Mok Fung
    Sima Mei Yin - Tavia Yeung
    Sima Lok Yun
    He Git
    Mr. & Mrs. He
    Chan Gwok Ho
    Tong Yi Ting

-----------------------------------------------------------

This night, the city of Luo Yang doesn’t seem to be getting anymore peaceful. Right in the middle of night, a group of ten unknown men guarded with heavy weapons, tough armor, and large black stallions marched into the city with an aura of threat floating around them. The city gates quickly opened as the guards saw the golden card with the emperor’s name on it, proving that they were people of the emperor. The marched right to their destination, the He family. This group of people were Chan Gwok Ho and the nine of his best soldiers.

Mrs. He was in the main room, still thinking about the incident with the White Warrior. She wasn’t able to sleep and Mr. He accompanied her.

“Wife, don’t think that much about it. You’ve been up so long. If you don’t sleep, you’ll have bags under your eyes tomorrow,” said Mr. He as he leaned over to touch her cheeks.

“Little sister!” shouted a strong and happy voice from outside. Mr. and Mrs. He quickly turned their heads and saw that it was Chan Gwok Ho.

“Big brother!” greeted Mrs. He happily as she went over to give him a hug. Her face changed from a complete frown into a beautiful and glamorous smile. “Brother, why, how--- how did you arrive so quickly?”

“Well, I guess was closer to Luo Yang than I thought I was! So I’ve marched day and night so I can be here as fast as I can! I certainly have to come early to attend my nephew’s wedding!” said Gwok Ho happily.

“Don’t mention that. It’s been canceled,” said Mrs. He as she sat down at a chair sadly.

“Canceled? Why? Was the girl someone whom Ah Git doesn’t want?” said Gwok Ho.

“When have you seen He Git not wanting ANY girl?” said Mr. He.

“That IS true,” said Gwok Ho teasingly.

“He still wanted her, but it was us who canceled the wedding,” said Mrs. He.

“You? Why?” asked Gwok Ho curiously.

“Brother, it is because of you,” said Mrs. He.

“Me?” said Gwok Ho. “What does this have to do with me?”

“We found the White Warrior,” said Mr. He.

“WHAT? Where is he now?” said Gwok Ho in sudden shock and anger.

“His son had an affair with the girl whom He Git wanted. His son wanted to run away with her, but we caught him on his second attempt and He Git held him down. Later, his father arrived and rescued him. At his attempt, I was able to catch that he was the White Warrior by the opening of his fan,” said Mrs. He.

“His son has martial arts that are below He Git’s level? That seems impossible for a son of such a warrior! He Git may be interested in martial arts, but I have never viewed his ability as superior. His son must have been injured or something,” said Gwok Ho.

“What’s all the sound?” groaned He Git as he stepped out.

“Nephew!” greeted Gwok Ho.

“Uncle?” said He Git as he rubbed his eyes to get a clearer view. “Uncle!”

“How are you little nephew?” said Gwok Ho happily.

“No so good. I WAS happy a while ago until my parents canceled my wedding,” said He Git as he glared at his parents.

“They canceled it for our own good,” aid Gwok Ho.

“Our own good? What does the White Warrior’s family have to do with ours? Mei Yin’s family doesn’t even carry the surname of Mok!” said He Git.

“Mei Yin? That’s a really pretty name. How about this, uncle promise that you’ll have an even prettier wife than her,” said Gwok Ho.

“Really?” said He Git doubtfully.

“Oh, of course! When has Uncle ever lied to my favorite nephew?!” said Gwok Ho.

“Favorite? I bet you say the same thing to Wai Hung! It all doesn’t matter now,” said He Git.

“First of all, tell me where the Mok family lives. I have to see them for something,” said Gwok Ho.

“Why?” questioned He Git.

“The White Warrior was the one who caused the death of your aunt. He possessed a powerful martial art that threats the whole world. With it, he can kill anyone he wants at any time! I must take it from him before he kills more people,” said Gwok Ho.

“They are THAT powerful? It doesn’t seem like it for a family who owns a medicine shop at the east side of the city, especially if his son lost against me. You know my martial art is not that great, said He Git.

“East side of the city? Tell me where it is,” said Gwok Ho.

“No need to hurry, I’ll draw you a map,” said He Git. Chan Gwok Ho smiled as he saw his second chance’s arrival after all these years of hunting Tian Hau down. What WAS his real reason for getting the Ching Sum Kuet? There certainly has to be more than just controlling the martial world!

At the Sima Manor, Mei Yin was locked up inside her room. She couldn’t sleep. She knew that she didn’t have to marry He Git now and that Ming Hei is safe, but she still had an uneasy feeling inside her that kept her awake. She needed someone to talk to. That was when she realized that Siu Chun was no where near for a long time already. She thought that his father kept her away from her when her father found her from the cave so she can’t help her escape anymore, but she is no where to be seen now. Mei Yin banged on the doors, threatening them to open it or else she’ll break them open with her nine section whip. After her threat, the doors quickly opened and her father stood right there.

“Is threatening one of the duties of a fair lady?” said Lok Yun madly.

“Where is Siu Chun?” said Mei Yin coldly.

“Does it matter? She’s just a regular servant. There are many other servants for you to use here!” said Lok Yun.

“I want Siu Chun! Where is she?!” demanded Mei Yin.

“Is there a reason for you to speak so loud to your father?! Siu Chun has been sold to a brothel,” said Lok Yun.

Mei Yin’s eyes widen with shock. Tears slowly gushed out of her eyes. “Brothel?! What’s the matter with you father? What did she ever do to deserve something like that to happen to you? She’s the closest friend I ever had besides Mun Yi! Why do you have to do this to me?” cried Mei Yin.

