Thread: loose bits of excerpt/translation on the forums.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Default loose bits of excerpt/translation on the forums.

found this excerpt done by PJ, so i thought i puut it out for others to read, if you find more loose bits of excerpt in the wuxia disscusion forum, put it here.~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    after the palm display, feeling more energetic, SPT holds no sword but begins practicing the sword style of "Killing One in 10 Feet." Although holding no real sword, he is nevertheless able to render the sword stances persistently... in fact his sword stances, palm stances, internal energy, lightness stances have been unified; the styles can no longer be distinguished... No need to remember or think about the moves, he is now able to naturally translate the thousands of stances from the heart to his body movement.

And continuing:

Shi Potian began subconsciously demonstrating the divine art that he obtained from the stone walls. Shocked to witness such splendid movements, Lord Long dashed forward to test its power. At the time Shi Potian was in a trance, unaware of what was happening; when he detected someone approaching, he automatically responded with his new power. After several stances, Lord Long was unable to fend off, and Lord Mu came to aid him. The 2 lords' kung fu were definitely above everyone else during that era; yet their combined power were no match for Shi Potian's newly acquired mighty art. If the 2 lords would have stopped fighting, Shi Potian would have stopped responding, but the lords were determined to test the true capabilities of Ode to Gallantry art. The more fiercely they attacked, the more fiercely Shi Potian responded. Their fight became more and more vigorous as their palm wind hit the walls around them. As soon as their palm wind made contact with the wall, the surface of the wall crumbled. All 3 experts' palm power were of the highest calibre in the field of martial arts; as such, their strength embody great subtlety not apparent to the naked eye. The stone walls were crumbled but they did not fall apart immediately; rather, they collapsed slowly in a neat fashion.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Default DGSD, zhuo bufan related disparate translations.

(fragmented transslation by others that i complied here.FYI)

{The Premier Monster of Pearl Cliff scolded: "You stupid idiot. What did that old ***** say before she died?" Xuzhu replied: "Do you mean Tianshan Tonglao? Well, her last words were 'not her, not her, not her. Haha, Haha, Haha.' She laughed 3 times and then died." Everyone was at a loss to interpret what this "not her" and "haha" meant. The Premier Monster shouted: "What else did the ***** say?" Xuzhu said: "My friend, please respect the deceased and do not call her that." The Premier Monster became angry; he lifted his left hand to smash Xuzhu's head
    Suddenly with flash of cold air, a sword extended on top of Xuzhu's head with the sharp edges facing upward. If the Premier Monster continued to strike with his hand, most likely it would have been chopped off by the sharp blade before reaching the scalp. Shocked, he retreated his hand in time; however since he did so in a hurry he was thrown back 3 steps. He felt a minor pain on his palm. He saw a thin straight line of wound by the sword bleeding. Scared and shocked at the same time, he knew that if he retrieved his palm by half a second late, he would have lost his hand to the sword. He looked angrily at the man who extended the sword. This man was wearing a green outfit, around 50 years of age, long beard/hair (?) floating, with a delicate face. The Premier Monster knew this man was none other than SWORD GOD ZUO... I mean Zhuo Bufan. Judging from the accuracy and speed of his sword positioning, there is no doubt that this man's sword skills have reached the peak of perfection.
    When the entire organization to which Zhuo Bufan belong to was slaughtered by Tianshan Tonglao, luckily Zhuo was not present at the time; however he never dared return. He escaped to the wild and cold areas of Changbai Mountain (Changbai Shan) to practice the sword. He unintentionally obtained a sword manual passed from a master of previous generation. After practicing diligently for 30 years, he finally reached high proficiency in the art, with which he believed to be unmatched under heaven.
    Zhuo Bufan ignored the glare of the Premier Monster of Pearl Cliff. ‘Little Friend, do not be afraid. These people will not so much as harm a hair of your body when I, the one named Zhuo is around’ he addressed Xu Zhu gently.

Suddenly a loud voice shouted from the side, ‘How dare you interfere with the affairs of the 72 caves! We invited you here to assist us in our task to slay all the evil witches but you are obviously trying to usurp the secrets of Ling Jiu Palace for yourself!’ The person who spoke was Elder Jia of Xuan Ming Island. With a slight nod of his head, several of his clansman leapt forward to surround Xu Zhu and Zhuo Bufan with swords and sabres drawn.

‘Ah! Ah!’ Xu Zhu raised his sleeves in panic. ‘Everybody! Please calm down. The Lord Buddha is merciful! We should not fight amonst ourselves! Please listen to me!’

