Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xiao/qiao feng say shaolin is superme!!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Default xiao/qiao feng say shaolin is superme!!

O.K. we all know qiao/xiao feng is the most unbeatable exponent in jin yong universe. his HL18Z is the most powerful of all it's users. but XF/QF primary skills aren't from the begger sect but from shaolin. in fact, XF doesn't only uses HL18Z when fighting. he uses serveral fist, claws and other techniques. the only techniques of begger's clan he seems to knows is HL18Z and dog beating skill. he was famous before becoming the chief of begger's clan so his skills must have been high well before learning HL18Z and DBstick. doesn't this show that shaolin is the best school of jin yong. XF learned pure shaolin skills, no freaky incidents where he ate a funny inner power increasing mushroom or a big flying hog taught him special skills or amazingly weird type kungfu manual. this should be evidence that shaolin skills are the best in jin yong; even 9yin/9yang, without snake blood & bladders and icy bed, magic peaches and fire frogs and whatever. nobody hit XF's level at his age(pre to mid thirties) without something to give them a boost. XF was the only one to do it with pure martial arts. the LOCH/ROCH greats took fifty yrs to hit his level.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Some people claims that Sweeper Monk has a close relatetion to XY sect or other taoist skills, but I dont believe this. I consider SM to be 100% shaolin and we all agree that SM is the ultimate MA in JY canon. So, yes Shaolin MA is the best. But not everybody can achive XF's level.

The reason, I think, that the other protagonists need the freaky incidents is that it makes the story more intresesting. XF does not have same story as the others; de debutes with all his skills ready for actions.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    Some people claims that Sweeper Monk has a close relatetion to XY sect or other taoist skills, but I dont believe this. I consider SM to be 100% shaolin and we all agree that SM is the ultimate MA in JY canon. So, yes Shaolin MA is the best. But not everybody can achive XF's level.

The reason, I think, that the other protagonists need the freaky incidents is that it makes the story more intresesting. XF does not have same story as the others; de debutes with all his skills ready for actions.
    People say SM has close relations to Xiao Yiao because SM would recongnize JMZ's primary internal-Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. When JMZ arrived at Shaolin, none of the Shaolin monks recognized Xiao Wu Xiang gong from JMZ except for XZ who is from Xiao Yiao Pai.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    O.K. we all know qiao/xiao feng is the most unbeatable exponent in jin yong universe. his HL18Z is the most powerful of all it's users. but XF/QF primary skills aren't from the begger sect but from shaolin. in fact, XF doesn't only uses HL18Z when fighting. he uses serveral fist, claws and other techniques. the only techniques of begger's clan he seems to knows is HL18Z and dog beating skill. he was famous before becoming the chief of begger's clan so his skills must have been high well before learning HL18Z and DBstick. doesn't this show that shaolin is the best school of jin yong. XF learned pure shaolin skills, no freaky incidents where he ate a funny inner power increasing mushroom or a big flying hog taught him special skills or amazingly weird type kungfu manual. this should be evidence that shaolin skills are the best in jin yong; even 9yin/9yang, without snake blood & bladders and icy bed, magic peaches and fire frogs and whatever. nobody hit XF's level at his age(pre to mid thirties) without something to give them a boost. XF was the only one to do it with pure martial arts. the LOCH/ROCH greats took fifty yrs to hit his level.
    Xiao Feng is this genius in fighting that appears like once every 1000 years. Therefore, him being able to use shaolin arts to reach such high levels of ROCH Greats is somewhat acceptable. Other talented monks are nowhere near the Greats.
    Shaolin being the best is only because of one thing, YJJ. Not the 72 arts. This is what MRB said- 慕容博向慕容复谈论《易筋经》时说道:“达摩老祖的易筋经我虽未寓目,但以武学之道推测,少林派所以得享大名,当是由这部易筋经而来那七十二门绝技,不能说不厉害,但要说凭此而领袖群伦,为天下武学之首,却还谈不上。”

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Xiao Feng is this genius in fighting that appears like once every 1000 years. Therefore, him being able to use shaolin arts to reach such high levels of ROCH Greats is somewhat acceptable. Other talented monks are nowhere near the Greats.
    Shaolin being the best is only because of one thing, YJJ. Not the 72 arts. This is what MRB said- 慕容博向慕容复谈论《易筋经》时说道:“达摩老祖的易筋经我虽未寓目,但以武学之道推测,少林派所以得享大名,当是由这部易筋经而来那七十二门绝技,不能说不厉害,但要说凭此而领袖群伦,为天下武学之首,却还谈不上。”
    YJJ only make Shaolin famous. Read carefully "少林派所以得享大名". How about Shaolin's "禅功", how would it compare to YJJ?
    ..ext88

Yeah, but MRB also said that the 72 arts are not enough to lead the society in martial arts.

The 72 Arts individually are not enough to lead the martial world.

But 72 of them together multiplied by your entire senior generation creates a very sizeable force. Most of the other schools had like a handful of elite fighters (think Wudang 7, Quanzhen 7, Beggar Sect with H7G only or Qiao Feng only) you can count on both hands. Shaolin had an entire generation of senior monks with all these 'almost' elite skills.

So Shaolin leads wulin due in part to its size as well as its institutionalised way of teaching. In some schools, I'd bet some skills are reserved for the favoured disciples or family members. Shaolin seems to give access to the 72 arts to all the ordained monks once they are capable of learning it.