“She’s a lower class who we found in the streets of Chang’an! I do not see any reason for her to stay after she had betrayed us like that!” said Lok Yun. “Stay in this room and don’t you dare threat the guards outside to open the doors again! If you do, I shall trap you in the firewood room instead of this room!”

Lok Yun left and locked the doors. Mei Yin swiped the things off the table and she sat there sobbing. Even the guards outside felt her pity, they were told to never open the doors and that was their order. They can not disobey. This was their job.

In the streets ten men in heavy army marched towards the east side of the city. It seemed like an aura of threat was can be seen with the naked eye. They stormed towards Ming Hei’s house, forcefully and powerfully. Nothing could stop their way. No one would. Once they reached the outside of his house, they stood there and waited for instructions. Chan Gwok Ho just stood there thinking.

‘The White Warrior truly is the White Warrior. The safest place is always the most dangerous place!’ thought Gwok Ho.

“Break open the doors for me!” commanded Gwok Ho. Under his command, the nine men of his unsheathed their heavy swords and attempted to destroy the doors.

At this time, Tian Hau was traveling back to his house from when he traveled earlier. Next to him was Tong Yi Ting. He has gone to depart with Yi Ting earlier, but Yi Ting wanted to come by and see Ming Hei for one last time. Once they were close to their destination, they noticed a group of people trying to break in. Tian Hau pulled Yi Ting to the side to make sure she knows what is going on first.

“Are they robbers?” asked Yi Ting nervously.

“It doesn’t look like it from the way they dressed and the way they are trying to break through,” said Tian Hau.

“Then who can they be?” asked Yi Ting.

Just then, Tian Hau noticed Chan Gwok Ho in the bunch. “Chan Gwok Ho?!” said Tian Hau with shock.

“Chan Gwok Ho? How did he ever find his way here?” said Yi Ting in astonishment.

“I have no idea, but I HAVE to get Ming Hei out of there right this instant! They are here for the Ching Sum Kuet, and they will do whatever they need to do to get their hands on it. Stay right here, Yi Ting,” commanded Tian Hau.

“Brother Mok!” said Yi Ting. Before she can say more, he was gone already.

Tian Hau jumped onto the roof of his house. As he jumped, he held the pain in his chest brought by He GIt’s palm by clenching his chest with his hand. The pain bothered him more than he thought when he uses inner strength. Somehow, he felt that he has felt this type of pain somewhere before. A sudden flashback brought him to conclusion that it was the Chan Family Palm of Chan Gwok Ho. He believes that He Git must have some like of relationship with Chan Gwok Ho, and that is probably how he got here. After seeing that the people are having difficulty breaking the door, he quickly got off the roof and entered through a secret back door he had built before in case of emergency.

“Ming Hei, Ming Hei, wake up!” said Tian Hau as he shoved his son.

“Father?” said Ming Hei sleepily.

“Hurry, we have to leave leave RIGHT now,” said Tian Hau nervously.

“That fast? It’s not even morning yet,” groaned Ming Hei as he turned his head and went back to sleep.

“Get up before it’s too late! NOW!” commanded Tian Hau.

Ming Hei unwillingly got up and got his stuff as Tian Hau went to wake up Ah Fung.

“Wake up Ah Fung, we have to leave RIGHT now. Do NOT ask why, hurry!” said Tian Hau. Ah Fung did as told without any hesitation. As they were about to exit the room, the doors in the front broke open and there stood Chan Gwok Ho and his nine loyal soldiers.

Gwok Ho released a grin onto his face. “Where are you leaving so fast, Mok Tian Hau?” said Gwok Ho.

“Chan Gwok Ho! Why can’t you just stay out of my life?!” said Tian Hau.

At the sound of the name, Ming Hei has completely woke up. His eyes quickly widened at the sight. “Chan Gwok Ho? He’s that good-for-nothing Chan Gwok Ho?” said Ming Hei surprisingly.

“Your son is very handsome and incredibly funny, Tian Hau. You know what I’m here for. Hand it over so our time wouldn’t be wasted!” commanded Gwok Ho.

“You want it? In your next life!” said Tian Hau. “Ming Hei, back up!”

Tian Hau then jumped forward as he pulled out his flute. Ming Hei backed up with Ah Fung as terror filled their eyes. Gwok Ho unsheathed his sword and the battle began.
    Last edited by kaiyi; 11-25-06 at 03:08 PM.
    s.imple desires <-- click!

CHAPTER 51: Too Much Happened in Too Little Time

Characters:
    Mok Ming Hei - Benny Chan
    Mok Tian Hau
    Mok Fung
    Chan Gwok Ho
    Tong Yi Ting

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gwok Ho charged forward as he used a combination of all the martial arts he learned throughout his life in a hasty manner. All he cared about was to get the Ching Sum Kuet at this moment, nothing else. As he attacked, Tian Hau blocked them all easily, but he seemed to be having difficulty as this prolonged because of the pain in his chest was growing. Gwok Ho smirked. He Git told him that he palmed Tian Hau in the chest with their family palm. Even if he looked like he felt no pain during the time he was palmed, pain is doomed to grow. The more energy the person uses, the more pain he’ll feel. That was the characteristic of their Chan Family Palm. Gwok Ho unsheathed his sword and swiped it towards Tian Hau’s hips. Tian Hau blocked with his flute. As they tried to fight off each other’s weapon, Gwok Ho suddenly pushed a force of inner strength into his sword and casted Tian Hau into the wall.

“Father!” said Ming Hei terrifyingly as he ran over to help his father up.

