Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: --- series you COULDN'T finish ---

yeah k-drama that i couldn't finish are
    dae jang geum - okay it interesting but is jsut way too long to watch and some parts jsut really drag
    sweet 18 - the female lead jsut got really annoying
    what happened in bali - it jsut got really sad and borring so couldn't stand to watch it anymore

Dunno about you guys but I'm a guy and I find Dae Jang Geum absolutely fascinating and addictive. I've watched alot of China and HK series and find that none can compare with DJG for some unexplainable reason. I'd give it 5/5 in perfect ratings.

I've watch Damo and I find the girl incredibly stupid with her emotions and her contant lying even to herself that she wants to capture the bandit when she just wants to see him in actual fact. How to capture someone who's swordsmanship is far superior to yours? No cow sense. Her incesteous love for her brother cost her the life of the man who truly loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Dunno about you guys but I'm a guy and I find Dae Jang Geum absolutely fascinating and addictive. I've watched alot of China and HK series and find that none can compare with DJG for some unexplainable reason. I'd give it 5/5 in perfect ratings.

I've watch Damo and I find the girl incredibly stupid with her emotions and her contant lying even to herself that she wants to capture the bandit when she just wants to see him in actual fact. How to capture someone who's swordsmanship is far superior to yours? No cow sense. Her incesteous love for her brother cost her the life of the man who truly loved her.
    well to be fair, she did not know it was her brother until the very end. i agree that she was misguided by her emotions, but overall i really enjoyed DAMO. it was a nice change from all the weepy korean dramas.

OMG i completely agree with you about Dae Jang Geum. it was GREAT! i usually steer clear of such long series, but i was captured by the creativity and uniqueness of DJG. (actually finished it in 2 weeks!)

Default Have to know the ending

The first K-drama that I watched was Winter Sonata. before that I never even watched any Asian show, not even the famous crouching dragon etc..show. But I saw the part where Sang Hyuk had tears running down his face. Whoa, what's this I said , men raining tears...I was hooked. But still All K-dramas drag, so I cheated a lot by fast forward and asking you guys what's going on.... No matter what, I just have to know the ending. It's a compulsion In essence I could'nt finish most of them. or I watched them a few times to get the full story.

One fine day... stopped at 9th episode, skipped a lot ....ugh..did'nt even watched last episode
    My girl... cute LDH and gorgeous LDW but after 9 episodes, I said , why continue the charade when that old man deserved to be let down.. ruined his daughter's life and continued to hurt his grandson... so annoying... but watched last episode.
    Fashion 70's .....too good to be true lead female character, watched last episode... did'nt miss anything
    Autumn in my heart... too morbid, watched many episodes but fast forward a lot.

Sad sonata.. caught a few episodes including the last. I really must apologise to its fans. It was hilarious The main character was shot in the stomach and the doctor said that he was'nt going to survive, but he took a ride miles and miles away to his girl's or wife's concert, walked to the seats and sat there and watched her sing.....with a hole in his stomach.

love story in harvard. incredible predictable and sooo typical korean.
    dae jang geum. I liked it. really, I did. I thought the story was good, the actors were good. however it DRAGGED forever. i never watched it all in one go from beginning to finish. the first time I watched from about ep 20 something to the end, skipping some eps here and there. the second time it aired, I watcehd teh beginning bit, skipping even mroe and rewatched a couple of the last eps.

Default First few episodes

Quote Originally Posted by hmschocolate
    love story in harvard. incredible predictable and sooo typical korean.
    dae jang geum. I liked it. really, I did. I thought the story was good, the actors were good. however it DRAGGED forever. i never watched it all in one go from beginning to finish. the first time I watched from about ep 20 something to the end, skipping some eps here and there. the second time it aired, I watcehd teh beginning bit, skipping even mroe and rewatched a couple of the last eps.
    JITP is my all time favourite, but I did what you did too. Fast forward a lot and skip episodes, then rewatch some episodes. Fifty is a bit much. N'theless, by now I have watched all episodes and I realised that without the first few episodes, there were later episodes which I could'nt understand. I enjoyed 40 onwards because the evil Cui's got their just reward..

not sure if i will or not YET, but the last episodes of Lovers in Paris has been sitting in my room for 3 weeks already....

anyone here have a recommendation? i'm having a Hamlet moment... To watch or not to watch....

Kinda forced myself to finish Winter Sonata - looked good and everything but too much back and forth, good acting though.

Jewel in the Palace - Was alright at first when they were all young, but when they all grew up the story dragged and i couldn't finish that.

