Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurosagi クロサギ ~ The Black Swindler (starring Yamashita Tomohisa and Horikita Maki)

Thumbs up Kurosagi クロサギ ~ The Black Swindler (starring Yamashita Tomohisa and Horikita Maki)

I think this drama is new. Starring the leading stars from "Nobuta wo Produce" (interesting series, very short and concise and VERY different from korean, tvb, china series)

It has an interesting plot. I highly recommend it if your a fan of Yamapi or not (think that's his short name)

I only watched the first 3 episodes and it's getting really interesting!!!

Summary

Kurosaki, aka Kurosagi (Yamashita Tomohisa) is a swindler who targets professional swindlers. He defrauds money and gives it to the victims; he never keeps it for himself. His father was once set up by a swindler and planned a family suicide. Kurosagi managed to save his life but lost his whole family. The swindler was Katsuragi Toshio (Yamazaki Tsutomu) – the mastermind of all crooks. Despite knowing what Toshio did to his father, Kurosagi buys information off of him to capture other swindlers. Is there a way to free our world of swindlers?

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/kuro-sagi/

__________________________________________________ ______
    Credits: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kurosagi (Drama Wiki site)
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

The drama is not really new, it's from the spring season and the summer season has just started this week. It's not short for a jdrama, in fact other than specials and Taigas, jdramas usually have 9 to 12 episodes.

The story is fairly interesting but too episodic for my liking, and being adapted from a manga, some of the swindling stuff are too far fetched to be even mildly believeable. As much as I like Yamapi, his acting is really not good enough to take on the role of a swindler. His expression and the way that he talks pretty much remains the same whether he's in disguise or not. But I do enjoy watching him up to his tricks swindling people... let's just say I enjoy the show but it's not on my favourite jdramas list.

I confess I am watching the show only for the eye candy, if Kurosagi was starring anybody else other than Pi, I probably wouldn't watch it.

I agree with beansprouts.

Actually after waiting for the episodes with subs, I realised I got bored just seeing expressionless-Pi and the plots seem to lose steam. Maybe if I watched the whole show at one go, it will seem more intriguing but now just watching it so I can end the series.

Default Kurosagi

I know this jdrama is kinda old, but it seems interesting. Can anyone give me a short synopsis of the storyline? Is it worth watching? (I just want to see it mainly because of the main male actor, don't want to waste my download on something that isn't good).
    eric.fever

Actually, there's a thread about Kurosagi here - http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16604

From the other thread ---

Summary
    Kurosaki, aka Kurosagi (Yamashita Tomohisa) is a swindler who targets professional swindlers. He defrauds money and gives it to the victims; he never keeps it for himself. His father was once set up by a swindler and planned a family suicide. Kurosagi managed to save his life but lost his whole family. The swindler was Katsuragi Toshio (Yamazaki Tsutomu) – the mastermind of all crooks. Despite knowing what Toshio did to his father, Kurosagi buys information off of him to capture other swindlers. Is there a way to free our world of swindlers?

So every episode, we get to see Kurosagi going around swindling professional swindlers. Kinda predictable and too episodic for my liking. However, the eye-candy is good, very good.

This thread is so short, i did not even realize it existed. I agree with Beansprouts, if Yamapi was not the lead here, I prob would not watch it too.

But I do like the music for this serial..its appropriate and sound good.
    Last edited by strawberry; 09-21-06 at 09:02 AM.

If Kurosagi defrauds money from swindlers and gives it all to their victims, where does he get so much money to pay Katsuragi for information on even more swindlers?

I actually like this serial so far. The background riverdance-type music is especially refreshing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    If Kurosagi defrauds money from swindlers and gives it all to their victims, where does he get so much money to pay Katsuragi for information on even more swindlers?

I actually like this serial so far. The background riverdance-type music is especially refreshing.
    Indeed I do not get the logic either. maybe he always swindled back more and the additional money he uses to pay for info? I really do like the music for this serial, I really think its nice. Maybe you can share how you like this show after you finished it.
    Last edited by strawberry; 10-28-06 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Indeed I do not get the logic either. maybe he always swindled back more and the additional money he uses to pay for info? I really do like the music for this serial, I really think its nice. Maybe you can share how you like this show after you finished it.

I think a percentage of that money was for info............

Anyways, the point is, he gets back the money that was swindled and a bit extra for info.... He doesn't keep much to himself, that is why he is frugal
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I think a percentage of that money was for info............

Anyways, the point is, he gets back the money that was swindled and a bit extra for info.... He doesn't keep much to himself, that is why he is frugal
    Yeah, I mean if he had money for himself to spend, he wouldn't be eating ramen and instant noodles all the time.

