Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Arashi
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 484

Thread: Arashi

  1. #1
    Member j-walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    162

    Talking ARASHI (new thread)

    I realized that the Arashi thread is missing, someone also mentioned it. So I opened a new thread. I heard they were doing a concert somewhere, I know very little about this group, but I did watch Hana Yori Dango and thought one of the members acted really good. Any music song titles recommended from this band?
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    I don't know...some of us took the effort to write a whole chuck of stuff into the old thread..I am not sure if I want to repeat all those I wrote if its going to be removed soon...I listed at least 15 songs over there...

  3. #3
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    I was wondering why the old thread was deleted as well, it had so many posts and some folks really put in the effort to dig up information and posted pictures.

    Anyway, quick information -

    - Arashi is doing their concert tour currently in Japan, I think they just went to Hiroshima last week.

    - They are releasing a new single soon, which is also the title track for upcoming movie, Honey & Clover, starring Sakurai Sho. The song is called Azora Pedal if I'm not wrong, they'll probably be appaearing on various music shows soon.

    - The Arashi member who appeared in HYD is Matsumoto Jun, he had a weird mop of curly hair in the show, usually he looks pretty good but curly just ain't his thing. Which reminds me, he went for hair extensions recently, now sporting long horrid hair.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I was wondering why the old thread was deleted as well, it had so many posts and some folks really put in the effort to dig up information and posted pictures.

    Anyway, quick information -

    - Arashi is doing their concert tour currently in Japan, I think they just went to Hiroshima last week.

    - They are releasing a new single soon, which is also the title track for upcoming movie, Honey & Clover, starring Sakurai Sho. The song is called Azora Pedal if I'm not wrong, they'll probably be appaearing on various music shows soon.

    - The Arashi member who appeared in HYD is Matsumoto Jun, he had a weird mop of curly hair in the show, usually he looks pretty good but curly just ain't his thing. Which reminds me, he went for hair extensions recently, now sporting long horrid hair.
    I heard about Jun's hair..like goldilocks I heard. They said he looked pretty ..ha ha....and that though most fans dislike it, Jun seems to like it a lot.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default Arashi

    Dear fellow Arashi fans,

    In view of the mishap at the music section where the arashi thread got deleted accidentally, I am starting a thread on them at here instead since they are actors as well as singers and hosts.

    Please post at this thread in future. The Arashi thread has a better chance of surviving here than at the music section I feel.

    Thanks and happy posting again!

    Strawberry

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Dear fellow arashi fans,

    Pl post future Arashi stuff at the new Arashi thread just started under the actor's section.

    Thanks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Posted a good Arashi link....


    http://www.amnos.net/

    http://reads.amnos.net/
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-27-06 at 06:18 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Glad to see an Arashi thread again, whatever happen to the second one anyway.

    Nino is going to be the voice actor for a movie this coming December, and he's appearing in Clint Eastwood's movie that's coming out next year. Not to mention Arashi's own movie. Jun will be in Arashi's movie, HYD 2 and that incest movie next year. Sho is in Honey & Clover and Arashi's movie, and he recently appeared in a musical (?).

    Why do I get the feeling that Aiba and Ohno are not really given that many chances compared to those three?

    By the way, I saw some of the posts in the Technical issues section, I am abit upset about the original thread being deleted since I did post quite some stuff as well and some of the insensitivity didn't help. I suppose we'll just have to build everything from scratch again, and maybe get more people interested in Arashi since there are certainly more posters in the Actors section.

  9. #9
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Please post at this thread in future. The Arashi thread has a better chance of surviving here than at the music section I feel.
    i don't know whether to take this as a complement or not? i don't think the actors forum has had an instance of a thread getting mistakenly deleted, but we did have a threads merged that weren't supposed to be.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Glad to see an Arashi thread again, whatever happen to the second one anyway.

    Nino is going to be the voice actor for a movie this coming December, and he's appearing in Clint Eastwood's movie that's coming out next year. Not to mention Arashi's own movie. Jun will be in Arashi's movie, HYD 2 and that incest movie next year. Sho is in Honey & Clover and Arashi's movie, and he recently appeared in a musical (?).

    Why do I get the feeling that Aiba and Ohno are not really given that many chances compared to those three?

