Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Da Ren Wu (celebrity) Translation By Gu Long

Chapter 14 - Qin Ge, Qin Ge

One

Tian SiSi cast a glance at him and asked suddenly, “Mr. Qin will come here?”

Yang Fan said, “How do I know?”

Tian SiSi said, “You certainly know. I think that you have already known him, and he has already known you.”

Yang Fan sighed and muttered, “Why do women always have many strange ideas?”

The door opened suddenly.
    That very ominous person suddenly turned into a very polite person and with a smile he bowed and said, “Please enter.”

Near him there was a very magnificent husky fellow wearing a long robe, with heavy eyebrows, uneven face, and cleaned shaven. As soon as he saw Yang Fan, he loudly said with a smile, “Today which wind is blowing you here?”

Yang Fan said, “An evil influence.”

The guy said with surprise, “Evil influence?”

Yang Fan sighed, “If not for an evil influence, how can I get here?”

The guy said with a smile, “You have not come here for several months to waste your money, aren’t you afraid your money will become moldy?”

Two

Although the smoke-laden house was very big, people fully crammed the place everywhere.
    All kinds of person, the majority looking very anxious, some were not looking so anxious, but that was just a façade, their undergarments were already drenched with cold sweat.

The only person who was not anxious was that guy in the robe who had welcomed Yang Fan.
    Because he knew who the only winner in the house was.
    Himself.

He patted Yang Fan’s shoulder and said with a smile, “You go and play, once you are no longer busy, I will accompany you to drink again.”

Waiting for him to be gone, Tian SiSi sneered suddenly, “It looks like you are not really friendly with the golden beard.”

Yang Fan said, “Oh?”

Tian SiSi said, “If you were his friend, he would certainly come out and greet you personally.”

Yang Fan smiled and said, “Who do you think the person who welcomed us?”

Tian SiSi said, “He cannot be the golden beard.”

Yang Fan said, “He is not the golden beard?”

Tian SiSi lost her voice, “What? He is the golden beard? He did not have any beard.”

Yang Fan said, “The beard can be shaven.”

Tian SiSi said, “Since he is the golden beard, why does he need to shave his beard?”

Yang Fan said with a smile, “Because he recently got married.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why should it matter?”

Yang Fan said, “It matters, and it is actually the main reason.”

Tian SiSi blinked and said, “Does his wife tell him to scrape off his beard?”

Yang Fan said, “You have finally become intelligent.”

Tian SiSi also could not bear smiling and said, “I did not expect such a person like him can also fear his wife.”

Yang Fan said, “Anyone can fear his wife, regardless of race or social class.”

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “So a man who is afraid of his wife is a very fair occurrence.”

Yang Fan also sighed and said, “Such fair occurence indeed are luckily not that many.”

Many kinds of people were gambling in different ways, using dice, the sign nine (pai-jiu), odds and evens, big and small ...... All kinds that you would expect to find here.

A notice was pasted on the wall:
    “Gambling limits: Highest 1000 taels, lowest 10 taels.”

Tian SiSi looked all around for a while before sighing and said, “Qin Ge is not here.”

Yang Fan said, “I guarantee you that he will certainly come here.”

Tian SiSi said, “You are not deceiving me?”

Yang Fan said, “Why do I want to deceive you?”

Tian SiSi thought that indeed Yang Fan should not have any reason to deceive her, she also asked, “When will he come?”

Yang Fan said, “That is difficult to say, anyway we will just wait here until he comes in.”

Tian SiSi said, “If this place closes up?”

Yang Fan said, “This place never closes.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Yang Fan said, “Because nobody knows when the gambling addiction will manifest, therefore in this place people can come in 24 hours as necessary.”

Tian SiSi cast a glance at him and said with a smile, “Now your betting addiction can manifest suddenly?”

Yang Fan gave a forced smile and said, “Having arrived here, if that thinking doesn’t cross my mind that is impossible.”

Tian SiSi said suddenly, “You looked at the woman on that side.”
    There was nothing strange to find a woman in a gambling establishment, but that woman was really too young and too attractive.

She was playing the sign nine (pai-jiu), moreover she was the dealer.
    She wore dresses that was very magnificent and expensive, but now her neck opening was wide open, the sleeves were all rolled up and had revealed the snow white milk-white bosom and a pair of tender white arm.

She was losing money fast.
    She got “the turtle ten”, so she had to pay up all around.
    Her pile of money in front of her quickly disappeared.
    A person with a pockmarked face who stood beside her squinted at her with an evil-looking smile and said easily, “Young madam, I think you ought to let others be the dealer.”

This young madam’s face had reddened and said loudly, “Not good, I must get back my money.”

The big person with the pockmarked face said, “If you want to get back your money I am afraid you will have to wait till tomorrow, today the jewelry you are wearing has all been ransomed, our custom here is not to give credit to anyone.”

The young madam was nipping her lips, after some momentary indecision she said suddenly, “I have another thing to ransom.”

The big person with a pockmarked face said, “What thing?”

The young madam stuck out her chest and said, “Myself.”

The face of that big person with the pockmarked face had brightened visibly, the faint smile took a measuring look at her and said, “How much do you want to ransom?”
    He kept staring at the open neck of her dress and said, “Is 3000 taels good enough?”

Immediately that young madam patted the table and said, “Good, bring out the money, I am ransomed to you.”

Tian SiSi looked with straight eyes, she could not bear sighing and said, “Wonder where this young madam comes from, she is losing so miserably.”

Someone besides her sneered and suddenly said, “Darn me if that woman is a young honorable madam, how would an honorable young madam come to this kind of place?”

This person had a long face, wearing all black, his attire was completely similar to the guard of the door, so he must also be working under the golden beard.

Tian SiSi could not bear asking, “What type of person comes here then?”

This person, “A woman who bets in this place is either sold here, or someone’s secondary wife.”
    He pointed out to that young madam and said, “She is the thirteenth wife of the Datong government office Wang BaiWan. Although she may appear well-mannered, as soon as she has lost her bets, immediately she would revert back to her original disposition.”

Tian SiSi sneeringly said, “As soon as a man bets, doesn’t he also revert back to his original disposition?”

This person smiled and said, “But it is a pity that even if the man wants to sell himself, he can’t.”
    He walked away with a grin, before leaving he cast a glance back at Tian SiSi twice.

Tian SiSi became so mad that her face became pale when she retorted, “Why does a woman’s luck seems to be worse than man’s since she was born? A man can bet, why can’t a woman bet?”

Yang Fan said lightly, “Because a woman is not born as a man..”

Tian SiSi stared back at him, “What are you saying?”

Yang Fan said with a smile, “This sentence is very simple, but it is a pity that some women in the world cannot understand this.”

So, Yang Fan started to bet.
    He bet on the pai-jiu.
    Since the gambling limit was 10 taels, whether he lost or won, he kept betting only 10 taels, no more no less.
    Although the people beside him did not say anything, their vision seemed to show their disdain at him.
    Regardless of how others viewed him and judged him, Yang Fan did not care.

But Lady Tian actually could not bear it.
    Since she sat near Yang Fan, when Yang Fan got disgraced, wasn’t that also causing her to lose face?
    She could not bear saying quietly, “Can you increase your bet?”

Yang Fan said, “Cannot.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why can’t you?”

Yang Fan smiled, “Because I do not want to lose too quickly, and also because I do not want to win other people’s money.”

Tian SiSi said bitterly, “What kind of compulsive gambler are you?”

Yang Fan said, “I did not say that I am a compulsive gambler, you are the one who said it.”

Tian SiSi stared at him before she laughed and sweetly said, “You are a compulsive gambler, it is just that you are an eighth-class compulsive gambler.”

Yang Fan had not spoken back, nor did he increase his gambling stake.
    He won once or twice, but he did not lose that many either.

Tian SiSi sighed, “Looks like if you set a limited gambling stake, you will not be able to double it.”

Yang Fan said with a smile, “That is right.”

The room suddenly became noisy with cheering noises, “Hero Qin has come ......when Hero Qin comes, the mood will certainly lighten up…”

Hearing about Hero Qin coming, Tian SiSi knew that they were talking about Qin Ge.
    Qin Ge had really come.

Tian SiSi felt her mouth become dry, the hands and feet felt cold, and she had difficulty breathing in and out.
    Although she had widened her eyes, she still could not see clearly which one was Qin Ge.
    She was really too anxious, so anxious that everything seemed a little blurry.
    Luckily she finally saw a red silk handkerchief.
    It was like a red sun which had just risen.

Qin Ge indeed was a favorite, people everywhere would cheer him on.
    All the people in this room have nearly encircled him.

Tian SiSi could no longer see the red silk handkerchief, she became so anxious that she simply could only stamp her own feet.
    Yang Fan sat as stable as the rock of Gibraltar there, concentrating completely on his gambling stake.
    10 taels, never changed.
    Tian SiSi really wished to stuff the 10 taels inside his mouth.

“Such a great person like Qin Ge has come, and yet this pig has just ignored him, it seems that to him, Qin Ge cannot be compared with his 10 taels.”

Tian SiSi hated him until her teeth itched so instead she went to Tian Xin and asked, “Have you seen him?”

Tian Xin blinked and said, “Him? How do I know who do you mean as ‘him’?”

Tian SiSi stamped her feet and said, “Certainly Qin Ge, who else besides him?”

Tian Xin said with a smile, “I actually saw him, but ......”

Tian SiSi did not wait for her to complete her sentence and just interrupted her, “Actually how does he look?”

Tian Xin said easily, “His look? Not any different than other people, two eyes and two legs.”

Tian SiSi was so anxious and angry that she wished she could stuff 10 taels inside her pouty mouth as well.

By now she had finally heard Qin Ge’s voice!
    The voice was loud and strong, precisely like a man's voice!
    “When you bet, you must bet happily, otherwise, just go home and hug your wife.”
    Everybody laughed together.
    “Right, Hero Qin is really a happy person.”
    “Playing odd and even is the happiest, Hero Qin how about you becoming the dealer?”

Qin Ge’s voice was happy, “Good, becoming a dealer is fine, but I have one condition.”

“Hero Qin just say it.”

“I have no problem following the golden beard’s rule, however if I become the dealer, you must bet at least 100 taels, the more the better, that way I can become looser and happier.”

The crowd had finally dispersed.

Tian SiSi finally saw Qin Ge, finally saw the great person in her mind.
    What she saw first was naturally that bright red silk handkerchief.
    The same red color as her complexion now.
    The red silk handkerchief hung loosely on his neck.
    The neck was very thick, but since Qin Ge was so tall, she did not consider that as thick.
    A great person might not necessarily look very handsome, but he would certainly have certain extraordinary style.
    Qin Ge’s style was indeed not small, he pulled out his hand out of his pocket and a big thick bunch of paper money was thrown casually on the table.

“Bet, bet freely.”
    Thereupon everybody made his bet, several put 100 taels, some 1000 taels.
    It seemed that the people who came got their money easily, either from stealing or from snatching other people’s money.

Everybody cheered
    The banker compensated many, but only swallowed a few.
    After compensating several 1000 taels, instantly, the ten thousand taels no longer belonged to the surnamed Qin.
    Qin Ge actually did not turn a hair, his eyes were still luminous, although he was not very handsome, but by his style, any woman would readily swoon and prostrate themselves under his black satin pants.

Tian SiSi simply looked at him in awe, she could not bear gently sighing and said, “He is really a man, really a big hero.”

Tian Xin smiled suddenly and said, “How do you know?”

Tian SiSi said, “Just looking at how he gambles, that’s enough.”

Tian Xin said, “If a person loses money while making large bets, that doesn’t prove he is a man or a hero.” She smiled and said, “Perhaps it can only prove one thing.”

Tian SiSi said, “What?”

Tian Xin said easily, “It can only prove that he is a compulsive gambler, a first-class compulsive gambler.”

Tian SiSi was so mad she just ignored her.

Yang Fan? He was still concentrating completely on his gambling stake. 10 taels bets.

Tian SiSi could not help giving him a shove and said quietly, “Do you know Qin Ge?”

Yang Fan said, “No.”

Tian SiSi sneeringly said, “You have mixed with many people in jiang-hu, and yet you don’t know the great people.”

Yang Fan smiled and said, “Because I was not born a great person, moreover as soon as I see a great person I become anxious.”

Tian SiSi said bitterly that, “Why don't you think of a way to get to know him?”

Yang Fan said, “Why do I want to think of a way to get to know him?”

Tian SiSi said, “Because......Because I want to get to know him.”

Yang Fan said, “That is your matter, I have already said, I can only bring you here to find him, I am not doing anything else.”

