Thread: Can music cause anxiety?

Default Can music cause anxiety?

Hey guys I've searched up online if music can cause anxiety but the answer seems to be no, in fact it can lower anxiety according to my research.

I've been listening to music most of my life and usually I listen to the same songs over and over again because I'm bored. However there have been moments where I've found a new song and loved it and am in a state of trance and bliss and I've listened to the song constantly over a few days until it gets boring as well.. Recently I've noticed that all the times I've experienced extreme anxiety I had found a new song which I loved a few days earlier. My guess is that the music causes chemical imbalances? Due to my personal experiences I strongly believe music causes me anxiety but since there is no scientific evidence to support this I feel like I'm just being silly by avoiding music.

Banned

Ye hath never seen "The Untamed"? One single note changed caused a man to go mad from listening to musical tones.

J/K. BUT music can affect your heart pacing. There is soothing music to help you go sleep. That presumably lowers your heart rate. And there's music to make you feel alive (make your heart pump). I think someone can actually engineer a piece of music that produces dissonance wrt to your bodily rhythm and that can cause psychological stress to physical bodily harm...

If you're being forced to listen to a kind of music you can't stand, it could cause anxiety.

It definitely is, but sometimes you get curious about some music that unknowingly caused you anxiety after.

I think it is not directly connected to the music. If you are already struggling with anxiety there are very particular times when you would prefer silence over any music.

Except, calming songs and records, they help alot.