‘Out with it! What did the witch say?’ Elder Jia swept his saber towards Xu Zhu’s neck. He only wanted to slice a flesh wound on Xu Zhu to intimidate him but the saber stroke was still fierce and quick. Xu Zhu could only raise his arms and plead ‘Please! I…’

Who could have guessed that by the time the sabre reached Xu Zhu, the blade had already been severed midway! Six shards of blue light flashed in all directions as a cold aura filled the room. Ding! Ding! Dang! The six Xuan Ming clansman could only freeze in terror as every single one of their blades were severed exactly 1 inch from the hilt! The cuts were precisely performed, no one could imagine that such precision and speed was possible from a swordsman! The Sword God Zhuo BuFan was truly deserving of his name! No one in the room could still doubt that he had truly reached the peak of perfection in the sword. For a moment, the entire hall was silent with fear. Elder Jia was rooted to the spot in terror, unable even to step backwards or lower his hand which still gripped the useless sabre hilt.

The silence was only broken by the gentle laughter of Zhuo Bufan, ‘Little friend, what do you think of my swordplay? Would you like to learn it? If you learn my Sky Crippling Sword Stance, no one will dare to ever bully you again!’
    Little monk did not.. Ah! Ah!’ Xu Zhu was waving his sleeves in panic. ‘Tong… Tong Lao she…. Ai! Ai!’ Xu Zhu was at a loss for words as he stared helplessly around the room. “Master Duan! Please help me say a few words of reason!” However, Duan Yu was at this moment staring at Wang YuYan, mesmerized as she stood quietly behind Murong Fu. He had not seen Zhuo Bufan’s execution of his Sky Crippling Sword or heard even one word of what Xu Zhu had said.

Bao Butong moved himself slightly towards Murong Fu and whispered ‘Young Master, what should we do now? This swordsman Zhuo is an amazing exponent. Should side with him? He could be a useful friend to have!’

‘What of it? He is but one man! The 72 caves and 36 Islands can rally thousands upon thousands of men to our great cause, we must always put the restoration of the Great Yan formost’, Murong Fu sneered. With a wave of his sleeve, he stepped forward, hands cupped in salutation. In his mind, he had decided to step forward on behalf of the members of the 72 caves and 36 islands. By assisting them here, they will surely owe him a debt of gratitute’. ‘Great Hero Zhuo! Junior has long heard of your name and am in admiration of your swordplay. Junior would appreciate a few pointers from Senior!’

“Hng!” Zhuo Bufan snorted. “So the house of Gusu Murong also intends to steal the secrets of Ling Jiu Palace? Let me witness the skill of the famed South Murong!’ As he uttered the last words, his sword has already flashed out! Even though Murong Fu was still more then 2 zhang away, the sword energy had enveloped him from both sides with a biting cold yin. Raising his own sword in defence, Murong Fu utilized the ‘Iron Cloud Stance’ from his Murong Family Swordplay. The essence of the Iron Cloud Stance was to be as formless and enveloping as the clouds in the sky, yet hard and unyielding as Iron. Murong Fu had trained in this technique for a lifetime, using all his energy and concentration, he slashed left and right! Circles of white light shielded him from the biting cold blue sword chi the continued to assail him. However, he had to put all his effort just into defending his body, the distance between them had not closed by half a step!

“Miss Wang! What kind of swordplay is this? Young master is in mortal danger! What should he do?” Bao Butong asked Wang Yuyan. “Big brother Bao, I have not seen this type of sword stroke before! I am not sure how it can be countered! His strokes are too fast! Cousin! Be careful!” Wang Yuyan was deeply frightened by the situation. It looked like her cousin could only defend to preserve his life. There was totally no room for him to counterattack!

“Is this the famed swordplay of the Murong Family?” Zhuo Bufan sneered. “Let old man have a closer look” The sword energy assailing Murong Fu from both sides suddenly receded as Zhuo Bufan leapt forward, sword pointed straight at Murong Fu’s throat. Murong Fu barely had time to bring his sword forward when Zhuo Bufan’s sword thrust suddenly disappeared, replaced by a multitude of sword images attacking him from a surrounding circle. In the blink of an eye, 24 shards of blue sword energy had surrounded Murong Fu, each of the 24 sword strokes was aimed at an accupoint on his body. The precise placement of all 24 simultaneous attacks was wondrous beyond belief, even as each stroke attacked an accupoint, the different sword images could switch positions with each other to attack another accupoint. Surrounded by 24 lightning fast formless sword images at the same time, Murong Fu was unable to move even an inch in any direction without being pierced! Zhuo Bufan had wanted to demonstrate his unmatched swordplay under the heavens to frighten the crowd in the hall to submit to him, he had thus utlised the most deadly stance of his swordplay - The 24 variation God and Ghost Exchange. The essence of this stance was that the enemy would be attacked simultaneously from all angles at critical accupoints, if each ever-changing stroke was the exact same distance from the enemy’s accupoints at any one time. How can any enemy defend himself? To achieve such a level of precision was truly the pinnacle of perfection!

