Thread: Channel 8: Bukit Ho Swee 河水山 (2002)

Default Channel 8: Bukit Ho Swee 河水山 (2002)

Hi all

I know it's been a while but I didn't catch the Channel 8 drama serial Bukit Ho Swee 河水山 when it aired in 2002. Those of you who did can help me out by sharing your memories and views of the serial.

I'm less interested in the actors and actresses than in the overall story. What are your views on the following questions:

- What were the themes of the story?

- Was the story effectively told?

- Who were the most memorable characters?

- What did anyone who lived in 河水山 in the 1950s and early 1960s think of Channel 8's representation of the kampong?

- Were there any historical inaccuracies as you know? Such as the fire, secret societies, hawkers, living conditions, relationships between neighbours, living in a HDB flat?

Also do let me know if you have the full episode synopses (the Channel 8 website only has the first 4 episodes).

Hope to hear from you all soon!

I know it's been a long time but here are a couple more specific questions which might trigger some repressed memories!

The Bukit Ho Swee fire? How was the fire portrayed and how were the characters seen to have been affected by it?

Also, were there any stereotypes among the characters that you might find typical of kampong dwellers? E.g. coarse, gangsterism, superstitious, rumour-mongers etc?

Thanks again

Hmm this show was aired long ago and i couldnt really remember what happened in the show though I think that I have watched it. Sorry, Im not of much help here
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    Hmm this show was aired long ago and i couldnt really remember what happened in the show though I think that I have watched it. Sorry, Im not of much help here
    Thanks though anyone knows where can get the serial synposes or the vcds/dvds? From mediacorp?