But then what about that money that he keeps in the secret room behind the closet of many different clothes, shoes, watches, sunglasses/glasses and wigs that he uses to disguise himself.

Who here hates Tsurara's friend, who likes Kurosaki and pretends (at first) that she doesn't know that Tsurara likes him and tells Tsurara to help her with Kurosaki. Her eyes just looks so vicious and mean. The other girl who Tsurara talks to is more of a friend.

Is Kurosaki/Kurosagi a complex character?

I think so. A part of him likes to be a swindler that swindles Shirosagi (and sometimes akasagi) and would choose to be a swindler until he dies--just to rid the world of Shirosagis and avenge his family's death. And a part of him like Tsurara asks him "Are you Happy?", this lifestyle is painful for him because he can never forget his family's tragedy and move on and therefore, its a part of him that wants to be caught by that Investigator/Police Officer Kashina(sorry I'm not sure if I've got his name right)

There seems to be an ongoing theme with the sins of the fathers like Kurosaki's father, Kashina's real father, and Tsurara's father.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-28-06 at 12:09 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Even though the outcome of every episode is predictable, it's still pretty interesting to see how Kurusagi ends up swindling Shirosagi and Akasagi.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Indeed I do not get the logic either. maybe he always swindled back more and the additional money he uses to pay for info?
    That's really the only logical explanation I can think of. Like with the ring he swindled in episode 3, the victim only needed 3 million back so there'd still be plenty of extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Who here hates Tsurara's friend, who likes Kurosaki and pretends (at first) that she doesn't know that Tsurara likes him and tells Tsurara to help her with Kurosaki. Her eyes just looks so vicious and mean.
    I don't like that girl either. I find her just as annoying as Kurosaki does and her eyes definitely look unnatural. Speculation points to the knife, but I don't have any proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Is Kurosaki/Kurosagi a complex character?
    Definitely. Deep down, I don't think Kurosaki actually enjoys swindling. It's just a vehicle for revenge. Tsurara forces him to confront the tough questions, but he's still in denial and not ready to do so which is why he got all teary-eyed and wanted her out as soon as possible. Facing her is like facing the human side of himself that he lost during the family tragedy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Definitely. Deep down, I don't think Kurosaki actually enjoys swindling. It's just a vehicle for revenge. Tsurara forces him to confront the tough questions, but he's still in denial and not ready to do so which is why he got all teary-eyed and wanted her out as soon as possible. Facing her is like facing the human side of himself that he lost during the family tragedy.
    Yes, you're right. Episode 7 is a good example. Despite how he tries to keep her away and out, Tsurara always manages to break through his icy barrier. Just proves Kurosaki isn't heartless as the mask he wears seems like on the outside. Its like Tsurara has a way of making his weakness surface and he gets teary-eyed and he must hate that she has that kind of affect on him.

And geez Tsurara should realize that even if she wants to be a prosecutor and hate criminals, she just has to learn that love is meant to be irrational and so she can't approach love with a rational thought. Like that evil "friend" of hers keep telling her to get rational but how can she? If love is irrational?

Now I think I understand Katsuragi's relationship with Kurosaki. Sad. All that info money must be for his heart, right? But it also seems he has a diabetes problem too.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Katsuragi is indeed the swindler of swindlers. I knew it. Seriously do not understand why it must come to a full circle. With an ending like that, I want a sequel.

Hmm, chances of a sequel should not be high since Kurosagi did only moderately well in ratings. But there's always a chance of having a 2 hour drama special some time in the future. I certainly would like to see a more conclusive ending that the last ep of Kurosagi.

For some reason, I kept picturing Kurosaki as Dark from D.N.Angel. Maybe it's the hair in the eye thing and black outfits and the act of disguising himself (not neccesarily the disguises).

I found the ending kind of anticlimactic. Even though it's set up like there could potentially be a sequel, I can't bring myself to care either way.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Making clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxLD_Wss-wM

is it just me but I do find that Pi's spoken English is pretty accurate. His diction is quite good.

So many good Fan videos of Kurosagi, see which one you prefer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E497Ix1aG20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCLJNR6AkOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYmi2bMku0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzw_DUBKldQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5eEzoI62Y0

All are really good in their own way but I think i like the 3rd one best.
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-21-06 at 03:54 AM.

Last edited by strawberry; 11-22-06 at 09:59 AM.

I found some personality tests of Yamaki with English Subs! pretty nice to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqYh...ita%20kurosagi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Vwt...ita%20kurosagi