Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hong Kong Special Cases
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Hong Kong Special Cases

  1. #1
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default Hong Kong Special Cases

    Title: Hong Kong Special Cases
    Chinese title: 香港奇案实录



    Cast:
    Kenneth Chan
    Hugo Ng
    Gilbert Lam
    Ka Wing
    Ricky Chan
    Kylie Kwok
    Wong Mei
    Elana Kong
    Ken Chang
    Eddie Ko
    Gabriel Harrision
    Pinky Cheung
    Benny Chan
    David To
    Andrew Yeun
    etc

    This series consist of 7 different stories that are based on real cases that happened in HK. Most of ATV well know actors and actresses are involved in this series. The above list are only consist of cast whom I know the name of. There are name other cast that I left out.

    I doubt the series follows exactly the events that happen in the real case. Some situations are to dramalike. But it's still a good series. The cases the choose to adapt varied and the way the use to film the stories are also varied. For some cases, they also add in profressional info related to the case. Like one case involved a serial killer, they are a professional police psychologist tell us about the mind of people with pyscological problem. For the bank robbery case, they give us info about firearms.

    So far my favourite cases are
    - Serial Killer case with Kenneth and Hugo Ng
    - Firearm case with Gabriel Harrison and Ricky Yuen
    - Demon Angel case with Kylie Kwok and Ken Chang
    Attached Images Attached Images
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #2
    Junior Member the heroine of the yangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Excuse me???? do u know where (what website) i can watch this movie.... Gilbert lam is in this movie YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    by the way... do u know the name of this movie in vietnamese?

    thak you
    bye.

  3. #3
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Sorry. Dunno what its name is in vietnamese. Do u know cantonese?

    I dunno where u can watch this series online. I rented it from video store. If your objective is only to see Gilbert, u might be disappointed. He is in only 1 of the 7 stories. So is Kenneth Chan, Ricky Chan, Benny Chan, Gabriel Harrison, Ken Chang etc. Only Ka Wing and Kylie are in 2 stories.

    But, I'll tell u which story he is in, so, u can see that story only if u want. He's in the 5 Corpses Murder case.

    Here's the info from ATV page

    http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/hkspecialcases/ep05.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    I saw like a preview trailer of this. But it said "Hong Kong Criminal Cases" I'm pretty sure it's the same though cause i saw Gilbert and i compared the Chinese name and it looked the same. The viet name should be "Khung Bo Ky An".
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  5. #5
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Who has seen this series? Want to discuss about the 'Demon Angel' case.

    Spoiler!

    1) Do u sympathise with Sze(Kylie Kwok) at the end or, like her 3rd boyfriend, u think she's a demon?

    2) Do u think she killed her 'husband' on purpose or in self-defense? She initially was going to take a less heavy object but then end up taking the hammer.

    3) Do u think the husband deserves to die? He was strangling Sze when Sze hit him with the hammer.

    4) Do u agree with Sze's 3rd boyfriend that her problem was she was never satisfied with what she has? Do u think she should be satisfied or should she continue to strive for better option in her life?

    5) If u are the 3rd boyfriend, will you accept her back into your life after she finish serving her sentence? Will u take care of her daughter for her (she did leave her daughter to you when she's on the run because she trust u)?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-12-06 at 01:10 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Who has seen this series? Want to discuss about the 'Demon Angel' case.

    Spoiler!

    1) Do u sympathise with Sze(Kylie Kwok) at the end or, like her 3rd boyfriend, u think she's a demon?

    2) Do u think she killed her 'husband' on purpose or in self-defense? She initially was going to take a less heavy object but then end up taking the hammer.

    3) Do u think the husband deserves to die? He was strangling Sze when Sze hit him with the hammer.

    4) Do u agree with Sze's 3rd boyfriend that her problem was she was never satisfied with what she has? Do u think she should be satisfied or should she continue to strive for better option in her life?

    5) If u are the 3rd boyfriend, will you accept her back into your life after she finish serving her sentence? Will u think care of her daughter for her (she did left her daughter to you when she's on the run because she trust u)?

    1) I didn't think she was a demon reallyI sympathized her, but not that much. All that time, i don't know why she couldn't just ask her parents for help.

    2) I don't think it was self-defense. Maybe if she used the smaller object, it would've been self-defense. But she chose to kill him in the end. And i didn't see the need for that, in that situation. (If all that made sense.)

    3) No, i don't think he needed to die. He might've stopped strangling her once he came to his senses, like the father-daughter case. I felt really sorry for him when he wanted to start over and was hoping she'll agree. He was never really mean to the kids, but she was probably giving him too much pressure.

