View Poll Results: Who created Dugu Nine Swords?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dugu Qiubai created it himself.

43 76.79%
  • Yang Guo created it in the name of Dugu Qiubai.

7 12.50%
  • Giant Condor created it.

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who created Dugu Nine Swords?

Post Who created Dugu Nine Swords?

Who created Dugu Nine Swords?
    ..ext88

I think this DG9J is the first sword level of regular sword, Heavy iron, wooden.

giant condor hes like spiderman

Dugu 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I think this DG9J is the first sword level of regular sword, Heavy iron, wooden.
    There's some of us, Lanny and i included who felt that DG9J is the culmination of DGKB's arts. If used in certain ways that emphasises lightness and speed, it may appears to be similar to the DG9J as used by the Huashan duo of FQY and LHC, if it is used in a way that put emphasis on stillness overcoming cleverness, strength overcoming lughtness, it may be similar to YG's HIS.

DG9J is all encompasing, all dominating.

I personally don't think that it exactly follows the Heavy Iron way because we don't see anybody using DG9J was able to flat out overwhelm his opponent with brute force like how YG did to his opponents with the Heavy Iron.
    DG9J IMO is more like a art where you can find your opponent's weaknesses.

DG9J IMO is more like a art where you can find your opponent's weaknesses.
    That makes Dook Goo 9 Swords sound less unique than you'd imagine it'd be. I think Tai Chi Sword Technique also uses this guiding philosophy. Over in Gu Long's universe, Sai Mun Chui Sheut's unnamed sword technique also used this underlying philosophy.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think DGKB created DG9J...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That makes Dook Goo 9 Swords sound less unique than you'd imagine it'd be. I think Tai Chi Sword Technique also uses this guiding philosophy. Over in Gu Long's universe, Sai Mun Chui Sheut's unnamed sword technique also used this underlying philosophy.
    Well, what is LHC doing everytime when he uses DG9J? Most of the time LHC is trying to find the weakness of a stance. That just gives me the impression that DG9J is just a Break stance technique.

Well, what is LHC doing everytime when he uses DG9J? Most of the time LHC is trying to find the weakness of a stance. That just gives me the impression that DG9J is just a Break stance technique.
    It's one reason why we often joke that a Dook Boo Kau Bai vs. Sai Mun Chui Sheut duel would end up turning into an eternal staring contest. Both swordsmen depend on finding weaknesses in the opponent's technique. Hence, each would be waiting for the other to make the first move.

It's one reason why we often joke that a Dook Boo Kau Bai vs. Sai Mun Chui Sheut duel would end up turning into an eternal staring contest. Both swordsmen depend on finding weaknesses in the opponent's technique. Hence, each would be waiting for the other to make the first move.
    actually, I can imagine that.

Hi all. This is my theory of DG9J from all of the stuff FCY said in chapter 10 of XAJH and YG.

DGKB probably started off as a young lad in procession of good martial arts manual. Rigidly practiced its moves to exact perfection without any variation and along with a little MJST dependent on his sword being sharper than his opponents. Basically by the book.

The flexible sword. Weaved, waved, flashed and danced all over. Complex stuff. Started to connect individual and remove the connections between the moves/invent some postures not in manual. Maybe even created some original or variations of existing moves and possibility noticed holes in his own stuff/others.

Heavy sword. One time he probably ran into an elite with a high internal power.(like a 70 year old from the Qi breach vs a 70 year old sword branch of Wah sect in XAJH) All of the moves turned out to be useless. Met up with the Condor and saw his raw physical strength. Got the idea of practicing using something heavy for brute force training was the fastest way he knew to build up his internal power. Eventually realized what YG realized. The simpler the move, the harder to block ... with enough power/speed a simple thrust will do. Fancy and complex is out.

Wooden sword. Probably broke too many of them parrying the opponent stuff. So DGKB started to think the best defense(and protect his stick) is to go on offense. Maybe the lesson learned with the iron sword was flawed too. Being simple is well too simple. Began to attack with strategically placed thrusts/counters and find the opponents weaknesses.

No sword. Further development. Since there is no physical sword, DGKB is no longer limited by the physical placement of where his sword and hand is. Starts to broaden his thinking. Sees swords every where around him. Maybe a bit of ZBT of imaginary training and poking holes against yourself. Starts to break down all he learned so far into and micron movements of the sword and direction of where to go next. Simply 1 big continuous and choose your own adventure limitless move/variation.

As he starts getting older, DGKB realizes he just can't do the brute force training anymore. Starts to think of some way of countering high internal power users.

At end. Does the sword tomb thing and categorizes all he knew into 9 chapters. And finds a student too!
    Last edited by wishiknew; 07-04-06 at 08:34 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

DGKB did not leave behind any manual, all of his knowlegde was within his training methods and his swords. YG derived the essence and merged it with what he knows of 9yin, QZ and Ancient tomb with XLN's help. after the battle at xiangniang, he encountered all sorts of weapons on the battlefield plus the fights with all the exponents he faced, he came up with the 9swords to counter every weapon ever used.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

DGQB!

If just with a sword and no manual + the condor, YG can reach this stage.

DGQB must be great!

The problem is DGQB never left a manual and was forgotten of until YG came along.

And DG9J cannot be used with a blunt wooden sword IMO, since a lot of times LHC's attacks were only effective if his opponents were threatened by a sharp object...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

If DGQB created it, how was it passed down to the era of LHC?

If YG created it, then there is at least some plausible theory of how it was passed down.

We can only speculate.

Here is an old analysis that I did on this subject, with lots of input from some of the senior members in the same thread:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11876
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    If DGQB created it, how was it passed down to the era of LHC?

If YG created it, then there is at least some plausible theory of how it was passed down.

We can only speculate.
    I think we readers overanalyze everything sometimes. It might not be logical, but clearly JY meant for DG9 swords to have been created by DGQB and not anyone else. There's no mention of YG anywhere with DG9 swords, and most importantly, JY said in an interview that YG's swordmanship was not very good. If JY himself said that YG's swordmanship was not very good, then how could YG create DG9 swords which is described to be the best of sword fighting techniques?

The truth is that I created Dook Goo 9 Swords. I got stood up for a date one night, and the choice was between staying home to do my laundry or inventing an invincible sword technique. No choice at all, really.

The truth is that I created Dook Goo 9 Swords. I got stood up for a date one night, and the choice was between staying home to do my laundry or inventing an invincible sword technique. No choice at all, really.
    Hmm, then how come it is not called the Ken Cheng 9 Sword?
    And if you got stood up, shouldn't you be inventing the sad palm instead?

One day the inside of my nose was extremely itchy, so I invented the solitary Yang finger.

Anyone here claims to invent the KHBD? And what are the circumstances?
    Last edited by Single Whip; 08-08-06 at 07:57 PM.