Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Series: The Great Revival- Chen Daoming, Hu Jun, Zuo Xiaoqing, Ady An Yixuan

anyone watched this? how is it?

I'm up to episode ten. I love the storyline but I found Chen Daoming's acting a little bland. He speaks the same way throughout the show. Don't know if it's because of the live recording - just seemed a bit forced. The other actors actually shone. Hu Jun wasn't anything that special - solid acting but again nothing outstanding. I do like Zuo Xiaoqing - she looks similar to Shen Aojun though. The intricacies of palace politics are very well-carved. I wouldn't say the acting is "bad", just not outstanding and a bit tired for some of the veterans. Xi Shi hasn't appeared yet. I don't quite like Ady - too teeny bopper to carry off Xi Shi though she's ironically the right age. Not enough intensity. I hope they dub her though. The Taiwanese accent will be a sore thumb sticking out with all the Mainland Chinese veterans.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

I'd just rented this from SG's TS Video. Very heavy going like typical China historical dramas.

I thought the acting was superb! Very different from the typical melodramatics...very subdued, reserved acting.

Everything came together IMO, the lighting, the cinematography, the acting, the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    I don't quite like Ady - too teeny bopper to carry off Xi Shi though she's ironically the right age.
    Have you seen Ady in Yun Liang or Suo Qing Qiu - definitely not "teeny bopper" there. Maybe you're judging her by her early TW idol dramas?

Ady looks stunning as Xi Shi. Admittedly, her role doesn't have much depth, she certainly more than served the aim a eye-candy or just 'the beautiful one'. I think they made a right decision to choose her; apparently, there were many contestants throughout China for the role of Xi Shi. Two of the judges were CDM and HJ. Although, I found the reaction to how Xi Shi looked like not very consistent. I usually despise constant "Oh, she is so beautiful" comments, but this series seemed to go the other way. I thought, beside Queen and Fu Chai, Xi Shi was just 'another girl' to everyone. A bit more reaction to what she was famous for from the other characters would've made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I thought the acting was superb! Very different from the typical melodramatics...very subdued, reserved acting.

Everything came together IMO, the lighting, the cinematography, the acting, the music.

Have you seen Ady in Yun Liang or Suo Qing Qiu - definitely not "teeny bopper" there. Maybe you're judging her by her early TW idol dramas?

Ady looks stunning as Xi Shi. Admittedly, her role doesn't have much depth, she certainly more than served the aim a eye-candy or just 'the beautiful one'. I think they made a right decision to choose her; apparently, there were many contestants throughout China for the role of Xi Shi. Two of the judges were CDM and HJ. Although, I found the reaction to how Xi Shi looked like not very consistent. I usually despise constant "Oh, she is so beautiful" comments, but this series seemed to go the other way. I thought, beside Queen and Fu Chai, Xi Shi was just 'another girl' to everyone. A bit more reaction to what she was famous for from the other characters would've made sense.
    This is definitely an excellent series to watch;pretty hard to find the original copy.Luckily,I managed to get it and the acting is superb as mentioned,very epic,liked how things blended together especially toward the end. Highly recommended it
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.