Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What makes HL18Z's Xiao Feng superior?

Post What makes HL18Z's Xiao Feng superior?

What makes HL18Z's XF stronger than H7G or GJ?
    I asks this because their HL18Z's basically the same kungfu, isn't it?
    Is it because he is a very talented Martial Artist or he has higher internal energy?
    If it's the case, but isn't Guo Jing is also a talented martial art and has good internal energy of QZ & 9 Yin?
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Because of XIAO FENG.

He could probably beat GJ or H7G even if he did not use his HL18Z. Serious!

JY never described anyone else besides Xiao Feng who could beat fighters with better techniques and inner strength so convincingly that they don't want a re-match ever again. And with natural fighting potential which grows more deadly when the threat increases.

Perhaps a lot of it is just perception. The way Xiao Feng was described is just so awe inspiring and butt-kicking that its hard to imagine him being beaten.

e.g. even though its entirely reasonable that sweeper monk can force Xiao Feng back with his force field (like how he pushed MRF back, JY didn't let him push XF back). Unlike other heroes in JY books, XF was never forced back or made to look weaker against a superior opponent. So perception plays a big part, to be fair.

I agree Xiao Feng appear to be a better fighter, but is it really reasonable to say a 31 years old Xiao Feng is so much better than 50 years old GJ. Xiao Feng is great, but I don't believe he is that more powerful than GJ. Dare I say it, but I think he is a little over-rated. Just an opionion, don't kill me!

"Xiao Feng is great, but I don't believe he is that more powerful than GJ. Dare I say it, but I think he is a little over-rated. Just an opionion, don't kill me"

Ive thought that while reading some of the threads reagarding QF but i would never have the balls to say it u r very brave now u will proboally get shot down many times. Even people who r GJ fans belive QF is much stronger(sum not all) for diffrent reasons.

"So perception plays a big part, to be fair"

THE MOST intellegent thing ive heard in the threads reagarding QF vs whoever debate

Originally posted by LiarLiar
    I agree Xiao Feng appear to be a better fighter, but is it really reasonable to say a 31 years old Xiao Feng is so much better than 50 years old GJ. Xiao Feng is great, but I don't believe he is that more powerful than GJ. Dare I say it, but I think he is a little over-rated. Just an opionion, don't kill me!
    man you are brave. Don't worry I'm on your side, but I'm too scare to back you up.

"man you are brave. Don't worry I'm on your side, but I'm too scare to back you up"

Ideas evolve in these forums at one time i belived XLN= or greater then DFBB but u guys killed that so maybe this is the thread that changes peoples perception on XF...........or maybe he will just get slaughtered worse than eny1 XF faced
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 02-13-04 at 04:53 PM.

Have you ever heard the term 'It's not how powerful or big it is, but it's how you use it' ?

Well.. this is where Xiao Feng's best attribute is... He's able to handle every fight he's in better than anyone else. I'm not saying that his HL18Z is weaker or at the same level of GJ or H7Q, in fact, I always under the impression that his inner power cultivation is the strongest of the three and therefore every single strikes of his HL18Z are very lethal, powerful and deathly.

Despite how the actual power of his HL18Z is, I believe XF wins and he always wins because of these five attributes :

1) XF is Natural Born Fighter
    2) XF is perhaps the most talented in JY universe, therefore he can do any moves better and faster than anyone else. (Remember the fight against the Shaolin Monk in the Manor)
    3) XF is a Beast, when he's angry
    4) XF disregard his own life, because of all the misfortune he's been through
    5) XF has the aura and charisma

I think GJ has modified HL18Z to much better techniques with 9-Yin. And therefore, I believe his version of HL18Z is definitely better than H7Q's HL18Z.

So the argument is actually between XF and GJ. Perhaps it's just how JY presents how XF handles his fight in every single battle. XF never loses and he is always able to handle every fight with supreme confidence, absolute control and amazing tenacity, even in the Manor when facing hundreds of Top Rated Fighters or against 3 of the Best fighters in Shaolin.