“Cousin!” Wan Yuyan could only scream in terror as Murong Fu was surrounded by the 24 strokes of sword energy, each one was by now less then half an inch from his accupoints!}

{The night was dark. Nights are usually dark, but tonight was frighteningly dark. Anyone who came out tonight would want to escape into the comfort of visible light.

Several minutes had passed since that dreadful moment. No one around the well had moved. SWORD GOD Zuo Bufan stared into the hole of the well. A spark of flame could be seen in his otherwise tiny, straight eyes.

There was not a sound for several minutes, but in both of their minds they could still hear Duan Yu's howling as he was thrown into the nearly bottomless well. He was still here a few minutes ago, but now his body will never been seen again, his voice never be heard.

Murong Fu broke the silence slowly: "Mr. Zhuo, you and I have both walked through the martial world all of our lives. You are my senior and I always treated you with respect whenever we met, isn't that right? What happened tonight was strictly my affairs. I am interested to know, why invited you and how did you get here?"

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan did not answer. Neither did Murong Fu expect him to provide an answer. Instead he saw the fists of Zhuo Bufan slowly tighten. Although Murong Fu could not see through this SWORD GOD's long sleeve robe, he imagined that every vain in his body right now would look as if they were about to explode. There could not exist a single object that wouldn't have crumbled in his enclosed fist. Be it a sharp needle, even if Zhuo Bufan had to sacrifice his skin and bones, it would not make a difference, for the swordsman's grief could not be overcome by any dead object.

The pain and agony displayed by SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's gesture was starting to become unbearable to Murong Fu. Murong Fu wished that this man would take out his anger on the stone or on the grass, but he remained still only increasing his agony and further tightening his fists. The one thing that Murong Fu did not understand was, why did this stranger suddenly make an appearance out of nowhere, when his meeting tonight was a complete secret. Furthermore what exactly is this master agonizing over? Murong Fu had some suspicisions but he dared not think too much.

Suddenly the SWORD GOD lifted his face upward to release a long sigh to the sky. This is the saddest sigh that Murong Fu has ever heard.

As SWORD GOD Zuo Bufan took out his sword, Murong Fu neither gasped nor panicked. It is widely known throughout the martial world that for 5 years straight, the sword of the SWORD GOD has never failed to annihilate an opponent. Now he would be the next victim, Murong Fu thought. Although he could not say that he expected the SWORD GOD to approach him this way, yet in his mind he is not really surprised. "The SWORD GOD is really as unpredictable as they say," Murong Fu thought.

"No, I won't be the next victim!" A sense of dread suddenly came over Murong Fu. How could he accept demise this easily? After all he is still uncertain of what the SWORD GOD is doing this for. "I have so much to yet accomplish," He told himself: "I must settle this with reason before the sword is unleashed."

Just when Murong Fu thought nothing could surprise him tonight, what he saw next finally made him cover his fully gasping mouth with his hand.

The SWORD GOD did not raise the sword at Murong Fu.

The sword was not raised at anyone.

And yet, in one blink of an eye, too fast for anyone's eye, SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan had slashed out a word on his own robe. His sword was now inside its protective sleeve again.

Not with his hands, no. The SWORD GOD had utilized his profound internal energy to pick up the sword and cut. Judging by the accuracy and speed of this move, even a top swordsman would need half a heartbeat to accomplish this with one hand, but it would definitely be visible to the eye. And yet, Zhuo Bufan had just performed this feat without any limb. Murong Fu couldn't even tell if any part of his body moved at all. It was truly undetectably fast. Murong Fu was so startled by the peak of perfection that SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan had reached in the field of swordplay, that he didn't even bother to notice what word the SWORD GOD had slashed out.

And then, Zhuo Bufan's eyes dropped. It was like the ultimate drop from peak of perfection to endless sorrow.

"Brother Duan, that year when you rescued my life, I promised to myself that I would repay you with my life if needed. And yet, tonight, I was one step too late to protect you. I was unable to look out for you, this simple task. How can Zuo Bufan face himself, nevermind the martial world, any more?"