Tian SiSi said, “But ......But you should at least give me an opportunity.”

Yang Fan said, “What kind of opportunity?”

Tian SiSi said, “If you go there to gamble, you might get to know him.”

Yang Fan said, “I cannot go.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why can’t you go?”

Yang Fan said, “The gambling stake on that side is too high.”

Tian SiSi stamped her feet and said, “Why don't you go home and hug your wife?”

Yang Fan said lightly, “Because I do not have a wife.”
    His replies were always simple, nobody could say he did not tell the truth, but some might say that although he was still alive, his spirit had already died.

Tian SiSi walked closer towards Qin Ge and saw that big person with a pockmarked face.
    Rotating her eyes, she asked suddenly, “Do you know that big person with a pockmarked face?”

Yang Fan smiled, “I do know him actually, but he is not a great person.”

Tian SiSi said, “What does he do?”

Yang Fan said, “He is a bloodsucker in this gambling establishment.”

Tian SiSi frowned, “Bloodsucker?”

Yang Fan said, “He specially waits for someone to lose his bets and then consider his possessions, he would offer money for further bets at very low nominal value. If the original value is 300 taels he would only offer 150.”

Tian SiSi’s eyes kept rotating, she suddenly smiled and said, “You are a good person, right. Just help me a little?”

Yang Fan said, “What little help?”

Tian SiSi said, “Ransom me with that man with a pockmarked face.”

Yang Fan looked at her up and down twice and said, “You have a problem?”

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “No, no problem at all.”

Yang Fan said, “You still want to ransom yourself to make large bets?”

Tian SiSi said, “No, I am not a compulsive gambler.”

Yang Fan said, “So you are saying you don’t have a problem, you are not a compulsive gambler, and yet you still want me to ransom you with that man?”
    He sighed and gave a forced smile, “Why do women have strange ideas?”

Tian SiSi said, “You do not need to worry about me, as long as you help me over this, I will no longer make any trouble for you.”

Yang Fan gave it a thought and finally said, “This is your last request?”

Tian SiSi said, “Absolutely last.”

Yang Fan sighed, “Fine, the long pain is inferior to the short pain, I will accept this fate.”
    He finally beckoned to that big person with a pockmarked face and said loudly, “Zhao Gang, could you come here?”
    That big person Zhao Gang looked at him, also looked at Tian SiSi beside him, however he finally walked leisurely with a faint smile and said easily, “What? Betting small, and yet you still lose everything?”

Yang Fan said, “Even betting a tael, sooner or later you can lose everything.”

Zhao Gang said, “What do you want to ransom?”

Yang Fan referred to Tian SiSi and said, “How much can you give for her?”

Zhao Gang took a look around Tian SiSi several times, his face brightened and said, “How much do you want to ransom?”

Yang Fan said, “Such a young and attractive girl must at least worth 3000 taels.”

Zhao Gang stared at Tian SiSi several times while muttering, “She actually looks like an original goods … Fine, I will give you 3000 taels, as long as you can guarantee that she will not run away.”

Yang Fan said, “Aren’t you afraid other people will not pay their debts?”

Zhao Gang laughed and said, “The one who dares to cross me, I really must admire him.”
    He counted 3000 taels in paper money, but before handing it to Yang Fan…

Tian SiSi suddenly screamed, “Save me, save me!”
    Her call seemed to be more scared than a person twisting a chicken neck.

Yang Fan did not even blinked, like he had expected this to occur.
    Only Zhao Gang was scared, everyone else did not seem to hear anything.
    The most exasperating thing, Qin Ge had not heard her either.
    When a man gambled, besides the sound of the dice, very few could hear any other sound.

Tian SiSi clenched her teeth, flushed to Qin Ge’s side and screamed, “Save me, save me.”
    She basically just screamed into Qin Ge’s ears.

At last Qin Ge seemed to have heard her, but not that clearly, so he turned around with a frown and asked, “What’s the matter?”

Tian SiSi was pointing at Yang Fan and said, “He ......He ......He is trying to sell me to others.”

Qin Ge sized her up several times and still frowning he asked, “How is he related to you?”

END OF CHAPTER 14

fastclock - Wuxia Stories

Thanks for the new update fastclock.

TSS is such an idiot!

Chapter 15 - True Qualities of a Big Hero

One

Tian SiSi lowered her head like she must cry very soon, saying, “He is not related to me at all, I was only coming here with him. He…”

Immediately Qin Ge struck the table and said, “What is this? Where is the law in this world?”
    His strode in front of Yang Fan and stared at him, “Why do you have to sell this girl to others?”

Yang Fan sighed, “Because I am a compulsive gambler, moreover I have just lost big.”
    Saying this reason was like asking to be hit on the butt 300 times.

Who knew that suddenly Qin Ge seemed to sympathize with him very much and said, “That is no wonder with you. How much money do you have to get back?”

Yang Fan smiled suddenly and said, “Since Big Hero Qin had noticed me, I don’t need even 10 taels,”
    He stood up, patted his clothes and left the place.

Looking at him leaving, Tian SiSi felt a little uncomfortable in her heart.
    “In any event, this big-headed ghost is not a dishonest person, I will certainly have to find an opportunity to repay him later.”

Suddenly she had remembered Tian Xin.
    “Since he has no wife yet and Tian Xin likes him, why don’t I simply give tacit permission to yield her to him?”

It was only a pity that by now Tian Xin had disappeared again.
    When did Tian Xin go, where did she go? Tian SiSi unexpectedly did not know.
    A few moments ago, she had only seemed to notice that Yang Fan person, in her heart there was also only Yang Fan.
    How was this matter?
    Lady Tian did not know, and she did not even dare to acknowledge it.
    She sighed gently, when she turned around, she found that Qin Ge had stood beside her with a faint smile looking at her.

She had gone through so much trouble to find him, and had finally gotten to know this great person with difficulty, and yet she seemed to have forgotten about him a moment ago.
    This great person did not seem to be no longer as important in her heart as that pig?

Qin Gehuan was staring at her, as if waiting for her to speak. His eyes were certainly very bright, exhibiting great strength and yet his eyes were also somewhat red.
    “It looks like a person with such great courage and great bearings will not be able to sleep a lot.”

Tian SiSi finally smiled and said, “Many thanks to Big Hero for rescuing me, otherwise I ......I really did not know what to do.”

Qin Ge said, “You know me?”

Tian SiSi cast a glance at the red silk handkerchief on his neck and smiles, “Who in jiang-hu doesn’t know Hero Qin?”

Qin Ge said, “You knew that I would rescue you?”

Tian SiSi said, “Hero Qin behaves righteously, also everybody in the jiang-hu knows that.”

Qin Ge slowly said, “Because you knew that I would rescue you, therefore you arranged for that person to sell you to that Zhao Gang, right?”

Tian SiSi was stunned.
    She did not expect Qin Ge to know her ruse so well that she was at lost for words.
    “You ......How can you know?”
    When she said this, she immediately regretted it, it was like admitting to Qin Ge that what she did just now was completely acting.

Qin Ge laughed and said, “Why shouldn’t I know it? You think this is a wonderful method, but to me this is not a peculiar method because at least 7 or 8 girls have also tried a similar method to me.”

Tian SiSi’s face reddened from ear to ear, she really wished she could dig a tunnel to hide herself in.

Qin Ge also suddenly said, “But you actually differ from these other girls!”

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips, raising enough courage she asked, “How ......how?”

Qin Ge was smiling and said, “You are much more attractive compared to these girls and you smile a lot sweeter than them. With such a sweet smile, my luck in the future cannot be too bad, therefore …”
    He pulled Tian SiSi with him and said, “Come on, accompany me to bet, with you looking on, you will really give me good luck.”

Therefore Lady Tian had become to know Qin Ge, moreover she had begun to understand him.
    She had discovered that Qin Ge was a person who dared to say what he said and dared to do what he did. When he held her hand, regardless of how many people were looking on, he would still dare to pull her hand.
    If he spoke about something, regardless of how many ears were listening, he also dared to set his own rules. He did not worry about what other people thought, he just disregarded them completely.

“If it were that big-headed ghost, perhaps he would not have revealed my secret in front of so many people just to save my face.”

Lady Tian had decided earlier that she would no longer think about that big-headed ghost, but she did not know why, whenever she saw anyone, she could not help comparing that person to him.

“In any event, Qin Ge was at least more open minded compared to him.”
    Lady Tian had finally drawn a conclusion for herself.
    But was this conclusion correct?
    She did not know — — well she knew, but she could not get herself to acknowledge it.
    When Lady Tian was willing to acknowledge that she was making a mistake, the sun would have certainly set in the west.

Two

Intimate friends were not necessarily good friends.
    For example, “wine” and “gambling” were very intimate, so intimate that very few people could separate them apart, and yet they were really friends who ruined each other.

Therefore a compulsive gambler was also usually a drunkard.
    As soon as some people drank, he would want to bet; Some people who bet from the very beginning, would want to drink later.
    And the result?
    The result was, “The more you lose, the more you drink. And when you drink some more, the more you lose. And when you get really drunk, you have probably lost everything.”

Therefore in a gambling establishment they always provided the liquor, moreover they would just give it for free, they would just let you drink as much as you want.
    Because when you were so far into your drinking, that meant that you were so far into losing in your betting.

Qin Ge was very, very far in his drinking.
    If you were not willing to acknowledge his heroic spirit before, when you saw him drink you would have no alternative but to acknowledge it.
    The way he drank his liquor seemed to resemble how he viewed a hated enemy, as soon as the cup was filled with the wine, immediately the wine got deposited into his belly, no matter how many cups, no matter how big was the cup size.

“When a man drinks like this, that is truly a true quality of a hero.”
    But Tian Xin would have also said, “This also cannot prove that he is a hero, it just proves that he is a drunkard.”
    This pouty mouth really had not spoken that many good sayings.
    “Where has this dead servant girl gone to? Could she have run away with that big-headed ghost?”

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips, she decided to no longer think about anything else and just concentrated completely on Qin Ge.
    Then she discovered immediately that Qin Ge had lost everything.
    A person’s appearance who had lost everything was usually not very attractive, but unexpectedly Qin Ge did not even turn a hair.

That golden beard suddenly appeared at his side. He showed a sympathetic face and said, “Hero Qin, your wind is not blowing great today and you have really lost a lot.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “I was prepared to lose money. As long as I can bet happily, losing 18000 taels is not a problem for me.”

The golden beard raised his thumb and said loudly, “Good! That is the spirit of a real man, not only betting well, but also losing well.”
    He waved his hand to beckon his people and said, “Bring here 50,000 taels, we have to let Big Hero Qin regain his money.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “I knew from early on that you are also a good person, you don’t even wait for me to open my mouth.”

The golden beard suddenly seemed embarrassed and hesitatingly said, “Only our custom here, Hero Qin must know about it.”

Qin Ge said, “You must have a ransom?”

The golden beard said with a smile, “A friend is a friend, but a custom is a custom, Hero Qin’s heroic spirit soars like cloud, this institutional rule is really awkward for a friend.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “You have no need to beat around the bushes with me, when you pile up that money in front of me, I, surnamed Qin, will not take your money in vain.”
    He had patted his own chest and said, “You can look at my whole body, if you find something worthy of 50,000 taels, you just need to open your mouth and say it!”

The golden beard’s face brightened and said, “Really?”

Qin Ge had shown a serious face and said, “What is real or false? When you open your mouth, I will let you see what I can do!”

The golden beard’s eyes flashed, he lowered his voice suddenly, “Hero Qin, do you see the three people sitting in that corner?”

He had no need to point them out, others would also know.
    Because these three people were indeed very distinct.
    These three people were a taoist priest, a monk, and a poor scholar.
    In the gambling establishment all sorts of people played there, even if some monks and taoist priests came here, that was not so strange.
    What was strange was that these three people were not betting at all.
    The monk held a string of buddha beads, his mouth was mumbling as if he were chanting.
    The taoist priest closed his eyes one's eyes, both palms were clasped together, giving the impression that he was meditating here.
    The poor scholar held a cup of wine on the left hand and a book on the right, as if he were looking at personal redemption with avarice.

The monk was chanting, the taoist priest was sitting in meditation, the scholar was reading they are all performing their mundane tasks, and yet performing these in a gambling establishment was really strange and not fitting the profile.
    These three people were occupying a gambling table, other people who wanted to bet did not have enough room to sit there.

Tian SiSi saw that these three people were intentionally looking for trouble.
    She felt that these three people were using not only an extraordinary method, but also an interesting one.

Qin Ge frowned, “You want me to drive them out?”

The golden beard said, “That is my intention.”

Qin Ge said, “Why don’t you do it?”

The golden beard sighed, with a forced smile he said, “Because they have not broken the rule here.” He continued, “There is really no stipulation here that would prevent a scholar from reading, a taoist priest to meditate and a monk to chant, right?”

Tian SiSi almost laughed.

Although everyone knew that these three were intentionally looking for trouble, but no one could point out that they had made a mistake.

Qin Ge said, “When did they come?”

The golden beard said, “Several days ago. But sometimes they come, sometimes they leave, nobody knows when they will appear.”

Qin Ge said, “Why did you allow them to come in?”

The golden beard also sighed and said, “The question here is that nobody knew how they managed to get in.”

Qin Ge’s eyes had shone as he lowered his voice, “So, these three people actually have some skills.”

The golden beard said, “It looks like they are indeed a little pricky, therefore if Hero Qin is not willing to deal with this issue, please do not feel forced.”

Qin Ge sneered, “I am a person who likes to make trouble since I was born.”

The golden beard revealed a delighted smile, “Therefore, this 50,000 taels will be waiting for Hero Qin for you to regain your money.”

Qin Ge laughed and tossed down the wine before he strode forward.
    Qin Ge always did things very simply and straightforward.

But by becoming a bodyguard for this gambling establishment for 50,000 taels, wouldn’t this caused him to lose his chivalrous person identity?
    Tian SiSi continuously looked from his side, her heart unavoidably felt a little disappointed.
    “But what should a chivalrous person do?”
    “Behaves righteously, helps the weak , upholds justice, settles a dispute ......These matters not only would not earn money, sometimes, they would require some additional money too.

“A chivalrous person is also a normal person, who must eat meal, must spend like any other people, maybe even more than normal people, so if they just do things that require money, won’t they starve to death in the end?”

END OF CHAPTER 15

Thanks fastclock.

TSS is beginning to have feelings for Yang Fan.

Chapter 16 - Unexpected Visitors

“A chivalrous person cannot live on a golden goose, nor does he have a place where silver pieces would rain everyday, so how do you want them to pull a cart with a nonexistent donkey? Then how do you lose face in this situation?”

Thinking it over, Tian SiSi felt he did nothing wrong doing this.
    As long as Lady Tian thought about something, she always found a way to explain it.
    As long as Lady Tian liked the person, she would always consider him a good person.

The taoist priest was still meditating, the monk was chanting the scripture and the scholar was deep in reading looking lost in his thought.

Qin Ge walked slowly.
    He intentionally walked very slowly, very calmly, not because he had drunk five big catty of wine, that he could not walk steadily, but the way he walked he expected the other people to notice him.
    He appreciated how others would look at him with meaningful glances that were three parts awe and seven parts envy.
    This point he indeed did very successfully.
    Everyone was paying attention to him so the sound in the hall suddenly quieted down, even the sound of the dices had all stopped.

Qin Ge’s smile became freer and easier as he arrived slowly in front of that scholar and then he said easily, “What book are you reading?”

The scholar had not heard him.

In a jiang-hu person’s mind, a scholar would equate to being poor and pedantic, and this scholar was not an exception. He wore a blue rough shirt that had become whitish from too many washings, his face was yellowish as if he did not had enough nutrition.

And now his face suddenly showed a delightful smile and he approved loudly, “Good Zi Fang, good Zhu Hai, although indescribably tragic but enough to startle the world......Happy, happy, deliriously happy.”
    At the end of this speech, he had downed a cup of wine that he carried with him.

Qin Ge could not bear asking, “Who is this Zi Fang? Who is also Zhu Hai? Is it possible that they are the the martial arts world masters?”

The scholar finally turned to look at him, but his glance was like looking at an arriving camel, he did not seemed to be in awe at the very least.
    He blinked at him and then frowned, “Zhang ZiFang is Zhang Liang, haven’t you heard of him?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “I have not heard of him, I only know that the world number one in the martial arts world is Gentleman Lan, he is also my good friend.”
    He smiled unexpectedly as he said, “The next time I have the opportunity to see him, I might as well ask for his advice for a few kung-fu moves.”

The scholar listened to what he said like a person being slapped, even his nose became crooked. He poured some more wine into his cup and drank some, before giving a sigh and muttered, “A stupid child cannot be taught, a rotten wood cannot be carved, you better walk as far as you can, do not make me consider you as uncouth.”

Qin Ge suddenly became very stern as he said, “You want me to leave?”

The scholar said, “That’s what I want.”

Qin Ge said, “You know what I want?”

The scholar said, “I am not a worm in your belly, how would I know what you want to do?”

Qin Ge said, “Right, I will tell you then, I want you to leave.”

The scholar seemed to be very startled and said, “You want me to leave? Why?”

Qin Ge said, “You know what place is this?”

Scholar said, “A gambling establishment.”

Qin Ge said, “Since you know, you should not have come.”

Scholar said, “Even a prostitute can come here, why can’s a scholar come here?”

Qin Ge said, “What are you doing here?”

The scholar said, “Certainly studying, if a scholar does not study then the whole body and thinking will become uncouth.”
    He was staring at Qin Ge said, “Can’t a scholar study?”

Qin Ge said, “He can.”

The scholar said, “Since a scholar can come here and can study, why do you want the scholar to leave, am I right?”

Qin Ge said, “Yes.”

Scholar said, “Since I am right, then you should leave.”

Qin Ge said, “I will not leave, you should leave!”

Scholar said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because I never reason with a scholar.”

The scholar jumped suddenly and said, “You never reason with anyone?”

Qin Ge said, “Right.”

The scholar has pulled up his sleeves and said, “You want to fight?”

Qin Ge had smiled and said, “You are finally right.”

The scholar was staring him and said, “You do not reason with a scholar, then why does a scholar want to fight with you?”
    He pulled down his sleeves again slowly and said, “I think you should leave quickly, if you do not leave, I will ......”

Qin Ge said, “What?”

The scholar said, “Leave. If you do not leave I will leave, ......Are you really not going to leave?”

Qin Ge said, “Really!”

The scholar said, “Fine, if you don’t leave, I will leave.”
    He actually really meant what he said, and he left.

Qin Ge laughed as he finished the scholar's wine in the pot, then he stood in front of that taoist priest and said, “That scholar is also the taoist priest’s friend?”

The taoist priest put his palms together, “The red flowers, the green leaves and the blue lotus root are like Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism, everything is in one harmony, so who is not a friend of mine?”

Qin Ge said, “Since the scholar can come here, a taoist priest certainly can also come.”

The taoist priest said, “Precisely.”

Qin Ge said, “Since a scholar can study here, the taoist priest certainly can also sit in meditation here.”

The taoist priest said with a smile, “The benefactor is really a sensible person.”

Qin Ge said, “I also understand one thing.”

The taoist priest said, “Let me know about it.”

Qin Ge said, “Since the scholar can leave this place, the taoist priest should also leave.”

The taoist priest thought and said, “If the taoist priest can leave, the monk also should leave.”

Qin Ge had also smiled and said, “The taoist priest is also a sensible person.”

The taoist priest said, “I actually do not know whether this monk is a sensible person?”

The monk said, “No.”

The taoist priest said, “Are you a muddled monk?”

The monk said, “If I do not enter hell, who will? If this monk is not muddled, who is?”

The taoist priest said, “If the monk really wants to enter hell, that is actually easy, hell is not that far from here.”

The monk said softly said with a smile, “Such being the case, I will let brother guide me.”

The taoist priest also said softly with a smile, “In front of the master, how dare I be the one in front?”

The monk said, “Brother, please.”

The taoist priest said, “Master, please.”

The monk looked at Qin Ge and said, “This benefactor? Do you intend to go with this poor monk?”

The taoist priest put his palms together and said with a smile, “Master and myself should leave first, this benefactor will surely come after us quickly!”

The monk said, “Such being the case, this poor monk will wait in hell then ......Amida Buddha.”

The taoist priest said, “Immeasurable long-lived Buddha.”

The monk said, “Virtuous, virtuous.”

The two people put their palms together while their mouths proclaimed their chanting praise, after bowing to Qin Ge, they left while smiling.
    When they got to the entrance, the monk suddenly turned his head to Qin Ge and said, “But the benefactor must not forget about today.”

The taoist priest said, “He cannot forget.”

The monk said, “How does the taoist priest know so much about another person?”

The taoist priest said softly with a smile, “The road to the hell is always easier to take.”

The monk said softly said with a smile, “Right, going down the road is much easier than coming up the road.”

The taoist priest said, “Also much quicker.”

At the same time the two people laughed three times and left without looking behind them.
    Qin Ge also wanted to laugh, but he could not muster even a little smile.
    Other people also could not really smile, because they were all a little disappointed.
    Everyone thought that this monk, the taoist priest and the scholar all had their own intention therefore they would produce interesting interaction with Qin Ge. But instead, they had left obediently without any fight.

Some people were discussing secretly in a low voice, “Actually what are these three people doing?”
    They certainly was not planning to be here just to chant the scripture or to sit in meditation.
    “But if they were looking for trouble, why did they leave so obediently?”

Certainly because they saw the red silk handkerchief on Qin Ge’s neck.
    “If not for Hero Qin's great reputation engulfing them, how could they have been so honest?”
    Qin Ge was really great.
    “A person who tries to reason with a scholar is a simpleton and a person who tries to fight with Hero Qin fights is not just a simpleton, he must be an idiot.”

Tian SiSi originally also felt a little lump in her heart, but as soon as she heard these words she suddenly became happy. When others commended Qin Ge, she was simply even happier than Qin Ge.

But what was strange was that Qin Ge did not look very happy. Suddenly Qin Ge laughed as if he just found something that was very funny, as if the wine in his belly started to function.
    He laughed continuously as if he gradually lost his chivalrous person’s appearance. Tian SiSi could not bear it anymore, and pulled his lower hem discreetly and said quietly, “Hey, others are all looking at you.”

Qin Ge nodded while laughing, while continuing to nod he said, “I know that others are all looking at me.”

Tian SiSi said, “Can you laugh a little more quietly?”

Qin Ge said, “No.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because I was thinking something that was extremely funny, therefore I must laugh.”

Tian SiSi said, “What is so funny?”

Qin Ge said, “The monk ......”

Tian SiSi said, “What about the monk?”

Qin Ge said, “He said he wanted to wait for me in hell.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why is it so funny?”

Qin Ge said, “Just because.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “He did not know that I was running away from hell.” He lowered his voice and said mysteriously, “ Do you know why I was running away from that place?”

Tian SiSi only shook her head.

Qin Ge said, “Because there is a monk there.”

He had not finished his sentence, before he burst into another long laughter.

Tian SiSi looked at him and wondered a little, “Is this person really Qin Ge?”
    She had made one mistake, she could not afford to make another.
    But it was only a pity that she did not know the face of the real Qin Ge.

By now luckily the golden beard had stepped in, he was carrying the thick bundle of money, a thick wad of paper money.
    The golden beard said with a smile, “Here is a small gift, I ask Big Hero Qin to accept.”

Qin Ge said, “Fine.”
    He was indeed a very frank person, very impolite.

The golden beard said, “In addition, we also have something else to offer to Hero Qin.”

Qin Ge said, “What else are you offering?”

The golden beard said, “An opportunity.”

Qin Ge said, “What opportunity?”

The golden beard said, “An opportunity to let Hero Qin get back your money.”

Qin Ge laughed, “Fine, I can only be happy like this.”

The golden beard was also smiling, “But how does Hero Qin want to bet?”

Qin Ge said, “Any method of betting is fine.”

The golden beard clapped his hands and said, “Good, any type of betting is fine, only the person who should win, will win.”
    He was smiling as he also said, “But a person who should lose, won’t win regardless of the betting method.”

Therefore Qin Ge lost again as he should lose anyway.
    Because when a drunken master got drunk, even if he should win instead he would lose without anything remaining, moreover he would lose it very quickly.

“The opportunity to regain the money”, should have been said as, “The opportunity to lose everything.” Wherever was the gambling establishment, the kind of opportunity would always exist.

Everybody who watched this gave a sigh for him, whether it was genuine sympathy or not, a sigh was a sigh. “45 big” met “the leopard” did not happen very often. Some people were discussing secretly in a low voice, “I am afraid only such a talented person like Hero Qin ever find this kind of rare event.” What was this saying?

“Right, it must have been his luck.”
    Unexpectedly losing everything could also depend on luck? This was simply unreasonable.

“Although Hero Qin has lost this time, but his luck will certainly be much better at other matters. Gambler’s luck should not affect other things, but when the gambler is a good person, his luck in other matters will be affected and become better.”

Mmm, this might have some truth in it, at least Qin Ge felt so, because he had filled 4-5 catties of wine into his stomach. If a person’s belly could carry ten catty of wine, that would really be a lie. And as the wine filled the stomach, the pocket would certainly become very empty.

Everybody else was watching the next table and looked on at the three dices in the bowl. Three sixes. The golden beard had unexpectedly produced three sixes just like that, everyone really admired him.

Qin Ge suddenly felt that the golden beard could also be considered a great person just like him. Only a money winner in a gambling establishment could be called a true hero.

Therefore Qin Ge started to leave.
    He was walking shakily as he bumped into a person.
    A monk.

Qin Ge frowned and muttered, “ Why do I always meet with monks today? No wonder I keep losing.”

That monk was actually smiling and said, “The benefactor has met several monks today?”

Qin Ge said, “Including you, twice.”

The monk said with a smile, “Including me, only once.”

Qin Ge walked closer to him and looked at him carefully. He suddenly discovered that this monk with a round smiling face, was the monk he had met just a moment ago.

END OF CHAPTER 16

Thanks for the update fastclock.

Chapter 17 - Heroes and Drunkards

One

Not only was the monk here, but the taoist priest and the scholar had also came back.

Qin Ge rubbed his eyes and said, “How did I get here?”

The monk said, “You are originally here.”

Qin Ge looked around, but he needed to turn his head around too for that.

The monk said with a smile, “This place is not hell, but it isn’t that far away from it.”
    Sometimes the gambling establishment and hell were really not that far apart.

Qin Ge rubbed his eyes again and said, “Didn’t you leave not a moment ago?”

The monk nodded and said, “Since we can come, we can also leave.”

Qin Ge said, “Why have you come now?”

The monk said, “Since we can leave, we can also come.”

Qin Ge thought about it and muttered, “It makes sense. What the monk is saying really makes a lot of sense.”

The monk said, “Because the monk is a monk.”

Qin Ge thought about that and laughed suddenly, “Makes sense, you make sense again.”

The monk said, “You know why we left a moment ago?”

Qin Ge shook his head.

The monk said, “So you could gain 50,000 taels.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “I have already said, you are a sensible person.”

The monk said, “Do you know now why we have come again?”

Qin Ge said, “In order to let me gain 50,000 taels again?”

The monk said, “No.”

Qin Ge said, “As soon as you leave, I gain 50,000 taels, as soon as I lose everything, you come back again, why shouldn’t it be good?”

The monk said, “That is why it is not good.”

Qin Ge said, “Why not?”

The monk said, “Because you lose it too quickly.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “Therefore you would not leave this time?”

The monk said, “Right.”

Qin Ge stared at him and suddenly said loudly, “You really will not leave?”

The monk said, “A monk does not lie.”

Qin Ge said, “Fine, if you really will not leave, I will leave then.” He laughed while walking outside. At the entrance, suddenly he turned his head and said, “I will leave first, where should I wait for you?”

The monk pointed at above and said, “Up there!”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “You think I can return there now?”

The monk smiled.

A person who fell from above would not find it easy to climb back up.
    Even if you had climbed back up, if you were not careful, you could fall down again.
    And fell down much quicker too.

Two

Qin Ge’s body kept falling down and should have stayed down.
    But luckily Tian SiSi was there to prop him up.
    Unexpectedly when such a character like Qin Ge left that gambling establishment, no one else had come out.

Tian SiSi felt uncertain about him, but she had also felt very angry for him.
    Even if Qin Ge had not been a great person, at least he had been a big customer there, moreover he had lost so much, the golden beard ought to have taken care of him.

In fact, she was so enraged a moment ago that she had called the golden beard to account for him, “Couldn't you see that he was drunk already?”

The golden beard smiled and said, “The wine here is free.”

Tian SiSi said, “Since you knew that he was drunk, why did you allow him to leave?”

The golden beard said, “This place is not a jail, regardless of who wants to leave, we cannot prevent them.”

Tian SiSi said, “You should have at least looked after him.”

The golden beard said, “How do you want me to look after him?”

Tian SiSi said, “At least find him a place to sleep, you shouldn’t let him keel over dead drunk on the road.”

The golden beard coldly said, “This place is not an inn.”

Tian SiSi said, “But you are actually his friend.”

The golden beard said, “A person who opens a gambling establishment does not have any friend.”

Tian SiSi said, “Do you think he will come again next time?”

The golden beard said, “As long as he has money, he will come again next time. This time he goes away crawling, but he will come again the same way next time.” He smiled and then said, “When he comes here again, that is not to become friends with anyone.”

Tian SiSi said, “You cannot make him an exception?”

The golden beard said, “Why should he be an exception?”

Tian SiSi said, “He is ultimately a famous hero.”

The golden beard coldly said, “This place has no provision for friends or heroes.”
    This was the golden beard’s final answer.
    In their eyes, there were only two kinds of people in world: winners and losers.
    They should never sympathized with losers.
    And there was probably one kind of people that was worst than losers, losers who were dead drunk.

Qin Ge was not completely dead drunk, he had some awareness at least.
    He finally found out that someone was holding him, after a very long time he still could not quite see who was holding him.
    He narrowed his eyes to focus on the person, and after a very long time he suddenly said, “You are drunk too.”

Tian SiSi said, “I haven’t drunk any wine, how can I be drunk?”

Qin Ge said, “If you are not drunk yet, why do you want me to hold you?”

Tian SiSi said, “You are not holding me, I am holding you.”

Qin Ge laughed and pointed at Tian SiSi’s nose and said, “You are really not drunk yet? Your nose is so crooked that it splits into the two ears.”

Tian SiSi wished she could shove him into the sewer, as she clenched her teeth, “Can you stand straight?”

Qin Ge said, “Cannot.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because I must get down.”
    He lowered his voice and mysteriously said, “Do you know why I have to get down?”

Tian SiSi said bitterly, “Because there is no monk there?”

Qin Ge laughed, “Right, that monk is already inside that gambling establishment, chanting the scripture.” He laughed so hilariously such that he had trouble breathing.

Tian SiSi looked at him with exasperation, she really did not know where she should take him. Qin Ge suddenly flushed forward to the corner and vomited non stop.
    He vomited many, many times, Tian SiSi also hoped that he did that.

“Once a person vomits, perhaps he can become sober then.”
    She thought so because she had never really been truly drunk.
    A truly drunk person would never become sober like that, after he vomited, the tipsy feeling welled up and he became even more drunk.
    After Qin Ge vomited, he had lain down immediately, and within a very short period, he had already thunderously snored.

Tian SiSi became really anxious and said loudly, “Hey, quick, how can you sleep here?”
    Qin Ge could no longer hear anything.
    Tian SiSi then shook him really hard, after a very long time, finally Qin Ge narrowed his eyes.
    His eyes were only a third of the usual size, but his tongue was twice as big.

Tian SiSi worriedly said, “If you sleep here, how would others see you? Don’t forget that you are a true man, a big hero.”

Qin Ge replied with a smile, “Hero ......how much does a heroic value worth? Can I get something in the gambling establishment if I sell it?”
    He lowered his voice, “Can I tell you a secret?”

Tian SiSi gave a forced smile and said, “Go ahead.”

Qin Ge said, “In reality, I do not really want to be a hero, it just doesn’t feel any better.”
    Once he said it, he began to snore sonorously again.

Tian SiSi did not know what else to do.
    This person could not be shaken awake, propping him up was also useless.
    When a person got drunk, he would become much heavier to prop up.

Tian SiSi really wanted to just abandon him, but it was a pity that she was not that kind of person, moreover she was still thinking of Qin Ge as her hero, a great person.
    Many girls would faint because of the excitement just by hearing of Qin Ge’s name.
    If they saw Qin Ge like this, how would their hearts feel now?
    Because they could not see this, therefore they were all much luckier than Tian SiSi.

Tian SiSi sighed and saw that bright red silk handkerchief on Qin Ge’s neck.
    The red silk handkerchief that symbolized the chivalry, the bravery and the warm feeling.
    The red silk handkerchief was like the red sun which just arose.
    But what did this red silk handkerchief represent now?
    Like a cleaning rag.
    A rag that had cleaned 7 or 8 tables, a rag that had also a mix of sweat, wine, and some other things that were vomited by Qin Ge,
    How would those sentimental young girls feel now if they saw this red silk handkerchief on his neck? Tian SiSi did not dare to think.

“In any event, he is only like this when he gets drunk. Everyone can get drunk, doing evil is the one that cannot be forgiven.”

Tian SiSi sighed gently, squatted and wiped Qin Ge’s face with her own silk handkerchief.
    Her silk handkerchief was certainly also red, red like the warm blood of a sweetheart.
    But her blood was not as warm as when she started in this morning.

Not because she was disappointed with Qin Ge, but mainly because she did not feel well. She tried to vomit to feel better, but nothing came out. So the person with an empty belly, standing in the windy evening in a dark small lane, was accompanying a thunderously snoring drunkard. How could her blood feel warm up in this situation?

Three

Dawn.

The sun seemed to suddenly shine brightly, when Tian SiSi realized that she had fallen asleep a while ago. She did not know how she could fall asleep. Qin Ge still lied down besides the sewer. His snoring sound had finally become softer.

Tian SiSi had finally stood up in that corner of a wall, some pain shot up her neck so she had to rotate her neck a couple of times, before she suddenly realized something strange.

There was a blanket on her body.
    Yesterday evening she certainly did not have this blanket, because she was feeling at that time very cold, very hungry, sitting worriedly in this corner of a wall, and not really knowing how this night should pass.
    She was thinking about that big-headed ghost, eating to the fullest, and probably lying down on a soft bed maybe with a woman like Zhang Haoer besides him. That was the last thing she remembered. Then she suddenly fell asleep.

“Where did this blanket come from?”
    This blanket was just like a meat pie, it could not have just fallen from the sky.

Did Qin Ge wake suddenly in the midnight, and found a piece of blanket to cover her? Qin Ge seemed to have slept where he dropped down, his posture did not even seemed to change at all.

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips, thinking furiously while standing still.
    Thinking it over, there could only be someone who would cover her with this blanket.
    But she did not believe that this person would do that.
    Or she would rather not believe it.

When Qin Ge was awake, he stood very, very straight, but when he was sleeping, he did not look very good. He just looked like a sun-dried shelled shrimp.

This place was luckily a dead-end lane, only several houses' back doors were in this lane. Last night, she was so confused that she did not know how they got to this lane, but she began to think that they had been really lucky. If some people saw Lady Tian sleeping in this lane, that might have brought disgrace to the family.

But presently, the day had become brighter, at any time, there might some people walking through those back doors. Tian SiSi set a firm resolution that she would wake up Qin Ge without fail. So she really shook him hard to wake him up.

Finally Qin Ge shouted out after he opened his eyes, “What are you doing? My head is splitting apart being shaken by you.”

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips and said, “If it split apart that would be best, that would be the best opportunity to wash the inside of your head.”

At last Qin Ge began to recognize his surrounding and herself, he smiled suddenly, “It is you, how can you get here?”

Tian SiSi said bitterly, “Because I met a drunkard.”
    She was determined originally to appear before Qin Ge as a gentle, sympathetic, and a very attractive woman who certainly could become a good wife. But her temperament soon got the better of her, and she had completely forgotten her intention.

Qin Ge’s hands were holding his head while he did not stop sighing.

Tian SiSi looked as his distressed appearance and could not help asking, “Are you very uncomfortable?”

Qin Ge bitterly said, “Not only uncomfortable, even more uncomfortable than after a heavy illness.”

Tian SiSi said, “How can you be so uncomfortable?”

Qin Ge said, “When someone become drunk on the evening, the next day he will feel very uncomfortable.”

Tian SiSi said, “Since you know that, why did you get drunk?”

Qin Ge sternly said, “When a man drinks, he must appear like a real man.”

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “When you drink like that can you called a hero? That only says that you are a drunkard.”

Qin Ge said, “A hero is good, a drunkard is also good, in short, I am a man, much better than being like a woman.”

Tian SiSi said, “An effeminate person at least would feel much more comfortable than you.”

Qin Ge shook his head and said, “This is a man’s problem, you a woman, should not ask too much about it.” He finally stood up and patted Tian SiSi’s shoulder, “Let’s leave, I must find something to drink.”

Tian SiSi widened her eyes and said, “You want to drink?”