    4) I don't really think that is her problem. Alot of people want to have better options. But she really should've broken up with her 'husband' before looking for a better life. She shouldn't be pulling him along without telling him. I mean she did pick him in the first place. If she wasn't satisfied with what she had, maybe she should just break it off.

    5) I would accept her, but only to help her, as a friend. Help her get a steady job and what not. But maybe her parents will do that. And i would let her parents take care of her daughter, if that's okay with them and her. They are her grandparents, and i would think they'd want to help.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  7. #7
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Thanks for the great answers. Finally someone that is interested in the series.
    Anyway, I won't have access to the internet for the next whole week. So, will answer you after 1 week.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Okay. I couldn't answer before cause i didn't get to watch the whole thing so i didn't want to spoil it. But this is an interesting series.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  9. #9
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    1) I didn't think she was a demon really I sympathized her, but not that much. All that time, i don't know why she couldn't just ask her parents for help.
    Maybe she doesn't want to disappoint her parents. She has always been a good girl in front of them. Cohabitting and having kids with someone while still schooling certainly aren't examples of a good girl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    1)3) No, i don't think he needed to die. He might've stopped strangling her once he came to his senses, like the father-daughter case. I felt really sorry for him when he wanted to start over and was hoping she'll agree. He was never really mean to the kids, but she was probably giving him too much pressure.
    Actually, I think he loved their kids more than Sze. Sze was the one always frustrated with her kids. The 'husband' really did try hard to maintain a living for his family (although not a very successful one). What I don't get is, why he didn't go look for the baby after his Sze told him she has thrown the baby away. He just sat there and felt sad, instead of asking Sze where she has thrown the baby and go look for him there. Does he not want the baby too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    4) I don't really think that is her problem. Alot of people want to have better options. But she really should've broken up with her 'husband' before looking for a better life. She shouldn't be pulling him along without telling him. I mean she did pick him in the first place. If she wasn't satisfied with what she had, maybe she should just break it off.
    She did love him once. Maybe there's still feelings there. So, she held on to the relationship before securing a better one, instead of giving everything up all at once. She's still human and has her feelings and attachment (although she really sounded like a mosnter at the end).

    I wonder. Did she actually love her 2nd and 3rd boyfriend or not, or just using them to bring her happiness? I feel she did have genuine feelings for her 'husband'. But the 2nd and 3rd one, I feel she just wanted a happy life and looking to them to give her one.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Maybe she doesn't want to disappoint her parents. She has always been a good girl in front of them. Cohabitting and having kids with someone while still schooling certainly aren't examples of a good girl.
    Maybe, but wouldn't killing someone, going to jail, and throwing her baby away just as disappointing?


    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually, I think he loved their kids more than Sze. Sze was the one always frustrated with her kids. The 'husband' really did try hard to maintain a living for his family (although not a very successful one). What I don't get is, why he didn't go look for the baby after his Sze told him she has thrown the baby away. He just sat there and felt sad, instead of asking Sze where she has thrown the baby and go look for him there. Does he not want the baby too?
    Yes i also thinks he loves his kids, but I think he was more in shock. I mean, when he first met her she was just and innocent little girl. And although she's cheating on him, i think he still believed that she still loves her kids and just hates him. So when she threw the baby away, he might just be wondering and asking himself how she became that way. I certainly did. What i really wan to know is if the baby was his.



    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    She did love him once. Maybe there's still feelings there. So, she held on to the relationship before securing a better one, instead of giving everything up all at once. She's still human and has her feelings and attachment (although she really sounded like a mosnter at the end).
    I think if there still were little feelings there, she should've try to make it grow. Being a little nicer sure would've helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I wonder. Did she actually love her 2nd and 3rd boyfriend or not, or just using them to bring her happiness? I feel she did have genuine feelings for her 'husband'. But the 2nd and 3rd one, I feel she just wanted a happy life and looking to them to give her one.
    I think she love (or maybe loved) her 'husband' the most. She might just have a bit of feelings for them, like a crush. I think what made her be with them is just, like you said, to have a happier life.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  11. #11
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    I've only watch about 4 stories of this series then got bored of it(and give up). My favouite story is the one with Kylie Kwok!!!

    Spoilers: Loads of bin thai charc on this series!!!!!

