Thread: Ranking the Jin Empire flunkies from LOCH

Default Ranking the Jin Empire flunkies from LOCH

Excluding West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Kau Cheen Yan, who were Greats-level fighters, how do we rank the martial artists who worked as mercenaries for the Jin Empire during LOCH?

I think it goes like this:

Au Yeung Hak

Ling Tze Seung Yan

Leung Tze Yung

Sa Tung Teen

Pang Lin Fu

Three Bumps (don't know his name)

Yellow River Four Ghosts

Is that about right? How far apart was each fighter's martial arts from each other? Who was each fighter's closest equivalent among the protagonist characters of LOCH?

In ROCH any time period (from Pre 22 to Post 16), these would be babies. The only exception may be OYK who may be considered a medium level fighter. You can use this comparision. OYF and GJ (33) were equals at Pre 22 years ROCH. In LOCH, OYK said that he hasn't even reached 30% of OYF. Add these 2 together plus the fact that OYF has increased A LOT with the reversed 9 Yin during the 14 year period, OYK should be beated by a GJ(33) within 3 stances. That would mean OYK is only like 10% of GJ of Pre 22 Years ROCH. I think there is no need to mention Pre 16 Years ROCH or Post 16 Years ROCH anymore.... All GJ needs is one stance.

To show how incredibly sad the LOCH period is, any of the mentioned Jin people would be first class(they were well known and better than one of the 7 Freaks). And OYK was probably a first of first class because other than the Greats, GJ, and QQR, I don't see any others who can beat OYK(one of the better QZ 7 can tie). OYK was described as the younger generation's best fighter by HYS until OYK was overtaken by GJ later. And OYK is less than 30% of the OYF on LOCH period..... At the end, GJ who is 80% of a Great. Even end of GJ is vastly superior.

OYK was probably equal one of the QZ 7.
    And the other Jin dudes are probably equal or greater than 7 Freaks.
    Last edited by Whsie; 07-11-06 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    To show how incredibly sad the LOCH period is, any of the mentioned Jin people would be first class(they were well known and better than one of the 7 Freaks). And OYK was probably a first of first class because other than the Greats, GJ, and QQR, I don't see any others who can beat OYK(one of the better QZ 7 can tie). OYK was described as the younger generation's best fighter by HYS until OYK was overtaken by GJ later. And OYK is less than 30% of the OYF on LOCH period..... At the end, GJ who is 80% of a Great. Even end of GJ is vastly superior.

OYK was probably equal one of the QZ 7.
    Mui Chiu Fung and Luk Sing Fung, the two surviving Peach Blossom Island disciples who showed up in LOCH (after Chan Yeun Fung's death ), were superior to Au Yeung Hak.

I think while Au Yeung Hak could equal the weaker Cheun Jen Sect Disciples such as Sheun But Yee and Gok Dai Tung, the likes of Yau Chui Gei and Ma Yuk would still defeat him.

And the other Jin dudes are probably equal or greater than 7 Freaks.
    All of the surviving Freaks (post-Cheung Ah Sang), or individually?

Ups, forgot about Peach Blossom and Yideng's disciples. Geuss they claim 1st of 1st. But it still is pretty sad. Btw, is Mei Chao Feng better than OYK? I'm not so sure about those 2. GJ with 15 palms could equal Mei Chao Feng. GJ with 18 palms (though he just learned 3), lost to OYK. Maybe OYK is still in first of first. Along with Yideng and HYS's disciples.

Each indidvidual 7 Freak is somewhere around Jin dudes.

Ups, forgot about Peach Blossom and Yideng's disciples. Geuss they claim 1st of 1st. But it still is pretty sad. Btw, is Mei Chao Feng better than OYK?
    Most definitely. Better inner power (due to greater age/experience and the 9 Yum Jen Ging, even if it's a very limited portion of the 9 Yum Jen Ging) and better fighting techniques. Mui Chiu Fung could defeat the Gong Nam 7 Freaks by herself. Six Freaks, however, were enough to defeat Au Yeung Hak and break his finger.

Each indidvidual 7 Freak is somewhere around Jin dudes.
    Ohr Jen Ngok can take either Sa Tung Teen or Pang Lin Fu by himself, but I think the two would defeat him if they gang up on him. Other than possibly Chu Chung, however, I can't see any of the other Freaks singlehandedly beating Sa Tung Teen and Pang Lin Fu.

Au Yeung Hak and Ling Tze Seung Yan are definitely stronger than any of the Freaks, and I'm confident that Leung Tze Yung is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Three Bumps (don't know his name)
    His name is Hou Tonghai / Hau Tung Hoi.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Somewhere still inside the Ancient Tomb in LOCH, XLN's master is around at that time. No idea how good she is.

In ROCH, Orh Jen Ngok was beaten by Sha Tung Teen and the three blind flunkies and the four flunkies had broken legs and missing arms, see quotes below from ROCH translation...

"the 4 men had their left legs broken...their right legs were clapped in chains...The leader of the group had a bald and shiny head and only half a left arm. The second person had a lump on his forehead and his left arm stopped at the elbow... The 2nd man’s skills were the weakest and his lump hit right smack into the statue, causing him to black out immediately...This bald man was Sha Tong Tian, the 2nd man was his martial brother the 3-Headed Mosquito Hou Tong Hai... Ke Zhen-Ee’s skills were no match for the 4 people and was subdued almost immediately..."

The second generation Ancient Tomb Sect leader was able to hold off West Poison Au Yeung Fung for a while, but she could not defeat him outright. She had to hold off Au Yeung Fung when Lee Mok Sau (who'd just stolen the Five Poisons Manual from Au Yeung Fung) led him back to the tomb compound.

Default Ranking the martial arts of the Jin Empire flunkies from LOCH

Discounting West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Kau Cheen Yan, who were obviously much more powerful, how did the martial arts ranking of the other Jin Empire mercenary martial artists go? Here's how I see it:

1. Three way tie among Au Yeung Hak, Ling Tze Seung Yan, and Leung Tze Yung

2. Sa Tung Teen

3. Pang Lin Fu and "Mr. Three Bumps"

4. Yellow River Four Ghosts

1) Ouyang Ke - with his Lingshe palms, possibly > Mei Chaofeng
    2) Lingzhi Shangren - Poison!
    3) Liang Ziweng - Almost get thrash by GJ when he only got 1 of the 18 XLSBZ. Couldn't do anything against Mei Chaofeng.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    1) Ouyang Ke - with his Lingshe palms, possibly > Mei Chaofeng
    I don't think Au Yeung Hak surpassed Mui Chiu Fung in martial arts. Wasn't he defeated by her head-on at least once? If that's not the case, then there's still this: the Gong Nam 7 Freaks were never able to make much headway against Mui Chiu Fung after that first encounter when they blinded her, but 6 Freaks were enough to injure Au Yeung Hak (Chu Chung broke his finger and sent him fleeing).

He never used the Lingshe fists on her so that's a possiblity, but I'd say he's still behind Mei. For sure he's the best out of the Jin flunkies, and everyone else is more or less equal, with Sa being slightly below and Three bumps by far the worse.