    By the way, I saw some of the posts in the Technical issues section, I am abit upset about the original thread being deleted since I did post quite some stuff as well and some of the insensitivity didn't help. I suppose we'll just have to build everything from scratch again, and maybe get more people interested in Arashi since there are certainly more posters in the Actors section.
    The second thread is at the second page of the actor's section at this moment. i made a check just. I asked if this thread and that thread could be merged...but its not exactly important now since this final one is more frequently bumped up now.

    I certainly think its wiser to put the Arashi thread here. longer life span.

    For some reason, Aiba and Ohno are not given as much chances in acting but I don't really know why. I only know that Aiba is appearing in that TV drama special in Aug and there's their new single that we can look forward to that would be released soon.

    btw, have you heard their new CD already? your thoughts?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    repeat post deleted
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-29-06 at 04:13 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly
    i don't know whether to take this as a complement or not? i don't think the actors forum has had an instance of a thread getting mistakenly deleted, but we did have a threads merged that weren't supposed to be.
    Hi Pemberly,

    I assume you mean that there is an assigned moderator for each section? I see. I wasn't exactly thinking of compliments when I wrote that, just more of a factual remark.

    so I guess you are the mod looking after the actor's thread? I have a question, when we make a request to merge threads, how fast does it happen?

    and its also a fact that the actor's section has more pages thus that is also the main reason that threads survice here longer even if they are not as active.

  13. #13
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    For some reason, Aiba and Ohno are not given as much chances in acting but I don't really know why. I only know that Aiba is appearing in that TV drama special in Aug and there's their new single that we can look forward to that would be released soon.

    btw, have you heard their new CD already? your thoughts?
    I've heard about the new single being released soon, haven't heard the song yet but reviews were pretty good for those who went to watch Sho's movie Honey & Clover, it's the theme song for that movie.

    I've heard their new album already, hmm, I guess Arashi's music is not really to my taste, there's a sorta retro feel to the album but nothing really catch my attention.

  14. #14
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Hi Pemberly,

    I assume you mean that there is an assigned moderator for each section? I see. I wasn't exactly thinking of compliments when I wrote that, just more of a factual remark.

    so I guess you are the mod looking after the actor's thread? I have a question, when we make a request to merge threads, how fast does it happen?

    and its also a fact that the actor's section has more pages thus that is also the main reason that threads survice here longer even if they are not as active.
    requesting threads to get merged happens as soon as moddies have time. if you pm me, i'll usually do it within a day.

    and the actors section has more pages because i mass delete the old threads less often. the music section has more short thread where people are looking for songs. in the actors section, it's just one thread one actor so i usually give them about a half year life span if they become inactive. in addition, i give people notice before i clean out the old threads so people can request if they want inactive threads saved. you know, because people sometimes like to go back and scroll through the pictures. if you look, you'll find a really really old and long alec su thread.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I've heard about the new single being released soon, haven't heard the song yet but reviews were pretty good for those who went to watch Sho's movie Honey & Clover, it's the theme song for that movie.

    I've heard their new album already, hmm, I guess Arashi's music is not really to my taste, there's a sorta retro feel to the album but nothing really catch my attention.

    I just heard an instrumental piece from the movie, its not bad, I was expecting it to be a genki movie since its based on manga but hearing that piece, it doesn't feel that way.

    Arashi's music is not constant...this new CD is very retro-sounding, something they have not done previously. I think its a interesting CD but not fantastic either, however, like most of their past CDs, there would be one-two songs I find that are better among the whole CD.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly
    requesting threads to get merged happens as soon as moddies have time. if you pm me, i'll usually do it within a day.

    and the actors section has more pages because i mass delete the old threads less often. the music section has more short thread where people are looking for songs. in the actors section, it's just one thread one actor so i usually give them about a half year life span if they become inactive. in addition, i give people notice before i clean out the old threads so people can request if they want inactive threads saved. you know, because people sometimes like to go back and scroll through the pictures. if you look, you'll find a really really old and long alec su thread.

    Thanks Pemberly, pl continue with your practice, it sounds good to me.
    so can you still merge the arashi threads? no need for me to pm you this round since you already know right? I will take note to pm you in future if something like this occurs. btw, are these information about how threads are managed announced at the technical thread previously? You can pm me your replies if you preferred. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    I do find that Arashi has gotten more interesting over the years. In 2002, they seemed directionless and was definitely in danger of losing their popularity after a special launching of their group. Also, I find that the guys were all pretty quiet and introvert then so it was hard for them to be interesting when they attended variety shows, not so entertaining I feel.