Qin Ge said, “Certainly.”

Tian SiSi said, “You are not afraid of being uncomfortable?”

Qin Ge said, “Being uncomfortable is one thing, while drinking is another thing. You a woman will not understand that.” He continued, “Moreover when I drink this time, this wine is to bring me back to life, I won’t feel uncomfortable then.”

Tian SiSi said, “If you get drunk today, won’t you feel uncomfortable tomorrow?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “Tomorrow is another day. Moreover, if I am feeling uncomfortable tomorrow, I can drink again to relieve it.”

Tian SiSi sighed and muttered, “Now I know how one can become a drunkard.”

Qin Ge simply had not listened to her, after brushing his clothes quickly to clean up, he arranged the red silk handkerchief around his neck, stood up straight, stuck out the chest, and walked towards the other end of the lane.

A person who had lied down near the sewer should really stuck out his chest when going outside. Even if the whole body felt awful, the face could not reveal even a little bit of uncomfortable appearance. Although he did not necessarily looked glowing with health, he still retained his heroic spirit, and that bright red silk handkerchief was tidily arranged, fluttering in the wind.

Tian SiSi also had no alternative but to acknowledge that the silk material that made his clothing was really good.

Qin Ge was waiting for her at the end of the lane and smiled, “How is my appearance now?”

Tian SiSi could not help but smile sweetly, “At least you do not look like a drunken cat.”
    She continued, “Where are you going to drink?”

Qin Ge said, “Certainly the biggest teahouse.”

Tian SiSi said, “Teahouse?”

Qin Ge said, “At this time, only the teahouse is open.”

Tian SiSi said, “Do they sell wine in the teahouse?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “In the teahouse, besides the tea, almost anything is available.”

Tian SiSi was unable to restrain her smile, but immediately frowned and said, “Do you have money?”

Qin Ge said, “No.” He replied very simply.

Tian SiSi’s eyebrows wrinkled even more and said, “If you don't have money, how will you buy the wine?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “When I drink why do I need money?”

Tian SiSi said, “What will you use then?”

Qin Ge stuck out his chest and said, “As soon as so I goes in, a lot of people will offer me to drink with them.”

Tian SiSi said, “You feel all right if others treat you to drink?”

Qin Ge said, “Why should I be embarrassed? When they treat me, they shine brighter; I drink their wine, they get to lift up their faces.” He smiled and also said, “A famous hero has his own advantages.”

Tian SiSi also smiled.
    Although she discovered that this person was not as great as her imagination, but he had exposed a lot of himself to her. After all he was also young. He had a lot of shortcomings, but he also had his own superiority. He was a hero, and yet a unique person. A living, vibrant man.

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “If the others had seen your drunk appearance last night, they certainly would not offer you drink.”

Qin Ge said, “No one will see that appearance. When I gamble, I am very straightforward, also when I drink. When I am drunk and have lost everything, I will not let anyone else see my miserable appearance.” He smiled, then said, “You have also heard how I have suffered hundreds of knife cuts?”

Tian SiSi nodded and said with a smile, “I have listened to that story at least a hundred times.”

Qin Ge said, “Did you hear that after I was stabbed, I crawled out of that place, and that night I was hurting everywhere that I had to sway back and forth non stop crying out for help to save me?”

Tian SiSi said, “No.”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “So now you should get what I mean?”

Tian SiSi indeed had understood.
    In jiang-hu, people would see and hear about one side of the magnificent deeds.
    But actually forgot that behind the bright lights was the gloomy side of things.

Not just about Qin Ge, but throughout the ages, the big heroes were no exception to these tales.
    Just like when people upheld a great general with power, honor, and prestige, they had actually forgotten the ten thousands of people who had died in the battlefield, scattered as mere white bones.

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “I did not realize you really understood many things.”

Qin Ge said, “When a person is mixed up for many years in jiang-hu, you get to learn many things.”

Tian SiSi blinked and said, “Do you know how I regarded you last night?”

Qin Ge shook his head.

Tian SiSi smilingly said, “I regarded as you as a boorish fellow, a country bumpkin.”

Qin Ge said, “A country bumpkin?”

Tian SiSi said, “Because who in the world had never heard of Zhang ZiFang.”

Qin Ge suddenly winked and said, “You thought I really did not know him?”

END OF CHAPTER 17

Thank you so much for another update. You sweetened my lunchbreak.

Qin Ge is an interesting dude.

Chapter 18 – The taste of a big hero

One

Tian SiSi said, “You knew him?”

Qin Ge said, “Zhang ZiFang was Zhang Liang, one of the three outstanding heroes in the Han dynasty. In the history book, although his appearance was like a maiden, but his heart was like a soaring eagle. Relying on his single hammer in bo-lang-sha (abundant wave of sands), he had stamped his feet forever in famous biographies.”

Tian SiSi widened her eyes in shock as she blurted out, “You really know?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “That’s right.”

Tian SiSi said, “Then why did you say those things last night?”

Qin Ge said, “I did that intentionally.”

Tian SiSi said, “Intentionally? Why did you intentionally play the fool?”

Qin Ge said, “Because I knew that everybody worshipped me, because I am the type of person who did not understand anything but was just supposed to fight all out, to gamble all out, and to drink all out.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why do others want to worship this kind of person?”

Qin Ge, “Because they themselves could not become like this person.”
    He smiled, “Regardless of what we are doing, going all out in anything is not an easy matter.”

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “I understand now because I have seen your uncomfortable aftermath.”

Qin Ge said, “That is right, going all out requires also that you might have to endure hardship afterwards.”

Tian SiSi said, “But instead of going all out on many things why don’t you become an intelligent hero? Wouldn’t others admire such an appearance as well?”

Qin Ge said, “Others won’t admire such person.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because there are many people who are like that, not just myself.”

Tian SiSi said, “If you were also such a person, others would not think that is strange, right?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “That is right, because they find me strange, only then can I be so famous today, only then can I become the idols in the minds of young fellows.”
    He thought carefully and sighed, “If I turned into another person, others certainly will be disappointed in me.”

Tian SiSi said, “Therefore, after you were drunk you could acknowledge that being a hero did not taste all that good.”

Qin Ge said, “Right.”

Tian SiSi said, “But there are many different kinds of heroes, why did you choose this kind?”

Qin Ge said, “Because others already regarded me as this kind of hero, then it was no longer possible to change it.”

Tian SiSi said, “You do want to change now?”

Qin Ge said, “Not really.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because I have gradually become accustomed to it, sometimes even I felt that this type of hero was really me.”

Tian SiSi said, “Really?”

Qin Ge sighed, “Whether it is the truth or not, no one could distinguish it clearly, not even myself.”

Tian SiSi was silent for a very long time, she suddenly gave a long sigh, “I do not understand.”

Qin Ge said, “You do not need to understand, because this is life.”

Tian SiSi pondered this matter for a very long time before she slowly nodded and sighed, “If I had not met you, I would never have thought that you could be such a person.”

Qin Ge said, “What did you think I was?”

Tian SiSi rotated her eyes and said, “What do you think?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “I think you considered me a great idol, therefore I would ask you to drink with me.”

Two

Perhaps Qin Ge was not a genuinely great person, nor was he a god, but in the minds of people in jiang-hu, he was indeed a hero who received open-armed welcome everywhere.

So then Tian SiSi also drank.

Now they were walking on a very lonesome and quiet alley, both sides of the walls were very high, the branches of the trees extended from beyond the wall and blocked the extremely scorching heat of the high noon sun.

Tian SiSi suddenly said with a smile, “I did not expect that there were really so many people who offered you to drink with them.”

Qin Ge’s eyed had become very bright, because he was half tipsy although he was not fully drunk. He looked at the branches above the wall and said slowly, “Do you know why they welcomed me like that?”

Tian SiSi said, “Because you were a hero?”

Qin Ge smiled and said, “That was certainly one of the reasons, but not the most important one.”

Tian SiSi said, “What was the most important then?”

Qin Ge said, “The most important was because they knew that I would not be a threat to them, now or ever. Because I am a rough, impulsive, senseless fellow, who will not implicate them in a complex relationship.” He smiled a little miserably and then said, “They like me, welcome me, sometimes like theater fans idolizing the famous actors, but they cannot have any conflict between me and their interests.”

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “You seem to look down on yourself.”

Qin Ge said, “I do not despise myself, I know that I have my success, as far as I know, throughout the ages among the famous heroes in jiang-hu, I might be the one who gets the best reception.”

Tian SiSi asked, “Don’t you think there are some sincere worshippers among them?”

Qin Ge said with a forced smile, “Certainly there are, but maybe a youth who are not yet an adult, for example…”

Tian SiSi said, “For example myself?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “Maybe before you know me, at present you are already different.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because you have seen matters which many others will never see.”

Tian SiSi pondered that point and said slowly, “Right, indeed I saw some shortcomings which others will not see about you. But I have also seen some of your merits, which others will also never see.”

Qin Ge said, “Oh?”

Tian SiSi said, “You undoubtedly have a lot of weaknesses, but you also have a lot of attractive qualities. Really, you even have much more attractive qualities than the majority of people.” She smiled, also said, “But a man like you can only be a good friend, not a good husband.”

Qin Ge said, “Before you wanted to marry me?”

Tian SiSi dangled her head, blushed and said with a smile, “Indeed I meant to.”

Qin Ge said, “Now? You are already very disappointed in me?”

Tian SiSi said, “No, only ......”

Qin Ge said, “Only you are not fully satisfied.”

Tian SiSi said, “No.”

Qin Ge said, “Then what?”

Tian SiSi sighed gently and said, “Perhaps because I considered you too high before, whereas now I can understand you more profoundly.”

Qin Ge said, “Because you have understood me, therefore you are no longer willing to marry me? Why does a girl always like to marry a person who they do not understand?”

Tian SiSi had not replied, she did not know how she should reply.
    She had not been disappointed in Qin Ge, because Qin Ge was indeed a big hero.
    The kind of hero that she could not really understood.
    But regardless of which kind of heroes a person was, he was not a god, even a god may have his own shortcomings, moreover a mere human?

Now she felt she could not marry Qin Ge, because the Qin Ge that she saw was not the same Qin Ge that she fantasized.
    She was not disappointed, she only felt a little disconsolate.
    The disconsolate feeling of an adult.
    She detected suddenly that she seemed to have grown up a lot.

Qin Ge was staring at her.

She had pulled up Qin Ge’s hand gently, with a reluctant smile she smiled, “Although I cannot marry you, but we may forever be very good friends.”

Qin Ge had not spoken — — he seemed to want to say something, but he had not said anything.

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips and said gently, “You ......Are you very disappointed?”

Qin Ge stared at her and suddenly laughed, “How can I be disappointed when many women in the world can be my wife, but where else can I find several women who can understand me and be a friend of mine?”

Tian SiSi glanced over and sighed suddenly, “But why did you have to let me understand you so well? “

Qin Ge’s eyes flashed and he said softly with a smile, “Perhaps because my luck is not very good.”

Tian SiSi blinked and sweetly said, “Perhaps because your luck is actually good.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “In the future, the man that can marry you, he is the lucky one.”

Tian SiSi lowered her head and suddenly did not speak.
    Without any particular reason she unexpectedly had remembered that big-headed person.
    Where was he?
    Was he with Tian Xin?

After a very long time, she looked up and said, “I seem to recognize this road.”

Qin Ge nodded.

Tian SiSi said, “After a while, we will get to the golden beard’s gambling establishment.”

Qin Ge again nodded.

Tian SiSi frowned, “Why do you want to go there?”

Qin Ge had smiled and said, “I want to see that monk again, don't you think he is very strange?”

Tian SiSi said, “He is indeed a little strange, but maybe you are not really that eager to see him.”

Qin Ge said, “Oh?”

Tian SiSi pursed her lips and said with a smile, “Perhaps it is your hands that itch.”

Qin Ge blinked and said, “Even if I want to bet, what do I bet with? With my fingers?”

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “If you don’t have any money to bet, you still can watch others play.”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “You are mistaken.”

Tian SiSi said, “Then why do you want to go there? Do you really want to meet that monk?”

Qin Ge smiled very mysteriously as he slowly said, “Right, because I find that this monk is a lot more interesting than other monks. “

A monk should not be interesting. When a monk became interesting, others were probably losing their senses.

END OF CHAPTER 18

Thanks for another exciting update fastclock!

Chapter 19 – A Gambling Establishment or a Temple

The monk would chant the scripture in the temple. The compulsive gambler would gamble in the gambling establishment. That would be the normal case.

