Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else have the criteria to learn Sad Palms apart from Yang Guo?

Post Who else have the criteria to learn Sad Palms apart from Yang Guo?

Who else have the criteria to learn Sad Palms apart from Yang Guo?

I vote for Di Yun. Those years in the prison, when he missed Qi Fang, and when he found out Qi Fang was going to be married. He seems to have the criteria.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Who else have the criteria to learn Sad Palms apart from Yang Guo?

I vote for Di Yun. Those years in the prison, when he missed Qi Fang, and when he found out Qi Fang was going to be married. He seems to have the criteria.
    Xiao Feng definitely after killing his own lover.
    The emotional Xiao Feng mixed with sad palm. That's a scary thought.

Linghu Chong, when he was wrongly accuse of stealing PXJF and his 'xiao shi mei' didn't believe him. The time when LYS died also is a good time to learn it.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Lin Ping Zhi had a fairly depressing run through most of XAJH. I just wonder if he had the ability to learn the Sad Palms, given that he pretty much stank as a fighter until he Pie Xie Jian Fa'd himself.

i'm sorry, but yg was not the only depressed freak in wuxia. it's possible for others to learn it but jy only chose to concentrate on yg.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i'm sorry, but yg was not the only depressed freak in wuxia. it's possible for others to learn it but jy only chose to concentrate on yg.
    I think it takes more than just sadness; I think it takes Yeung Gor's particular combination of temperament, experiences, and martial arts foundation. I've always thought of the Sad Palms as a "chop suey" martial art (in other words, one made up of many different and disparate parts) that's an extension of Yeung Gor's personality and particular experiences, and thus, is unique to him.

If sadness were all it took, I'm guessing Lee Chum Foon would also be a good candidate to practice this skill.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Red face

his mother, mu nicia. she was sad a lot because of what yang kang did. the wu bro's when they thought that guo fu was lost to them. but the won't be able to use it once they met their future wifes. guo xiang. sad complentations because she couldn't find yang guo. she converted one of sad palms moves into a sword move. so should be able to master the whole thing. lady ying. sad her baby died, sad that ZBT ran away.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

To do Sad Palms, you need the following:

1. A little Ha Mo Gung

2. Complete set of Cheun Jen Sect martial arts

3. Complete set of Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts (including mastery of the Jade Maiden Manual)

4. a little 9 Yum Jen Ging (particularly, breath-holding technique, Yee Wan Dai Fat hypnosis technique, and acupoint unsealer technique)

5. a little Dog Beating Stick Technique

6. West Poison Au Yeung Fung's method for defeating Dog Beating Stick Technique

7. Jade Flute Sword Technique

8. Divine Finger Snap

9. try combining the above, then...

10. eat the gall bladders of some very rare snakes, improving your inner power drastically

11. get Dook Goo Kau Bai's Heavy Iron Sword. Train against waves and his Divine Condor for about sixteen years

12. Have some heartbreaking experience, like losing the most important person in the world to you

Then, you can practice Sad Palms.

I don't think you could get there any other way. You could create or learn other equally powerful or even more powerful martial arts, but it wouldn't be Sad Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

1. A little Ha Mo Gung

3. Complete set of Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts (including mastery of the Jade Maiden Manual)

4. a little 9 Yum Jen Ging (particularly, breath-holding technique, Yee Wan Dai Fat hypnosis technique, and acupoint unsealer technique)

8. Divine Finger Snap

10. eat the gall bladders of some very rare snakes, improving your inner power drastically

11. get Dook Goo Kau Bai's Heavy Iron Sword. Train against waves and his Divine Condor for about sixteen years

12. Have some heartbreaking experience, like losing the most important person in the world to you

I don't think you could get there any other way. You could create or learn other equally powerful or even more powerful martial arts, but it wouldn't be Sad Palms.
    Or you could learn the sad palm itself directly from yang Guo which already contains the necessary elements above (except for number 10 and 12). So now we only need 3 things, sad palm manual, high inner power (#10) and heartbreaking experience (#12).
    My choice above, Xiao Feng, already have the other2 , except the Sad Palm manual.

Zhang Sanfeng if history was altered and there was some kind of heartbreak involving Guo Xiang.

Default The Weeping Swordsman

Wudang 6th Hero Yin Liting, the biggest crybaby in wuxia. He blubbers in pretty much every single scene he appears in. In a crying competition, he would outwail Yang Guo by ten tears to one. He was even like this *before* Ji Xiaofu ran off with Yang "worst chat-up line in HSDS" Xiao due to Yin not being man enough to please her.

When it comes to being sad, Yin Liting is world-class.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    CLEVER
    !!!!!!!
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

Sad Palms are the accumulation of Yang Guo's martial arts and personal/emotional experience. Of course, it's an independent martial art system, so Yang Guo could teach it to someone who did not have the same martial arts training as he did... But it won't be the same. It's not just being sad alone! Yes, Xiao Feng was sad when he killed Ah Zhu, Xiao Yuanshan was sad when his wife died, Huang Yaoshi was also sad when his wife died, Di Yun was sad because of his imprisonment and Qi Fang etc. But NOBODY ever waited SIXTEEN YEARS for the love of their life. This kind of troubled anxiety and depression is very unique, it's a very specific kind of sadness. The death of someone special (a very clear situation) and waiting 16 years for someone special to return (a very uncertain situation) are just two totally different things.

Also, because Ancient Tomb style martial arts are based on emotions (the suppression of emotions), Yang Guo's personal martial art of Sad Palms is also influenced by it. It can only work efficiently when the practitioner is in a specific emotional state.

So, IMHO, only Yang Guo can apply Sad Palms. Those who have the martial arts potential did not share the same personal experience, while those who do experienced similar things (his grandfather Yang Tiexin searched 18 years for his love) do not have the martial arts talent.

The only person who comes close is of course Dragon Girl herself. Yet her martial arts power is based on tranquil mind and clear focus without emotional attachment, so when it comes to emotional state of mind she is complete opposite of Yang Guo.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

I do not recommend anyone attempting to learn Melancholic Palms, as they will more than likely die from fire deviation due to the unorthodox nature of this art, the combination of extreme power and longing sadness. In essense, this great art is unique in that only Yeung Gor can wield it.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    Wudang 6th Hero Yin Liting, the biggest crybaby in wuxia. He blubbers in pretty much every single scene he appears in. In a crying competition, he would outwail Yang Guo by ten tears to one. He was even like this *before* Ji Xiaofu ran off with Yang "worst chat-up line in HSDS" Xiao due to Yin not being man enough to please her.

When it comes to being sad, Yin Liting is world-class.
    Sad to say, but I agree with you totally.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Sad to say, but I agree with you totally.
    Being a crybaby isnt sad, its pathetic .
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Sad Palms doesn't sound like it is a direct, fierce nor aggressive type of art. XF probably won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiknew
    Sad Palms doesn't sound like it is a direct, fierce nor aggressive type of art. XF probably won't like it.
    never judge a book by it's cover .
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

1. A little Ha Mo Gung

8. Divine Finger Snap

I think its the full dog beating stick. Yang Guo learned the full set of dog beating stick technique.