    I am really curious about this Johnny guy...how old is he now anyway? in his 60s?
    How on earth did he come up the idea of specializing in the developing of male idols from such a young age and I have no idea how he selects them? like is it Tomo (?)that was mentioned? was passed over so many times when many felt he would debut with Arashi and then News.
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-30-06 at 01:26 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I just heard an instrumental piece from the movie, its not bad, I was expecting it to be a genki movie since its based on manga but hearing that piece, it doesn't feel that way.
    The manga that the movie is based on revolves around university students and the story traces the coming of age of these students. Sometimes melancholic, sometimes serious, sometimes sad, many funny moments, but genki is definitely not the word I'd use to describe the story.

    As for Arashi back in 2002... I'm not too familiar with their history, but back then folks like V6 and SMAP were getting much more attention than the younger JE members unlike now. It's like a changing of generation these few years, with the older groups focusing more on dramas and stuff, the younger groups are rising up one by one.

    By the way, Arashi members are good friends with Kanjani8 older members since the whole bunch of them joined JE around the same time ('95-'97) and did alot of shows and concerts together. Did you happen to watch the episode of HeyHeyHey whereby Arashi were the guests and they were talking about Kanjani8? Sho and Aiba were going on about how weird Kanjani8 members are and how they do not want to be associated with them , but it was all for fun of course.

    Johnny Kitagawa is pretty old, I think he's around 70 plus. I am not too sure of the history but you can check out a bit of him and JE's history here. As for his criteria for choosing the members of new groups... actually I don't think he goes around choosing them, it's probably a collective decision by the top few people in the company deciding who should or should not debut. The guy you mentioned is actually Ikuta Toma, I have no idea why he has been passed over so many times actually. Apparently the Arashi members were pretty unhappy that he did not get to debut with NEWS.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    The manga that the movie is based on revolves around university students and the story traces the coming of age of these students. Sometimes melancholic, sometimes serious, sometimes sad, many funny moments, but genki is definitely not the word I'd use to describe the story.

    As for Arashi back in 2002... I'm not too familiar with their history, but back then folks like V6 and SMAP were getting much more attention than the younger JE members unlike now. It's like a changing of generation these few years, with the older groups focusing more on dramas and stuff, the younger groups are rising up one by one.

    By the way, Arashi members are good friends with Kanjani8 older members since the whole bunch of them joined JE around the same time ('95-'97) and did alot of shows and concerts together. Did you happen to watch the episode of HeyHeyHey whereby Arashi were the guests and they were talking about Kanjani8? Sho and Aiba were going on about how weird Kanjani8 members are and how they do not want to be associated with them , but it was all for fun of course.

    Johnny Kitagawa is pretty old, I think he's around 70 plus. I am not too sure of the history but you can check out a bit of him and JE's history here. As for his criteria for choosing the members of new groups... actually I don't think he goes around choosing them, it's probably a collective decision by the top few people in the company deciding who should or should not debut. The guy you mentioned is actually Ikuta Toma, I have no idea why he has been passed over so many times actually. Apparently the Arashi members were pretty unhappy that he did not get to debut with NEWS.

    Thanks.

    I suppose many people feel the injustice that Toma recieved. not only Arashi members were upset but even Yamapi whom I heard got depressed that Toma did not debut with NEWS and that's the reason he lost so much weight. I guess all this proves that Toma's a nice guy.

    Which brings me to the question : how do the guys feel and stay loyal to a company that sometimes impose harsh penalty on them or make decisions that the guys can't fathom? I think its easier to ignore the company policies when you are as young as 11,12 ,13 which is when many of them debuted. but as they grow older, rebellion, puberty and later manhood steps in and its kind of more difficult to feel kindly about JE, don't you think? or am I being cynical now? I don't know.

    I am really unfamilar with K-8 at the moment and have yet to hear a single song by them. you know, each group has a certain style and for K-8, I heard they are wacky and crazy...seems like a fun group. sometimes I already find the current Aiba quite crazy...K-8's even more? Do you have a favourite member from K8 or you like the group itself?
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-30-06 at 03:53 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member beansprouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Island of Thieves
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    I found some pictures of young Arashi and Ikuta Toma posted by a fan.







    Credits to Tomapi Rant's Helen.

    They sure looked very kawaii don't they? It's kind of sad how Arashi has come so far but their former companion is still stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Similar Threads

  1. Arashi (New thread)
    By strawberry in forum Actors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-08, 12:20 AM
  2. Arashi
    By tellywelly in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-06, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •