Page 90 of 197 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3939

Thread: What SongS are you listening to NOW? v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah. It's really too bad that later generations will mainly know Michael Jackson as a punch line to sick jokes. We older folks remember him when he was simply the biggest music superstar on Earth.
    Oh well... I guess he didn't have a good memory for a childhood. This could be the price he paid for the path to fame? I think he looked so much better before those plastic surgeries. I'm quite sure that no stars, in this current generation, is able to come close to Michael Jackson. He is still the best.

Goodbye - Air Supply
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Oh well... I guess he didn't have a good memory for a childhood. This could be the price he paid for the path to fame? I think he looked so much better before those plastic surgeries. I'm quite sure that no stars, in this current generation, is able to come close to Michael Jackson. He is still the best.
    Ironically, Jackson really was not bad looking at all as a young man before all the plastic surgery nonsense. At the beginning of the 1980s, as he was just beginning to become a superstar independent of his brothers in the Jackson Five, he was quite a handsome young African-American man with plenty of talent and charisma. In 1983, his overall popularity matched that enjoyed by the Beatles in the 1960s and Elvis Presley in the 1950s.

Since Michael Jackson, I don't think there has been a pop star that has enjoyed that kind of culture-blanketing popularity. Nirvana was probably closest to that in the 1990s, and *maybe* Britney Spears earlier this decade, but I don't think either dominated pop culture the way Jackomania did in the 1980s.

Just to stay on-topic: Van Halen - "Pretty Woman"

Ironically, Jackson really was not bad looking at all as a young man before all the plastic surgery nonsense. At the beginning of the 1980s, as he was just beginning to become a superstar independent of his brothers in the Jackson Five, he was quite a handsome young African-American man with plenty of talent and charisma. In 1983, his overall popularity matched that enjoyed by the Beatles in the 1960s and Elvis Presley in the 1950s.

Since Michael Jackson, I don't think there has been a pop star that has enjoyed that kind of culture-blanketing popularity. Nirvana was probably closest to that in the 1990s, and *maybe* Britney Spears earlier this decade, but I don't think either dominated pop culture the way Jackomania did in the 1980s.

Just to stay on-topic: Van Halen - "Pretty Woman"
    Jackomania? Haha, that's one funny nick for him. I know this name Nirvana but honestly, I know nothing about him. I'll do google up on that. Britney.... I feel that the problem with her is, she loves to wash her dirty linens in the public. And, what about Madonna? She belongs to the 70s? I think she still looks fit for her age.

Michael Bolton - Go The Distance
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I know this name Nirvana but honestly, I know nothing about him.
    Nirvana was a *band*, considered the most popular and influential rock band of the 1990s. During the early 1990s, Nirvana popularized a style of rock music that became known as "grunge" rock (other bands that play this style of rock include Pearl Jam and Sonic Youth). The group disbanded at the height of its career in 1994 after lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter Kurt Cobain committed suicide that year, although former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl continues to be successful with his new band, the Foo Fighters.

And, what about Madonna? She belongs to the 70s?

1980s. Madonna released her first record in 1982 and did not achieve fame until 1983. She reached the peak of her popularity in 1985.

Dale Hawkins - "Susie Q"

Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Walk With Me - Yuki Hsu
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    "Goodbye" - Celine Dion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_17ZTRBRQ&feature=user

This is a beautiful and touching song; I'm sure everyone can identify and relate to its meaning.
    World saddest song Beautiful lyrics. Very sad indeed. Celine Dion has this really powerful projection of voice.

Nirvana was a *band*, considered the most popular and influential rock band of the 1990s. They popularized a style of rock music that became known as "grunge" rock (other bands that play this style of rock include Pearl Jam and Sonic Youth) during the early 1990s. The group disbanded at the height of its career in 1994 after lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter Kurt Cobain committed suicide that year, although former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl continues to be successful with his new band, the Foo Fighters.

1980s. Madonna released her first record in 1982 and did not achieve fame until 1983. She reached the peak of her popularity in 1985.
    I read you. The name Kurt Cobain sure rings a bell. Ken, you're almost an encylopedia of entertainment and academic. You know all the details . Thank you for sharing. I usually don't pay attention to so much of details. Yeah, plain laziness actually. I have seen the band name Foo Fighters but I don't listen to their music pieces. The only song, which is also my favourite, that I known of from Pearl Jam is Last Kiss. I like the story in that song.

Currently listening to the pitch perfect 6 year old who sings and touches the heart of almost everyone, especially Simon Cowell. You could make you tear like she did to Amanda. I actually bought her debut album, Over the Rainbow. She's so cute.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Connie Talbot

Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Final) - Connie Talbot

Ben (Semi Final) - Connie Talbot

"End of the Road" Boyz II Men
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

I read you. The name Kurt Cobain sure rings a bell. Ken, you're almost an encylopedia of entertainment and academic. You know all the details . Thank you for sharing. I usually don't pay attention to so much of details. Yeah, plain laziness actually. I have seen the band name Foo Fighters but I don't listen to their music pieces. The only song, which is also my favourite, that I known of from Pearl Jam is Last Kiss. I like the story in that song.
    "Last Kiss" was a 1998 cover by Pearl Jam of an oldie that was first popularized by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers in 1964. During the early 1960s, there was a vogue in pop music for "teen tragedy" songs involving the death of teen lovers. Other songs in this genre include "Leader of the Pack" by the Shangri-Las (1964), "Teen Angel" (1959) by Mark Dinning, and "Tell Laura I l Love Her" by Ray Peterson (1960). The theme of these songs was usually the death of a teenager in an automobile accident (the leading cause of death among teenagers since the mid-20th Century).

The song was atypical of Pearl Jam. I had never heard the band record or perform a rock 'n roll oldie like that before.

The Shirelles - "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow"

i admit...i hate fergie, but i really enjoy "clumsy," which is what i'll be listening to now. however, all day, i was listening to the 80's ATV themesong to chronicles of the shadow swordsman, a duet with gallen lo and i don't know who.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

"Listen to Your Heart" (Behind Hurricane Katrina) - D.H.T
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qRiZuUVu4

“Viewer Discretion Advised. The video may contain material that is not suitable for all audience.”

I'd a conversation with someone today about Hurricane Katrina and it reminded me of this song. I have heard of this version on the radio, but this is my first time actually seeing the video; although, the content maybe visually difficult to view, I think both the MV and the song are respectful in highlighting this tragic event and a beautiful dedication to the victims of Katrina.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

"Love In This Club" - Usher & Young Jeezy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJsx_...eature=related

This song is definitely not the best of Usher. The lyrics sound pretty damn corny, actually. But I have got to give PROP to that delicious, too-good-to-lick chocolate-looking Ab of Usher.

Foreigner - Waiting for a Girl Like You
    Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Yuan Fang by Hong Bu Tiao (红布条) and Erica Li (李悦君)

Autovaughn - Hell of a place
    すごい!

unknown - beethoven virus
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!