“Ming Hei, stay with your mother! Go!” commanded Tian Hau.

“So your name is Ming Hei? What is sweet name you have,” said Gwok Ho.

“Shut up!” shouted Ming Hei. Tian Hau slowly stood back up with the support of Ming Hei. “Father, are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” said Tian Hau. He then faced Chan Gwok Ho once again. “How is He Git related to you?”

“He’s my nephew. Hand over the Ching Sum Kuet, or else today will be the day of your death!” said Gwok Ho.

“Why do you want the Ching Sum Kuet anyways? It’s known to be an unlucky martial arts manual throughout the martial world, yet everyone desires this piece!” said Tian Hau confusedly.

“The power that the Ching Sum Kuet holds is far beyond your imaginations. The view of it as being unlucky is only caused because of the limited power you are allowing it. Only the ones who carry the blood of the inventor know its limits,” said Chan Gwok Ho. He picked up his sword raised it to his hips as he kept a steady and threatening glare at Tian Hau. He charged forward as he cast multiple kinds of attacks of various martial art sects on him. Tian Hau pushed Ming Ming aside and struggled to blocked every one, but the pain in his chest was progressing to the state where he is unable to demonstrate the utmost power of the Ching Sum Kuet. At this moment where he tried to hold this pain that increased and surged through his blood, Gwok Ho kicked him right in the stomach and palmed him right on the head with the Chan Family Palm, causing him to fly across the room and into the shelf. Tian Hau spat out a gulp of blood as weariness arose in his body.

“Father!” screamed Ming Hei in terror as he ran over.

“Quick, get out of here,” said Tian Hau under his breathe.

“I will not leave you father,” said Ming Hei.

“You think someone of your martial arts standard can protect your whole family? Bring it on!” said Gwok Ho as he held is sword up and ready to fight once again.

Ming Hei glared threateningly into his eyes. Flames of anger were seen within them. He stood up and unsheathed his sword.

“Ming Hei! No!” commanded Tian Hau. It was too late.

Ming Hei jumped forward and an exchange of attacks occurred between the two. Ming Hei was at a disadvantage. Their house was too small for him to use the power of the Ching Sum Kuet at his current martial arts status, but he was eager to fight and that kept him going. They fought on and on, and Ming Hei seemed to get weaker and weaker by the moment, but his determination and eagerness to continue was unbelievably strong. Gwok Ho realized that this boy wasn’t as easy as he thought, his heart ruled his mind. As they fought, Gwok Ho’s soldiers seized Ah Fung and held her by the neck and Gwok Ho retreated by his soldiers.

“Mother!” cried Ming Hei.

“Ming Hei! Leave with your father right now!” commanded Ah Fung.

“No! We can’t leave you here like this!” said Ming Hei.

“Mok Tian Hau, you are useless. What kind of man are you if you can’t protect your family? Your death is near and so is your family’s. Hand over the Ching Sum Kuet right now and I’ll spare your lives,” said Gwok Ho.

“Leave without me. Tian Hau, I know that I will not be the one who is inside your heart, but you are and will be the only in mine.  I know that you still believe me as an enemy, the least I can do to prove to you that I’m not is to protect you right now. Leave!” said Ah Fung as tears trickled down her face.

Tian Hau just stared at her expressionlessly. Why is she doing this for him? Why is she being so kind to him during these years where he acted as if she wasn’t there? Why is she willing to lose her life just to safe his and Ming Hei’s?

“So you WANT to die?” said Gwok Ho as he lifted his palm. He palmed the Chan Family Palm right onto her head and she fainted at the instance.

“Mother!” cried Ming Hei as he was about to jump forward to attack him once again.

Just then, a small smoke bomb dropped in from the window and covered the area in white smoke as a strong palm hit the soldiers of Gwok Ho right in the chest at an incredible speed and grabbed Ah Fung from their hands. The hands then tapped Ming Hei’s shoulder, causing him to turn around to see the face of this mysterious rescuer. That was when he realized that it was Siu Lan’s mother, Tong Yi Ting.

“Quick! Hold on tight to your father!” said Yi Ting. Ming Hei did as told without hesitation and Yi Ting pulled their family out of danger. She held onto Ah Fung and Ming Hei as Ming Hei held onto his father and the belongings of his which he did not let go of. Once the smoke was all gone, Gwok Ho noticed that they were all no where to be seen.

“Who was that?” pondered Gwok Ho angrily and curiously. His conquest has failed once again.

Yi Ting did not let them go until they reached the outskirts of the city. She landed them right beneath the hill of where she lived with Siu Lan.

“It’s safe here,” said Yi Ting after she examined her surroundings.

“Father! Mother! Are you okay?” said Ming Hei fearfully as he went by their side. Tian Hau and Ah Fung were both injured. Ming Hei realized that the Chan Famly Palm has placed his parents’ lives in jeopardy.

“Son---” started Tian Hau. He spat out a gulp of blood as he struggled to breathe.

“No! No, father! You can’t leave like this!” cried Ming Hei.

“Yi Ting promised me to take care of you if anything happened to me, and I guess that promise will have to be put into action,” said Tian Hau as he smiled at Yi Ting.

“Don’t worry Brother Mok, I’ll take good care of Ming Hei,” said Yi Ting expressionlessly but promisingly as she tried to hold back her tears.

“Son, you are the White Warrior now. This green jade amulet with our real surname ‘Mok’ on it, this flute you always desired, and this fan that has always remained as a mystery for you all belong to you now. Carry the proud surname of Mok and live on its fame,” said Tian Hau as he slowly handed the items to his son.