These words were spoken in a tone that communicated absolute sincerity and grief. Murong Fu's second question was finally solved. What he still didn't understand was, Duan Yu is about 20 years younger than SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan. Even before Duan Yu was born, Zhuo Bufan was already a well-established martial artist. Under what circumstances could a bookworm like Duan Yu, who did not know martial arts back then, save the life of a great master?}

KYSS OF THE SWORD,

I'm sure PJ would be very happy that u post this, but this is not real text.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    KYSS OF THE SWORD,

I'm sure PJ would be very happy that u post this, but this is not real text.

Han Solo
    Wow, it seems very well done to me. I really liked the swordfight between Zhuo and Murong. If the original post is a fan-fiction, then it is a very well-written one.

Dude!

The first half of that (fight between Murong and ZBF) was pulled out of my butt.

The second half (conversation at the well) was yanked out from PJ's!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Should've been obvious anyways, the style is more Gu Long than anything else as fitting for SWORD GOD... erm Zhuo Bufan.

{The Premier Monster of Pearl Cliff scolded: "You stupid idiot. What did that old witch say before she died?" Xuzhu replied: "Do you mean Tianshan Tonglao? Well, her last words were 'not her, not her, not her. Haha, Haha, Haha.' She laughed 3 times and then died." Everyone was at a loss to interpret what this "not her" and "haha" meant. The Premier Monster shouted: "What else did the witch say?" Xuzhu said: "My friend, please respect the deceased and do not call her that." The Premier Monster became angry; he lifted his left hand to smash Xuzhu's head
    Suddenly with flash of cold air, a sword extended on top of Xuzhu's head with the sharp edges facing upward. If the Premier Monster continued to strike with his hand, most likely it would have been chopped off by the sharp blade before reaching the scalp. Shocked, he retreated his hand in time; however since he did so in a hurry he was thrown back 3 steps. He felt a minor pain on his palm. He saw a thin straight line of wound by the sword bleeding. Scared and shocked at the same time, he knew that if he retrieved his palm by half a second late, he would have lost his hand to the sword. He looked angrily at the man who extended the sword. This man was wearing a green outfit, around 50 years of age, long beard floating, with a delicate face. The Premier Monster knew this man was none other than SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan. Judging from the accuracy and speed of his sword positioning, there is no doubt that this man's sword skills have reached the peak of perfection.
    When the entire organization to which Zhuo Bufan belong to was slaughtered by Tianshan Tonglao, luckily Zhuo was not present at the time; however he never dared return. He escaped to the wild and cold areas of Changbai Mountain (Changbai Shan) to practice the sword. He unintentionally obtained a sword manual passed from a master of previous generation. After practicing diligently for 30 years, he finally reached high proficiency in the art, with which he believed to be unmatched under heaven.

That first few paragraphs are from the novel though.

i ran the search on zhuo bufan and i found this, i wasn't sure which was from the novel and which wasn't, so i posted which seemed like it, i wasn't too sure about the last part at the well. the part at the vulture palace seemed real. so i posted it any way. can someone point out which is actual and not. any way it is still a good read. i left out what was obviosuly not real.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

You guys are going to make Ken pissed off mad and going berserk

Hopefully he doesn't get fire deviation

He is too distracted by his San Seen Gor Gor vs Sweeper Monk thread at the other side to notice this for now.

Even if Jin Yong were to suffer asthema due to floods of overwhelming joy of reading CC's marvelous combat descriptions, or if Gu Long's family were to sue me for mimicking his style without explicit retribution, they would nevertheless be grateful for our effort to blur, as opposed to polarizing, fiction and reality, which has evidently found moderate success.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    He is too distracted by his San Seen Gor Gor vs Sweeper Monk thread at the other side to notice this for now.
    I would have liked to see a San Seen Gor Gor in Jin Yong universe. That sounds like the ultimate pimp in wuxia!

Perhaps the Teacher of 3 Xiaoyao Pai Elders?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

HERE IS A REAL TRANSLATION OF A PASSAGE ABOUT "SWORD GOD" ZHUO BUFAN. Enjoy.

SUDDENLY a long and miserable shriek from behind the mountain entered the ears of every expert. Startled, the experts heard the whirling of wind accompany a round object charging at them from the air beyond the mountains. Senior Boss Wu intercepted the object; it was none other than the head of a person. Senior Boss Wu recognized the face under the mush of blood, and it was the face of Island Leader Qu who had tried to escape. "Island Leader Qu..." Boss Wu called out in a trembling voice. He could not grasp why Island Leader Qu would have suffered a death blow so quickly. This lightning fast execution evoked a frightening thought in Brother Wu: "Unless.... unless the Child Mistress of Heavenly Mountain Tianshan Tonglao has arrived?" At this time, Taoist Priest Buping laughed aloud: "The God of Sword, The Sword of God, SWORD GOD really lives up to his mighty reputation."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」