• Zhou Zhiruo

0 0%
  • Xiao Zhao

9 19.15%
  • Yin Li/A Zhu

1 2.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who does zwj loves the most in the novel

Even from Master JY's own pen, I still am unconvinced that ZWJ is not a hero. It's a no brainer that ZWJ is not a political leader. But he's still heroic in my book. Forgoing revenge for the greater good and putting himself in danger to help strangers are pretty heroic deeds for me. Maybe he's not the traditional war hero, but he is heroic.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-10-06 at 09:12 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Even from Master JY's own pen, I still am unconvinced that ZWJ is not a hero. It's a no brainer that ZWJ is not a political leader. But he's still heroic in my book. Forgoing revenge for the greater good and putting himself at danger to help strangers are pretty heroic deeds for me. Maybe he's not the traditional war hero, but he is a heroic.
    Hear hear...
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Hmmm.. It is an undeniable fact that ZWJ is a hero, but he is a hero with many weaknesses and is more "human" compared to the others. Which is why JY said ZWJ could relate to us normal human beings more than those heroes like XF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think it's all overstated. When he needed to, Cheung Mo Gei knew exactly what to do. Moreover, just what was he supposed to do? He was put into a no-win situation of having four women completely devoted to him and no matter whom he picked, three others were going to be hurt.

The thing is being in that period of time in China it would have been normal for ZWJ to have more than one wife. So he could have just had all 4 girls if he wanted

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    The thing is being in that period of time in China it would have been normal for ZWJ to have more than one wife. So he could have just had all 4 girls if he wanted
    Oh, yeah...easily. Nobody would have objected that it was immoral either, because it was perfectly acceptable in that society.

But with the possible exception of Siu Chiu, the girls were believers in "me and nobody else" (perfectly reasonable by today's standards, I suppose). They didn't want to share Cheung Mo Gei with each other, and I think Cheung Mo Gei knew that.

It's often surprising how modern Jin Yong's characters think and act. After all, although they exist in an ancient setting, they are the creations of a modern man.

I have read reviewers works.
    They said that out of all the people, Wei xiao Bao is the most realistic character.
    They commented that XF and GJ is almost too good to be true.
    YG was to devoted to love. In a real 16 year case, a person would have his feelings dissolved already.
    ZWJ could have married all 4 girls to just solve the problem. Especially when it was no problem during that period.
    WXB on the other hand was the most human like.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    And, he was no xia.

Wuxia heroes are usually idealists, and often, so are their fans. Those who are attracted to wuxia fiction by the gallantry of the characters are usually interested in reading about individuals who are better than they (the readers) and the people whom they associate with in their everyday lives.

The Reviewers usually rate DOMD as JY's masterpiece and a great book, but they don't consider it a wuxia novel. DGSD is usually rated 2nd in JY's work, but 1st in JY's wuxia novel .

I have read reviewers works.
    They said that out of all the people, Wei xiao Bao is the most realistic character.
    They commented that XF and GJ is almost too good to be true.
    YG was to devoted to love. In a real 16 year case, a person would have his feelings dissolved already.
    ZWJ could have married all 4 girls to just solve the problem. Especially when it was no problem during that period.
    Either all the reviewers are jaded cynics or we human is really a depressing bunch of beings.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

you read my review?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    you read my review?
    Nope, never read it
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