“No father! If this is the way I’m going to get the flute, I will NOT take it! Father, don’t go, please. I can’t live without you. If you aren’t here, who will save me when get into trouble? Who will teach me about herbology? Who will go up into the mountains to gather herbs with me? Who will yell at me when I do things wrong? Who will teach me the rest of our family’s martial art? I’m only on level 8, I can’t get to level 9 without your help!” cried Ming Hei as he pushed his father’s hands that held the items away.

Tian Hau smiled and placed the items onto his son’s arms. “Level 9 is only reached if you love more than one person, with both being loved equally; it will come to you automatically when that happens. Being faithful to one person is important, but our case is different. Some people view the White Warrior was a player, but both know that our story differs. You will love someone and love them forever, and this will apply for all the women in your heart. That is a guaranteed promise. I know that Mei Yin will always be in your heart, and I hope that the second person who will allow you to reach level 9 is Siu Lan. I know that Siu Lan always liked you, do not just discard her love for you. She’s very gentle and fragile with these things. You know it.

“This fan you hold is the strongest weapon of our family. This jade amulet is how people recognize you as the White Warrior. Everyone in the Martial World who sees this jade amulet will know who you are and will be very willing to help you if they are on your side. The words printed on this fan, ‘Sum Yau Ling Tong Yut Dim Tong (If two hearts are linked, anything can be accomplished),’ is the other way for people to recognize that you are the White Warrior. So if it’s not needed, try to not use the fan as your weapon in a battle unless you really have to. Now, this fan has the ultimate power to control nature. Use it wisely. This flute holds the power to control the nature through the tunes played into it. This little flute will bring the powers of nature under your commands as you direct it with the speed of the tune and the thoughts of your mind. The long sword you possess is the simplest way to get the Ching Sum Kuet to work, but because of its length, its weakness is that you need a distance between you and your opponent before you use its utmost power. The good thing is that it allows you to use the simpler and easier powers of nature so that people will not be suspicious that you are the White Warrior. These three treasures of the Ching Sum Kuet hold miraculous powers. They have a life and will only listen to the one who they believe if worthy enough to be their owner. Treat them well and they will do the same to you. Understand?” said Tian Hau.

“Yes, yes I do father,” sobbed Ming Hei as he held tightly onto the items.

“Son, besides all these things to remember, you can’t forget that today is your birthday. Too much has happened and you have forgotten this day. In the past, you would be whining about a celebrating a month before. Happy 19th birthday, son. You will be 19 once the sun rises across the horizon. You are a grown boy now, all these things that the White Warrior holds will be your present,” said Tian Hau.

“Father…” sobbed Ming Hei.

“Now, go see Ah Fung, I’m not the only one here who has last words to say to you,” said Tian Hau.

“Mother,” said Ming Hei as he looked upon the pale face of his mother and grasped her hand.

“Ming Hei, I know that you already knew that I’m not your real mother, but I’m very thankful that you are calling me your mother after you found out about this all. No matter what, you are still my son at heart. I love you. You’ll live fine without me by your side,” said Ah Fung as tried to release a faint smile.

“No! I can’t live without you either! Who will clean my laundry for me? Who will pick up after me? Who will help me if I get into trouble? Who will wake me up in the morning? Who will cook my meals? You are the only one who knows my tastes! You know what a picky eater I am!” cried Ming Hei.

“Yi Ting here can do all of that. Now, you must live strong and carry the proud surname of Mok and keep the Ching Sum Kuet safe. It is not a written document, so it will be completely safe with you. Promise me that you will pass it on to your own sons and daughters one day. Forget about me and everything that happened this night. Happy 19th birthday, son,” said Ah Fung. She turned her head towards Tian Hau and said, “Tian Hau.”

Tian Hau turned his head and looked at Ah Fung. “I know how much you hated me for taking you away from Ling Seung, but I really, I really do love you,” said Ah Fung. “No matter what you do to me or how you treat me, you will always be the one in my heart.  I will love you this life, next life, and ever single life afterwards.”

“Ah Fung…” said Tian Hau as he felt the warmth of her words for the first time in his life. He held out his hand and Ah Fung grasped it tightly as tears trickled down their cheeks. Ah Fung has never felt the grasped of his hand like that before where he actually wanted to hold hers. They smiled at each other. Just then, Tian Hau looked at Ming Hei for one last time. He used all the energy he had left and bounced himself so that his head and Ming Hei’s head were touching.

“Father! What are you doing?!” yelled Ming Hei as he felt a source of energy flowing into his body.

“I’m giving you the inner strength that I have from all these years. This will do you good for the rest of your life. I’m dying soon, there is no reason for me to carry this energy away with me,” said Tian Hau as he transferred all his powers within the last 30 something years that he has been practicing martial arts to Ming Hei.

“No! Don’t do this father! You will die if you do!” said Ming Hei when he tried to stop him. He was too powerful for Ming Hei to stop. When Tian Hau was done transferring his energy to his son, he dropped onto the floor and struggled to hold his son’s hand.

“Make good use of the energy. Goodbye son,” said Tian Hau. He then held Ah Fung’s hand once again and then at the same time, they smiled at each other, closed their eyes, and passed away, with their hand held tightly together and not letting go.

“No!! Father! Mother!” cried Ming Hei as he held onto them tightly. They were getting cold. The warm feeling that they had just a minute ago left their body.

“Father, mother, please don’t play with me. It’s almost morning. We have to wake up and open our store. Mother, you have to start making breakfast now. Father, you have to go take the herbs off the drying racks with me. Wake up, please. Please wakeup,” said Ming Hei as he tried to smile as if this was a game that his father was playing. He held his hand tightly on top of his mother and father’s.

