Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request to all forum members: change your signature to "Sek Por Tin didn't jump..."

Default Request to all forum members: change your signature to "Sek Por Tin didn't jump..."

"...over the ocean!"

Just for silly laughs, and to make an important point. Everybody, maybe just for this week, change your signature to "SEK POR TIN/SHI POTIAN DIDN'T JUMP OVER ANY OCEAN!"

This is strictly voluntary; nobody is required to participate, but I think it'd be fun (and useful) to do it.

Red face

Kenny, how many gallons of wine have you drank today?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Not a drop, but this Sek Por Tin thing has me so annoyed, I'm going to Hong Lung 18 Palms the next person who claims that Sek Por Tin jumped over the ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Catties, m'dear. We measure it in catties in the wuxia world

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Catties, m'dear. We measure it in catties in the wuxia world
    "Cattie" sounds too much like that thing in Candide's avatar photo.

Count me in.
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

Yes Ken count me in. As much as I'm a wuxia fan I dislike this part where Jin Yong made SPT leap over the ocean. Sounds like Superman more than a wuxia hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Yes Ken count me in. As much as I'm a wuxia fan I dislike this part where Jin Yong made SPT leap over the ocean. Sounds like Superman more than a wuxia hero.
    I thought that SPT DIDNT leap over the ocean in the actual novel. This has just been a misunderstanding in this forum.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Basically, most people here know that. TommyH insists on repeating it in as many places as possible just to try to get everyone confused.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Basically, most people here know that. TommyH insists on repeating it in as many places as possible just to try to get everyone confused.
    Well yeah I know that since it was I who made a thread on this subject to clarify it up. I just didn't like the fact that Jin Yong made SPT so strong even when his only support was a piece of wood.

Shipotian is just so awesome

Well yeah I know that since it was I who made a thread on this subject to clarify it up. I just didn't like the fact that Jin Yong made SPT so strong even when his only support was a piece of wood.
    It was already quite cleared up in the thread that it was brought up in that this didn't happen.

Every single time you posted it "as a joke" subsequently had new people confused since they would then ask "He did? WTF?!"

Well, this post of yours certainly doesn't show that u know it.
    In fact, I think you still don't get it. If u already get it, u will not be repeating 'Jin Yong made SPT leapt over the ocean' twice in this thread alone and said SPT 'leapt over the ocean' in the other thread. I think what u actually 'get' from your thread is 'SPT jumped over the ocean with the help of a plank instead of SPT jumped over all by his own strength'. You only get part of it. You still think SPT jumped over the ocean.

Let me repeat Ken's signature. 'Shi potian DID NOT leap over the ocean'. He leapt over a pretty far distant from boat to shore, but that is not leaping over the ocean. A ocean is a lot wider than the distant he leapt over.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-10-06 at 12:08 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

TommyH
    Unregistered

I shouldn't even have posted.

I shouldn't even have posted.
    Remember, they're all under my instructions to rip out the tongue of anybody who claims that Sek Por Tin jumped over the ocean.

/in!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    "SHI POTIAN JUMPED OVER THE PACIFIC, ATLANTIC, ANTARCTIC, ARCTIC, and INDIAN OCEAN!"
    You've asked for it. Prepare to suffer the wrath of Ken's Jui Laihoi Honglung 18 Jeung!

In chapter 19, didn't Shi Potian jump over the Tiaoshan mountain? How come nobody brings this up? People in HSDS have problems leaping 30+ feet but Shi PoTian can jump over mountains!

Here's a simpler solution: make this week the "ban every n00b who reckons SPT jumped over the ocean" week.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    In chapter 19, didn't Shi Potian jump over the Tiaoshan mountain? How come nobody brings this up? People in HSDS have problems leaping 30+ feet but Shi PoTian can jump over mountains!
    What!!?? ????
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?