But when a monk chanted the scripture in a gambling establishment, or when a compulsive gambler gambled in a temple, that was not only abnormal, moreover it would be very absurd, very strange.

Strange matters were always caused by strange reasons.
    Strange matters would also caused other strange matters.

One

“Why do you always say that the gambling establishment is not that far from hell?”

“Because a person who frequently goes to the gambling establishment, very often ends up perishing in hell.”

“The gambling establishment is really that fearful?”

“Indeed, if there is someone in your family who is a compulsive gamblers, you should be fearful.”

“Oh?”

“If the head of the family is a compulsive gambler, this family can be in hell already.”

“I heard that when a person has lost everything, he could resort easily to selling his own wife and children.”

“Sometimes he would bet on his own life.”

“Oh, that is indeed fearful.”

“If the closest place to hell is the gambling establishment, then what is the closest place to heaven?”

“A temple?”

“Good, but have you ever thought the similarity between gambling establishments and temples?”

“No, these two kind of places are simply not related at all.”

“Do you notice that gambling establishments and temples are usually located in a quite desolate place?”

“I just realize that now, but then I don’t understand.”

“What don’t you understand?”

“I know why a gambling establishment would be located in a quite desolate place, but why would a temple be similar? A person who burns incense at the temple will not lose his face nor violate the law.”

“Because when the temple is located afar, the more desolate it is, the more mysterious it feels.”

“Mysterious?”

“Mysterious feel causes people to feel curious and therefore worship.”

“Right, sometimes when people do not understand about things, then they start to fear.”

“Because when they are afraid then they need to worship.”

“Moreover when the people need to travel so far to burn the incense, they can appear to be honest.”

“What you said were almost right, only almost.”

“Almost?”

“After someone goes so far away to burn the incense, then he will certainly feel very hungry, and when he eats while very hungry, then he will always feel that the taste of the food is special.”

“Therefore people always feel that the food in the temple is specially delicious.”

“You have finally understood, the element room is very often the biggest attraction for people to go to the temple.”

“I know that when a lot of people burn the incense, they also go for a walk around the countryside at Qingming festival.”

“Therefore the smart monks will certainly locate the temple in a very far away, very remote place.”

“I also think that what you have just said are very sensible, but if a monk hears what you said he might feel irritated.”

“A monk cannot feel irritated.”

“Why?”

“The addictions to wine, beauty, wealth, and anger , the four elements are mere illusions, you have forgotten this too?”

“Right, since anger is also empty, a monk certainly cannot get irritated.”

“The one who gets irritated is not a real monk.”

“Therefore being irritated is not a problem.”

“No problem at all.”

Two

A remote lane.
    The end of the lane was the golden beard’s gambling establishment.

Qin Ge and Tian SiSi entered this lane.

By now the dark cloud had suddenly covered up the moonlight and a faint thunderclap like a rolling drum could be heard from that dark cloud.
    The strong wind rolled up and pushed along, the weather was gloomy.

Tian SiSi watched the weather and said, “It looks like a rainstorm will come soon.”

Qin Ge said, “Rainy weather is the perfect weather to gamble.”

Tian SiSi said, “Since you already know that gambling is very fearful, why do you still bet?”

Qin Ge smiled and said, “Because I am not a good person and also not intelligent.”

Tian SiSi’s sweet voice, “You are only a hero.”

Qin Ge said, “A good smart person usually cannot be a good hero.”

He suddenly shut his mouth, because he suddenly discovered that the courtyard of that gambling establishment seemed to be filled with swirls of black little pieces creating a trace of black fog whipped around by the strong winds, everything danced in the air.

This fog which did not look like the fog brought a sense of surreptitious terror in this kind of cloudy weather.

Tian SiSi changed countenance said, “What is that?”

Qin Ge shook his head, and sped up his walk.

The gambling establishment’s worn-out front door continuously swayed in the wind, continuously making rattling noise.

The door unexpectedly was wide open without anyone guarding the door. Did this heavily guarded entrance to the gambling establishment change suddenly into an open door policy?

The black fog became thicker in the courtyard.
    Qin Ge stepped forward and fished one piece.
    Tian SiSi who followed, asked immediately, “Actually what is that?”

Qin Ge had not replied, but instead had given the thing in his hand to Tian SiSi.
    This thing was soft, gentle, supple like silk.

Tian SiSi blurted out, “It is hair.”

Qin Ge calmly said, “It is hair.”

Tian SiSi said, “Where do these many hairs come from?”

The abundant hairs in that courtyard danced in the air in the strong winds, bringing an unspeakable surreptitious terror.

Qin Ge hesitatingly said, “I wonder whether that monk is also inside?”

Tian SiSi said, “Why are you looking for that monk?”

Qin Ge said, “Perhaps because your question can only be answered by him.”
    He opened the door and walked in.
    He was stunned.

Tian SiSi was walking with him.
    Tian SiSi was also stunned.
    Everyone who walked in would all be stunned.

The monk was in this house.
    Not just a monk, but a houseful of monk!

If you were in a temple, no matter how many monks you saw, you would not feel strange, you would not be stunned.
    But this place was a gambling establishment.
    There was no gambling tables, gambling paraphernalia, nor gamblers.
    Now in this gambling establishment there were only monks.

Several dozens big and small, old and young monks, with downcast eyes, the nose pointed downward, the palms gathered together, sitting cross-legged. Every single one of them was bald. So bald, that the light was perfectly reflected off it.

Tian SiSi now suddenly understood where those hairs in the courtyard had come from.
    But she had not understood actually why these people had suddenly shaved their head clean to become monks.

It was very quiet in the house.
    There was no sound of dice, of card, of eating and drinking, and of chanting.
    Although there were monks, they actually did not chant the scripture.
    Maybe because they have not learned how to chant?

Qin Ge was looking for the monk who yesterday could chant the scripture.
    He walked slowly, looking at each one before he stopped suddenly in front of a monk.
    Tian SiSi saw surprise on his face, and immediately saw past him at this monk and felt like seeing a ghost.

This monk cast down his eyes, the nose pointed downward, sitting cross-legged, not only clean-shaven, but also totally bald. This monk's face was very familiar.

Tian SiSi looked for a while before she suddenly shouted, “The golden beard!”
    This monk was unexpectedly the golden beard.

Nearby him was another monk, a face that seemed to have been hit by the raindrop of sand beach. “Zhao Gang with a pockmarked face!”
    This bloodsucker could really turn into a monk?

Qin Ge stared at the golden beard, after a very long time, then he patted his shoulder and said, “Are you sick?”

The golden beard at last looked up and put his palms together, “Who is the benefactor speaking to?”

Qin Ge said, “With you, the golden beard.”

The golden beard said, “Amida Buddha, the golden beard has died, how can the benefactor speak to him?”

Qin Ge said, “You are not the golden beard?”

The golden beard said, “The monk’s name is Ming Gang.” (bright light)

Qin Ge stared at him for a while and said, “How could the golden beard die suddenly?”

The golden beard said, “When a person should die he would die.”

Qin Ge said, “But when he should not have died?”

The golden beard said, “When he should not have died sooner or later he also must die.”
    He sat cross-legged continuously without any expression. If anyone saw him now, he would not believe that yesterday he was the boss of a gambling establishment.
    Right now he just looked like a rigorous eminent monk.

Tian SiSi’s eyeball rotated and said suddenly, “The golden beard has already died, how about his newly married wife?”
    A newly married person who is afraid of his wife, so afraid that he would shave all his beard, could only have one reason. Because he really, really loved his wife. Because when he really loved her that was when he became really afraid of her. Although the golden beard was trying hard to control himself, but some perspiration had dropped from his head.

Tian SiSi secretly took a meaningful glance at Qin Ge and said, “What do you think will happen to a newly married wife whose husband has died?”

Qin Ge smiled and said easily, “Naturally his wife will remarry!”

Tian SiSi said, “Remarry? So quick?”

Qin Ge said, “She would remarry, sooner or later.”

Tian SiSi said, “Marry whom?”

Qin Ge said, “Perhaps a taoist priest, perhaps a scholar, the red flowers, green leaves and blue lotus root are just parts of a big family. “

He had not finished his sentence, the golden beard had roared suddenly and threw himself at him. A person who could become a gambling establishment’s boss would certainly have some real skills. His fingers spread out like an eagle’s claw, seemingly wishing to cut off Qin Ge’s neck.

Immediately Qin Ge’s neck shrank backward, but a wooden drumbeater also flew in the midair and “whack” had knocked on the bald head of the golden beard.
    This knock was really heavy.

Although the golden beard’s head had not been broken, but he had been knocked dizzy. He stepped back and with a “thud” had sat back on the cushion.

“Amida Buddha, virtuous, virtuous.”

A monk’s mouth proclaimed the blessing and walked slowly forward, his hand was holding the drum without the wooden beater.
    The monk who could chant the scripture had finally appeared.

He arrived slowly in front of the golden beard and sighed, “All things of visible form and substance are empty, beauty is also empty, if you cannot control this thought, how can you become a monk?”

The golden beard shook violently and with a hissing voice he gritted, “I never really want to be a monk, it is you who force me ......”
    He had not finished his sentence when ‘whack”, the hand had knocked again on his head.
    This monk's hand seemed to be harder than the wooden beater.

The golden beard was unexpectedly knocked back hard, the bald head immediately produced a big bump.

This monk said, “Who compels you to be a monk?”

The golden beard said, “No one… nobody.”

The monk said, “Do you want to be a monk?”

The golden beard said, “Yes ......yes ......”

The monk put his palms together and said, “Amida Buddha, the sea of bitterness knows no bounds, repent and be saved, lay down the butcher knife, stand up for Buddha...... virtuous, virtuous, salute Amida Buddha, there is no other Amida Buddha ......”
    He unexpectedly started to chant scripture.

The golden beard crawled and sobbed loudly.

Tian SiSi looked stunned, before finally turning her head to Qin Ge and gave a forced smile, “This monk really can chant the scripture. “

Qin Ge said, “Not only he can chant the scripture, but he can also knock the person’s head.”

Tian SiSi said, “Knocks even better than chanting the scripture.”

Qin Ge said, “Although he is not chanting the scripture in the wrong place, but he had actually knocked the wrong head.”

Tian SiSi said, “Whose head should he knock then?”

Qin Ge said, “His own.”

The monk suddenly stopped his chanting and turned to look at him before sighing, “It is you.”

Qin Ge said, “Right.”

The monk said, “How did you get here?”

Qin Ge said, “Since I can leave, why can’t I come?”

The monk said, “You have already left, you should not have come.”

Qin Ge said, “Who says so?”

The monk said, “The monk.”

Qin Ge said, “Why does the monk say so?”

The monk said, “The monk can brush off someone, can knock the person’s head. “

Qin Ge sighed and said, “It seems that this monk wants me to leave.”

The monk said, “Yesterday you forced me to leave, today I am forcing you to leave, that is justice.”

Qin Ge said, “If I leave, will there be someone who will give the monk 50,000 taels?”

The monk said, “No.”

Qin Ge said, “Then I will not leave.”

The monk lowered his face and said, “You know what place is this?”

Qin Ge said, “This seems like a gambling establishment, but also like a temple.”

The monk said, “Yesterday it was a gambling establishment, today it is a temple.”

Qin Ge smiled and said, “All people may come to the temple to burn incense including the prostitutes, why can’t I come?”

END OF CHAPTER 19
    Last edited by fastclock; 10-20-10 at 08:51 AM.

oh my god.. fast clock.. you have translated already upto chapter 19.. it will take a while for me to catch up.. Thanks very much for the translation..

I really like Qin Ge and I also like the interaction and relationship between him and TSS.

Chapter 20 - Haunted House

The monk said, “What will you do?”

Qin Ge said, “Certainly gamble, a compulsive gambler if he does not gamble for one day, the whole body will all itch.”

The monk said, “The temple is not a place to gamble.”

Qin Ge said, “Since a monk can come to the gambling establishment to chant, why can’t a compulsive gambler come to the temple to gamble?”

The monk continued to stare at him before smiling and said, “There are only monks here, who will bet with you?”

Qin Ge said, “The monk.”

The monk said, “The monk does not bet.”

Qin Ge said, “Buddha Tathagata also bet, why doesn't the monk bet?”

The monk knitted his brows, “Buddha Tathagata also bet? Bet with who?”

Qin Ge said, “The heavenly great sage Sun Wukong.”

The monk said, “What did he bet on?”

Qin Ge said, “He bet that Sun Wukong would not be able to come out of his palms.”