The power of the three shall never diminish from the face of this world. Tears trickled down his face and wetted the clothing of his parents. Yi Ting stood aside of them, watching as this tragedy happened. Tears dropped down her face and wetted her face; she couldn’t hold them back any longer.

“Father, mother, please don’t leave me,” sobbed Ming Hei once last time. He wiped the tears on his face. He realized that his parents really are gone now and he can’t bring them back. He just couldn’t accept the truth that his parents have passed away that fast. Too much happened in too little time. He just knelt besides his parents and sobbed for them.

---------------------------------------------------------

sorry for updating this late.. i had a lotta school work and that kept me from writting. ty for waiting. plus this part of the story is almost ending (see first post).. please leave comments or PM me on whether you would like to read it.. i was also thinking about adding a 'facts and figures' page like the ones they have on wuxiapedia.com that explained some stuff that was unclear in the story. silent readers, please leave comments on wht u think! itd be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by kaiyi; 11-25-06 at 03:08 PM.

awww. they died when its almost his birthday... from now on, he'll problaly hate his birthday... and when Chan Gwok Ho said that only the descendents know the power of the kungfu, im like 'wow u act like ur the descendent when mok tian hau is' lolss xD
    i bet next, ming hei's gonna want his revenge!
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

hehe... i think the last part of this chapter will help you answer why he said that.

`

CHAPTER 52: A Change for Life

Characters:
    Mok Ming Hei - Benny Chan
    Tong Yi Ting
    Tong Siu Lan - Leila Tong
    Chan Gwok Ho

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ming Hei, why don’t we bury them together so they can rest in peace?” suggested Yi Ting.

Ming Hei slowly raised his face, a sad and depressing face that was never seen before. He nodded his head. So right at that spot under the hill where Siu Lan and her mother lived, was Tian Hau and Ah Fung’s burial ground. This was the safest spot for their burial too. Yi Ting has told Ming Hei that hardly anyone goes by this hill, for people believed that it will be bad luck because a deadly battle once occurred here between a single clan. Yi Ting does not believe in this bad luck and decided that this is their designated spot to stay, and since this, this became their family’s permanent home. So right there Ming Hei dug up the dirt of the land by hand. Yi Ting urged him from digging with his hands, because they have become bloody and looked very painful, but Ming Hei did not listen and pushed her away when she tempted to stop him.

“This is the least I can do for my parents and this must be done,” said Ming Hei as he continued digging. Yi Ting sighed. She knew there was nothing to stop him. After they were buried, Ming Hei carved their names onto a single piece of wood with his sword and placed them on top of their graves. Ming Hei and Yi Ting kowtowed to the two.

“Father, mother, goodbye,” said Ming Hei as he fell to his knees and allowed tears to trickle down his face once again.

“Brother Mok, Mrs. Mok, I will take good care of your son. I will not have you regret the decision of giving me this responsibility,” said Yi Ting. “Ming Hei, why don’t we go to my house so I can show you your room?”

“I want to stay here for a little more,” said Ming Hei stubbornly.

“We can stay for a little more then,” said Yi Ting. She looked upon the horizon and realized that the sun was about to come out when she noticed the change in colors. “Ming Hei, morning is arriving. We should return.” Ming Hei looked up at her and nodded. He followed her up the mountain as he kept his head low. He sobbed so much that no more tears were able to come out of his eyes. They were dried.

Siu Lan got up that morning and realized that her mother wasn’t around. She realized that she must have been out collecting flowers that bloomed right at sunrise, so she made some congee breakfast for her mother to eat when she returns. As she placed the food out on the table, her mother was seen at the door.

“Mother, back already? Where did you go this early?” said Siu Lan. Right then, she saw Ming Hei standing right behind her mother. His head was down and his eyes were puffy and red. “Ming Hei? Why are you here?”

Ming Hei didn’t answer. He didn’t even look at her. All he did was stared at the ground.

“Are you okay Ming Hei?” said Siu Lan.

“Siu Lan,” said Yi Ting. She signaled for her daughter to walk away. “I’ll talk to you later,” whispered Yi Ting into Siu Lan’s ear as she walked past her. Siu Lan was confused at what is happening, but she managed to listen to her mother.

“Ming Hei, follow me,” said Yi Ting as she opened a door to a room. Surprisingly, it looked exactly like how his own room was.

“Why...” said Ming Hei in amazement.

“Your father knew that this day would come upon us all one day, so he built this room himself whenever he had the time. He said that if a day like today will unfortunately arrive, at least you will still have a place that you can call home to live at. Each piece of furniture like this table and chair was constructed by him. All of these beddings and clothing inside the small closet was made by our mother. Everything here was done for you by your parents. They do not want you to be sad just because of their death. They want you to carry on a happy life. They just hope that this room that they’ve made for you can help you remember them as your past and tell you that life moves on,” said Yi Ting.

“Thank you Tong Ma. I want to stay here by myself for a while,” said Ming Hei as he felt the bamboo table.

“Take your time. I’ll bring in some food for you in a little while,” said Yi Ting as she exited.

Ming Hei placed his luggage on the bed and felt the fabric. He can feel the warmth of his mother’s hands and imagine the scenario of her making this bedsheet. A drop of tear fell down his face. Ming Hei touched the table. He can imagine his father chopping down bamboo expertly from the bamboo forest with his fan to make this. A drop of tear dropped right on the table. He sat down on the chair. It felt exactly the same as the chair he had before. It even had the uneven legs that he loved to wobble on. He knew that he really misses his parents and that they are not only his past. He wanted them to still be here right now and yell at him for what he did, instead of being silent and not being able to say anything about it like right now. He laid his head on the table and sobbed. Ming Hei just couldn’t stop himself from crying.

