Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: --- series you COULDN'T finish ---

My name is Kim Sam Soon - only managed to see the 1st episode...
    maybe cos i'm not into kdrama anyway
    Last edited by aiza11; 08-30-06 at 05:40 AM.
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    Let's see, there was quite a few I didn't finish:

My Girl
    Sassy Girl Chun-hyang
    Wonderful Life
    Goong (Princess Hours)
    Lovers in Paris
    Stairway to Heaven
    Save the Last Dance for Me
    Love Story in Harvard
    Sweet 18
    Sangdoo, Let's Go to School
    My 19 Year Old Sister-in-Law
    Loveholic
    Let's Go to the Beach

That's all I can think of for now but there's probably more. I guess I'm quite particular about watching series. I either found these series boring and cliche, the storyline not to be interesting, or I just didn't like the actors/actresses in them.

I think you are not into Korean drama yet because some of the list you stated
    are great drama with great cast too! You must understand the storyline first
    before you can enjoy the drama.

From your list, I like 1) STH
    2) Goong
    3) My Girl
    4) Wonderful Life
    5) Sassy Girl, Chun Hyang
    6) Sweet 18
    7) Sang doo, let's go to school
    8) My 19 year old sister-in-law

while i did finish it i truly truly wish i didn't...

Princess Hours or better known as GOONG. the cutesy antics of the female lead was so sickening, i felt disgusted at myself for suffering through this highly melo-dramatic serie...

I can't finish Autumn in my Heart (a.k.a. Endless Love) and Full House. Dunno why... But I can finish Dae Jang Geum
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

1% of Anything ---First k-drama ever that I couldn't finish. I found it agonizingly long and boring. It couldn't keep me interested because it dragged.

Botan, I'm kinda hurt that you didn't like those dramas you listed.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by septembermoon16
    while i did finish it i truly truly wish i didn't...

Princess Hours or better known as GOONG. the cutesy antics of the female lead was so sickening, i felt disgusted at myself for suffering through this highly melo-dramatic serie...
    Apprently most spcnet members say "goong" was/is good but I only find an ok series.

i'm watching my girl, the 1st k drama i ever watched, i have to say, it's not bad. a bit dragging, but it's cute. k drama isn't known for it's value as historic or moral or any of that crap. it's just plain entertainment, what it for what it is i guess. gives good laugh, i find myself laughing at times when the story is so fake that's it's so obvious to some one that's not perceptive like me. but i do enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    i'm watching my girl, the 1st k drama i ever watched, i have to say, it's not bad. a bit dragging, but it's cute. k drama isn't known for it's value as historic or moral or any of that crap. it's just plain entertainment, what it for what it is i guess. gives good laugh, i find myself laughing at times when the story is so fake that's it's so obvious to some one that's not perceptive like me. but i do enjoy it.
    thats odd, i have that opinion about hong kong series. i think k-dramas does a wonderful job with portraying the values of family and traditions in the korean culture. the love story, while dramatic, leaves a deep impact on viewers ie I'm Sorry I Love You, Stairway to Heaven etc. other asian dramas couple often gets fuzzy in my mind, but most korean couples have their own special distinction that makes them special in their own unique way.
    the story might not hold up to real life, but they pact enough punch that you can often overlook that point. and seriously all the kung-fu series by hong kong aren't what i would consider reality or even very historically accurate...

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

and seriously all the kung-fu series by hong kong aren't what i would consider reality or even very historically accurate...
    i'm sorry, but if u meant 'kung-fu series' as wuxia series, then u're seriously wrong about it's 'reality' or 'history'.
    wuxia series are mostly based on novels (especially by authors such as Jin Yong & Gu Long), so how can they be real? yes, their background are indeed based on certain era in China's history, but so are all classic stories - therefore, it doesn't need to be that accurate.

anyway, this thread is to discuss jap/korean series, so i don't want to explain more about HK series.