Right now watching, Korea Secret Agency? the series with Eric (Shinhwa) and i can't rememebr the girls name. If it wasn't hardsubbed i wouldn't really bother. The plot is kinda boring, acting is average same thing going round and round.
    @)--;-----
    Yan Kuan
    Wot more do u want?!

for me it will be,
    autumn in my heart
    summer scent
    sangdoo let's go to school(only the last episode couldn't finish....grr!!!not at home at that time.... i really want to know the ending....do eun hwan ends up with sangdoo?????!!!!!!!!!!

for the first two dramas that i mentioned above,
    i couldn't finish it is because it's tooooo boring!!!!
    just watched the actors and actresses cried and cried !
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

It must be me because there's a lot of good reviews for DAMO and it was my first tentative taster of K-drama but I couldn't finish it. You know how some dramas make you want to stay up till 4 in the morning to see what happens next???.... Well this wasn't one of them...

But after reading this thread, I might just jump back in and give it another chance.

1) Winter Sonata : it was just too boring, and it annoyed me that the guy lost his memory because of a car accident..so typical.. can't ppl drive carefully in korea? lol

2)Autumn in my Heart : I couldn't watch this because I didn't like the lead male actor!!! It was getting a bit annoying. also there was an element of incest that sort of grossed me out

3) Sassy Girl Chun Hyang: I dunno why i, i just could't finish this one. I think it was because the lead girl was a bit boring, and she always looks sad. i dunno

4) Only you: just got really really boring. I think i only watched the beginning because the food looked good in it! haha

5) Goong: it was too slow! I can't believe they're making another one!

6) Love story in Harvard: i think it just became too pathetic because there was no point in the actors speaking english at all. also it just got boring

7) Princess Lulu: I was really excited about watching this one, but i just can't stand the lead male actor so I stopped watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    The first K-drama that I watched was Winter Sonata. before that I never even watched any Asian show, not even the famous crouching dragon etc..show. But I saw the part where Sang Hyuk had tears running down his face. Whoa, what's this I said , men raining tears...I was hooked. But still All K-dramas drag, so I cheated a lot by fast forward and asking you guys what's going on.... No matter what, I just have to know the ending. It's a compulsion In essence I could'nt finish most of them. or I watched them a few times to get the full story.
    Haha, i sometimes fast-forward through the boring parts in the drama too. I did that a lot in Winter Sonata, but the pathetic thing is I probably didn't miss anything important

Tree Of Heaven: ugh.... while i really do like Lee Wan, this drama leaves an overall bad-aftertaste of childlike plot and character. could not take the main couple seriously.... LW's character's had some MAJOR STALKER POTENTIAL ((maybe even beyond potential)) and there is a significant lack of chemistry which could be result of their ages.

oops...autumn love...it was like another taiwanese drama to me.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Talking

Oh boy, I'm picky, here's my list:

love story in paris
    all about eve
    green rose
    princess lulu
    70s fashion
    the glass slipper
    autumn love story
    tree of heaven (i watched it for 15 mins max, can't stand ugly actress)

so many to add sigh...
    the drama industry has been really disappointing lately, with few original plots and twists. i hope 2008 we'll be seeing something new

1 - Strawberry on Shortcake - love Tackey, but cannot stand the slow pace of this drama. it began dragging within the frist two episode!

2 - Sad Love Story - so disappointing esp after watching the music video version with Song Seung Hun. They should've waited for him!!!!!!!

Quite a lot but among them include...

Cat on the Attic
    Love in Harvard
    Say you love me
    Which planet are you from ?

Hmm..all by Kim Rae Won

I would say Goong S..

I only watched the first 3 episodes, and throughout that kept comparing it to Goong, and found it sorely lacking...

In the end I just gave up on the whole series, and skipped to the last episode to see the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I would say Goong S..

I only watched the first 3 episodes, and throughout that kept comparing it to Goong, and found it sorely lacking...

In the end I just gave up on the whole series, and skipped to the last episode to see the ending.

There is something lacking in the lead actress. She really looks a maid with no x factor. I guess they just make this sequel to please the Goong fans. I find the story a bit stretching it. BTW, what is the ending??

Yukan Club - tried tried and tried all for Jin, but in the end i had to give up. what an absolute waste of talents, the cast has so much potential (ok granted that doesn't include Emi) but the story went nowhere, there was very little energy and it dragged from the very first episode.
    such a disappointment for Jin's return drama

1 Pound Gospel - already the storyline is ridiculous. can anyone even PRETEND to believe that Kame is supposed to be FAT and therefore needs to lose weight so he can box? And during this diet meets a nun and falls in love just because she gave him a drink of water??!!! WTH???!!