Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ~*MISS HK 2006*~ YOUR BETS!

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn
    suki was full of confidence that night. i know being confident is good but problem is she was TOO OVER THE TOP confident. in the Q&A section, the host asked her what she would repay if she wins the title, and she said she would repay her beauty. obviously she thinks too highly of herself.

then when it was announced that she could stay at the pageant, she showed her stuck-up face. even the host said, "look at her stuck-up (dak chik) face".

they changed the format this time so the hosts didn't announce the winner. instead, the top 5 finalists' family member will open an envelope and if it contains a congratulatory letter from TVB, it shows who the winner is. so aimee's dad opened the envelope and he got the letter so aimee won. suki and her sister stood next to aimee and her dad, so suki's sister looked at aimee in a very not-so-pleased way.

i should've screencapped their expressions but too bad i deleted it cause the file's too huge. you should really watch the pageant show
    omg...i havent watched this mhk thingyo yet so i dont know all about this! cant believe that suki is like this. She wasn't like this at the mhk camps and all that!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

wow.. Im glad Suki didnt win! HAHA GO AIMEE! and thx popcorn for telling me about it lol. Aimee is definitely the prettiest of them all as well. Wish her luck in the Internationals- hope she wins 1st runner haha : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    wow.. Im glad Suki didnt win! HAHA GO AIMEE! and thx popcorn for telling me about it lol. Aimee is definitely the prettiest of them all as well. Wish her luck in the Internationals- hope she wins 1st runner haha : )
    why first runner up when she could just be the winner? or do u have someone else in mind?

yup Miss Vancouver : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    yup Miss Vancouver : )
    how are u gonna know if she is pretty? the contest hasn't even started for them, or have they?

you can see Aimee and Janet in Miss Toronto2004 from this website
    http://www.misshkbeauties.com/toronto/2004/profiles.htm

imo, i found janet to be more pretty than aimee.
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

wow!!!!!!!I didn't know they were in miss toronto 2004?????I remember I watched it, but don't remember they were in it but I remembered both of them didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by KantopunK...xD
    how are u gonna know if she is pretty? the contest hasn't even started for them, or have they?
    no they havent but i always root for the hometown ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsangelkiki
    you can see Aimee and Janet in Miss Toronto2004 from this website
    http://www.misshkbeauties.com/toronto/2004/profiles.htm

imo, i found janet to be more pretty than aimee.
    back then, aimee looked a bit strange!

here are some pics of them.

honestly, i think janet looks better than her before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed

in the picture of aimee alone, she looks like a vampire! [no offence!] aimee changed so much!

[Ta Kung Pao & Wen Wei Po 20/08/06]

This year's Miss Hong Kong winners, Aimee Chan, Janet Chow and Koni Lui together with Tourism Ambassador Suki Chui took part in a cooking competition as judges yesterday and attracted many people to gathered and took photographs, proving that the pull of the girls is not weak. Miss Hong Kong manager Rosa Chan revealed that this year, Aimee cannot represent Hong Kong at the Miss World Pageant on the 30th September because she is already 25 and too old to qualify. This will now fall onto Janet to take her place. Aimee was not disappointed by this because she can still take part in the Miss Chinese International Pageant. Janet was very happy about this because there are over a hundred contestants in Miss World and she hopes to be able to experience more.

Suki's boyfriend Wong Chung Sang has had revelations made about him by his former wife and model Janet Ma, saying that he had asked her for all her jewellery back after their divorce. In resonse to this, Suki said: "This was twenty years ago and things have changed now. (Has your boyfriend give you any jewellery?) Yes, I am very happy with him. (But your boyfriend seems rather petty to ask for his jewellery back from his ex-wife?) It cannot be counted by this, he is generous in real life and that is all that matters. The most important thing is the thought behind the gift and the memories that it holds."

Wow interesting.. Janet taking Aimee's place to represent in the Miss World Paegant since she's too old to qualify. Good luck Janet!

And Suki's boyfriend takes his ex-wife's jewellries back after their divorce. .. hmm I never liked the idea how people wanted to take back all the gifts they gave someone after they get into a fight or something.

TVB WEEKLY PICS

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/Twinsangelkiki/missHKJanet-Aimee-Koni.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/Twinsangelkiki/koni-TVBweekly.jpg')

Ok I just watched the Miss HK pageant contest since they just aired it over here in Vancouver. Congratulations to all 3 winners! Especially Aimee and Janet. I appreciated how down to earth Janet's dad is and was just glad enough she got there and fortunately his daughter won 1st runner Also Aimee is definitely the most beautiful of them all.

And yes!!! Im so glad Suki didn't win. She was quite full of herself to an extent she seemed dak chik and yea I saw her face and emotion when she survived from elimination.

Nevertheless, it's still good that Janet and Aimee continued to pursue their dreams to suceeding the Miss Chinese pageant when they failed the Miss Toronto and looked for another chance. Glad it worked out for them.

Anyhow, congratulations to Aimee Chan for successing the champion title and crown, Janet Chow for the miss internation goodwill award and the 1st runner title, and lastly, Koni Lui for the 3rd runner.

awww...so sad! poor aimee doesn't get to go into miss world pageant! she is so wise. If i was her, i would be very disappointed! [but that's just me!]

Well, i wish janet luck in the miss world pageant then! hope she wins

Default credited to tvbspace

[Ta Kung Pao 24/08/06]

The three Miss Hong Kong winners Aimee Chan, Janet Chow and Koni Lui were invited by watch sponsor to receive their prizes. Shirley Yeung had been invited as presentation guest, handing out the prizes for "Miss Photogenic" and "Miss International Goodwill" as well as receiving a gift herself too.

Aimee's watch was very valuable, worth $380,000. Asked what she would do with it, she says happily: "I will keep it to wear myself and not put it in a safety deposit box because I want people to see it." As she won two awards, she was presented with two watches and she will make her selection based on what she is wearing, but she does prefer more feminine designs. She smiles: "I would like to be more ladylike and it needs to be very dependable because I don't want to be late!"

For Shirley, who was Miss Hong Kong winner in 2001, it has been five years already and being invited to be the presentation guest, she says that the fee was very satisfactory. Asked if she has met this year's winners, she smiles: "I have been filming so I don't see them, but I have met the winner. (Have you noticed her figure?) No,I have not paid attention to this. Maybe men will be more interested in this. (Is your boyfriend like that?) I don't think so."

------------
    i think shirley's dress is very eye-catching and at the age of 27 i think, she still looks very young. i find janet getting prettier now and at the angle of the picture i attached, she shows some resemblance of Sharon Chan.

wah! $380, 000! so much! and it's two of em!!!

shirley's dress is kinda eyecatching...so prettifoOlz! And shirley is 29!

kantopunk...xD: is it just me or does Janet actually have some resemblance of Sharon Chan from the pic before with shirley... especially from what i remembered sharon from LWOLAP...

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsangelkiki
    kantopunk...xD: is it just me or does Janet actually have some resemblance of Sharon Chan from the pic before with shirley... especially from what i remembered sharon from LWOLAP...
    hmm...i dunno, maybe it's not just u! when i first saw the picture...i thought no! but when i actually looked at the picture clearly, i kinda see some resemblance!