Yi Ting walked into Siu Lan’s room and explained everything. She told her the whole story of the White Warrior from when Tian Hau was born till what that just a few hours ago. Siu Lan took a while to believe that this was all true, but once she did, she can feel he pain Ming Hei is feeling. Her heart hurt not only because she found out that Mei Yin was the one in his heart, but also because he was sad himself. She had always hoped that she can be the one and only one in his heart, but she knows that that will never be able happen. She will never be the only one in his heart. All she can do is hope for him to feel better and get over this tragedy quickly, but it would certainly take some time for him to do so. She wanted to go see him and talk to him, but Yi Ting knows that he will need some time alone.

“How about this, you can bring some congee for Ming Hei to eat. Don’t mention anything to him though, okay?” said Yi Ting.

“Yes, mother,” said Siu Lan obediently.

Ming Hei was in his room and sitting in the corner of his bed with his arms wrapped around his legs. Siu Lan entered the room and placed down the congee. Ming Hei lifted his head and stared upon her face for a short while, and placed his head back down.

“Are you okay Ming Hei?” said Siu Lan softly. Ming Hei didn’t answer. “There is some congee here on the table for you to eat when you are hungry.” Suddenly, she noticed how his hands were bloody and injured. “Ming Hei, your hands,” said Siu Lan as she tempted to help him wrap them. Ming Hei quickly snapped his hands away. He didn’t want them wrapped.
    “Then… I’ll leave now,” said Siu Lan as she stared at him. As Siu Lan closed the door, she watched Ming Hei’s sad and expressionless face remaining motionless. She has never seen him like this. He has always been this jolly and naive child that made everyone’s day. Never upon his face have you seen sadness. A tear fell down her eyes as she closed the door shut. She felt the pain that’s going through his body. All these tragedies happened within these past few days, especially since today was his 19th birthday. Why does this all have to happen on his birthday? Birthdays are the days of celebration and happiness, not this…

Ming Hei looked upon the congee and then at his bare hands which the energy of his father flowed.

‘Why is this happening to me? What have I ever done to get an ending like this? Will my life really end like this? Mother, father, how can you leave me like this? Mei Yin, where are you?’ thought Ming Hei. Memories of the past blemished his mind. He remembered the way of how he and Mei Yin met…

“Dai Yun, these two were caught fighting on the streets,” said one of the Goon Chai.

“Fighting on the streets? What are your names?” asked the Goon.

“Yuan Ming Hei,” said Ming Hei.

“Sima Mei Yin, the daughter of Sima Lok Yun, if you know what is good for you,” said the pretty girl while taking out a jade amulet with her last name carved on it to show her identity.

Ming Hei’s eyes widened at the site to realize that the daughter of a rich family was a sassy girl like her.

He also remembered when she was trying to be like a princess when she thought she liked Yeung Sung…

“Please Ming Hei, please. If you don’t help me, I’ll come here to bother you every day. Come on, please,” said Mei Yin tugging on his sleeve harder, and harder. Ming Hei tried to make her loose her grip, but it did not work.

“Fine! I’ll help you!” said Ming Hei finally, after he couldn’t stand her begging.

“Really?! Thank you!” said Mei Yin giving him a big hug, but Ming Hei pushed her off.

“First thing, do not tug and pull people, that is not something a well taught upper class daughter should do,” said Ming Hei.

“Yes teacher,” said Mei Yin while giving a little bow. “Is that more ladylike?”

“Much better,” said Ming Hei.

He remembered the warm hands of his mother…

Ming Hei then went inside and into his room, carrying a bottle of healing oil in his hand. He sat down and took off his top and then examined his bruise on his hand. It was worst than he had thought. Then he tried to rub his bruise with his left hand, but it was difficult. At that moment, his mother passed by and saw his bruise. She gasped in shock.

“Ming Hei! What happened?” said Ah Fung as she entered.

Ming Hei placed his finger on his lips as as a sign for his mother to be quiet. “I hurt myself when I went out today; it’s just a bruise, nothing bad. Don’t tell dad, or else he’ll make a big deal about it and ask me all about it,” said Ming Hei.

“I won’t tell him. Here, let me help you,” said Ah Fung as she got some oil and rubbed it on Ming Hei’s bruise.

“Thanks mother,” said Ming Hei.

“We’re a family, no need to say things like that,” said Ah Fung. “How did you hurt yourself?”

“Oh, nothing. Someone in the streets accidentally whacked me in the arm with a stick,” said Ming Hei.

“I see,” said Ah Fung as she helped his son rubbed his bruise.

He remembered when Mei Yin confessed her love to him…

“What do you mean by that? Do you think I’m those stupid upper class woman who plays with people’s feelings?” said Mei Yin. Ming Hei didn’t listen. “Look at me!” said Mei Yin. Ming Hei didn’t turn around. “I said, look at me!” said Mei Yin as he forced Ming Hei to turn around. She held his hands and looked at him in the eyes. “The only one I have in my heart,” said Mei Yin as tears gushed out of her eyes, “is you.”

He remembered when Mei Yin and he marked their love with a simple lilac…

Ming Hei pulled a nice little lilac from the best bunch on the hill and handed it to Mei Yin.

“It’s for you!” said Ming Hei. Mei Yin received the flower with her little hands and sniffed it with her nose.

“Thank you,” said Mei Yin.

