they had a few longer storylines. you can only do so much in one 30 min episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KantopunK...xD
    her name is shermon tang

Ohhh...i seeee. Thanks !

Hmmm....just found out that Shermon Tang was one of the 2005 Miss HK contestants but was eliminated in the semi-final.

Hmmm....just found out that Shermon Tang was one of the 2005 Miss HK contestants but was eliminated in the semi-final.
    yeah she was...how is her acting...?

Quote Originally Posted by KantopunK...xD
    yeah she was...how is her acting...?

Her acting is ok but still a lot more to catch up. she just played a small role in this series..so yea..

This series is kinda weird..some what like VOH..not as funny tho.
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

this serie reminds me soo much of VOH..but of course VOH is way better..and wats up with the episodes?? its so short..most of the episodes could've been longer...its an okay serie..but my 6 yrs old sis is like crazy over it..she's watch every tape that has come out in viet at least 2 times already.. man she would turn it on everyday..i get soo tired of watchin it cuz of my sis..

Quote Originally Posted by onion
    this serie reminds me soo much of VOH..but of course VOH is way better..and wats up with the episodes?? its so short..most of the episodes could've been longer...its an okay serie..but my 6 yrs old sis is like crazy over it..she's watch every tape that has come out in viet at least 2 times already.. man she would turn it on everyday..i get soo tired of watchin it cuz of my sis..
    i totally agree...tho some scenes are a bit funny, but most of it is boring!

I love this show. A little correction though, it has 240 episodes, just slightly more than the 20, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    I love this show. A little correction though, it has 240 episodes, just slightly more than the 20, ha ha.
    there's two problems with this tread.
    1. this is not really considered "new", because in hk, they have almost finished airing this!
    2. there's already a tread on this!

Actually, this has become one of my favorite shows. Sure it started out slow, but which long 1/2 sitcom doesn't? If you'd give it a chance, this show will grow on you.

It's a fair show, every cast member will eventually get their own episodes. Some are more crazy or funnier than others.

One of my favorite actress of all-times is Lo Yuen Yan, the Mom. I've become one of her biggest fan since viewing Family Squad back in 1991. She is truly awesome to watch, so charismatic and funny. Wish I had a Mom or Aunt like her. Not that I don't love my Mommy, but Fei Ma (as I've come to nickname her) just conveys this warm feeling on screen. There's an episode where she tried to vie for be the role "Siu Long Nu", ahhhhhhh, so funny.

One of my favorites, Chris Lai Lok Yi guest starred for 5 episodes. So see, there are storylines that span over a few episodes. Oh, and the first love of ah Dee's is a great one to watch too. She is so conceited and full of herself, she is so hilarious! She also guest starred for about 5 episodes. Be sure to check it out.

Sherman Tang does a good job as a newcomer, as Dai Hou Lei. She's cute. She at least can act better than most newbies these days.

Yuen King Dan is always a great character to add to a cast. And that Indian dude, Kieu Bo Bo is a funny one too.

Most of TVB's series lineup has been a disappointment. I'm glad they produce this one to save my faith in their writing. Hong Kong apparently is showing strong ratings for this show in the 30s point mark, which is considered to be very solid.

Sometimes you need a show that is lighthearted, and this show does just that.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 11-06-06 at 01:39 PM.

Actually, this has become one of my favorite shows. Sure it started out slow, but which long 1/2 sitcom doesn't? If you'd give it a chance, this show will grow on you.

It's a fair show, every cast member will eventually get their own episodes. Some are more crazy or funnier than others.

One of my favorite actress of all-times is Lo Yuen Yan, the Mom. I've become one of her biggest fan since viewing Family Squad back in 1991. She is truly awesome to watch, so charismatic and funny. Wish I had a Mom or Aunt like her. Not that I don't love my Mommy, but Fei Ma (as I've come to nickname her) just conveys this warm feeling on screen. There's an episode where she tried to vie for be the role "Siu Long Nu", ahhhhhhh, so funny.

One of my favorites, Chris Lai Lok Yi guest starred for 5 episodes. So see, there are storylines that span over a few episodes. Oh, and the first love of ah Dee's is a great one to watch too. She is so conceited and full of herself, she is so hilarious! She also guest starred for about 5 episodes. Be sure to check it out.

Sherman Tang does a good job as a newcomer, as Dai Hou Lei. She's cute. She at least can act better than most newbies these days.

Yuen King Dan is always a great character to add to a cast. And that Indian dude, Kieu Bo Bo is a funny one too.

Most of TVB's series lineup has been a disappointment. I'm glad they produce this one to save my faith in their writing. Hong Kong apparently is showing strong ratings for this show in the 30s point mark, which is considered to be very solid.

Sometimes you need a show that is lighthearted, and this show does just that.

Yea. i agreed with you. This series is quite interesting.

I was especially impressed by Paul the Indian who play as Henry in this series.

First saw him in " Minutes to fame " a tv show host by Hacken Lee. I think he's very talented and there's not doubt why TVB wouldn't want to sign him.

He'll definitely rise to stardorm just like the English Guy who always starred in so many tvb Series and usually he plays as a head of police. Duno wats him name. and he speaks canto very well.

Yea. i agreed with you. This series is quite interesting.

I was especially impressed by Paul the Indian who play as Henry in this series.

First saw him in " Minutes to fame " a tv show host by Hacken Lee. I think he's very talented and there's not doubt why TVB wouldn't want to sign him.

He'll definitely rise to stardorm just like the English Guy who always starred in so many tvb Series and usually he plays as a head of police. Duno wats him name. and he speaks canto very well.
    ha ha, funny how you brought that English guy up. I only found out recently that he was studying in Australia to become either a doctor or lawyer and his roommate was Chinese and one day played a Leslie Cheung song. That English actor got so hooked, he decided to fly to Hong Kong and get into the entertainment industry just so he might have a chance to meet his idol. And from then on, his career as a TVB actor began and the rest was history. I thought that was rather interesting. He also married a Chinese ( I think Hong Kong) lady.

Also, back to that Indian actor, dang, his cantonese is extremely fluent...even better than the English guy, but then again that English guy didn't start to learn cantonese 'til his 20s, nevertheless still impressive.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 11-07-06 at 03:16 PM.

ha ha, funny how you brought that English guy up. I only found out recently that he was studying in Australia to become either a doctor or lawyer and his roommate was Chinese and one day played a Leslie Cheung song. That English actor got so hooked, he decided to fly to Hong Kong and get into the entertainment industry just so he might have a chance to meet his idol. And from then on, his career as a TVB actor began and the rest was history. I thought that was rather interesting. He also married a Chinese ( I think Hong Kong) lady.

Also, back to that Indian actor, dang, his cantonese is extremely fluent...even better than the English guy, but then again that English guy didn't start to learn cantonese 'til his 20s, nevertheless still impressive.

i seeeee ~ what his name?