Thread: Inflation in Wulin. Of the Kung Fu variety.

Default Inflation in Wulin. Of the Kung Fu variety.

What would have been the effect in Wulin if some crazy guy out to stir crap decided to flood the market with multiple copies of some elite kung fu manual?

If something like 9 Yang/9 Yin/Bei Ming/Kui Hua got into the hands of an person who made hundreds of copies, then flooded the market with it.

So most of the scrubs won't master it, but many will have vast improvements (like ZZR) and several will become super-duper strong.

A bloodbath?

Or more deviously, make 5 versions. 100 copies each. 1 edition is the real deal and the other 4 are modified to cause fire deviation. That would drive people nuts.
    Last edited by CC; 06-28-06 at 03:00 AM.

hmmmmmm...i'd say most likely the rich will become even stronger while the poor will stay rock bottom...unless the crazy guy is selling 9 yang for like a buck or something....and no photocopier/printing press was available then...unless u meant nowadays...

but back then if i can only afford to get one, i'd prolly save up for the 9 Yang manual just because of its obvious health/protection benefits.

there will always somebody out there who wants to be no.1 in wulin which will cause evolution of martial arts. maybe someone will create something that will be superior to 9yang/ying

Haha I would flood the market with modified Kui Hua Bao dians. and make them all castrate themselves so all the hawt chicks will be mine

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Haha I would flood the market with modified Kui Hua Bao dians. and make them all castrate themselves so all the hawt chicks will be mine
    LOL...not just the hot chicks all the DFBBs will be stalking you too...probably killing all those hot chicks to get your attention/homosexual love...

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    What would have been the effect in Wulin if some crazy guy out to stir crap decided to flood the market with multiple copies of some elite kung fu manual?

If something like 9 Yang/9 Yin/Bei Ming/Kui Hua got into the hands of an person who made hundreds of copies, then flooded the market with it.

So most of the scrubs won't master it, but many will have vast improvements (like ZZR) and several will become super-duper strong.

A bloodbath?

Or more deviously, make 5 versions. 100 copies each. 1 edition is the real deal and the other 4 are modified to cause fire deviation. That would drive people nuts.
    What you would be looking at would be attempts by certain individuals to use the opportunity to first weaken the wulin, and then attempt to get a wulin chancellor elected and conquer the wulin.

In fact, in GL's WuLin Wai Shi these happened preceding the main story.

Han Solo

TommyH
    Unregistered

Martial art geniuses would master any of the editions and defeat their enemies/do whatever they want. Most would die from fire deviation or improve a bit. Things would be similar to some things in wuxia series.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    LOL...not just the hot chicks all the DFBBs will be stalking you too...probably killing all those hot chicks to get your attention/homosexual love...
    Hence modified so none of them can actually master the darn skill.

Then add a final page at the back saying the whole castrating thingy was a joke and they did not have to castrate themselves.

From all the wuxia stories i don't think i have ever seen a pugilist read the end of the manual before starting to learn the skill.

From all the wuxia stories i don't think i have ever seen a pugilist read the end of the manual before starting to learn the skill.
    If he did, he'd probably find the index, which might, you know, help him find exactly what he's looking for.

Hence modified so none of them can actually master the darn skill.

Then add a final page at the back saying the whole castrating thingy was a joke and they did not have to castrate themselves.

I think ZWJ double-checked that the manual (we all know it's 9 Yang) he learnt in the cave was the genuine 9 Yang Manual that was able to rid the cold yin poison that circulated inside his body.

You also forget that these days in computing, when a software package is almost released it will undergo through what is known as beta-testing. Once it's checked to be free of errors or problems by others, the product is released to the market.

If it were something like 9 Yin, the strong will become stronger, while the mediocre would fire-deviate and die. The weak wouldn't understand the heavy taoist philosophies and gain no benefit.

Might be same thing as everybody on Hap Hak Island. Everybody pwns, but some more so than others.