series i couldn't finish: Autumn in my Heart
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

thats odd, i have that opinion about hong kong series. i think k-dramas does a wonderful job with portraying the values of family and traditions in the korean culture. the love story, while dramatic, leaves a deep impact on viewers ie I'm Sorry I Love You, Stairway to Heaven etc. other asian dramas couple often gets fuzzy in my mind, but most korean couples have their own special distinction that makes them special in their own unique way.
    the story might not hold up to real life, but they pact enough punch that you can often overlook that point. and seriously all the kung-fu series by hong kong aren't what i would consider reality or even very historically accurate...

i've read alot of articles reguarding k-drama, it pretty much follow the 3 suits

1) poor but pretty girl who's a really great person(or opposite sex)
    2) rich/hansom guy who is caring/great (or opposite sex)
    3) car crash/ cancer ect...

so far, my girl already hit 2 of the 3. and i'm gonna keep watching and see how many series fit into this pre plan style. this is why i said it's for entertaninment purpose. there isn't much creativities or any great work putting into it. and My Girl was suppose to be one of the better ones out there, i'm not even gonna imagine what the other ones will be like

i've read alot of articles reguarding k-drama, it pretty much follow the 3 suits

so far, my girl already hit 2 of the 3. and i'm gonna keep watching and see how many series fit into this pre plan style. this is why i said it's for entertaninment purpose. there isn't much creativities or any great work putting into it. and My Girl was suppose to be one of the better ones out there, i'm not even gonna imagine what the other ones will be like
    Not all k-dramas have CANCER and Incurable diseases.

Some people like romance and love and you know know...most love stories are the same but its contantly retold and people still like it. Even though love stories are similar in someways, theres always something different and special about each story.

So don't group and generalize everything and see it for only that. Despite some similiarities, 90% of the drama is still different from the previously seen.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-04-06 at 06:46 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

is it what is it, it's not me saying it, it's the people that write articles, i'm sure they know abit more than i do about k-drama

i'm just speaking from experience, i just picked out a random (good reviewed) k drama, and watch it and realized it was very similar to what the article describe. now 1 isn't gonna say anything, so i'm gonna try a few more n see.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

u 4got dat, da main female and male r always unlucky!!!

latest unfinished drama...

INTO THE SUN - as much as i love kwon sang woo, i can't make myself go through the rest of the serie. however can anyone tell me if its a good ending for the couple?

latest unfinished drama...

INTO THE SUN - as much as i love kwon sang woo, i can't make myself go through the rest of the serie. however can anyone tell me if its a good ending for the couple?

Why? Try again..I think towards disc 9 onwards is interesting, you will hate the
    guy doctor..

Anyway is a happy ending, you will see KSW in a very smart Wedding uniform.

I haven't watched alot but so far, I can only say 'Full House' =) saw a few Eps at my cousin's house and never downloaded to finish the rest.
    eric.fever

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter
    Why? Try again..I think towards disc 9 onwards is interesting, you will hate the
    guy doctor..

Anyway is a happy ending, you will see KSW in a very smart Wedding uniform.
    oh wow wedding??!!! love weddings... maybe i will give it another chance. the biggest i have with this serie is that its off to a very slow start and already the guy doctor is bugging the crap outta me...

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Goong - boring enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Goong - boring enough said
    Yet It started with a kiss was interesting?

A Love to Kill - storyline seemed whacked and didn't flow well. Only tried this k-drama to give Bi one more chance since his head-tilting "dramatic moment" dialogue delivery in Full House left lots to be desired. May need to give him one more chance in "Let's Go to School."

Princess Lulu - what was I thinking starting this?

Full House - finished this, but only after 3 tries. I was thinking if there was 1 more scene of house-cleaning I was going to kick something...and my feet sure did hurt for a few days after finishing this k-drama. The cat wasn't too happy either...just kidding.

Spring Days - at first it seemed stupid with Mrs.Yobo, yobo, yobo and her rotten kid pawning for a new car (only up to ep.3)...but somehow the chemistry - storyline between Ko Hyeon-jeong and Ji Jin-hee is very compelling. May still need to give this 1 more try to finish it.