  12. #12
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    Maybe, but wouldn't killing someone, going to jail, and throwing her baby away just as disappointing?
    Sometime running away is still easier than facing the disappointed face of your love ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    Yes i also thinks he loves his kids, but I think he was more in shock. I mean, when he first met her she was just and innocent little girl. And although she's cheating on him, i think he still believed that she still loves her kids and just hates him. So when she threw the baby away, he might just be wondering and asking himself how she became that way. I certainly did. What i really wan to know is if the baby was his.
    Hmm. Dunno. I never doubt the child was her husband.

    I wonder what happened to the real life Sze now and also her little girl and her 3rd boyfriend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I've only watch about 4 stories of this series then got bored of it(and give up). My favouite story is the one with Kylie Kwok!!!

    Spoilers: Loads of bin thai charc on this series!!!!!
    I agree the series got boring towards the end. I never finished the last story (WTO story) either. The most boring story are the WTO story and the credit card fraud story. The armed robbery one also quite boring but the ending is unexpected and it's main villain is my favourite character in the whole series. What a charismatic character. All the time, I was rooting for him not to get caught.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  13. #13
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Is the WTO the one with the Koreans? Yea, that one was boring. I didn't even get it. The father- daughter case was boring too. I like the armed robbery and Gilbert's case the best.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  14. #14
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay_Thi
    Is the WTO the one with the Koreans? Yea, that one was boring. I didn't even get it. The father- daughter case was boring too. I like the armed robbery and Gilbert's case the best.
    For me, Bik Fu Sam, the main villain of the armed robbery case, is the saving grace of the story. What a character. The beginning and the ending parts were good, but the middle story a bit boring. Maybe too many robberies. I was never into robberies story before . Also, the short guy is very annoying. I pity his 2 partners a bit. If not for the short guy, they won't have gotten themselves in the armed robbery business. The short guy got Bik Fu Sam to save his ***, but they don't. I wonder what happened to Bik Fu Sam now.

    Yes, the WTO case is the one with the Koreans. Although I like Benny Chan a lot, the story is too boring for me to finish it. The father-daughter case is quite good. Very touching. I feel sorry for both father and daughter. Gilbert's case is the only true whodunit in the whole series. But the most suspenseful is the serial killer case. We already know who the killer is way from the beginning, but the mind game between the killer and the police makes the atmosphere of the story very intense.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  15. #15
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    I thought the robbery was interesting and I agree, I like Bik Fu Sam character too. I also like that character with a scar on his face, the one with the wife. He was really loyal. The short guy was really annoying, not only his character, but his looks too. But he seemed familiar, iono maybe i saw him in another series.

    Yea, I wished Benny was in a more interesting case. At first, I thought he and Kylie were going to have a relationship, since she liked heroes and he saved her. I really disliked her boyfriend, up until the end. I actually liked Gilberts case a bit more than Kenneth's. Maybe cause i like whodunit cases. I felt so sorry for the 5 people. It was just sad how they showed each one dying. I found Kenneth's case a bit too long. Then again. maybe it seemed long because i was waiting for Kylie's case.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  16. #16
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Yeah, the 5 people died very painfully. They were all so hope, looking forward to a better future, and that's what they get in return.

    Who played Kylie's boyfriend in the WTO case? I forgot already.

    You most probably have seen the short guy in movies. He's a movie actor. This is the first time I've seen him in series. His name is screen name Bat Leung Gam.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  17. #17
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Yea, but that's what you get for being to superstitous. Pity for the kids who had nothing to do with it.

    I don't know who he is either, but Benny looks so much cuter.

    Yea probably. Who's that chubby guy in the WTO case that was a hostage? I'm pretty sure he's in an old series cause me and my sister both remember him.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

  18. #18
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    The chubby guy's name is Lau Sek Yin. He's an old ATV actor. Has been with ATV ever since I first saw him nearly a decade ago. He has been in lots of ATV series. Some noteable ones are The Pride of Chaozhou, Flaming Brothers, To Where He Belongs and Venter Against Time.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  19. #19
    Junior Member stylin-annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    wow i can't believe there's only one page about this series because i thought i was really good. i love Kenneth Chan and Pinky Cheung so i was estatic to see them finally end up together even if it was just for a little bit. And of course Chin Pang looked incredibly gorgeous in this movie!!!! but i hated the sweet little korean girl he ended up with, she kept saying stupid things like "i really cherish the times we spent together in the past....." uh, i wanted to shove her!
    ALWAYS DREAMING OF CHAN CHIN PANG!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Kay_Thi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    515

    Default

    lol i agree with you stylin-annie!
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Similar Threads

  1. Hong Kong + Macau
    By jay_z in forum Travel and Food
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-07, 08:01 PM
  2. Mr Hong Kong 2006
    By Sword Goddess in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-06, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •