Thread: Black Tea Leaf

Default Black Tea Leaf

I'm going to start a fanfic...it'll take a while...and updates will be slow...and i'm going to put it in novel form. I'll get the characters up later...I might revise the title too...[Hae Tza Yieh]

Hope you post up the first chapter soon.

Default it's starting...slowly

Hm...ok, I'm sorry if this is a little weak and stereotypical. It's my first attempt at writing a fanfic...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The tea house was crowded, but with one glance, he knew exactly where Xiao(4)-Li(2) was. In the middle of a mass of women, charming his way through everything - as usual. Would his shr-guh ever learn? Looking outside, he decided it was about time. With a sigh, he slung his sword on his back, got up, and headed towards Xiao-Li.

The women were all silent, their attention focused solely on Xiao-Li and the adventure he was telling them about. "And then, just as we thought - " Xiao-Li began spreading his hands out wide.

"Come on, stop fabricating lies. They'll only come back and bite you in the future." Rong(2)-Qi(2) said, grabbing Xiao-Li by the collar and draggin him outside.

"Hey, what are you -" Xiao-Li stammered tripping over his feet out of the tea house.

"Shr-guh, can't you pay attention to something important for a while? It's time to go meet shr-mei at the inn. It's been four months! Don't you want to see how she is?" Rong-Qi asked.

"Wow, hey, yea, it's time to meet her already? It's been four months? Okay let's go!" Xiao-Li exclaimed brightly, then he paused and looked around confused. "Where is it you said we're meeting her again?"

"The inn!! Now come on, we're going to be late!" Rong-Qi said, walking ahead of his shr-guh.

After walking for a minute, Rong-Qi suddenly stopped and tapped Xiao-Li. "Shouldn't we get her something? Otherwise she'd probably get mad."

Default it's starting...slowly

Hm...ok, I'm sorry if this is a little weak and stereotypical. It's my first attempt at writing a fanfic...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The tea house was crowded, but with one glance, he knew exactly where Xiao(4)-Li(2) was. In the middle of a mass of women, charming his way through everything - as usual. Would his shr-guh ever learn? Looking outside, he decided it was about time. With a sigh, he slung his sword on his back, got up, and headed towards Xiao-Li.

The women were all silent, their attention focused solely on Xiao-Li and the adventure he was telling them about. "And then, just as we thought - " Xiao-Li began spreading his hands out wide.

"Come on, stop fabricating lies. They'll only come back and bite you in the future." Rong(2)-Qi(2) said, grabbing Xiao-Li by the collar and draggin him outside.

"Hey, what are you -" Xiao-Li stammered tripping over his feet out of the tea house.

"Shr-guh, can't you pay attention to something important for a while? It's time to go meet shr-mei at the inn. It's been four months! Don't you want to see how she is?" Rong-Qi asked.

"Wow, hey, yea, it's time to meet her already? It's been four months? Okay let's go!" Xiao-Li exclaimed brightly, then he paused and looked around confused. "Where is it you said we're meeting her again?"

"The inn!! Now come on, we're going to be late!" Rong-Qi said, walking ahead of his shr-guh.

After walking for a minute, Rong-Qi suddenly stopped and tapped Xiao-Li. "Shouldn't we get her something? Otherwise she'd probably get mad."

"What? She won't get mad, she knows we're busy."

"Ah...okay then, suit yourself. I'm going to get her this...bracelet. It looks pretty doesn't it? Two jade money pieces [?] put together makes it look like a butterfly and there's some jade beads at the end. A nice weave job right?" Rong-Qi asked his shr-guh. "Uh...shr-guh right?"

"Oh yea, yea, great." Xiao-Li replied waving at the pretty young maiden selling bolts of silk.

Sighing, Rong-Qi paid for the bracelet and dragged Xiao-Li off again.

They entered the inn and looked around the area for Mong(4)-Ching(2). She was at a corner table pouting and pretending not to notice her two shr-guhs. Xiao-Li noticed her first and excitedly shouted, "Hey shr-mei! Shr-mei!" as he rushed over to her table waving frantically, followed by a quite obviously embarrassed Rong-Qi.

Mong-Ching continued drinking her jio(3) [wine/beer..?] and did not even glance towards her two approaching shr-guhs. "Mong-Ching! It's me! Xiao-Li! Remember? Your da shr-guh!" he said, plopping into the seat next to her. Mong-Ching gave no response. "Mong-Ching? Mong-Ching...Mong..." Xiao-Li trailed off. He gave her a puzzled look then turned towards his shr-di. "This IS shr-mei right? I'm beginning to think we are mistaking this gu-niang for Mong-Ching."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    continued...later...too tired to type more...

Xiao-Li is funny, I like his character already. Good job for a beginner. Looking forward to your next update.

Thanks jeh. Do you have any suggestions for improvement or criticism? I'm afraid that this is to close to the norm, and it's going to turn out like every other wuxia series...

You're welcome. Just don't let your story be about a special object that the whole pugilistic world is searching for, causing many deaths. I seen too many of those plots, even in my fanfics too. The main thing is don't use overused plots. That's all I guess. Update soon.