Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nobuta Wo Produce

Quote Originally Posted by Moleitau
    Hey, can anybody tell me exactly what shitaka said to nobuta at the aquarium?? The subtitles I saw said 'ill' when he passed her her bag and touched her hand (collapsed old man scene...) 'ill'??? what does that mean?? I know her hands were dirty from wiping the old mans mouth but 'ill'??
    I think a more accurate translation is "disgusting", which was what the subs I saw displayed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Cool Kamapita Power...ENTER! ...er...EXIT!

I've finished this serial. It was so sweet and funny from beginning to end! A genuine friendship like the three of them shared is truly a blessing. I have a bunch of other school-related dramas I want to watch like GTO, Dragon Zakura, and HYD, but now I'm afraid they just won't measure up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I've finished this serial. It was so sweet and funny from beginning to end! A genuine friendship like the three of them shared is truly a blessing. I have a bunch of other school-related dramas I want to watch like GTO, Dragon Zakura, and HYD, but now I'm afraid they just won't measure up.
    Oh, Dragon Zakura is pretty good. You'll find the teacher that helps Abe Hiroshi kind of annoying for the first half of the drama because she keeps doubting him and gah it just gets annoying!

These are good dramas so don't worry.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Actually, I think that is a real concern....and yes, their friendship is to be envied.
    On retrospect, I think Shuji is really lucky to befriend Nobuta and Akira.

I had a hard time watching Dragon Zakura at first but its not that bad on the whole. As for Hana Yori, I am still stuck at episode 2 since I last saw it. I am watching 1 litre of tears now.

but you know what? I think this serial does not appeal to the 'mothers' i know. lent it to an older friend. Both my mom and her did not find the show fantastic so I think this serial appeals to the X or Y generation for various reasons. thus, I am hesitant to recommend this to older folks...my friend found the serial too 'exaggerated' which was actually part of the appeal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    but you know what? I think this serial does not appeal to the 'mothers' i know. lent it to an older friend. Both my mom and her did not find the show fantastic so I think this serial appeals to the X or Y generation for various reasons. thus, I am hesitant to recommend this to older folks...my friend found the serial too 'exaggerated' which was actually part of the appeal for me.
    Maybe they're just too far removed from their high school days. The main concept of the story is unrealistic, but I think the lessons embedded beneath are universal.

I never thought I'd like Kame since he's physically really not my type, but his portrayal of Shuji definitely changed my mind about him. It pays to not be shallow sometimes.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Maybe they're just too far removed from their high school days. The main concept of the story is unrealistic, but I think the lessons embedded beneath are universal.

I never thought I'd like Kame since he's physically really not my type, but his portrayal of Shuji definitely changed my mind about him. It pays to not be shallow sometimes.
    Kame is a good performer and actor based on what I have seen. He's indeed very skinny...when he wore that peasant outfit, his waist was practically non-existent. I like both him and Yamapi but Pi's more special.

Kame is a good performer and actor based on what I have seen. He's indeed very skinny...when he wore that peasant outfit, his waist was practically non-existent. I like both him and Yamapi but Pi's more special.
    I agree about Yamapi. He has the total package.

I saw Kame in a Kindaichi special prior to this, but didn't really take notice of him. Haha, yeah, his waist...see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I agree about Yamapi. He has the total package.

I saw Kame in a Kindaichi special prior to this, but didn't really take notice of him. Haha, yeah, his waist...see attached.
    Lady Zhuge,

you had seen Kame in Kindachi special and did not notice him? That's sad considering that he was the lead. Anyway, for some reason, my sis loves him in that. Have you seen the other special for 24 hr TV where he played a young cancer patient? I saw half of it and its not bad, plus I love the music accompanying it.

I think so too....you put the point across so well.

It does not mean that good looks equates to attraction and vice versa. Some people are just appealing for different reasons.

Lady Zhuge,

You might wish to watch 'Lunch Queen' too. Its a star-studded serial from 2002 (?)heartwarmimg family drama about a family with 4 sons that owns a western-Japanese family restaurant. Lots of eye candy, Pi in his darker-blonde days starred in a supporting role as the youngest son. I have seen a couple of episodes, stopped because am watching it together with my sister. its not bad..totally different genre from what I was watching previously that seemed to cater to the younger crowd. This one, my mom quite like it so far.

btw, i really like this fanvideo of the JE guys that I posted previously. seeing this thread is active now, I decided to post it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtko23Jvuck

Check it out....its really fun!
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-25-06 at 08:47 AM.

Lady Zhuge,

you had seen Kame in Kindachi special and did not notice him? That's sad considering that he was the lead. Anyway, for some reason, my sis loves him in that. Have you seen the other special for 24 hr TV where he played a young cancer patient? I saw half of it and its not bad, plus I love the music accompanying it.
    Yeah, I know...I think I was too busy checkin' out Hiro. I'm starting to get into Kindaichi anime now and hope to watch the live action series soon too.

Nope, I haven't seen that other special.

I've heard of Lunch Queen, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching it. My must-see list of Japanese series keeps growing by the day.

Fun videoclip you posted! Makes me feel like dancing and dipping tortilla chips in salsa.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah, I know...I think I was too busy checkin' out Hiro. I'm starting to get into Kindaichi anime now and hope to watch the live action series soon too.

Nope, I haven't seen that other special.

I've heard of Lunch Queen, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching it. My must-see list of Japanese series keeps growing by the day.

Fun videoclip you posted! Makes me feel like dancing and dipping tortilla chips in salsa.
    Who's Hiro?

yes, I love that clip! A fine example of a good fanclip.

Who's Hiro?
    He's one of the suspects in the special, played by Nakamura Shunsuke.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I watched the second special and the drawing game totally cracked me up. The first round with the Santa Claus went quite smoothly, but then Pi turned the second one into a rocket. By the last round, everyone was like "WTF?!?" Man, there are no language barriers when it comes to art.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I watched the second special and the drawing game totally cracked me up. The first round with the Santa Claus went quite smoothly, but then Pi turned the second one into a rocket. By the last round, everyone was like "WTF?!?" Man, there are no language barriers when it comes to art.
    Was Pi that bad? I thought Kame was worse..

Was Pi that bad? I thought Kame was worse..
    Kame didn't participate in this game.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Kame didn't participate in this game.
    I am lost now..I thought its the win lose or draw segment? can you post the link pl?

I am lost now..I thought its the win lose or draw segment? can you post the link pl?
    No, this is the second special I'm talking about. They played a chain drawing game where the first person is showed a picture and draws it within a limited amount of time, then the second person draws what s/he thinks the first person drew, the third person bases his/her drawing off the second person's, etc. and the last person has to guess what the original "thing" was based on the last artist's depiction. I didn't watch it on youtube, so I can't provide a link here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No, this is the second special I'm talking about. They played a chain drawing game where the first person is showed a picture and draws it within a limited amount of time, then the second person draws what s/he thinks the first person drew, the third person bases his/her drawing off the second person's, etc. and the last person has to guess what the original "thing" was based on the last artist's depiction. I didn't watch it on youtube, so I can't provide a link here.
    I see....thanks.