Thread: Was Yue Lingshan different from Guo Fu?

Post Was Yue Lingshan different from Guo Fu?

Was Yue Lingshan different from Guo Fu?

Although I personally feel that Yue Lingshan and Guo Fu were both willful at times when they young, but Yue Lingshan matured more when she grew older, while Guo Fu keeps getting worse.

Anyone here pity Yue Lingshan's plight at the end?
    ..ext88

i pity Yue Ling Shan. Although she was wilful and chose Lin Ping Zhi over LHC, she showed some courage at the end of the novel and stayed true to LPZ even after what had happened. I didn't like her in the novel, however i class her in a different category to Guo Fu.

Although both were wilful, Yue Lingshan didn't seem to be as mean as Guo Fu.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Yue Lingshan was more blinded by love and Guo Fu is just plain stupid.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Cool

yue lingshan had her reasons. but guo fu was UNreasonable. emphsis on UN. ah zi(DGSD), guo fu(ROCH), ding dang(OTG). they were the top three *itches of their time.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

yue lingshan had her reasons. but guo fu was UNreasonable. emphsis on UN. ah zi(DGSD), guo fu(ROCH), ding dang(OTG). they were the top three *itches of their time
    I dunno....i think i might have gotten used to GF near the end of the novel so her antics seemed effect me less. In pokits latest translaton (billion thx by the way pokit!!!! ) when YLS accused LHC for stealing the buddhist robe and injuring YZP i was thinking wow...what a total biyatch!!!
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Spoilers:

I believe that she also stabs him in the chest later on. WHich would upgrade her to a heartless biyatch.

And do anyone knew if she ever apologized in the end b4 she croaks?
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

actually the stabbing thing was LHC's fault. it was during the duel to elect the leader for the five mountains school and LHC and yuelingshan were up. they went into some kind of daydream and used the swordplay they created but at the crucial moment, LHC accidentally knocked the sword out of her hand into the air. it would have hit her but he got in the way. actually that was the adaption but i'm sure it was true enough to the story.

i just finished read the novel, wow.. its quite different from the tv series... i watched the 84, 96, and 2000 richie ren version but only remember the richie ren version..

1. in the series they show a lot of the love growing process between lin ping zhi and yue ling shan, usually i think the novel more makes sense than the tv series but in this case i prefer the tv series

2. at least in the series its yue ling shan who kill herself and lin ping zhi still have heart, in the novel at first until almost at the end lin ping zhi is still polite and gentle young man, but after that everything is changed 18- degree, it doesn't make sense he turn evil like that

3. so how is lin ping zhi at the end of story? is that it ? he is imprisoned in the underground dungeon? i'm not satisfied..

i got to say this, LHC is one of my favorite characters but he's also a kind of a dumbass sometimes. he gets into these flights of fancy and totally makes the wrong decisions.like when he thought the four playfellows threw him into prison but it was ren woxing. two of them got killed and he just forhets that he became friends or the eldest playfellow tried to help him with his precious pill. he just got into liking RWX's character and went along with him. he forgot about stopping LC from becoming the leader of the five sects and purposely hurt himself to make his little sister win. when it comes to heroism, he lacks a lot when it comes to making the right decision compared to jin yongs other characters.

YLS was cruel in her own way, but her actions were somewhat understandable. GF is in a different class altogether...who chops off people's arms and then don't even feel too guilty about it? I don't get why HR and GJ never disowned her.

Yue Lingshan never did anything wrong. She had a childhood crush on Linghu Chong, but then fell in love with someone else. Nothing wrong with that and completely normal for a teenage girl. She was loyal to her husband and father, and the only thing that was wrong from the novel reader's perspective is suspecting Linghu Chong which is completely reasonable considering he randomly started having crazy sword arts after a legendary sword manual became missing.