Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Music thread missing!

Default Recent Music thread missing!

Hi,

For the music section there's only 2 pages so once an individual thread is inactive for a short while, the thread may disappear from the forum but...in this case the thread was not even inactive yet its no longer there...wondering what happened?

A secondary suggestion, can SPCNET provide more pages for the music thread too?

I am talking about the Arashi thread in this case. and yah, what happened to it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Hi,

For the music section there's only 2 pages so once an individual thread is inactive for a short while, the thread may disappear from the forum but...in this case the thread was not even inactive yet its no longer there...wondering what happened?

A secondary suggestion, can SPCNET provide more pages for the music thread too?

I am talking about the Arashi thread in this case. and yah, what happened to it?

Thanks.
    If you've checked the Announcements forum, you'll know that Suet Seung has cleared threads either that are 60 days old, or as she said, she has mistakenly deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    If you've checked the Announcements forum, you'll know that Suet Seung has cleared threads either that are 60 days old, or as she said, she has mistakenly deleted it.
    oh dear! the music section has only 2 pages..even if its not a case of mistaken deleting, the thread can easily get bumped off....its like even if you participate in the thread, soon it will be all gone so what's the point if its going to be a waste of efforts? and I am quite sure that its not an inactive thread...so even if its active, it might not be safe? that's kind of sad, isn't it?

oh dear! the music section has only 2 pages..even if its not a case of mistaken deleting, the thread can easily get bumped off....its like even if you participate in the thread, soon it will be all gone so what's the point if its going to be a waste of efforts? and I am quite sure that its not an inactive thread...so even if its active, it might not be safe? that's kind of sad, isn't it?
    Yeah, sad but.. there's nothing we can do now except rebuild our efforts.

Yeah, sad but.. there's nothing we can do now except rebuild our efforts.
    I though the thread will be safe as long as I bump it up every now and then.

SPCNET : Think SPCNET really should consider extending the number of pages for the music thread (and other threads if you had received similar feedback).

btw another way to get around the problem could be to move the Arashi thread to actors...since they are actually entertainners who not only sing but act and host as well..then we can can extend and safeguard our efforts. how about that?

I though the thread will be safe as long as I bump it up every now and then.

SPCNET : Think SPCNET really should consider extending the number of pages for the music thread (and other threads if you had received similar feedback).

btw another way to get around the problem could be to move the Arashi thread to actors...since they are actually entertainners who not only sing but act and host as well..then we can can extend and safeguard our efforts. how about that?
    You can do so. But, it'll be alot of work IF you're not talking about merging, unless there is a function that allows "copying" in the forum. So the hard work would be, you'll have to repeat your posts in the Actors section, and also the music section.

However, if you're talking about merging, you might wanna contact the Moderators of the two forums and request merging the Arashi thread in the Music forum to the Arashi thread in the Actors forum. Otherwise, you might wanna consider saving up all the info until the next pruning and repost it if your thread is deleted yet again.

You can do so. But, it'll be alot of work IF you're not talking about merging, unless there is a function that allows "copying" in the forum. So the hard work would be, you'll have to repeat your posts in the Actors section, and also the music section.

However, if you're talking about merging, you might wanna contact the Moderators of the two forums and request merging the Arashi thread in the Music forum to the Arashi thread in the Actors forum. Otherwise, you might wanna consider saving up all the info until the next pruning and repost it if your thread is deleted yet again.
    I am thinking about starting a thread for arashi in the actor's section before this thread gets too long and the deleted AGAIN! so I think I will do that...let's post Arashi stuff at the actor's section in future!

Don't Worry. Accidents only happen once usually.

It's not like mods take great joy in deleting your threads. We care too.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-24-06 at 01:17 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am thinking about starting a thread for arashi in the actor's section before this thread gets too long and the deleted AGAIN! so I think I will do that...let's post Arashi stuff at the actor's section in future!
    Lol. You heard what Suet Seung said.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Hi Suet Seung,

I certainly hope so!

I think because the thread that got deleted did not deserve to be deleted and was supported by a group of fans who care enough about it and spent effort at it, thus, we feel upset about the mistake. plus, your remark about the accidental delete came across sounding casual thus I didn't feel too good about the mistake. but since you have pointed out its a a genuine mistake and the damage is already done, no point dwelling on it. Just wanted to highlight the missing thread and make my point known that's all.

End of case.

Hi Suet Seung,

I certainly hope so!

I think because the thread that got deleted did not deserve to be deleted and was supported by a group of fans who care enough about it and spent effort at it, thus, we feel upset about the mistake. plus, your remark about the accidental delete came across sounding casual thus I didn't feel too good about the mistake. but since you have pointed out its a a genuine mistake and the damage is already done, no point dwelling on it. Just wanted to highlight the missing thread and make my point known that's all.

End of case.
    Your.. this post reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow! XD

Your.. this post reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow! XD
    hmm...how come?

hmm...how come?
    Well.. there's some similarity in the way you type, and the way he speaks.

Well.. there's some similarity in the way you type, and the way he speaks.
    I am going to take that as a compliment since I think he is one cool pirate!

I am going to take that as a compliment since I think he is one cool pirate!
    Yes. I am complimenting. XD.
    My favourite pirate is Captain Jack Sparrow.

btw, what's that XD at the end mean?

btw, what's that XD at the end mean?
    Uh.. just a type of emoticon.
    Eg. =.= XP XD @_@ V_V =.=;; ^_~ ^_^ etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Acting a bit more sorry may appease the fans better. If a moderator deleted the MDWAV thread by mistake and acted as nonchalant as you, I'll be really pissed off.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Acting a bit more sorry may appease the fans better. If a moderator deleted the MDWAV thread by mistake and acted as nonchalant as you, I'll be really pissed off.
    I don't know what's the big deal is, months ago a bunch of anime threads from the anime forum went away and people made new threads. What's the use of making a mountain out of a ant-hill for? I'm sorry but I can't conjure up the threads that are already gone. Besides, it's your interpretation that I'm being nonchalant.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quite simply, we moderators are human. Sometimes, we screw up. We regret it when we do and inconvenience members of the forum, but it happens.

I lost a thread in the recent Music Forum clean up too. I didn't like losing it, but it's no big deal. I can just start it again if and when I feel like it. Everyone else can do the same.