View Poll Results: Xiaoyao Sect Elders v LOCH/ROCH Greats - Who wins?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiaoyao Sect Elders

26 56.52%
  • LOHC/ROCH Greats

20 43.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xiaoyao Sect Elders v LOCH/ROCH Greats

Post Xiaoyao Sect Elders v LOCH/ROCH Greats

Xiaoyao Sect Elders are Wuyazi, Tianshan Tonglao and Li Qiushui.

The LOCH/ROCH Greats consists of Wang Chongyang, Huang Yaoshi, Yideng, Hong Qigong, Ouyang Feng, Zhou Botong, Guo Jing and Yang Guo.

Now if they gang up on Xiaoyao Elders, who wins?
    ..ext88

Hmm. Individually, the XY elders are certainly far more powerful than even an ROCH Great, but that's a lot of Greats.

If the Greats team up to use the QZ Big Dipper Formation (OYF can team up with his poisonous creatures), I'd say they'd win.

Would the XY Elders even be vulnerable to poison?

Unless they've swallowed poisonous creatures, I don't see why not. It just takes powerful poison. Ordinary poisons won't work but OYF's poison and poisonous creatures are some of the most powerful in the world.

Although they wouldn't die immediately, they'd certainly be greatly weakened if they don't stop to force the poison out.

I'd give this to the GREATS.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Cool

first there is no sufficent proof that the XYP elders were actual more powerful then the LOCH, ROCH fighters. even forgetting the five on three advantage. the XYP elders were never show to be all powerful. they were top fighters but not invincible. as strange as their skills were, the LOCH/ROCH greats match well against them.
    XYP: TSTL, LQS, WYZ.
    LOCH:WCY, yideng, HQG, OYF, HYS.
    ROCH:ZBT, yideng, HYS, GJ, YG.
    at their peak in the end of ROCH, the five experts(including HQG and OYF before their deaths) inproved tremendously. WCY is well matched against WYZ who may have been the best among the XYP trio since LQS taught him XWXG and he alreadt knew BMSG. it's unknown whether WYZ's BMSG could counter WCY's XTSG since it was a powerful inner power style and BMSG's weakness is in the strenght of the opponents inner energy. ZBT's l/r technique with his vacant fist and 9yin may be more then LQS's XWXG can handle. 9yin contains all the skills of the central plains and no matter how formless LQS's moves are, when she strikes, she uses a form and ZBT would be able to counter it. at best they each draw. yideng with his refined yiyangzhi backed up with XTSG could match TSTL 'everywhere i reign supreme skill'. it based mainly on iner power and his was the best of the experts, except for yang guo who's inner power was the most aggressive. he could probably beat TSTL. Guo Jing would be the best contender for WYZ since his HL18Z and vacant fist/9yin is the best counter for XWXG and BMSG. HYS should be the best for LQS because he can use formation against her to back up his moves and her formless skills couldn't help her there.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Alot of people underestimate the Greats of the Condor Trilogy. Each one of them are martial arts geniuses and great fighters. It takes more than fancy moves to beat the Greats, and I would favor them even in one on one battle against the XY Elders.

Based on genius and philosophy, the Greats are better.
    In actual martial arts, I give the nod to the XY elders.
    Even a ROCH supporter didn't vote for Greats. But, since YG and GJ is in, then I choose ROCH. In art, the XY 3 Elders are probably better, but one factor that can cancel that advantage is OLD age at 90+. This is a similiar case of comparing JMZ to Yideng. Where JMZ=Yideng but JMZ wins because of endurance being younger 50 years....
    If it was just old aged original Greats of ZBT, HYS, and Yideng, then I choose XY 3 elders because though the Greats have better philosophy, the elders have slighty stronger arts. And endurance is fair square here because both sides are 90+.
    However if it's a gang of Greats vs Xiao Yiao Elders, then Xiao Yiao Elders would get killed.
    Last edited by Whsie; 07-11-06 at 07:59 PM.

In one on one battles between members of the Xiao Yao Sect and the greats, XY elders are more powerful and would probably win. However 8 ROCH/LOCH greats is a lot of greats to handle, so simply based on the fact that it's very difficult to hold off all of them, i say the greats win.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    It takes more than fancy moves to beat the Greats, and I would favor them even in one on one battle against the XY Elders.
    Apart from fancy moves, you need to play dirty to defeat them eg. sucking their internal energy, kidnapping XLN.

Based on genius and philosophy, the Greats are better.
    I believe the Xiaoyao Sect Elders aren't below them in terms of genius and philosophy. Just look at WYZ and TSTL.
    ..ext88

TSTL started learning 8 Huang 6 He Wei Wo Du Zun Gong at like 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Apart from fancy moves, you need to play dirty to defeat them eg. sucking their internal energy, kidnapping XLN.

If they kidnap my Gu Gu, then YG is enough to handle 3 Senior Citizens. They better not even touch one hair on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88

I believe the Xiaoyao Sect Elders aren't below them in terms of genius and philosophy. Just look at WYZ and TSTL.
    Yeah? What aobut WYZ and TSTL? They just learned arts that were there before and didn't do anything to improve it.
    Look at HYS or WCY, created their arts by themselves. Found philosophies by themselves. YG and GJ both improved upon the arts that were passed to them.
    In genius and philosophy, I definitely believe in the Greats more.

If they kidnap my Gu Gu, then YG is enough to handle 3 Senior Citizens. They better not even touch one hair on her.
    Don't let them grab onto your arm (or any other part of your anatomy); otherwise, it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Yeah? What aobut WYZ and TSTL? They just learned arts that were there before and didn't do anything to improve it.
    Look at HYS or WCY, created their arts by themselves. Found philosophies by themselves. YG and GJ both improved upon the arts that were passed to them.
    In genius and philosophy, I definitely believe in the Greats more.
    Where are XWXG, BMSG and 8H6HWWDZ from?
    Still searching for my GuGu

Quote Originally Posted by R!chard
    Where are XWXG, BMSG and 8H6HWWDZ from?
    from their master..... Their master split his art into 3 main sections and split it among LQS, TSTL, WYZ. The 3 didn't change anything themselves....

Who is this master? Why do I have a feeling he/she seems very strong?
    Still searching for my GuGu

Quote Originally Posted by R!chard

Who is this master? Why do I have a feeling he/she seems very strong?
    Never mentioned. But the master(who is unknown) splitting the martial art into 3 sets for WYZ, TSTL, LQS was stated in the novel.... somewhere. I don't remember where. Ask someone for the quote and translate it.

虚竹大惊,忙将她放下地来,问道:“前辈,你……你说什么?”童姥的脸已涨成紫色,泪水滚滚而下,叫道:“ 你和李秋水这贱人私通了,是不是?你还想抵赖?还不肯认?否则的话,她怎能将‘小无相功’传你?小贼,你… …你瞒得我好苦。”虚竹摸不着头脑,问道:“什么‘小无相功’?”

童姥一呆,随即定神,拭干了眼泪,叹了口气,道:“没什么。你师父对我不住。”

原来虚竹背诵歌诀之时,在许多难关上都迅速通过,倒背时尤其显得流畅,童姥猛地里想起,那定是修习了“ 小无相功”之故。她与无崖子、李秋水三人虽是一师相传,但各有各的绝艺,三人所学颇不相同,那“小无相功”师父只传了李秋水 一人,是她的防身神功,威力极强,当年童姥数次加害,李秋水皆靠“小无相功”保住性命。童姥虽然不会此功,但对 这门功夫行使时的情状自是十分熟悉,这时发现虚竹身上不但蕴有此功,而且功力深厚,惊怒之下,竟将虚竹当作 无崖子,将他拍打起来。待得心神清醒,想起无崖子背着自己和李秋水私通勾结,又是恼怒,又是自 伤。

Translation of bolded part: She and WYZ, LQS 3 person though had the same master, but each of them have each martial arts, the arts the 3 of them learn are all different, her master only gave that Xiao Wu Xiaong Gong to LQS.

Though TSTL doesn't know how to use or train Xiao Wu Xiaong Gong, but TSTL still can easily recognize the chi and how it works.

Based of this, there was a master.

WYZ and TSTL didn't do anything to improve their arts but have you considered the possibility that the arts had reached an unimprovable level?

Did WCY improve 9 Yin?

Did ZWJ improve 9 Yang?

Was OYF's reverse 9 Yin an improvement over the normal version?

Why was ZBT using Demon Subduing Fist from 9 Yin? Surely he could have improved the fist technique with his Quanzhen martial arts?

Do you think HYS's Peach Blossom Palms were as good as Heavenly Mountain 6 Yang Palms? If HYS got TS6YZ would he be able to do squat to improve it?

Why didn't Yideng improve Yiyang Zhi? If he was such a genius surely his YYZ > 6MSJ?