Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Music thread missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't know what's the big deal is, months ago a bunch of anime threads from the anime forum went away and people made new threads. What's the use of making a mountain out of a ant-hill for? I'm sorry but I can't conjure up the threads that are already gone. Besides, it's your interpretation that I'm being nonchalant.
    I don't think the intent is to make a mountain out of a molehill but to state a point. and its not true that everyone don't mind starting from scratch, esp if efforts have been put in to build up the thread.

I think the point is taken. I don't wish to see this thread turn into a fight. I am sure we are all mature enough to deal with different viewpoints but emotions might overun if we continue to discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Quite simply, we moderators are human. Sometimes, we screw up. We regret it when we do and inconvenience members of the forum, but it happens.

I lost a thread in the recent Music Forum clean up too. I didn't like losing it, but it's no big deal. I can just start it again if and when I feel like it. Everyone else can do the same.
    Ken,

Thanks for dropping a line. Point taken. but I think not everyone feels the same about restarting threads.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Ken,

Thanks for dropping a line. Point taken. but I think not everyone feels the same about restarting threads.
    Unfortunately, that can't be helped. For future reference, however, it might be a good idea to archive the contents of important threads/posts that you'd like to have a permanent record of. It's generally understood that nothing posted on an Internet forum is going to be permanent, so if there's a piece of text from the forum that's important to you, archiving it would be adviseable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Unfortunately, that can't be helped. For future reference, however, it might be a good idea to archive the contents of important threads/posts that you'd like to have a permanent record of. It's generally understood that nothing posted on an Internet forum is going to be permanent, so if there's a piece of text from the forum that's important to you, archiving it would be adviseable.
    Thanks.

btw, there are now 2 Arashi threads under actor's. Can SPCNET merge them? appreciate that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't know what's the big deal is, months ago a bunch of anime threads from the anime forum went away and people made new threads. What's the use of making a mountain out of a ant-hill for? I'm sorry but I can't conjure up the threads that are already gone. Besides, it's your interpretation that I'm being nonchalant.
    I'm not asking you to conjure up the threads again. Yes, I know mods are human and made mistake too. It's just your way of responding. Not even a 'sorry'. This post of yours certainly sound very nonchalant and I'm not the only one who feel this way (look at strawberry's post before mine).

Don't Worry. Accidents only happen once usually.

It's not like mods take great joy in deleting your threads. We care too.
    People are already upset that their thread get deleted accidentally and unexpectedly after they put so much effort into it, but the moderator who deleted it act like it's no big deal. This will just upset people more. It's a active thread. If the thread is inactive, and mod deleted it, no one can cry about anything since it's fans' fault for not keeping the thread active. But when the mod made a mistake and then acted like it's no big deal, it will upset people that has tried hard to keep the thread alive.

That's the point I want to make.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I'm not asking you to conjure up the threads again. Yes, I know mods are human and made mistake too. It's just your way of responding. Not even a 'sorry'. This post of yours certainly sound very nonchalant and I'm not the only one who feel this way (look at strawberry's post before mine).

People are already upset that their thread get deleted accidentally and unexpectedly after they put so much effort into it, but the moderator who deleted it act like it's no big deal. This will just upset people more. It's a active thread. If the thread is inactive, and mod deleted it, no one can cry about anything since it's fans' fault for not keeping the thread active. But when the mod made a mistake and then acted like it's no big deal, it will upset people that has tried hard to keep the thread alive.

That's the point I want to make.
    Thank you self-appointed vigilante for reminding me.

To Strawberry, I apologize for not formally apologizing to you. I apologize for accidently deleting your beloved thread and for causing any inconvienience, Please forgive me for it is only an accident. I had no premediated intentions.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

To Suet Seung,

You are being sarcastic now, aren't you? surely, there is no need for this.
    let's just drop this topic. The thread was not started with ill intent in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    To Suet Seung,

You are being sarcastic now, aren't you? surely, there is no need for this.
    let's just drop this topic. The thread was not started with ill intent in the first place.
    I have no need to be sarcastic towards you, Strawberry.

An apology is an apology. If you doubt my sincerity, then theres nothing I can do.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.