View Poll Results: Which formation was better or more powerful?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Dipper Formation

4 23.53%
  • Zhenwu Seven Formation

13 76.47%

Thread: Big Dipper Formation v Zhenwu Seven Formation

Post Big Dipper Formation v Zhenwu Seven Formation

The Bigger Dipper Formation was created by Wang Chongyang, while Zhenwu Seven Formation was created by Zhang Sanfeng in honour of the great Zhenwu.

Both formations contain profound Taoism philosophies/theories. When used by a group of people, it could be used to great effect against powerful single opponents.

The Zhenwu Seven Formation could probably surpass Big Dipper Formation. It was mentioned in HSDS that seven people were to combined with this formation, it would be like having 64 people. Each person have their own personal martial arts, and could be freely combined. Even combined with other people who have no idea of this formation, no complications will arise when they fought side by side.

Which formation was better or more powerful?
    ..ext88

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

xhenwu seven formation had my vote...
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Ahhh...this is a good one.

I have only read about Wudan formation so my opinion are maybe somewhat bias. From what I read; wudan formation is one of (if not the best) best in history. Well, thats my impression anyway. The problem is that it was never proven. The wudan seven never use it in a fight (that we know of).

In the other hand, big dipper formation was quit central in LOCH.

Perhaps it is more fair to discuss from a philosophy view? I cast my vote after I read more about the big dipper.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

It's hard to say. We never really saw the Jen Mo 7 Formation in use because Yu Doi Nam got injured early in HSDS and was never replaced. With the loss of Cheung Chui San and Mok Sing Guk later in HSDS, the formation was all but extinct.

The 7 Stars Big Dipper Formation, however, was seen to be capable of containing or perhaps even eventually defeating a Great.

The great thing about Dipper Formation is that you can add them on to one another making a 98 person Big Dipper Formation.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Question

the zhenwu formation is conceptually superior because it can be done with as few as three while big dipper formation requires seven or there will be a weakness. but if you can combine the seven stars technique in to it and combine inner power for power blast, then you should be able to break apart the zhenwu formation because it doesn't really have a way to combine inner power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Well considering the big dipper formation was a joke in LoCH and RoCH. I would say the wudang formation was better

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Well considering the big dipper formation was a joke in LoCH and RoCH.
    It was no joke; that formation was enough to fence in a Great and possibly even kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    The great thing about Dipper Formation is that you can add them on to one another making a 98 person Big Dipper Formation.
    Though, the effectiveness of these 98 Taoist men weren't as great as when the QZ 7/5 Masters deployed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Though, the effectiveness of these 98 Taoist men weren't as great as when the QZ 7/5 Masters deployed it.
    Well, that is because the people using the QZ 98 person Big Dipper Formation weren't led by an QZ elder. Zhao Zhi Jin though wasn't bad at the formation, but is weaker than the QZ elders.

Well, that is because the people using the QZ 98 person Big Dipper Formation weren't led by an QZ elder. Zhao Zhi Jin though wasn't bad at the formation, but is weaker than the QZ elders.
    And, of course, they were up against an opponent (Gwok Jing) who knew the inside-outs of the formation even better than they did.

The Big Dipper 7 Stars Formation is dependent upon the quality of its practitioners, it's true, but so is the Jen Mo 7 Formation. In any formation, quality fighters are necessary to pull it off.

What I meant was despite the numerical advantage they have over the Elders, their fighting capacity seems to fall short.

QCJ explained to GJ that these 98 Taoists wouldn't have been able to keep Huo Du and Da'er Ba at bay even if they had recognised them. GJ breezed past these guys, but could he repeat this feat with 7/5 QZ Taoist Masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    GJ breezed past these guys, but could he repeat this feat with 7/5 QZ Taoist Masters?
    It would be 50/50. The original Big Dipper Formation with all seven original Cheun Jen Disciples was capable of matching a Great, but Gwok Jing had the added advantages of knowing how their formation worked plus the 9 Yum Jen Ging.

Default Zhenwu Seven Sections Formation vs Big Dipper Formation

In a straight fight where both sides have all their people with no disabilities, which group do you think would win?

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    In a straight fight where both sides have all their people with no disabilities, which group do you think would win?
    Provided the Zhenwu formation works as advertised (it was never actually used), it should win easily. The Big Dipper formation combines the power of its seven participants, whereas Zhenwu doubles in power with each extra participant, so assuming that the individuals on both sides were roughly equal, it would be the power of 7 people versus 64 - an overwhelming difference. Zhenwu also has the advantage that it can be used with fewer than 7 participants, whereas the Big Dipper falls apart with the loss of even one.