Another part which was not specifically stated by JY but makes sense is that instead of 1,2 or 3 elite arts, they have 72. Different people have talents for different fighting tactics. e.g. If you are naturally inclined to use a sword, you won't have luck with beggar sect (stick and palm).

With Shaolin, if fist does't suit you, there is palm or finger skills or cudgel or head butting/toe stomping/hairpulling/nut kicking/eye gourging/face spitting/ear biting/shoe throwing etc etc etc.

In dgsd, I would take 'yoga' over yjj any day.

In all of jys novels, is there anyone with pure shaolin arts that is considered elite? I have serious doubts about sm being pure shaolin.

The abbott in xajh is the closest but I consider it more as a case of the true elites(like fcy) prefering to be seclusion. And all of the sect leaders of that time period sure didn't think their own stuff was so hot once they saw the ode to gallantry poem.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    The 72 Arts individually are not enough to lead the martial world.

But 72 of them together multiplied by your entire senior generation creates a very sizeable force. Most of the other schools had like a handful of elite fighters (think Wudang 7, Quanzhen 7, Beggar Sect with H7G only or Qiao Feng only) you can count on both hands. Shaolin had an entire generation of senior monks with all these 'almost' elite skills.

So Shaolin leads wulin due in part to its size as well as its institutionalised way of teaching. In some schools, I'd bet some skills are reserved for the favoured disciples or family members. Shaolin seems to give access to the 72 arts to all the ordained monks once they are capable of learning it.

Another part which was not specifically stated by JY but makes sense is that instead of 1,2 or 3 elite arts, they have 72. Different people have talents for different fighting tactics. e.g. If you are naturally inclined to use a sword, you won't have luck with beggar sect (stick and palm).

With Shaolin, if fist does't suit you, there is palm or finger skills or cudgel or head butting/toe stomping/hairpulling/nut kicking/eye gourging/face spitting/ear biting/shoe throwing etc etc etc.
    Unfortuently, this is not how Shaolin is suppose to be. Damo always said that martial arts are suppose to be used for being healthy (looks like Jue Yuan followed Damo's way), Later generations of monks later became obsessed with martial arts. Even with 72 arts, the most someone has mastered is 13 arts- 故老相传,上代高僧之中曾有人兼通一十三门绝技,号称“十三绝神僧”,少林寺建寺数百年,只此一人而已。少 林诸高僧固所深知,神山、道清等也皆洞晓。要说一身兼擅七十二绝技,自是欺人之谈。
    少林七十二门绝技之中,更有十三四门异常难练,纵是天资极高之人,毕生苦修一门,也未必一定能 够练成。

One can not contineously practice all 72 arts without harm unless they are very enlighten. By that point, I doubt they would still want to practice enough to attain mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiknew
    One can not contineously practice all 72 arts without harm unless they are very enlighten. By that point, I doubt they would still want to practice enough to attain mastery.
    That's true. SM did mention it before that when one is trully enlightened, that person wouldn't want to learn to hurtful and strong martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    People say SM has close relations to Xiao Yiao because SM would recongnize JMZ's primary internal-Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. When JMZ arrived at Shaolin, none of the Shaolin monks recognized Xiao Wu Xiang gong from JMZ except for XZ who is from Xiao Yiao Pai.
    Why is it so strange that SM recognize XYP skills. SM is old, he could have seen these skills when he was young. XYP may not be famous in DGSD, but they could have been very well known for like a 100 years before. In HSDS, Z3F was so old that no one really remembers who he had fought when he was young. Wulin is quick to forget it pasts. Only the really famous one is not forgotten.

Therefore, I still believe that SM is shaolin.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

I believe XYP was supposed to be very secret; TSTL made a big deal about how she knew about XYP before Wuyazi (indicating knowing about XYP is notable), and from what I've heard the only people who were supposed to know about XYP were either in XYP or else dead.

How do you know Xiao Feng doesnt have any freaky incident?! Maybe he got it before the novel started, since he was so powerful already at the start?!

Just kidding.

I think Xiao Feng is a pure martial arts genius, Shaolin MA might be good but XF talent is extremely high too. Imagine if he learned 9Yin/9Yang too.

If XF hasn't died, I wonder if there come a time when he would run into the same problems his dad and MRB suffered from.

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung

Speak for yourself. Not all people believe that stupid thrice damned sweeper monk is the best martial artist in the JY universe.

God I so hate sweeper and his crazy fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Speak for yourself. Not all people believe that stupid thrice damned sweeper monk is the best martial artist in the JY universe.
    Yeah, not all people believe that the Apollo mission to the moon was real too! It was shot on a studio set I think. Men on the moon! BAH!

IIRC, in an interview one person asked JY if SM was really that powerful and JY replied that he was. In another question one person asked in terms of inner power and external techniques who was superior? XF, DY, XZ or SM and JY said that it was SM.

So...yeah it think it was JY's intention to make SM all mighty.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    IIRC, in an interview one person asked JY if SM was really that powerful and JY replied that he was. In another question one person asked in terms of inner power and external techniques who was superior? XF, DY, XZ or SM and JY said that it was SM.

So...yeah it think it was JY's intention to make SM all mighty.
    Who else could beat the Elite fighters like they were babies?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i belive SM is what XF, GJ, and YG would have become if they lived to the age of the greats and kept improving their skills. he was the ultimate truth of martial arts, comprehension and cultivation of the spirit to the extreme.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/