“I’ve known you for a while already and haven’t gotten you anything, so I thought I should--- yeah,” said Ming Hei. The sweet smile and beautiful eyes that Mei Yin released on Mei Yin caused his brain to go blank and couldn’t continue what he was going to say. Even though, Mei Yin knows what he has in mind. She then kneeled down and picked out another beautiful lilac and handed it to Ming Hei.

“This one is for you!” said Mei Yin. Ming Hei looked at her oddly for a while, but then happily accepted the flower. “You gave me something so I thought that I should give you something in return,” smiled Mei Yin.

Ming Hei smiled back. “These two little lilacs shall be our first gifts of love to each other. When you get home, place it under a lot of books so then it’ll form into a bookmark. I will do the same, so we can then keep it forever.” He then held tightly onto Mei Yin’s hands.

“Yes, I will,” said Mei Yin. She then gave him a big hug which he returned.

“No matter what happens, this flower will always be with us, signaling our story that will last a lifetime. Even if we can not be together at the end, this flower will always stay with you and me,” said Ming Hei.

“It will ALWAYS stay with me, no matter what until the point I die,” said Mei Yin.

Ming Hei remembered when Mei Yin gained a scar on her face…

Mei Yin sat down right next to him as he applied the coverage cream onto her face.

“You still look beautiful no matter what. Okay?” said Ming Hei as he touched her cheeks.

He remembered his father’s powerful voice…

They were inside the cave right after battle with Duen Shun…

“Ming Hei! Do you know that you have caused a LOT of trouble?!” shouted Tian Hau furiously. Ming Hei looked at his father blankly and then stood up.

“Father, I don’t get it. Who led me to this trouble? If you had told me all of this in the first place, I would have known that Duen Shun was someone bad and I wouldn’t have helped him! If you have told me all of this, today wouldn’t have existed! What IS the Ching Sum Kuet? Who IS the legendary White Warrior? Who IS Duen Shun? Who is Fong Ying Fung? Who are these people and what are these things? What else have you not told me?” said Ming Hei.

Tian Hau held up his hand at his son. “You—you.” Without saying more, Tian Hau slapped his hand across his son’s face.

“Father! What did I do wrong? Why did you slap me?” demanded Ming Hei.

“You did NOT listen to what I say! If you were more obedient, none of this would have happened!” said Tian Hau.

“I don’t get it, what DID I do wrong?  I don’t think that any of this action is wrong!” said Ming Hei.

“You have three wrong actions. One, you healed Duen Shun when he’s an enemy. Two, you are with this Sima Mei Yin when I strongly told you to not be with. Three, you did not tell me about your improvement in martial arts!” said Tian Hau.

He remembered when he tempted to run away with Mei Yin…

They headed for the cave where Duen Shun stayed. The road they walked was dark and scary. Once they reached the entrance of the cave, a howl of a wolf was heard. Mei Yin got scared and grasped Ming Hei’s body.

“It’s okay. It’s only a wolf. I can tell that it’s far away. He won’t come into here,” comforted Ming Hei.

“I’m scared,” said Mei Yin.

“How about this? I’ll stay with you here ever single night. Before the sun rises, I will go back home so my parents won’t find out. Then at noon I’ll be back here and stay with you until I have to leave for home. When I come, I’ll bring you things to do in your spare time, okay?” said Ming Hei. Mei Yin nodded.

He remembered their night together…

“Ming Hei, I love you,” whispered Mei Yin into Ming Hei’s ear.

“I love you too,” said Ming Hei. He hopes that he can hear her say that every night before he sleeps.

Suddenly, Ming Hei felt Mei Yin slowly inched her hand down his chest…

Ming Hei remembered his and Mei Yin’s battle with the Sima Lok Yun…

Ming Hei jumped off the roof of the Sima residents and palmed these two stupid guards in the head, causing them to faint and fall to the ground. The doors to Mei Yin’s room were lock. He tried to unlock them, but they didn’t seem to work. He then unsheathed his sword and gave the lock a few strikes. The doors went BOOM! And opened. There, Mei Yin sat with disappointment on her face. Once she raised her head to see what the loud sound was, her face lighted with happiness.

“Ming Hei!” said Mei Yin as she ran over to him.

“Mei Yin,” said Ming Hei happily. Once Mei Yin reached him, she accidentally touched his left arm and caused him to shriek in pain.

“What is it?” said Mei Yin concernedly.

“It’s nothing. We’ll talk later. Let’s get out of here first,” said Ming Hei. As Mei Yin followed Ming Hei out the door, he saw 4 other guards and Lok Yun standing right there.

“Yuen Ming Hei, I knew that you would come back one day,” said Lok Yun. “But today, you will NOT escape! How dare you abduct my daughter! People, go!” Under his command, the four warriors charged towards Ming Hei. Ming Hei unsheathed his sword and began the battle. Seeing him fight, Mei Yin didn’t want to leave him alone, so she pulled out her nine section whip and joined in.

He remembered his father’s speeches…

“Ming Hei, go to your room and wait for me to come,” said Tian Hau. Ming Hei did as told. He sat there at the table with his hands supporting his chin. All that was in his mind was Mei Yin and the memories they shared. He took out the lilac bookmark he had and stared at it as memories of the past blemished his mind. All those memories they had were wonderful times and they helped him release a smile on his face at this time. Tian Hau coughed as he stood at the door. Ming Hei quickly placed his lilac bookmark back to his waistband.

“You don’t have to hide that. Just leave it out,” said Tian Hau. So Ming Hei took it out again. “I know that bookmark was something that you and Mei Yin shared, am I right?” Ming Hei nodded. “Well, just keep it as something for the past and look back into, not forward. We are moving tomorrow, you will not see her again. She will be married and someone else’s wife. Just think about the times with her in the past, because it is the past now. Understand?”