The monk also said with a smile, “Even if what you say is true, the monk also does not have the money to gamble.”

Qin Ge said, “The monk can solicit money, how can he not have the money?”

The monk said, “Solicits money from where?”

Qin Ge said, “As far as I know these monks yesterday were all benefactors.”

The monk said, “Oh?”

Qin Ge said, “The golden beard already has become a monk, the wealth is empty, therefore his mountain of money naturally has been all granted to the monk.”
    He smiled and said, “I heard that when the monk solicits money sometimes he can be much more menacing than a robber amassing money.”

The monk was staring at him, the round face suddenly became very cloudy as he coldly said, “You can amass money?”

Qin Ge said, “Cannot.”

The monk said, “You can solicit money?”

Qin Ge said, “Cannot.”

The monk said, “What do you use to bet?”

Qin Ge said, “Myself.”

The monk said, “How can a person bet with himself?”

Qin Ge said, “If I lose, I will become a monk with you. If you lose, you turn over this eon to me, also all the monks here.”

The monk said, “How do you want to bet?”

Qin Ge said, “Since you can knock heads, let us gamble on knocking heads.”

The monk said, “Knock whose heads?”

Qin Ge said, “You knock me, I knock you, who can knock the first is the winner.. “

The monk coldly said, “The head is not a drum, it can be knocked open.”

Qin Ge said, “Do you know which kind of head is the easiest to knock open?”

The monk laughed.

In his laughter, he suddenly disappeared.

The floor was made of blocks of stone. The block stone underneath the monk suddenly split open, and the monk had fallen down. Then the stone immediately closed again.

This place was originally a secret gambling establishment, that underneath the gambling establishment was a secret tunnel, that was not really a strange matter.

Only Tian SiSi was stunned and after a long time, she said, “It seems like he does not want to bet with you.”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “He also knows that it is easiest to knock open one kind of a head, the bald one.”

Tian SiSi said, “You really want to knock open his head?”

Qin Ge said, “Only knock it open a little.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why? He does not look like a bad person.”

Qin Ge said, “But he should not compel others to be monks.”

Tian SiSi said, “If all the people who opened gambling establishments in the world could become monks, wouldn’t the world be a lot more peaceful?”

Qin Ge said, “All these monks, did they all open gambling establishments?”

Tian SiSi said, “Perhaps they themselves want to ......”

She had not finished her sentence when all the monks in there had called out suddenly, “We do not want to be monks!”

“A fine and healthy person, who wants to be a monk?”

“I have my family, a wife and children, we enjoy life from day to day, why do we have to be monks?”

The golden beard called out the loudest, he had knelt down unexpectedly and said, “We are all compelled, so we can only asked Hero Qin to uphold justice for us.”

Qin Ge sighed and said, “I thought you were a real man, how come you can be compelled by this person to be monks? “

The golden beard said, “Because if we did not become monks, he wanted our lives!”

Qin Ge said, “You are 20-30 people, why do you still fear the monk?”

The golden beard said aggrieved, “Because that monk was really too ominous, too formidable, moreover he also had the scholar and the taoist priest to help him!”

Qin Ge said, “All of you were not their match?”

The golden beard sighed, “If not so, how could we all be monks?”

Tian SiSi could not bear asking, “If you all become monks, what is the advantage to him?”

The golden beard said, “Certainly he benefits.”

Tian SiSi said, “What advantage?”

The golden beard said painstakingly, “He said to become monks, the four elements were merely illusions, therefore when we became monks, all the family property should also be turned over to him.”

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “If that is so, everyone including myself would want to knock open his head.”

Qin Ge said, “Not just to knock it open a little, but rather knock a big hole on it.”

The golden beard rub his own head and said, “But these three people’s wugong are not weak at all, that monk, he is really too formidable.”

Qin Ge sneered, “I have seen a lot more formidable opponents.”

The golden beard’s face become clear and he said, “Certainly, as long as Hero Qin is willing to take responsibility for us, we will have the way out.”

Qin Ge stepped on the stone that split open with his foot and said, “What place is under this?”

The golden beard said, “I am not too clear.”

Qin Ge said, “You are this gambling establishment’s boss, how can you not be clear about it?”

The golden beard gave a forced smile and said, “This house was not originally mine.”

Qin Ge said, “Whose then?”

The golden beard said, “I do not know.”

Qin Ge frowned, “What do you know?”

The golden beard said, “I only know that the master of this house had died many years ago, the whole family had died with him.”

Qin Ge said, “Afterwards nobody moved in?”

The golden beard said, “Oh yes, but whoever moved in, moved out again in three days.”

Qin Ge said, “Why?”

The golden beard said, “Because this house is haunted.”

Tian SiSi blurted out, “Haunted?”

The golden beard said, “This house was originally famous for its ominous nature, so nobody dared to ask about it, therefore we had bought this place really cheaply.”

Tian SiSi said, “Did something smell really fishy here?”

The golden beard said, “Sometimes we indeed thought something is wrong with this place, but we are brave people, so we just ignore them.”

Tian SiSi said, “Something is wrong?”

The golden beard hesitatingly said, “Sometimes there were sudden strange noises heard underground, sometimes things that were obviously on the table could disappear suddenly.”

Tian SiSi looked at Qin Ge.

Qin Ge said, “Now how do you plan to manage this?”

The golden beard said, “As long as we don’t have to be monks, you can ask anything from us.”

Qin Ge thought for some time and then said, “Good, you leave first, I will clarify the matters here.”

The golden beard’s face revealed an awkward fear and said, “That monk will not let us leave.”

Qin Ge sneered, “You have no need to be afraid, I will take care of it.”

The golden beard smiled, “Then we are very relieved that Hero Qin can act on our behalf.”

He had not completed his sentence, when all the monks in this house have clambered one after another to escape from the place. Some went through the door, some jumped through the windows. In the blink of an eye, everyone had left, none had remained.

Nobody came out to pursue.
    That monk, the taoist priest and scholar had not appearead at all.

Tian SiSi said with a smile, “It looks like your power and prestige was not really small, they did not dare to cross you.”

Qin Ge had not smiled.

Tian SiSi also said, “Where do you think that monk has gone to?”

Qin Ge said, “I hope he did not really get seized by the ghosts.”

He lowered his voice, “I think this is the time for you to leave quickly.”

Tian SiSi stared at him with big eyes and said, “Why do you want me to leave?”

Qin Ge smiled reluctantly, “Perhaps this place is really fishy.”

Although Tian SiSi’s complexion had somewhat changed, she shook her head and said, “I will not leave.”

Qin Ge said, “Why?”

Tian SiSi said, “Don’t forget that I am your friend.”

Qin Ge said, “But ......”

Tian SiSi did not let him speak, but continued, “Since I am your friend, I cannot abandon you to cope with the three of them here, even if you really have to go to hell, I am also with you.”

She had not finished her sentence when Qin Ge himself had really fallen down.
    “Thud”, the opened stone had shut again.

Tian SiSi was really startled as she tried to kick open the stone.
    No matter how hard she kick, nothing seemed to move.
    The stone was very thick, the blocks fit each other perfectly without any seams, no one could see where the secret mechanisms.

The rainstorm had not come, the strong winds were blowing through the window.
    There were noises from the windows, and from the door.

Tian SiSi could not bear calling out in alarm and said, “Qin Ge, where are you? Do you hear me?” No response.
    Tian SiSi was nipping her lips, suddenly she turned around to run outside.

Outside a very big wind blew in.

Tian SiSi just ran out the door when a strong wind crashed in, bringing the silky little things everywhere. Suddenly a great amount of hairs curled around her, in her face, surrounding her neck. Gently, softly, coldly, like a clammy ghost that touched around her face and blocked her throat.

She nearly stopped breathing, immediately she jumped backward through the door. “Bang” she closed the door and held it close with her body. Only after a very long time, she could breath a sigh of relief.

The wind blew hard outside.
    She was the only person in the empty house.
    She discovered suddenly that this house was very big.
    The house was so big that she felt very tiny and lonely.

Her palms were already clammy with cold sweat as she made an effort to tear off the hairs from her body, her face and her neck.
    The hairs actually stuck in her hands, covering her hands with gentleness, softness, calmness.
    She wanted to get rid of them but she could not.

“Crack”, the window pane was struck by the wind, the sound of a thunderclap, and continuous clatters of raindrops hitting on every part of the house.

She could not help but shiver as she put up her courage and said loudly, “Anybody in this house? Are all the people here dead already?”

Nobody responded.
    She shuddered again.
    “Is everyone in this house dead, have they all changed into ghosts?”
    But how about that taoist priest and the scholar?

The opposite site of the room also featured a big leafed door, the door was closed. Could they hid inside there?

Tian SiSi clenched her teeth and ran over there as quickly as possible, as if there was something fishy pursuing her from behind.
    Luckily, that leafed door was not barred from inside.
    Tian SiSi had rushed in.

Inside was a very elegant small living room which would make one feel warm and comfortable.
    Tian SiSi just relaxed, when suddenly “crack”, the door had closed behind her.
    She was startled and turned around to push the door open, but she could not push it open.
    This leafed door had been barred from outside!
    Who barred the door?
    There was obviously no one outside a moment ago.

Tian SiSi only sensed crawling goosebumps as the cold sweat had soaked her clothes.
    She stepped backward one by one, retreated to a table, only then she discovered that the table held three cups of tea, a book, a string of buddha beads, and a whisk.
    The book was the one that the scholar read.
    The tea was warm.
    Before Tian SiSi came with Qin Ge, that monk, the taoist priest, and the scholar were obviously drinking tea here.
    Where were they now?

Tian SiSi sneered and said, “I know where you are, you should just give up any idea of frightening me!”
    Actually she did not know anything, she just wanted to raise her own courage.
    When she said that, she had been frightened.

The sky was filled with dark cloud, and it was even darker inside the room. In the room nothing looked very clear.

Tian SiSi stood there looking at all direction while seizing up the room. This room was actually arranged very elegantly, moreover there was another leafed door which was covered by a mottled bamboo curtain. The bamboo curtain was let down.

At the opposite wall of this leafed door, a very big landscape painting hung on it depicting a very hazy misty rain scenery, the quality was very excellent, obviously made by a famous painter. At both sides of this picture, there were two lines of couplets.

Tian SiSi had not read clearly what these couplets were saying when she suddenly heard a very strange sound behind, as if the bamboo curtain was rolled up and pushed aside. She turned around in surprise as she could not help letting out a small scream.

The bamboo curtain which was let down, now had suddenly curled up, and the door behind it was now ajar. Nobody could be seen by the door, as if an invisible ghost had slowly curled up the bamboo curtain.

Tian SiSi gathered her courage again and said in a terrified voice, “Who is it? Come out quickly!”

Nobody came out. Not even a shadow.

Tian SiSi clenched her fists, clenched her teeth and walked forward step by step.
    At the same time, she could feel cold sweat continuously flowing down.
    She walked very slowly because her legs seemed to give way under her, but she had finally reached and entered this leafed door.

Behind the door was a secret room which did not have any window so it was darker.
    In the pitch black room, there was nothing but a person sitting cross-legged at the place.

A monk.

This monk had a round face with hanging eyebrows, and a drum suspended in front of him. He was unexpectedly the same chanting monk that fell downward a moment ago.

Tian SiSi gave a long sigh, in any event, she felt some relief at the sight.
    But since the monk was here, how about Qin Ge?

Tian SiSi could not bear saying, “Hey, how did you get here? How about Qin Ge?”

The monk did not say anything and did not move.

Tian SiSi said loudly, “Hey, why don't you speak?”

The monk kept silent, not even opening his eyes, as if he suddenly turned deaf.

Tian SiSi sneeringly said, “You do not need to feign ignorance, if you still do not open your mouth, I will knock open your head.”

The monk still feigned ignorance.

Tian SiSi angrily said, “You think I do not dare?”

As soon as Lady Tian's temperament flared up, there was nothing in the world that she would not dare to do. She rushed forward and knocked on this monk’s bald head.

The monk body swayed slowly.

Tian SiSi could not help but put out a hand to hold up his clothes and said loudly, “What are you doing, do you want to pretend to be dead?”

The monk could not pretend that he was dead.
    The monk had really died!

The monk's face that was originally shiny red had already turned into dead gray•
    On the dead gray face, a wisp of blood flowed slowly down. It flowed down from his broad forehead, along the face and the nose, down to the corner of his mouth.

Immediately Tian SiSi’s body seemed to shiver continuously, her hands and feet became ice-cold, as she could not help stepping back slowly.

