Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is there any GREAT that would defend Xiangyang City better than Guo Jing?

For Guo Jing he's always"You don't have a reason to help people" while Yang Guo isn't always like that.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Do you know that on this forum, we issue fines to members who go over their bullshit quota for the day? Check your PM for the invoice, thanks.
    Actually, we don't, or SC would be wealthier than Bill Gates and the oil sheiks of Saudi Arabia combined.

Those who say that Guo Jing's achievements in martial arts being due to luck, does that make him almost another Xuzhu? Honestly I've never seen Guo Jing as another Xuzhu and nor do I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Those who say that Guo Jing's achievements in martial arts being due to luck, does that make him almost another Xuzhu? Honestly I've never seen Guo Jing as another Xuzhu and nor do I want to.
    No. They are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I am most definitely a straight male. Always have been. Always will be (no Qwai Fa Bo Deen for me).
    There is nothing wrong with being a gay male either. Doesn't make you any less of a man.

Ouyang Feng. With his multiplier poison (the one he used on the sharks) would have been deadly to an army.

Or non-greats like You Tanzhi and Ding Chunqiu using the Fetid Corpse Poison skill.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Huang Yaoshi would be great defending Xiang Yang. He was a genius.

Money has always felt under utilized in these scenarios. Any Great should be able to amass a crazy fortune that could hire a huge private army rivaling small countries.

And, the poison thing too.
    Last edited by tape; 06-30-15 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Money has always felt under utilized in these scenarios. Any Great should be able to amass a crazy fortune that could hire a huge private army rivaling small countries.

And, the poison thing too.
    Huang Yaoshi had amassed huge amount of wealth at his island. Or did he not?

Huang Yaoshi would be able to defend XY city as good as GJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Huang Yaoshi would be able to defend XY city as good as GJ.
    Maybe even better, but would he be even half as committed?

I think any other great except YG would be better than GJ if they wanted to do so (ignoring the fact that GJ had HR).

YG-too emotional and operated best alone.

WCY-he created Quanzhen and the Big Dipper Formation and would had been more skilled than GJ if he survived.
    ZBT-more skilled and more intelligent (he created LR technique). I'm quite convinced he would be able to think of some refreshing military idea.
    HYS-his formations would definitely be a huge plus for the Song army. The only problem is his eccentricity, but by ROCH, I felt he was not eccentric anymore. All his actions were pretty much justifiable.
    H7G-he led the Beggar Sect, so nothing to question him about. The wulin wanted to elect him as their leader so nothing much to dispute.
    OYF-He was intelligent and vicious enough to lead an army. After all, he did injure H7G .

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I think any other great except YG would be better than GJ if they wanted to do so (ignoring the fact that GJ had HR).

YG-too emotional and operated best alone.
    The main problem is that defense of the nation wasn't a high priority for Yeung Gor. He'll gladly help out if it doesn't get in the way of his personal priorities (chiefly Little Dragon Girl), but once he needs to choose between those priorities...well, good luck to you.

WCY-he created Quanzhen and the Big Dipper Formation and would had been more skilled than GJ if he survived.
    Central Divinity is one whom I would fully agree could do it just as well as if not better than Gwok Jing. He did, after all, dedicate most of his youth to actively fighting the Jins, and even later in life, when he was no longer actively, personally fighting them, he encouraged and supported his followers to do so.

ZBT-more skilled and more intelligent (he created LR technique). I'm quite convinced he would be able to think of some refreshing military idea.
    Absolutely not. Mindset of a prepubescent child. Undisciplined. Everything was a joke or game to him. He wouldn't take it seriously, and nobody would take him seriously. His martial arts expertise aside, would YOU follow him into life-or-death combat against the Mongol hordes? Without reservation?

HYS-his formations would definitely be a huge plus for the Song army. The only problem is his eccentricity, but by ROCH, I felt he was not eccentric anymore. All his actions were pretty much justifiable.
    His acumen far surpasses Gwok Jing's, but like Yeung Gor, his commitment is suspect. The moment he gets bored with it or thinks it's beneath him, he's out of there.

H7G-he led the Beggar Sect, so nothing to question him about. The wulin wanted to elect him as their leader so nothing much to dispute.
    He could do it quite well, and for most part, is reliable and committed. He could get lazy or distracted, though. Food temptations would always be an issue.

OYF-He was intelligent and vicious enough to lead an army. After all, he did injure H7G .
    Absolute worst choice. No patriotic or humanitarian motives. Completely self-serving and only concerned with attaining martial arts supremacy for himself. No demonstration of leadership or military/strategic acumen of record. Respected as a martial artist, but not as an individual. Who would follow him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The main problem is that defense of the nation wasn't a high priority for Yeung Gor. He'll gladly help out if it doesn't get in the way of his personal priorities (chiefly Little Dragon Girl), but once he needs to choose between those priorities...well, good luck to you.

Central Divinity is one whom I would fully agree could do it just as well as if not better than Gwok Jing. He did, after all, dedicate most of his youth to actively fighting the Jins, and even later in life, when he was no longer actively, personally fighting them, he encouraged and supported his followers to do so.

Absolutely not. Mindset of a prepubescent child. Undisciplined. Everything was a joke or game to him. He wouldn't take it seriously, and nobody would take him seriously. His martial arts expertise aside, would YOU follow him into life-or-death combat against the Mongol hordes? Without reservation?

His acumen far surpasses Gwok Jing's, but like Yeung Gor, his commitment is suspect. The moment he gets bored with it or thinks it's beneath him, he's out of there.

He could do it quite well, and for most part, is reliable and committed. He could get lazy or distracted, though. Food temptations would always be an issue.

Absolute worst choice. No patriotic or humanitarian motives. Completely self-serving and only concerned with attaining martial arts supremacy for himself. No demonstration of leadership or military/strategic acumen of record. Respected as a martial artist, but not as an individual. Who would follow him?
    Ken, that's why I said if they wanted to do so.

Also, your argument on H7G is wrong. H7G chopped off his finger after an incident in which he got distracted by food. I doubt he would repeat that same mistake again. As for him teaching GJ, I believe he always sense a spirit of righteous-ness around GJ and didn't mind teaching him.

How's about 1Deng? Being a former emperor, he will have administrative and war strategy.

Perhaps, non-Greats like Zhu Yuanzhang will do a better job than GJ.