Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Default Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Synopsis:

This time around, Captain Jack Sparrow is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures.

Official site: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/

Early review at: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23694

Talking

I can't possibly wait! My gosh got to see Keira Knightley. I love the first movie so probably or let's hope this will be as good. Love their accent. I'm really looking forward... to this. I hope it won't be a disappointing movie.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

my gut feeling tells me that this sequel is going to be crap, as most sequels are

From what i've seen in the trailers the film shouts out "look at me, i'm johnny depp, there is no plotline, but i am cool!"

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    my gut feeling tells me that this sequel is going to be crap, as most sequels are

From what i've seen in the trailers the film shouts out "look at me, i'm johnny depp, there is no plotline, but i am cool!"
    Well... did you like the 1rst one? if you didn't than probably you won't like the 2nd one either. For me the 1rst one was great .
    -

I'm eager to see this one too. Hope I won't be disappointed.
    "And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart." answered the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    Well... did you like the 1rst one? if you didn't than probably you won't like the 2nd one either. For me the 1rst one was great .
    ignore 0-0-0! shes not good at following plotline

i really liked the first one... but the first one wasn't promoted by Johnny Depp running around going "I'm cool, watch this movie just for me!"

Like most sequels, they're just playing up to what was popular in the previous movie. The plot sounds weak, and all the promotional trailers i've seen just feature Johnny Depp running around... i like Johnny Depp, but if that's all the film has to offer... (there's always the eye candy i guess )

i really liked the first one... but the first one wasn't promoted by Johnny Depp running around going "I'm cool, watch this movie just for me!"
    Like most sequels, they're just playing up to what was popular in the previous movie. The plot sounds weak, and all the promotional trailers i've seen just feature Johnny Depp running around... i like Johnny Depp, but if that's all the film has to offer... (there's always the eye candy i guess )
    oooh look at me - i'm a film critique even though i haven't seen the film yet

the franchise is about pirates, who else would you be promoting if not Jack Sparrow? Will and Elizabeth Swann are not exactly what you call pirates!!

wait until you've seen the film before you give your 5 cents

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    oooh look at me - i'm a film critique even though i haven't seen the film yet

the franchise is about pirates, who else would you be promoting if not Jack Sparrow? Will and Elizabeth Swann are not exactly what you call pirates!!

wait until you've seen the film before you give your 5 cents
    i want the film to be good, but i kind of doubt it
    It's understandable to promote Jack Sparrow, but not the extent that they have done it, and not to the point where you get sick of seeing him everywhere
    I'll tell you what i think if i go watch it... and no, i don't want the film to be bad, i just have a feeling that it will be

i want the film to be good, but i kind of doubt it
    It's understandable to promote Jack Sparrow, but not the extent that they have done it, and not to the point where you get sick of seeing him everywhere
    I'll tell you what i think if i go watch it... and no, i don't want the film to be bad, i just have a feeling that it will be
    Don't judge a movie when you haven't watch it and sometimes.. feelings about a movie being bad doesn't mean that the movie WILL be bad.

Btw, thanks for the info(about the story), Net.

I can't wait for this movie to come - I'm going to see it with friends and I'm so excited! I think Keira Knightley's an amazing actress - I've seen in her in quite a few movies and she shines through everytime. Can't say enough about Johnny & Orlando.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

i cant wait til this movie comes out and ahhh god johnny depp that sexy beast

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

please reserve judgement before you see the actual movie or else you gonna eat your own word

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

this movie will end with a cliffhanger like reloaded and continue next year for POTC III. Hope Sao Feng will be a badass character in this

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    please reserve judgement before you see the actual movie or else you gonna eat your own word
    i hope so

i don't want to waste time watching a crappy movie

I can't wait for the movie which will be released two weeks later in Singapore. OMG! I really luv Johnny & Orlando, especially Johnny.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoshan
    I can't wait for the movie which will be released two weeks later in Singapore. OMG! I really luv Johnny & Orlando, especially Johnny.

Yah. I LUV Orlando Bloom and Johnny Dep. They're like the hottest and hottest man in the universe!!!

Well I can't wait for next sequel. I hope it will be the best movie of da year!!

Has anyone watch X-MEN THE LAST STAND? I luv Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by eislay
    Yah. I LUV Orlando Bloom and Johnny Dep. They're like the hottest and hottest man in the universe!!!

Well I can't wait for next sequel. I hope it will be the best movie of da year!!

Has anyone watch X-MEN THE LAST STAND? I luv Scott!
    Yes, I've watch X-Men and Scott is awesome. The same guy from The Notebook and Superman Return no?
    -

It's rated 7.9 / 10 but 3.2 / 5 at the moment . i got both of the ratings at a different site.
    -

It's rated 7.9 / 10 but 3.2 / 5 at the moment . i got both of the ratings at a different site.
    i have a rating of 60% from Rottentomatoes, and 40% from cream of the crop