When she drew back, the monk’s body slumped forward and his face fell to the floor.
    Tian SiSi discovered that the top of his head had a small hole, the blood was flowing from this hole.

“Is this hole caused by my knock?”
    No.

She did not knock that heavily, moreover this monk’s whole body was stiff as the wood, he must have died for a while.

Who had killed this monk?
    Was it Qin Ge? But where was he?

Tian SiSi stood there motionless.
    It was as if since the moment she entered this gambling establishment, she had fallen into a sequence of nightmare. From the start it had become more and more mysterious. Where else could you find so many strange things, except in nightmares?

Could she wake up from this nightmare?
    Tian SiSi clenched her teeth and resolved to abandon everything and left this haunted house. Maybe she could determine better then what to do.

She could not leave.
    There was only the leafed door in this room, but it had been locked from outside.
    No matter how hard she had tried to push it open or kick it open.

This leafed door was not an iron door, but this preposterous wood was actually harder than the iron, she held a knife in her hand, but with her family’s chopping moves, she could not even make a crack on it.
    The wall surrounding her was even thicker.

She felt like a wild animal who got trapped by a hunter, not only was she angry and afraid, but she also felt indescribably sorrowful. The biggest sorrow was that nobody had seen the hunter who had set this trap. Like this nightmare would never ever ended. Tian SiSi wished she could cry and wail loudly, but bitterly she could not.

The blood had gradually congealed on the shaved head.
    Perhaps only he knew all these secrets, or perhaps he did not.
    Who knew?

Tian SiSi gritted her teeth, as long as she had not known how the matter stood, she was not willing to die!

This place was almost like a grave, a grave that would bury her.
    So it would bury that monk too?
    In any event, she was now in this grave with the monk.
    She could have never expected to share this same big grave with a monk.

Now she felt she would not be afraid of any ghosts, she would even welcome them. Thinking of ghosts, she was reminded of that big-headed ghost.

“Where is he? Is he secretly observing me?”
    “Did he cover me with that blanket?”
    “Does he know now that he will not be able to see me ever again?”
    “Would he be sad if he knew?”

END OF CHAPTER 20

Thanks for the speedy update fastclock!

You are welcome.

Actually the book title I prefer is "Great Personage", as the book discusses many different kinds of great persons, including Zhang HaoEr and the golden beard. Qin Ge is of course one of them.

But great persons are all flawed. You just have to observe and admire accordingly.

Chapter 21 – Heart of a Young Girl

Thinking up to this point, she suddenly felt that she must have become very bored.
    There were many thousands, ten thousands of other people to think of, why did she have to think of him!

“I am thinking of him here, but who knows who he is thinking of!”

Thereupon she started to think of her father, of Tian Xin, these were originally the people whom she was the most intimate with, but for some reason, whenever she thought of these people, they seemed to always be inferior to when she thought of “him”.

“This is perhaps because we have always been together recently.”

She also had no alternative but to acknowledge that he was indeed a very difficult person to forget. Perhaps all the monsters in the world were also like that.

Tian SiSi sighed, she felt like she was extremely mentally confused within.
    During this moment, indeed she had remembered a lot of matters, had been reminded of a lot of strange questions.

She thought of things east and west, of everything, but she had not thought about one thing- how to leave this room?

A young girl's heart was really very wonderful.
    Sometimes she felt sorrowful, sometimes she liked something, sometimes she endured pain, sometimes she became angry, but she seldom felt really afraid.
    Being afraid was originally the most primitive, the sincerest sentiment of someone.
    But in a young girl’s mind, it seemed that not being afraid was also a kind of emotion.
    Because they seldom had to think earnestly about it.

Why did you bother to ask a young girl what was she thinking of in front of her enemy? Her reply might surprise you beyond your imagination.

A very intelligent person could asked a a lot of young girls a not very intelligent question:
    “What do you think is the most frightful matter in the world?”

He would obtain a lot of different replies.
    “Afraid of being rejected by the person whom I loved.”
    “Afraid of being peeped upon by someone when taking a bath.”
    “Afraid of the mice — especially when the mice sneak in inside the bedding.”
    “Afraid of eating meal surrounded by bugs.”
    “Afraid of someone appearing when walking in a dark road.”
    “Afraid of being fat.”

Some of these replies, not even a smart person could imagine it, making people wince, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

But a girl would never reply like this:
    “Afraid to die.”

The room became hotter and hotter, more and more stuffy.
    Tian SiSi suddenly had the urge to have a bowl of husked lotus iced drink.
    As soon as she felt the urge, she could no longer feel comfortable. As if she would go crazy at any moment.

Luckily, at this moment she suddenly heard a very strange sound.
    The sound was coming from underneath.
    She had not guessed what that sound was when she suddenly saw a block of stone being lifted up.
    She immediately jumped back into the corner.
    From that big hole, a person extended slowly his head.

Qin Ge!

Tian SiSi was so pleasantly surprised, she immediately called his name.

Qin Ge saw her with surprise and then bended down to examine that monk, as he also blurted out, “Did you really knock open his head?”

Tian SiSi also called out, “I want to ask you, even if you knock open his head, there is no need to take his life as well.”

Qin Ge said, “Why should you think I am the one who broke his head? I don’t know anything about it.”

Tian SiSi said, “If you do not know, who knows then?”

Qin Ge said, “You! Aren’t you in this room with him all the time?”

Tian SiSi retorted back, “Who was with him all the time, didn’t you fall down after him at that same place?”

Qin Ge said, “But after I fell down, I did not even see a shadow.”

Tian SiSi was stunned and said, “What did you see?”

Qin Ge said, “I did not see anything, even if there was something, I still could not see it.”

Tian SiSi said, “Why?”

Qin Ge said, “Because there was no light at all, the place was as dark as the night, even if I were a bat, I probably still could not see a thing.”

Tian SiSi said, “How did you come here?”

Qin Ge said, “Because there were some stone steps under my feet. After trying for half a day, I finally managed to follow the path to this place. When I stepped on the stone stairs, immediately the block of stone opened. I thought it was you who were rescuing me from above.”

Tian SiSi gave a forced smile and said, “I am not that good.”

Qin Ge said, “Then how did you get here? This monk ......”

Tian SiSi had interrupted him, “Do not make a blind judgement, when I came here, he was already like this.”

Qin Ge frowned, “Who had killed him?”

Tian SiSi said, “Only the ghost knows.”

Hearing about “the ghost”, Qin Ge’s face also changed color, “It looks like this place is really fishy, I am wondering why do you continue to stay here?”

Tian SiSi said, “You think I did not want to leave?”

Qin Ge said, “I thought you were waiting for me.”

Tian SiSi’s face blushed a little and said, “How would I know that you would spring up here.”

Qin Ge said, “Since you were not waiting for me, why didn’t you leave?”

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “Because I could not get away.”

Qin Ge said, “Why?”

Tian SiSi said, “Upon entering this room, the door closed from outside.”

Qin Ge lost his temper and said, “Who closed the door?”

Tian SiSi said, “Only the ghost knows.”

When she spoke about “the ghost”, her complextion seemed to change – although she might not be afraid of death, ghosts could be really fearful.

Qin Ge said, “You ......You cannot push open this leafed door?”

Tian SiSi said, “It was locked from outside, how could I push it open?”

Qin Ge said, “Perhaps you did not try hard enough.”

Tian SiSi pouted her mouth and said, “You think I am really that useless? Why don't you try it yourself!”

Qin Ge must certainly try it himself!
    As soon as he just pushed gently, the door opened.

Tian SiSi nearly could not believe her own eyes. After standing stunned for half a day, she could not bear screaming, “This leafed door was obviously locked from outside a moment ago, I am sure.”

The door was already opened, she could now get out, so she should be very happy. Instead she felt so angry. Like she was being treated unjustly. Lady Tian would rather die than being treated unjustly.

Qin Ge sighed and said, “This leafed door was locked from outside a moment ago, but now we can go!”

Lady Tian said, “I will not leave.”

Qin Ge was stunned and said, “Why won’t you leave?”

Tian SiSi said bitterly, “You treated me unjustly, you thought I had deceived you.”

Qin Ge blinked and said, “Who said you had deceived me? Why did you want to deceive me?”

Tian SiSi said, “Although you said so, but in your heart you are thinking that I have deceived you.”

Qin Ge smiled, “I had not thought that you had deceived me, never cross my mind.“

Tian SiSi said, “But this leafed door ......”

Qin Ge said, “This leafed door was certainly locked from outside a moment ago, since that suspicious party could lock it, of course he could unlock it too.”

Finally, Tian SiSi had revealed a smile, but she frowned again, “But who is that person? Why did he do this stealthy matters?”

Qin Ge said, “When we find him, we can certainly ask him that.”

Tian SiSi said, “Right, we must certainly find that person, we certainly must find him to clarify this.”

This time, she did not wait for Qin Ge and had rushed outside.

The room outside was much cooler.
    The three cups of tea were still on the table, had not been touched.
    But they had certainly cooled down.

Tian SiSi certainly felt she needed to drink iced cold tea.
    If it had been several days ago, she would have no hesitation to drink this tea, but she finally had become more cautious, and wondered if the tea had been poisoned.
    She could not see whether or not the tea was poisoned, but a world-wise person should always be more cautious.

Qin Ge was precisely a world-wise person.
    She wanted to call Qin Ge to have a look, but then she noticed that Qin Ge were just standing there staring blankly ahead.

Tian SiSi said, “Hey, why are you just standing there, what are you thinking?”

Qin Ge was finally aware of her, looked at her and smiled suddenly, “I was thinking, if this leafed door really could not be opened, that would also be interesting.”

Tian SiSi said, “Interesting, why?”

Qin Ge said with a smile, “If the door really could not be opened, then we should be trapped inside, trapped together for a lifetime.”

Tian SiSi’s face reddened, blushingly she said, “You are not a good thing.”

Qin Ge said, “There are really men who are good things?”

Tian SiSi came up suddenly and said, “You know that I originally wanted to marry you?”

Qin Ge said, “Yes.”

Tian SiSi was nipping her lips and said, “But even if we were trapped together in a house, trapped for a lifetime, I still definitely would not have married you.”

Qin Ge said, “Why?”

Tian SiSi sighed and said, “Because although you are very good, but you are actually not the kind of person whom I want to marry.”

Qin Ge blinked and said, “What kind of person do you want to marry?”

Tian SiSi was stunned for half a day before she said, “Wait until I find him, I will certainly tell you first.”

Qin Ge sighed and said, “You say these things, aren’t you afraid that I would feel bad listening to you?”

Tian SiSi said, “I know that you will not feel uncomfortable, because I am not the kind of woman you want to marry, too.”

Qin Ge laughed and said, “Such being the case, it looks like we can only be good friends.”

Tian SiSi sweetly said, “Good friends forever.”
    She suddenly felt at ease with herself because she had said what she wanted to say.

Qin Ge said with a smile, “Such being the case, I do not want to be trapped inside with you, so please leave first!”

Tian SiSi said, “Right, let us find that person.”
    She suddenly remembered that this door was also locked from outside just a moment ago, she could not open this door. But this time, she did not dare to let Qin Ge try it. This time, she tried it herself.

The door was really unlocked, it opened immediately when she pushed it gently.
    as soon as she put out a hand to push gently opens.

“Since someone could lock this door, someone could also open it.”

But as soon as she opened the door, she felt that this was not the most important thing, because she found out something more surprising.

When the door was opened, there were some strange noises outside.
    What kind of noise?
    The noise that she could not imagine she would hear in this place.

When the door opened a little, there were all kind of noises that were heard, at least 7 or 8 different kinds, the sound of card shoveled, the shouts to get the right number, the winning coins, the laughter, the sound of despair all mingled together.

This place was originally a gambling establishment, so this kind of noises were originally a perfectly justified matter.

But didn’t the gambling establishment get erased a moment ago? Didn’t this place changed into a temple of monks? Moreover, there was no furniture at all in this place just a moment ago, a vacant room, so where could these noises have come from?

Tian SiSi nearly could not stop herself from screaming, instead she pushed the door open wide.
    But when the door was open, she really could not stop herself from screaming.

Who said that this place was a temple? Who said that this place was a vacant room?
    This place was obviously a gambling establishment, brilliantly illuminated, all kinds of person were gambling jubilantly.
    All kinds of people except monks.
    None.

The gambling established miraculously disappeard a moment ago, and now it miraculously reappeared.
    How could it be?
    Who could explain this?

END OF CHAPTER 21

Feel free to give your opinion on what happened...

Thanks fastclock.

Well, since the main monk died, it's only natural that everything reverted back to normal.