We probably don't see it in GJ because he's much more reserved, calmer, and has HR to advise him in every situation. So we never really GJ going beserk and start blowing up up people with his HL18Z. Even when he's fighting against GWM and his followers in the Mongolian camp, he stays calm.

The Sweeper Monk is the best fighter in JY Cannons. Xiao Feng is the only fighter who can give SM somekind of resistance. The Sweeper Monk is able to handle XYS, MRB and JMZ like a bunch of little kids effortlessly. Doesn't that tell you something ?
    Last edited by Temujin; 02-13-04 at 05:26 PM.

Thank you for saying I'm brave. Sometime things are up to interpretation. I think the way I think for a reason. One thing, I don't think the theory that each era is worst than the one before it can be use here. The reason why the era after is not as good because martial arts is lost through time and the people afterward are incapable of master their martial arts.We are talking about two people with the same martial arts here and both of whom master their skill. Who can say GJ HL18Z is that much worst than XF? GJ has 9 yin to power his plams, I'm not saying that it is better, but certainly not that much worst right. GJ other skills were not that bad either, L/R, Vacant Fists, 8 yin skills were not pushover, and I feel can compare to XF other skills.
    XF fought three people at the temple. GJ fought three or four people in camp and as I remember for a much longer fight. Isn't that comparable? I know XF opponents is stronger, but none of those guys were as strong as he is. Golden Wheel Monk is as strong as GJ, so he has to fight him plus other people. I find that impressive. You have to compare GJ in ROCH with XF because they were in their thirties. We never saw XF in his teens, so it is hard to compare. GJ got beat in teens a lots, and we saw it with our own eyes, maybe because of that we see him as not as unbeatable as XF, but I don't think that is fair. GJ in his thirties is quite unbeatable like XF.

about the HL18Z of Xiao Feng

I have an thought, might not be true, so don't kill me for saying something wrong.

I think XF's HL18Z packed so much power, is his physical training, something like YG does. In physical training, the trainer will increase his or her power by just using his or her power until they are exhausted. The training not only increase the inner power, but also increase the user's ablilty to applies their power. Through this training, XF learn how to applies his power to extreme level.

I also think that XF's shaolin's basic inner power isn't pure shaolin inner power anymore. The way how he train his inner power, might effect his inner power. Ex: are animal who adapts to their surrounding such as the whale who used to be land animal. XF used his inner power to an extreme, which his inner power might can not handle that kind of stress, so his inner power adapt to the situation by changing. So his inner power become more and more compatible and perfect for HL18Z.
    But I believe this type of training might back fire, when the trainer reached an old age. The trainer trained by putting stress on the body to get stronger, but all these stress hurt the user when user's body begin to age or decay and might die early. This part might not true because I never saw anyone train like this and reach an old. The only person is DGQB, but we never saw him.
    Even thought YG trained like this, his power might not be as perfect as XF, because he ate snake gall bladder. The snake gall bladder made his inner power not pure inner energy while HL18Z require pure internal power.

XF IS SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN XYS, MRB and JMZ IF NOT EQUAL HE WOULD OF GOTTEN DESTROYED BY SWEEPER HAD SWEEPER WANTED TO KILL HIM. I DOUBT THE XF WOULD BE ABLE TO "OFFER RESISTANCE" IF SWEEPER HAD WANTED TO HARM XF.

THE THING BOUT XF INTERNAL ENERGY SOUNDS TRUE NEVER READ HOW XF TRANIED INTERNAL ENERGY (WAS HE GOING AS HARDCORE AS YG???)IVE BARELY STARTED ON DGSD( WANNA FINISH ROCH FIRST) SO THE ONLY THING I KNOW BOUT HIM IS FROM THE SHAOLIN BATTLE BUT I ALWAYS WONDERED Y HIS INNER POWER IS SO GOOD SHAOLIN INNER POWER IS SOLID BUT IS IT BETTER THEN 9 YIN WHICH IS ITS COUNTER ? PHYSICAL TRAINING OF INNER POWER DOES NOT SEEM BELOW 9YIN ATLEAST NOT WHEN YG USED.

