Thread: 9 Yin Zhenjing comparisons between Mei Chaofeng and Zhou Zhiruo

Post 9 Yin Zhenjing comparisons between Mei Chaofeng and Zhou Zhiruo

Both Mei Chaofeng and Zhou Zhiruo learned the shortcut methods to Jiuying Zhenjing. But the version of ZZR's version was different from MCF's. MCF's 9 Yin White Bone Claw was more vile and vicous than what ZZR learned. ZZR's version was less vicious. It was modified by Huang Yaoshi, and he made the strokes more orthodox after the death of MCF.

But whose 9 Yin White Bone Claws was more powerful, when pitted against each other, how would a blind MCF fare against ZZR who also have basic E-Mei 9Yang Gong as her foundation?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Both Mei Chaofeng and Zhou Zhiruo learned the shortcut methods to Jiuying Zhenjing. But the version of ZZR's version was different from MCF's. MCF's 9 Yin White Bone Claw was more vile and vicous than what ZZR learned. ZZR's version was less vicious.
    I thought both were quite vicious. The 9 Yum White Bone Claws was, by nature, a lethal attack. Its relative viciousness, however, was determined by the user.

It was modified by Huang Yaoshi, and he made the strokes more orthodox after the death of MCF.
    Was it Wong Yerk See, or Wong Yung? My impression is that after his wife died, Wong Yerk See wanted nothing more to do with the 9 Yum Jen Ging. Before storing the manual into the Heaven Sword (or in its secret hiding place on Peach Blossom Island in HSDS Ed. 3), Wong Yung did devise the shortcut 9 Yum Jen Ging that might have included an abridged form of 9 Yum White Bone Claws.

But whose 9 Yin White Bone Claws was more powerful, when pitted against each other, how would a blind MCF fare against ZZR who also have basic E-Mei 9Yang Gong as her foundation?
    I'd say Mui Chiu Fung was better, as she was a much more experienced martial artist than Chow Chi Yerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I'd say Mui Chiu Fung was better, as she was a much more experienced martial artist than Chow Chi Yerk.
    right...although given just a few more yrs training ZZR would kick MCF's *** in no time :P. she did try practicing HR's sparknotes version of the internal part after all. and she's not blind (blinded by anger/hatred does not count!)

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ZZR would win, because she already had a good level in e-mei's 9yang gong, while MCF wasn't even accomplished in PBI's inner power. through MCF already mastered the external aspect of 9yin, she practised wrongly, while ZZR practised it properly, so her technique should be a bit better.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Both Mei Chaofeng and Zhou Zhiruo learned the shortcut methods to Jiuying Zhenjing. But the version of ZZR's version was different from MCF's. MCF's 9 Yin White Bone Claw was more vile and vicous than what ZZR learned. ZZR's version was less vicious. It was modified by Huang Yaoshi, and he made the strokes more orthodox after the death of MCF.

MCF's 9YZJ is due to misinterpretations. She clawed skulls when she's told to do something else. She did not learn the shortcut manual as she has been practising the skill for a long long time. When GJ was six, until he was eighteen. However, she lacked the internal energy manual, hence she was way weak as compared to what she was supposed to be after learning 9YZJ.

ZZR's version is a shortcut manual. No misinterpretations, as I doubt the person who wrote the shortcut manual--HR, was foolish enough to modify the steps into such a ridiculously weak way. What HR did not know is that a shortcut can reduce the power so much.

Note: The real 9YZJ was NOT intended to be vile and vicious, HR did not change the "nature" of the skill.

Note2: ZZR did have some internal energy from 9YZJ, albeit modified.

Default ZZR & MCF - Bone Claw Practitioners

How did their skills in the bone claws compare? ZZR i think had less than a year from when she practiced the skills till she challenged the heroes in wulin with her new skill. Although her skill was not high she managed to beat back every challenger except ZWJ and the 3 monks.

MCF, however, had been practicing the skill for at least a decade or so but she needed assistance from HYS when she faced GJ who had only lately learnt HL18. Moreover, she never really seemed to be able to beat anyone and in almost all her encounters she never seemed to win anything.

I do realise she was blind and in that sense she was disadvantaged and did not have access to HR's "fast-track method". But still i find it hard to believe how MCF seemed so crap despite practicing for so long.

Both did seem to practice the skill wrongly, giving way to inferior and vastly vicious interpretations.

Any comments?

Also outside these 2, i notice those who had access to 9 Yin and even those who practiced it did not seem to use it very often and yet it is described as a long lost skill which held wulin in awe... why is this so? Was it just that 9Yin contained so many other top skills that it was eclipsed and that its real value was the fast results but lower potential?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Another note is that ZZR practiced the real 9 Yin internal. While MCF was probably partially Peach Blossom Internal. The difference is that ZZR only practiced 9 Yin chi for a short time while MCF practiced Peach Blossom Internal a decent time.

In addition, ZZR didn't own all. The only reason why Wudang Hero 2,6 had trouble was because of the "wierdness" factor that seems to get everyone. When ZZR faced the Monks, the Du Monks were trained in filtering out distractors (4 Wu or 4 Nothing), so ZZR's wierdness/illusion type of techniques were useless against any of the Du Monks.

9 Yin had other arts. GJ was the only one to my knowledge to 100% fully master 9 Yin. However, in the external department, he already has XL18Z with the theories modified. And I think that is good enough. It's not that fast result low potential. 9 Yin was described as an art that would take 10-20 years to master, so ZZR, MCF all don't have any "true" mastery.
    Last edited by Whsie; 08-17-06 at 12:39 AM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I think we're fooled a lot by descriptions on the length of how long someone practices martial arts. For example, when MCF practices for a decade and shows up way stronger than the 7 Freaks, she is very impressive and along with her reputation, makes the 10 years look worth it. It does not seem weird at all it took her 10 years to get so powerful.

When ZZR practices for a year she also gets real powerful, but we're fooled into think a year is a long time and also logical for her to get that far within that short span of time. That's because to us, with no basis except for what we're told, a year is a really long time and more than enough to get super powerful with a legendary kungfu manual. Both scenarios seem logical when looked at seperately, but are a bit illogical when looked at together. I think JY just hopes you overlook that fact. A lot of our arguments are actually based on evidence that is created because the plot needs it, or because the character needs it for development.

Just thought I'd like to throw that out because I'm bored =(