Thread: SG-1/SGA

Default SG-1/SGA

New season starts up tomorrow (7/14/06) here in the U.S.

Look back through the past 9 seasons of SG-1 it's amazing how far the story has progressed. From bumbling explorers to handling threats at the galactic level it seems like the Tau' ri are finally living up to their "Fifth Race" legacy.

The only part that irks me a bit is that the SGC program is still hidden from the public -despite the fact that thousands of people have been exposed to either the gate itself or obviously alien technologies. I understand that it will drastically change the show but I still think it's necessary. Maybe the series finale will have it become public knowledge.

Random question about SGA:
    Why don't the puddle jumpers have a ring or beam technology? The Wraith darts have them, and they're smaller than the puddle jumpers. Even the gou'ld transports have them. Did the ancients reach a point where they can do this themselves?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

OMG i didnt know there is a thread for SG1! Im a SG1 freak *shakes hands*

*looks around* there isnt many sci-fi fan around here, is there?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

SG-1 is classic, but I can't seem to warm to SGA and now that Jack is gone, there seems to be no reason left to watch. I'm depressed.

Fav: episode where they Jack and Teal'c relive the same day over and over.

What happened to the obnoxiou Nox? Now that Earth is offical ally of Asguards, they still don't want anything to do with Earth people.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120
    SG-1 is classic, but I can't seem to warm to SGA and now that Jack is gone, there seems to be no reason left to watch. I'm depressed.

Fav: episode where they Jack and Teal'c relive the same day over and over.

What happened to the obnoxiou Nox? Now that Earth is offical ally of Asguards, they still don't want anything to do with Earth people.
    Yes, SG-1 is lame now w/o JACK!

But give SGA a chance, I didn't like it at first, but I liked the end of season 1 and Season 2 is even better.

i think i'll wait till the season is over and get the complete DVD set. can't stand watching the series when they interrupt with reruns.

Season 3 of SGA just started up again last week.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about SGA. Initially I really like premise but I think that it's become a series of cliffhangers and quick resolutions.

The scenery and sets used in the show are very nice though. I especially like the shots of Atlantis at night, and the stained glass windows with the geometric patterns.

Does anyone feel that Sheppard has picked up a "guardian angel" much like Daniel Jackson did in SG-1? He's been on very close terms with two ascended thus far. I have a feeling that some of the ascended are bending the rules again to lend a helping hand. In fact I keep on recalling the scene in SG-1 where Daniel says to Jack that he feels truly frightened now that Oma Desala isn't around anymore...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

What?!? SGA is airing new episode? Darnit! I didn't know... I didn't think they would air new episodes till March 2007.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT
    What?!? SGA is airing new episode? Darnit! I didn't know... I didn't think they would air new episodes till March 2007.
    Yes, two episodes have already aired (outside of the U.S.). The first resolved the mid-season cliffhanger while the second was about whales (or rather the whale-like creatures that Sheppard saw when he was trying to rescue Mckay from the bottom of the sea).

I thought the original schedule (at least in the U.S.) was for SGA to return in January and SG-1 in March.

-KotOR

Coo... time to do a little searching! Now that Heroes isn't airing any new episodes till next year, I'll have something to hold me over for a bit.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser
    Yes, two episodes have already aired (outside of the U.S.). The first resolved the mid-season cliffhanger while the second was about whales (or rather the whale-like creatures that Sheppard saw when he was trying to rescue Mckay from the bottom of the sea).

I thought the original schedule (at least in the U.S.) was for SGA to return in January and SG-1 in March.
    US SGA is currently on hiatus until January because of the holiday season, however the Canadian tv have already bought full licensed to show SGA uninterrupted.

i only watched sg1 up to season7. unfortunately its really hard to find sg1 dvds around here, while sga is practically scattering on the floor...somehow i cant get myself to like sga, i tried watching a few ep on the telly, but failed to get me hooked....i guess it cant beatt the original for me...much to used to o'neil's goofiness, teal'c's coolness, and sam and jackson's
    intelligence...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    i only watched sg1 up to season7. unfortunately its really hard to find sg1 dvds around here, while sga is practically scattering on the floor...somehow i cant get myself to like sga, i tried watching a few ep on the telly, but failed to get me hooked....i guess it cant beatt the original for me...much to used to o'neil's goofiness, teal'c's coolness, and sam and jackson's
    intelligence...
    I actually find the Sheppard and Mckay duo to be very entertaining to watch. Mckay is actually quite likeable in SGA while he was a total @ss in SG-1. Sheppard has also come along quite nicely despite being the O'neill clone (It's "O'Neill," with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neil with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all.). I think they did a good job differentiating Sheppard in that Sheppard is actually quite intelligent, and resourceful.

The other characters are a mixed bag. Teyla was promising in the beginning as a strong and wise leader type but with the inclusion of Ronon she's more like a supporting character now. In fact I feel that Zalenka, Beckett and Weir are often more central to the story than they are.

My problem with SGA is the storylines. There are far too many resets and holes occuring in the story.

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser
    I actually find the Sheppard and Mckay duo to be very entertaining to watch. Mckay is actually quite likeable in SGA while he was a total @ss in SG-1. Sheppard has also come along quite nicely despite being the O'neill clone (It's "O'Neill," with two L's. There's another Colonel O'Neil with only one L, and he has no sense of humor at all.). I think they did a good job differentiating Sheppard in that Sheppard is actually quite intelligent, and resourceful.

yeah, my bad, i remember o'neill is always concerned on how his name is spelled...such cuteness...eheh...i didnt know jack's replacement is also o'neil...guess i dont want to spoil the mood by looking up into the new cast of SG-1. and i still cant get it off my mind that its supposed to be sam's turn to lead the team...i mean, she is the ranking officer of the unit, one goes down supposed she steps up, eh? perhaps she's not so much into tactical thingy that they decide to have another stud into the show...*sigh*

i only watched two-three eps of SGA so i cant picture who's who when you mentioned those names....i only remember weir, the authoritative one...and the clumsy scientist who always get into argument with sam when he was on SG-1. i have a vague idea on the one named teyla...supposed she the one who always hangs around with the team when they went off-world, isnt she?

oh, how i miss SG-1....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Third series is currently in the planning phase. Anyone know what it will be called or where it will take place?

-KotOR

They doth try to milk the cow too often methinks.

There's gonna be another spinoff? Dang, where do you get your information? SG1Archive isn't as good as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT
    There's gonna be another spinoff? Dang, where do you get your information? SG1Archive isn't as good as it used to be.
    Slashdot... oddly enough.

I'm surprised SG1Archive is still up after that little incident with MGM over hosting SG1 episodes online.

I just saw that "Teal'c trapped in simulation" episode again, still can't believe that SG1-The Alliance will never see the light of day.

-KotOR