ABOUT THE 3 ON1 FIGHT AT SHAOLIN WOULDNT IT BE LIKE GJ TAKING ON ZWJ(WITH ONLY BASIC SKILLS BACKED WIT 9YANG),QQR AND LIKE A MCF(WHO WERE BOTH GOOD BUT A STEP LOWER?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 02-13-04 at 06:23 PM.

XF just puts a lot of attitude into his palms

Jin Yong. Jin Yong made his palms stronger.

Originally posted by Dirt
    Jin Yong. Jin Yong made his palms stronger.
    And that's the most honest answer (and truest as well) here so far

Xiao Feng is just the biggest ***-whupper around. The way Jing Yong portrays him makes his palms seem stronger, plus he can go into Super Saiyan mode; think about that series of palm strikes he levelled at Ding Chunqiu, another top level martial artist; so strong that Ding Chunqiu was afraid even to block it, because he knew that if he tried, all his bones would be shattered. Can you think of Guo Jing doing something like that to JLFW?

I think basically, the palms of XF were described til it looks a lot more powerful than the ones in the Condor Trilogy. Like the blast that he tried to smash DCQ with. And I don't think that blasting out a lot of energy from XL18Z can do you that good, not that I'm saying that he doesn't train physically. But that'll deplete your internal energy faster then it'll help in my opinion.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

First, I would want to say I like XF much better than GJ. I might not sound like it, but it's true. XF is the greatest hero in JY stories. Some really great posts so far. I especially like the agrument Jin Yong just made XF plams look more powerful. That is so true. JY really does do that. This really had to do with XF's personality, he is do or die. Whenever he uses a move, he put his entire effect to it. GJ isn't like that at all. His plams is used as waves and waves of power. He doesn't use all his might with one strike. This to many people is a lots less impressive than XF all out attempt, but I want to say not any less powerful.

I don't think that GJ can pull out palms that are as powerful even if he used all his might though. I think he used all his might in ROCH when his palm clashed with OYF, but it doesn't look as powerful as XF.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

There is no way that Guo Jing got have struck at Jin Lun Fa Wang so hard that JLFW would have felt himself to be in mortal danger if he tried to block the palm.

Remember...YTZ has a very high amount of internal energy, yet DCQ matched palms with him several times. He was thrown back, yes, but he matched palms. With regards to Xiao Feng, however, DCQ didn't even dare block. Just think about the power differences.

GJ all out attempt might not look as powerful as XF, because that is not his strength. It is XF strength. What I trying to say is the strength in GJ is his plams can lasting longer. In a long fight it might be better than XF. Because XF uses so much power for every plams. His power doesn't last as long. In the shaolin fight XF was afraid that if the fight last too long he is in trouble. GJ's plams should last longer because he does do all out like XF. A battle between XF and GJ, can go two ways. If you think, XF can beat GJ qucikly, than he is the better fighter. If XF can't beat him quickly, his power might ran out quicker than GJ. I didn't think XF can beat GJ quickly, that is why I'm making this agrument.

I agree with Temujin, XF is a fierce & beast fighter.
    I think everyone tend to be scared first before fighting with him.
    You know when someone are already down, he's not gonna fight with his full potential (Just my opinion).
    Maybe that's why XF could beat fighters with better techniques and inner strength so convincingly.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

The thing is, even in the fight with YTZ and MRF, the only reason XF had to keep on 'blasting' away was because of the way they fought against him. He couldn't resist YTZ's icy palms with ease (they caused discomfort) so he had to repeatedly clash. And even then, it would've taken him 'hours' to get exhausted.