Ming Hei just stared at his father and he finally spoke, “Why aren’t you mad?”

“Why should I be? I have gone though the exact same things as you are right now. I know how it feels. They always say like son like father. I guess that is true. You are walking my own path. I tried to change it for you but I guess destiny is destiny. It will not change,” said Tian Hau.

Lastly, he remembered the death of his parents…

“Make good use of the energy. Goodbye son,” said Tian Hau as he tried to smile. He then held Ah Fung’s hand once again and then at the same time, their eyes closed and passed away, with their hand held tightly together and not letting go.

“No!! Father! Mother!” cried Ming Hei. Ming Hei touched their hands. They were getting cold. The warm feeling that they had just a minute ago has left.

“Father, mother, please don’t play with me. It’s almost morning. We have to wake up and open our store. Mother, you have to start making breakfast now. Father, you have to go take the herbs off the drying racks with me. Wake up, please. Please wakeup,” said Ming Hei. He held his hand tightly on top of his mother and father’s. The power of the three shall never diminish from the face of this world. Tears dropped down his face and wetted the clothing of the two who lied motionless. Yi Ting stood aside of them, watching as this tragedy happened. Tears dropped down her face and wetted her face.

“Father, mother, please don’t leave me,” said Ming Hei once last time. He wiped the tears of his eyes. He realized that his parents really are gone now and he can’t bring them back no matter what. He continued to sob for his parents. He just couldn’t accept the truth that his parents have passed away.

All of these things striked his heart deeply. All those things he has gone through in less than a year were impossible for him to face. He just couldn’t accept the truth that almost all the most important people in his life have perished from the face of earth. He sat there in the corner of his bed and cried. The truth was too hard for him to accept. Will his life really end like this? Does it even matter to anyone if his life is continued…?

At the He residents, Chan Gwok Ho sat upon his desk as he held onto a green piece of jade with the surname of ‘Kwan’ carved onto it. Gwok Ho clentched onto this piece of jade tightly as he remembered his mother’s last words to him before she died of a mysterious illness…

“Gwok Ho, you are born a warrior. You are born to succeed your father’s martial arts and power. He may not know of you existence till this day, but once you find him, show him this jade and he’ll know who you are. He’ll teach you all he knows and makes the best weapons suitable for you to use. The martial arts of your father are yours and only yours. Only the ones with the surname of Kwan will be proud and brave enough to use the full forces of the Ching Sum Kuet. The Mok family that your father has handed down to is a disgrace to the ultimate powers of this powerful martial art. Go, Gwok Ho, go and find your father, a man who carries the name of Kwan Song Hoi.”

“I will retrieve our family’s martial arts into my own hands one day. My father has made the wrong choice to just hand it to another family just so this martial art can live on. They may bring fame to the Ching Sum Kuet and use it well, but only the ones who carry the blood of the inventor know its limits,” said Gwok Ho. “There will be one day where the world will know that the Ching Sum Kuet belongs to a family with the surname of Kwan.”

To be continued…

------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, i'll end this 'book' right here. this part of the whoooooolllle story is now complete. the story will continued with the second book, 'the rise of the white warrior,' will be be posted in a little white after.

thanks for reading! comments and criticism will greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by kaiyi; 12-10-06 at 06:14 PM.

O0O that's why!!! buh i thought the mok family invented it cus Ming Hei's grandpa made the three weapons right? ahh im so confuse! and poor Ming Hei, he's losing everyone he loves =[

"He sobbed so much that no more tears were able to come out of his eyes. They were dried." i like those two lines. 'They were dried' sounds so powerful yet just 3 simple words hahah

&& i absolutely love Mei Yin and Ming Hei together. and poor Siu Lan, she loved him since forever. i'm really looking forward to more chemistry between them! please don't make her turn evil or anything but it's a pity, cus i guess they both die in the end? aww =[ why can't he end up with them both?

p.s i really can't wait until this story is finish! i'm looking forward to all the character appearances (Raymond, Nancy, Linda, Michelle, Annie & the rest of them)so keep writing!!!! (though i really shouldn't be saying this since i'm taking like forever to write my stories heheheh)

oh yeah, the 3rd book is revenge of the white warrior, it cant possibly be that mei yin want reveng on ming hei right? hope not!!! xD and are linda n benny gonna fall in love? buh find out that they're siblings?

omg! i just realized that this book ended! (slow i know xD) ahh looking forward to book 2 . i'm problaly yapping too much now huh? lols

ahh!! emilyy i love you. =D haha.. so many comments!!! hehe... if u go back and read the forwards.. it was actually kwan song hoi who invented it.. it was mok yong who perfected it and brought it to a higher level. therefore, the basics of it belonged to Kwan Song Hoi. mok yong did make the weapons himself, but the manual on how to make them was given to him by kwan song hoi.

hehe... the plot is changing as i write.. xD MAYBE ill make tavia live.. MAYBE.. im thinking. ^.^ i'll try to update soon. haha.. this ending is like a cliffhanger..

yeahhh MAKE MEI YIN LIVE maybe Siu Lan too? hehehehehh buh Mei Yin's his first love =]

Quote Originally Posted by babiadorkable
    yeahhh MAKE MEI YIN LIVE maybe Siu Lan too? hehehehehh buh Mei Yin's his first love =]
    THINKING... hehe.. but if everyone lived, story will be too... common and.. arg.. iono how to describe it.. xD thinking.
    Last edited by kaiyi; 12-10-06 at 11:36 PM.