Thread: Yeung Gor, pre-Heavy Iron Sword, vs. lesser Mongol mercenaries

Default Yeung Gor, pre-Heavy Iron Sword, vs. lesser Mongol mercenaries

Before he acquired the Heavy Iron Sword, Yeung Gor was no match for a Greats-level fighter such as the Golden Wheel Monk. Nevertheless, Yeung Gor already had no peer in the martial arts within his age group.

At the time that Yeung Gor went with Gwok Jing to Kublai Khan's base camp, how good were his martial arts compared to the other Mongol mercenaries such as Wan Hak Sai, Siu Seung Tze, and Lui Mor Singh? Was Yeung Gor already capable of taking down each of these guys one at a time?

At that time his technique wise was quite well. And he somehow reached advanced level of internal energy based on Huang Yaoshi and Guo Jing. Guo Jing spent whole night to control over Yang Guo's internal energy. His battle experience increased tremendously . Because he had several fierce battles with Golden Wheel Monk, Passionless Valley Master and Scarlet Serpent. So I believe he is capable of taking down Ma Guangzuo and Yin Kexi and give trouble to Xiaoxiang Zi and Nimoxing.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    At that time his technique wise was quite well. And he somehow reached advanced level of internal energy based on Huang Yaoshi and Guo Jing. Guo Jing spent whole night to control over Yang Guo's internal energy. His battle experience increased tremendously . Because he had several fierce battles with Golden Wheel Monk, Passionless Valley Master and Scarlet Serpent. So I believe he is capable of taking down Ma Guangzuo and Yin Kexi and give trouble to Xiaoxiang Zi and Nimoxing.
    Ma Gwong Jor was easy. It's possible that the two Mo Brothers could have taken down Ma...or fought him to a standstill.

It would have been interesting to see Yeung Gor fight one of the other three at that stage. Wasn't he actually fighting Siu Seung Tze very briefly during that melee?

I think YG of this point could already fight any one of them to a standstill at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think YG of this point could already fight any one of them to a standstill at least.
    I agree. When YG was able to "catch" the plate tossed over by ZBT, Xiao Xian Zhi and the other 2 immeditely recognized YG's abilities and thought that they wouldn't dare to catch the plate. Granted, YG did learn the actual QZ technique, but it should still place YG somewhere near XXZ.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Well I think it depends on the opponent. With DBS, JMSP, and 9 Yin I doubt he could be defeated by them, but defeating them is another story. I think with DBS alone YG could've taken some of the weaker mercs and at least fight to a draw or even win against the stronger.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Well I think it depends on the opponent. With DBS, JMSP, and 9 Yin I doubt he could be defeated by them, but defeating them is another story. I think with DBS alone YG could've taken some of the weaker mercs and at least fight to a draw or even win against the stronger.
    With all these, he is still no match to Li Mochou though.
    Last edited by shortsight; 08-15-07 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    With all these, he is still no match to Li Mochou though.
    he actually could easily defeat LMC if he had a "good" degree (not even mastered) of mastery on HYS's finger/sword technique. HYS told YG that his internal basis was strong enough to overcome LMC.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    he actually could easily defeat LMC if he had a "good" degree (not even mastered) of mastery on HYS's finger/sword technique. HYS told YG that his internal basis was strong enough to overcome LMC.
    By East Heretic Wong Yerk See's estimation, Yeung Gor was still three years away from attaining that degree of mastery, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    By East Heretic Wong Yerk See's estimation, Yeung Gor was still three years away from attaing that degree of mastery, however.
    But that proves that YG's internal is strong enough and the only thing he actually lacked was technique's mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    But that proves that YG's internal is strong enough and the only thing he actually lacked was technique's mastery.
    There are no doubts about Yeung Gor's internal power. That much was already established. Without that extra mastery, however, he was not going to defeat Lee Mok Sau one-on-one just yet.

Ive always felt the Mongol Mercenaries like Ni moxing were described to me much more powerful than they were portrayed. I think they should be quite a bit better than YG at this point, but there's no real scenes that show their superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There are no doubts about Yeung Gor's internal power. That much was already established. Without that extra mastery, however, he was not going to defeat Lee Mok Sau one-on-one just yet.
    I don't know about that. YG was thinking of sneaking out to attack LMC and his roar even frightened LMC. YG thought he could fight to at least a draw with LMC one v.s. one before HYS trained him. But we are getting far from the topic.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

At best YG only could tie with LMC then The Merceneries was one level above LMC so logically YG < The Merceneries but he still could give a decent fight for one of them..