Thread: New on TV

Default News on TV

After a hard day at work or a hard day in school, u're back at home. You're needed to watch the news on tv so as to keep yourself updated. So here's my question:

Which channel will u turn to if u're to watch a news in mandarin? Channel 8 or Channel U? And why?

Thanks for contributing.
    Last edited by HynAvian; 07-14-06 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake!
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

channel u. cos it looks hip, fun and they actually import (read: not made in singapore) interesting or at least fashionable tv shows.

channel 8 on e other hand i think is catered to the older generation crowd which might explain why most of the 7pm slot serials are usually family oriented. and did i mention that the variety shows simply suck?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyxy
    channel u. cos it looks hip, fun and they actually import (read: not made in singapore) interesting or at least fashionable tv shows.

channel 8 on e other hand i think is catered to the older generation crowd which might explain why most of the 7pm slot serials are usually family oriented. and did i mention that the variety shows simply suck?
    I agree that something is wrong with Singapore shows, but also, can I mention about their taste for foreign shows? Those Japanese and Korean shows featuring in Channel U are boring me out..

channel 8. channel u's news is on 11pm which is too late for me, plus i don't watch the news much.

Channel 8 - Not because I like their news or anything, but like AlexFongCS, the 11 pm slot is kinda late, by that time I am usually happy-ing away on the internet or watching DVDs already. 7 pm is a nice slot cause that's the time I take my dinner... eat and watch at the same time.

That's great. Channle 8 is showing whenever I'm not there. So sad.

I prefer watching channel 8, i think it is most probabaly because i got a slight inclination to channel 8 and for some reason i feel channel U is not as appealing, i think maybe cos channel 8 was the "original" channel, but sometimes channel U has some interesting shows but more often im a channel 8 person. (but s'pore shows are really getting boring! is it true we have no creative plots?)

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Neither cos I don't live in singapore!!!