Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting real life kung fu battle

Default Interesting real life kung fu battle

http://www.mmablogger.com/weird/kyok...-chun-kung-fu/

Wow, this really changes my perspective on the practical effectiveness of kung fu. These drunken style fighters demonstrated a lot of fluff but little results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oIGP...0crane%20fight

Here is a famous match in Macau between a grandmaster of Tai Chi and the grandmaster of White Crane Kung Fu. It does not look pretty.

These video clips are jokes

try this one, this is a fight by a REAL SHAOLIN MONK vs Tae Kwon Do guy, and it really shows how much in control the monk is, and how powerful and amazing Shaolin kung fu is in the hand of a real master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls35-WOUulc
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

It's been said before at this forum that many modern day practitioners of Chinese martial arts are doing it all wrong, and emphasizing aesthetics rather than practical combat needs. That's why in many cases these days, Chinese martial arts ends up on the losing end of the equation when matched up against the martial arts of other countries.

But it's also been said that those who still train according to the old traditions are among the very best in the world.

Deterioration Theory indeed...

The problem is in order to fight well, you need to spar, to fight for real, and many Chinese masters refuse to spar, especially during after the Cultural Revolution, there's no way you can beat anyone if you only practice forms and shadow practice all day, you'll get your arse kicked for sure when real fight comes along.

This is the main reason why the Japanese or the Thais often prevail because these guys fight for real, and masters and vigilantes did go from school to school to challenge other masters. Hong kong martial artists in the 60s and 70s were famous because they did fight everyday in alleys and streets of HK, while those Chinese martial artists who moved to South East Asia, also made names, because they actually fought local masters and won, such as the case in Indonesia, where a lot of kungfu masters from Fujian came.

Nowadays, even the Brazillian enhanced the Japanese Jiujitsu successfully because they actually pick fights everyday and get into real brawls. Unfortunately, this is not the trend in kungfu, and no! wushu doesn't win a fight, it will only get your legs broken.

I think it has a lot to do with modern day life-style. Nowadays with work, family, and other obligations along with distractions like television, internet, etc., how many people find the time and incentive to train the hardcore way? And unlike Muay Thai and Mixed martial arts venues, kung-fu(except sanshou) doesn't generally have such support or incentive in competition. You win no money for kung fu tournaments, at least for UFC or Pride you get some money and exposure. So while Muay Thai and MMA fighters can afford to train full-time, people who practice kung-fu generally can't afford to. And with all the exposure on how great Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu is in the ring, who wants to train in kung-fu which gets a bad rep? Plus the main focus of martial arts shouldn't be in the ring.

Everytime my faith in kung fu falters I turn to this video to put a smile on my face.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oyGVst6vCY
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Hmm, that Shaolin vs TKD video really surprised me. He really could move that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Hmm, that Shaolin vs TKD video really surprised me. He really could move that fast.
    Yep, the monk was using the 'Snake Fists' stance, it shows you how superb Shaolin martial arts is when performed correctly with enough training in a real fight, and his speed was unbeliveable, he has full control of that fight, all his blocks were precisely timed and his counter attacks were lightning fast, did you see his 540' flying kicks ?

I wonder who the monk is, and what competition that video clip is from, I'd love to attain the full video of that competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip

Here is a famous match in Macau between a grandmaster of Tai Chi and the grandmaster of White Crane Kung Fu. It does not look pretty.
    Wow. That is really sad. My sister fights better than that.

A Kung Fu Master, claiming to the an Expert in Ving Tsun 5 Animal Style and Jeet Kune Do, came to challenge the Brazillian Jiujitsu champion, Royce Gracie.

Obviously, he got his arse kicked really bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVy0k3mDzdU

Poor dude!

Unfortunately, situations such as these are not doing any favors for the image of Chinese kung fu in modern martial arts circles. All that talk in those old Bruce Lee movies about the Chinese being the "sick men of Asia" seems to be coming true in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip

LOL

This I have to show to my friend, uncle, and anyone else who has studied martial arts.

The Shaolin monk and the man exhibiting Wing Chun were interesting to watch too. They are definitely skilled.

Another Kung Fu guy, this time a Chinese guy, named Chen, who travelled all the way to Brazil and challenged the Gracie's Brazillian Jiujitsu.

Watch yourself, what happened to him, he even couldn't believe he lost himself and asked for the second round, only to get his butt kicked once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyeSScNH8Y

This one is closed door, behind the scene, non publized fight

Thanks to whoever took the video, Chinese Kung Fu really looks bad now

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    I'm glad that someone took the video so we get to see a good fight. Why live in denial? If anything, these one sided battles should inspire the losers to find counters and put up a better fight next time.

The fighter who beat Royce Gracie trained in multiple martial arts, so he had a great balance, and even when he was taken down, he could still defend himself. In the end, it was his devastating kicks that made Gracie's corner guy throw in the towel, after a 1h30 fight.

A fighter that sticks to only 1 rigid style cannot overcome someone who adapts and learns from many different styles.

Here's the last one, I saw this a long time ago.

Yet another pitiful Kungfu guy got his arm broken by a Brazillian Jiujitsu guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjux_y5Xp64

The way i see it is that the kung fu masters are fighting under the opp's tuf. the opp have adventage over the kung fu masters. When everything goes the kung fu masters are bascally getting his *** kick. The way kung fu is taught was that you give respect to your opp and when his down you let him get back up and reusme the match, you dont attack someone when they are down. The fights i see are all grabs. It is bascally the opp fighting a normal person because he have never learn the fighting style of grabs. Also i dont see alot of strikes from kung fu masters.

it is almost like a hand gun vs a sniper gun where the sniper's distance is so close that the end point of his gun can only go over the person and cant aim at him. where as thehand gun have all the adventage in just shooting him in the chest by a trigger
    Last edited by Crazy8; 06-28-06 at 12:06 AM.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Reading this thread makes you wish Hong Lung 18 Palms, 9 Yum Jen Ging, 9 Yeung Jen Ging, etc., were all real so that some Chinese martial artist can reclaim some pride for the Chinese people.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Another Kung Fu guy, this time a Chinese guy, named Chen, who travelled all the way to Brazil and challenged the Gracie's Brazillian Jiujitsu.

Watch yourself, what happened to him, he even couldn't believe he lost himself and asked for the second round, only to get his butt kicked once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyeSScNH8Y

This one is closed door, behind the scene, non publized fight

Wow, this is truly embarassing.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-28-06 at 12:44 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley
    The fighter who beat Royce Gracie trained in multiple martial arts, so he had a great balance, and even when he was taken down, he could still defend himself. In the end, it was his devastating kicks that made Gracie's corner guy throw in the towel, after a 1h30 fight.
    Is there any clip for this fight?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